By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2009-07-19 18:54:40  
Not a usual poster but after my recent talk with a GM I thought I should >.>
GM of fail:
User submitted image
Lets see;
I didn't trigger draw in.
I use wiki at least once per day.
I know the assault well.
Happened to the person I was doing it with too.

Hope you never get him/her >.>
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-19 19:00:47  
They need to hire GMs that actually know how the game works instead of hiring people that always tell you to check community sites. Why would anyone hire someone not competent for the job? Having a fairly deep understanding of the game should be an obvious requirement for this type of job. Being able to spell doesn't hurt either.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-07-19 19:02:55  
Never knew gm's could be so useless, along with the amount of mts.... are you sure it wasnt "bring your kid to work day" at SE? lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-19 19:07:51  
its ok man, you just got the short end of the staff
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-07-19 19:08:47  
Kungfuhustle said:
its ok man, you just got the short end of the staff

Badum-*pish*
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2009-07-19 19:09:01  
D:
Can prolly see I gave up at the end >.>;
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 19:09:12  
I love this... basically just a giant... nope nothing to see here its always been this way your lieing to think otherwise
Ive had a GM lie to me about the tablets then when differing info came out on official site and I tried to bring it up they ignored 3 more calls I made
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-19 19:20:17  
Why not just cut the *** and tell you "We don't really care about this problem?"
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2009-07-19 19:22:00  
Yeah, pretty much
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 19:22:29  
Cause leading you on and pretending to take the time and care will keep you coming back...if your dumb
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-19 20:30:21  
Oh, didn't realize this was about the topic of the conversation, I thought it was about the epic fail of the GM's spelling.
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2009-07-19 21:19:04  
Thoraeon said:
Oh, didn't realize this was about the topic of the conversation, I thought it was about the epic fail of the GM's spelling.

I second this.

I thought his spelling was the topic... D:

Either way, I got one hell of an LOL from it.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 21:38:32  
I laughed at the first three lines from the GM, then thought the rest was meh.

If you agro a Dahak in Evade and Escape, you're ***, if you managed to get away from draw-in by using a pet before consider yourself damn lucky as that shouldn't happen, and those little dead-ends you're talking about CAN work, but it's not safe to rely on them, and now you know why.

From that conversation it looks to me like the Assault was working fine and you were just being a *** whiner.

Oh and Das, the GM conversation you're talking about, you were having a *** about not getting a mog tablet after trying to cheat to get it using Apradar. Pretty sure you've got no *** leg to stand on either.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 22:04:31  
Blazza said:

Oh and Das, the GM conversation you're talking about, you were having a *** about not getting a mog tablet after trying to cheat to get it using Apradar. Pretty sure you've got no *** leg to stand on either.

Lol you remember incorrectly sir... I didn't even know about apradar back then. What happened was I went searching cause they said mogtablets release couldn't find anything and neither could alot of people on several different servers. Called GM hes like everything working as intended you just haven't been looking in right zones blah blah buy ACP and securtiy token!!! Then hours later on the playonline site there like oops yeah tablets not up for 8-24hours... Once I get back home I could look for the SS... actually it might still be on my photobucket account. If it was a *** session about me cheating would the GMs be ignoring me or banning me? Try harder before you tell me what my conversations are.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 22:12:02  
Dasva said:
No i mean I searched everywhere in a zone with apradar and lots of tabbing. While I may not have been close enough for a super faint glow on some parts I was within targeting distance of the entire zone... ie within apradar... so if apradar works it clearly wasnt in zone when I checked which was about 1.5 hours after the first one was found... seeing as this one didnt get found till like another 2 hours later and still more missing yeah Im thinking not all at same time like maybe small intervals after the first... anywhere in the window seems a little too mean.

My memory isn't that bad.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 22:13:48  
Blazza said:
Dasva said:
No i mean I searched everywhere in a zone with apradar and lots of tabbing. While I may not have been close enough for a super faint glow on some parts I was within targeting distance of the entire zone... ie within apradar... so if apradar works it clearly wasnt in zone when I checked which was about 1.5 hours after the first one was found... seeing as this one didnt get found till like another 2 hours later and still more missing yeah Im thinking not all at same time like maybe small intervals after the first... anywhere in the window seems a little too mean.

My memory isn't that bad.

Check the date that was week 3.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 22:19:23  
Meh, you were still having a cry for not getting a tablet even though you used Apradar, I couldn't really give a *** beyond that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 22:20:55  
Yeah I used it cause after GM lied to me I wanted to see if they were findable... searching an entire by eye and tool and nothing happening when they were up...seems fishy to me
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 22:22:26  
Dasva said:
QQ
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-19 22:25:31  
Blazza said:
I'm a *** who when proven wrong just likes to make justification why it doesnt matter
Dasva said:
QQ
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 22:29:35  
As I said: QQ
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-07-19 22:34:49  
how does I cheated and i still fail....sum1 call a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-19 23:19:59  
Just scanned over the two mog tablet threads.

Dasva, I apologise, I really am... feel sorry for you for being such a retard.

Was actually a really lolworthy read though, both threads have Dasva in about every 5th post being butt-hurt because he still doesn't have a tablet. The first time he called a GM was because he'd been looking for 3 hours and no-one on any server had found one yet. I can kinda see the relevance of that call, but still, it's a total QQ call. The GM told him it was probably because everyone had just been unlucky and that it was working as intended. This wasn't strictly true, as while it was working as intended, he failed to mention that they hadn't actually popped yet, and a couple hours later SE mentioned that there was an 8-24 hour respawn time.

So yeah, the GM was wrong (and you're surprised at this?). Then Dasva QQ'd for 3 pages that the GM lied to him, while continuing to also QQ about not having a tablet yet.

Then he QQ'd for a few more pages about using Apradar in Yuhtunga Jungle and being "within targeting distance" of the whole zone and not finding one, and then having someone find one in that zone a while later. We've since discovered that you have to walk very close to a tablet for it to appear (my guess is within 5'), which means that being withing 30' (targeting distance) of the entire zone means you haven't even covered half the zone. Ie: more QQ.

So basically, Dasva calls GM's and QQ's that he can't find tablets even though he tries to cheat with Apradar.
 Siren.Rainewaters
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Rainewaters 2009-07-20 03:00:52  
lol at failing to spell your name right.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-20 03:03:55  
Lol cant even see that I only GM called the first time even though you state it. If you notice alot of that was they failed to respond to me telling them there GMs didn't know ***.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-07-20 03:36:25  
i always did this assault as whm. i'd aggro them on purpose then RR3 just to make it go faster. 3 whms = easiest E&E ever. :D

I don't call GMs anymore. I don't have reasons to as much these days, but I've gotten useful help from maybe I dunno 5% of the calls I've made.
Seems like if you aren't stuck somewhere and call a GM for warp you are pretty much on your own.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 03:52:13  
The sad thing is, GMs typically have little to no in game experience. I recall someone showing a screenshot of having issues in sky, and the GM thought it was in Valkurm Dunes.... yeahhh... GMs are useless and always have been. Nuff said.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-07-20 03:54:09  
"I use wiki at least once per day."
i lol'd
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-07-20 04:00:39  
I remember there was a really weird issue with aggro on particular weapons in Ro'Maeve. The weapons just outside of the entrance to moon would not aggro to sound when you walked near them, except on random occasion, and when you ran away, they wouldn't pursue and would shortly depop thereafter. Was a really strange incident to which the GM had little to no information or help on the issue. I suppose it just fixed itself the next day.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-07-20 04:09:42  
I had this weird incident once when I switched to limit point while soloing... and after 2-3 kills instead of gaining that amount of limit points I lost that much xp... and somehow when I checked limit points was like highlited some weird way while xp was underlined like normal. Switched it to limit again things worked fine from there while I waited on my GM call. Finally get the call get the working as intended I press the issue and he checks and is like logs showed you gained limit points then... do you need any more help. Basically your lieing go away
First Page 2