フォーラム » FFXI » General » ACP 11
ACP 11
First Page 2
 Hades.Rieyuu
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-07-19 17:10:56  
so tried lastnight with a pld tanking and taking the long way about killing the seed...failed and tried today zerging it but it just didnt seem to die fast enough and everyone got charmed..; ; anyone know a good setup ?
 Alexander.Garlend
サーバ: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2009-07-19 17:14:31  
no idea i've tried 5 times with different setups and lost every time, its just luck 100%
 Pandemonium.Krebons
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2009-07-19 17:20:41  
pld with a MDB setup whm/blm or sch rdm/drk blm/whm or sch ranger and another DD wether it be another cor or rng or something to handle the adds, altho the blm can oneshot them with teir 3 usually (i went blm i know) its to simple 5/6 1 fail due to rng running out of arrows

ninja edit: the blm is the main stunner, if hes handling an add the rdm/drk stuns. :D
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-19 17:23:59  
Krebons said:
1 fail due to rng running out of arrows

yeah...thats a really big fail.
 Fairy.Deist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-07-19 17:25:11  
Tried it with set ups, heard it tried with different set ups.

We did it 3 DRk's, 1 BRD, 1 rdm/drk and got it down to 5%
Did it the safe way - everyone was happy it was going good, then it did judgment.

The way that ended up working for me, and where I won was x4 MNKs, 1 BRD, 1 RDM/DRK

But I feel its luck/good players that makes it a bit easier.

One set up that I hear around my server is PLD/RDM or /NIN, SMN/WHM, RNGx2, WHM/BLM and a BLM or RDM, I dunno its just what I hear - never tried it. Good luck to your future attempts.
 Shiva.Drteeth
サーバ: Shiva
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-19 17:48:16  
My winning setup was MNK (me), NIN, RNG, RDM/DRK, WHM, WHM. MNK straight-tanked the entire fight, RDM or WHM would sleep me if I got charmed. NIN pulled back clones and soloed them, RNG just pelted the crystal from afar, RDM/DRK refreshed, enfeebled, stunned.

Went 1/1 with this setup.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2009-07-19 18:13:10  
pld with mdb gear
sam/nin (me) basically killed the addons cause my ranged attack wasnt high enough
smn/whm used summons to attack
rng/war attacked from afar
rdm/drk stunned and healed
whm/blm heal

long fight but 1/1
 Siren.Laucion
サーバ: Siren
user: lauc
By Siren.Laucion 2009-07-19 18:44:08  
Attempted this fight quite a few times both from tanking and ranged attack method and zerg (got it down to 1% a few times by zerging).

Finally won by zerging with this setup:

brd/whm, rdm/drk(me), sam/war, mnk/war, mnk/war and war/nin

Before engaging we had the DD sleep/meditate TP and everyone had a TP wing to use if it was still up after 2hrs wore.In the end tho it went down easy only 1 TP wing was used and the war forgot to 2hr lol.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-19 18:50:19  
Easily won this RDM/DRK, RDM/DRK, RNG/WAR (Yoichinoyumi, lol.), RNG/SAM, PLD/RDM, WHM/SCH.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-19 18:55:54  
It's my understanding that the PLD basically tanks from afar, much like the Alexander fight, yeah?
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-07-19 19:04:59  
How well do you guys think 2x rdm/drk with 3 sams and 1 drk/sam would do? Last time I tried it we only died because chainspell wore, we could've killed it if we had a bit more time, it was around 15-20%.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-07-19 19:44:09  
If they Meditate TP before you engage, it should work just fine.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-07-20 04:43:30  
i did it twice with this setup and am 2/2
PLD/RDM (me in my MDB gear)
SAM/RNG
SAM/RNG
COR/RNG (DD COR)
RDM/DRK (Stunned -ga's)
WHM/SCH
 Hades.Mmakk
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-07-20 05:37:12  
We won with PLD/WAR, RNG/NIN, SAM/RNG, RDM/DRK, WHM/BLM, BST/NIN.

PLD tanked from a distance, it would use draw in, but he was able to outrun the moves. Tanked mostly from the side wall. The rest of us stood in one of the far corners on the same side as the PLD so cures could reach. RDM stunned -ga's, it did start resisting towards the end of the fight, he didn't chainspell until towards the end. RNG and SAM chipped away at it, I'm not sure how they handled their tp, but rarely got hate. I don't think I have to explain what a WHM does lol. As BST I took care of the clones, and was able to handle them even when it spawned 3 in quick succession. I used a bow to grab them, the crystal's moves rip through jug pets fairly easily.

Was a slow fight, took about 26 minutes if I recall. No one got hit by the crystal's moves. We did eat a couple spells from stun resists, but nothing that wasn't managable.
 Fenrir.Cooncon
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Cooncon
By Fenrir.Cooncon 2009-07-20 12:46:08  
Did this last night with SMN, RDM/DRK, PLD/RDM, BLU, DRK/SAM, and WHM/SCH (me).

PLD tanked it, DRK dealt with the Adds, RDM/DRK focused on stunning aoe attacks, SMN and BLU focused on DDing with Garuda and Cannon, and I healed people.

Went very well, with little difficulty. I'm 1/1 on that fight.
 Ramuh.Gengus
サーバ: Ramuh
user:
By Ramuh.Gengus 2009-07-20 13:27:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Garlend said:
no idea i've tried 5 times with different setups and lost every time, its just luck 100%

Perhaps badluck. I personally am 18wins out of 20 attempts. First loss was first attempt and we lost at 1% 2nd loss was due to tank d/cing mid fight. Have done this using just about every job ingame, although I have personal preferences to what jobs are better.. Compitenent players playing are effective than the "job" in the party.
 Odin.Mugeded
サーバ: Odin
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-20 14:22:59  
lol..
took me 3 tries to get this mofo down
we try it with sam/war, sam/war, sam/nin, drg/sam, rdm/drk, brd/whm
some how we fail it
then second time we end up fail again due to rdm/drk didnt know how to chainspell stun.
then we went and try again with different players
3rd set up was
sam/war, sam/war, mnk/war, mnk/war, rdm/drk, brd/whm
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-07-20 14:37:09  
SMN/WHM, SMN/WHM, SMN/WHM, BRD/WHM, RDM/DRK, PUP/SCH.
Garuda/s tanked n' Predator clawed it to death.
I helped heal and my automaton(BLM frame) took care of the clones.
Rdm stun'd/healed and the Brd did Brd stuff. :D
Smooth fight, got rough near the end but still won.
 Hades.Rieyuu
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-07-20 14:53:58  
yeah idk what to do when we tried the slow way it just went bad from the start ; ; and the zerg started off amazing and then it just went to hell at about half way lol gonna try one more time tonight before sky if this maintenance ever ends ; ; ty for the ides ^^
 Odin.Mugeded
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-20 15:12:15  
hopfully this next add-on isnt as crazy as this one. heard people actually saying this is harder than actual promy fight.
 Odin.Dryzt
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-07-20 15:21:27  
I still have yet to even try this fight because I can't get enough people together from my LS and with THF being my only 75 atm, people just /point and /laugh at me when I answer shouts Q.Q
 Lakshmi.Vetramont
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vetramont
By Lakshmi.Vetramont 2009-07-20 15:30:15  
My winning setup was PLD/WAR (me, with a MDB setup), SMNx2, RNG, RDM/DRK, RDM/WHM. Was very straightforward and easy, just had the SMN's avatars go nuts on the crystal while the RNG killed the clones. I was even charmed twice, which was annoying, but easy to deal with. I never fell into red HP once, about a 17 minute fight.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-20 15:32:07  
Dryzt said:
I still have yet to even try this fight because I can't get enough people together from my LS and with THF being my only 75 atm, people just /point and /laugh at me when I answer shouts Q.Q

Sadly Thf is extremely useless for the fight. >.>; Unless you have a really solid /ra setep. Can get that cannon gun with the uber bullets and keep spamming Slug Shot. Maybe. :o
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-07-20 15:51:06  
Haseyo said:

Sadly Thf is extremely useless for the fight. >.>; Unless you have a really solid /ra setep. Can get that cannon gun with the uber bullets and keep spamming Slug Shot. Maybe. :o

I've been told this and every variation of it so many times yet it still stings every time.

notice how the NIN is just sitting there, waiting for clones. A thf could be using RA in that time to chip away at the crystal, right? OK, I agree THF isn't the #1 choice for this fight, but I have to disagree that it is "useless"

edit: embedding is hard!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-20 15:56:03  
Well yeah I don't literally mean 'useless', but you'd have to make up for it, since it could be a potential Rng or something.

You'll need ls mates to assist with you though. Shouts generally don't care and just want cookie-cutter ways of winning, such as a Rng burn.
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-07-20 16:03:09  
yeah that was kinda my point. My LS is a rather small one and being on a closed server makes it a little tougher to recruit new people. It just bugs me whenever I am told my main job is useless. wouldn't you be at least slightly annoyed if someone said that about your job? lol. anyway, guess the next best option for me would be to level another job XD
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-20 16:05:04  
Dryzt said:
yeah that was kinda my point. My LS is a rather small one and being on a closed server makes it a little tougher to recruit new people. It just bugs me whenever I am told my main job is useless. wouldn't you be at least slightly annoyed if someone said that about your job? lol. anyway, guess the next best option for me would be to level another job XD

That's basically what made me level other jobs so I cab be good for any situation, lol.
Warning: Stray away from Blm or Whm - you become useful for many things and you'll never see Thf again D:
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-21 08:47:25  
Sam/War, Sam/War, Sam/War, Sam/War, Brd/Whm, Rdm/Drk

12/12

About 8/9 of those times none of us even took damage at all and the other times we got hit once. Fight is a complete joke.

Now can I have my 6 Acc Angel's ring or a free Triumph Ring plox.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-21 09:30:16  
Dryzt said:
It just bugs me whenever I am told my main job is useless. wouldn't you be at least slightly annoyed if someone said that about your job? lol. anyway, guess the next best option for me would be to level another job XD

I totally understand...and this is why I'm leveling SCH. Same reason why a good friend of mine (who is 75 THF) is leveling BLU. People start thinking a certain way, and goddammit, that's all they wanna hear and that's just the way it is.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-07-23 10:23:31  
I don't think any main job is useless, some are just better then others. This fight just seems to require a specific setup because of it's attacks.
First Page 2