That is your problem.

Windows or GTFO
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-01 11:16:15  
Xbox macro sets can't really be shared between players, if I'm understanding you correctly. Making the macros isn't difficult and takes basic understanding of ffxi commands. Should take you about 20-30 mins to make them yourself. Consult the MNK guide on this site if you have gearing questions.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-01 11:32:50  
OP ignore the crap, this is your answer.

Bismarck.Davorin said: »
Xbox macro sets can't really be shared between players, if I'm understanding you correctly. Making the macros isn't difficult and takes basic understanding of ffxi commands. Should take you about 20-30 mins to make them yourself. Consult the MNK guide on this site if you have gearing questions.

The use of /macro set and /macro book commands makes vanilla macros viable. There are a lot of VERY competent players not using windower scripts or spellcast. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the /macro commands and the job itself, because a macro set that makes sense to you and works with your playstyle will be far superior to any canned macro book you happen to find.
[+]
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-09-22 02:59:41  
Are you needing assistance with making the macros or figuring out what gear needs to be shaved to fit into the limited macro space?
I used to play on ps2 and 360 so I have the experience.
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2013-09-22 03:10:16  

Here you go. These are the macros I use when I play on my 360 if my PC is being difficult. /WAR and /DNC ones any way.

What you put in them is dependent on you though. Based on your gear and such.

The VicDown and VicUp macros are for when Impetus up/down and then I macro in the empy +2 body.

Nothing fancy but this setup I have had a familiar flow with for the last couple years.
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-22 03:15:41  
Three weeks too late. If OP still needs help with these macros, he/she probably still needs help equipping his/her afflictors.
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2013-09-22 03:18:07  
We all start somewhere.
[+]
 Bismarck.Resievil
By Bismarck.Resievil 2013-09-22 03:25:30  
Might be late but this may be useful to some other poor souls who are stuck on consoles. Oh be sure to abuse the ***out of the Wait 1 command, it frees up some space and makes you hit less buttons.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
サーバ: Fenrir
user: neoyukio
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-23 18:02:12  
Bismarck.Davorin said: »
Three weeks too late. If OP still needs help with these macros, he/she probably still needs help equipping his/her afflictors.

You mean Brawny's... you cant buy Afflictors on the AH.

Bismarck.Resievil said: »
Might be late but this may be useful to some other poor souls who are stuck on consoles. Oh be sure to abuse the ***out of the Wait 1 command, it frees up some space and makes you hit less buttons.

For gear swaps I use <wait 1> after the gear, then the /ja "whatever" <wait 3> and then the next set of gear to ensure that I trigger with the right set of gear. 99% of the time I wont attack cycle until the whole sequence is over so I'm not worried about losing the parse for a melee cycle in macro trigger gear.

EDIT: Adding an example.
"FD"
/equip Head "Temple Crown"
/equip Feet "Temple Gaiters" <wait 1>
/ja Focus <me> <wait 1>
/ja Dodge <me> <wait 3>
/equip Head "Ux' Hat"
/equip Feet "Manibozo Boots"

I find that all the waits allow me to reliably trigger my JAs in the correct gear. If you go without all the <wait> sometimes the server will show you do all 4 gear swaps and then the JAs, at that point I am unsure if it actually executed correctly.

That all being said, you used to learn how to build your macros as you leveled and learned your job. This is why many players are brash when it comes to these questions because we can go from 1-99 without knowing how to actually operate the job, much less a fundamental aspect of the game like this one; which is essential to play the game.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-23 18:22:05  
Really though, just get a pc or learn how to run FFXI on mac. You have to be into some unhealthy level of masochism to not be playing on PC in this day and age.
By itchi508 2013-09-23 19:09:24  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Really though, just get a pc or learn how to run FFXI on mac. You have to be into some unhealthy level of masochism to not be playing on PC in this day and age.
A lot of people seem to really hate console players & your basic macros lol "just buy a pc, just so you can play XI" that's a good answer to someone asking for console Macro advice. And shows how many people really depend on the scripts to do the work for them. Making them overall a incompetent player. You do not need scripts to perform well. Yes you have to push more buttons and actually use your head when making actions. Stop being lazy and troll this person about PC Vs. Console.

Generally for my monk mac's I prioritize my most common used around my WS and TP macros tabs. For instance: placing your MDT set to the right of your TP set.
Your PDT set to the left. This would say being under L2. So on L2 you have MDT TP PDT in the middle of your full bar so you can access either quickly.

Now under R2 put your WS boost perfect counter & chakra. This allows you to make quick actions with less movements.
In the far ends left and right if both L2 & R2 tabs you can put things like HF FS mantra Zerk Aggressor etc.

Now a easier solution since space is limited. Make a macro with impetus. Under that place a page # (can't remember off my head as I'm not online to see) I believe its macro set 1 maybe. Anyways place a page # on that. You can copy & paste the same builds to that new book or page. Only difference will be you tp/WS sets since you will need to keep on tantra cyclas +2 & make a Acc set Just for impetus.
Make a similar macro to bring you back to your home macro.

That's your basic build. Using limited space is key wile allowing your self to quickly jump to critical swops with less delay.

For something like say FS as a example. I have
Line 1: /equipt Body Melee cyclas +2 <wait 2>
Line 2: /ja "Formless strikes" me <wait 2>
Line 3: /equipt Body Thaumas

I belive you could get away with <wait 1> but if you get a lag spike that 1 second could screw your activation and won't read the augmented peace of gear that enhances it.

For a WS set say for instance:
/equip body "manibozo jerkin"
/equip head "whirlpool mask"
/equip waist "wanion belt"
/WS "shijin spiral" <stnpc>

This conserves space and allows for a Faster WS w/o manually going into your menu after macro swopping.

Alot if your macros may take up 2 boxs such as PDT MDT and Tp so plan them out where your comfortable to use them with less delay and able to swop back instantly.

Your WS macro can take up one now with all the updated gear allowing to swop fewer items.

For other sets such as Acc Hybrid /war /dnc /run etc you should make a hole new page copy/paste everything you can to keep it the same and just change the builds. And add / remove what is nessisary. For /run make it a palet that is available to have a empty palet below for your runes, as you will not have space to place runes on the same palet. Easy swops just hold R2 or L2, hit up or down on the Dpad to change pages. ( place your runes on the palet just above or below the /run page.

Once you figure it out will take you 15 min and you can make multiple sets just by copy/paste pretty fast for all your needs.

The set would sook something like this:
R2: HF Blank MDT MDT TP TP PDT PDT Chakra Regen
L2: FS Zerk Agg Chi PC WS Boost Voke Impetus mantra

(PC = perfect counter)
(Regen = Regen gear + movement speed boots)
Notice I left the one next to Hundred fist empty so you don't accidentally hit it tryin to hit say your MD set.
Sorry for the long post.. Good luck hope this helps.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-23 19:26:17  
You're very stupid if you think being more efficient and optimizing yourself has any correlation to being lazy. Hitting multiple macros reach the same effect as one macro is in no way on par with hitting a single macro and swapping everything. Also people are not robots, so you will screw up your intricate macro system occasionally(which is only limiting your efficacy in the first place.)

tldr; swop to a PC.
By itchi508 2013-09-23 19:35:08  
You're very stupid if you think being more efficient and optimizing yourself has any correlation to being lazy. Hitting multiple macros reach the same effect as one macro is in no way on par with hitting a single macro and swapping everything. Also people are not robots, so you will screw up your intricate macro system occasionally(which is only limiting your efficacy in the first place.)

tldr; swop to a PC.
Considering its a game... Some don't really give a ***. as there are more important things such as RL. Everyone has there priorities, which I'm sure this person asking for advice is similar to mine. I don't care enough to waist $ on a pc just for XI. A lot of people including myself can play just as affectively on a console with macros as someone with scrip or programs could. Only difference is a lil lag from time to time causing a minor delay, and a lil more work to make your swops happen. Otherwise I no most don't care enough. So what someone with the same exact merits buffs & gear sets out parsed me by 0.5% he/she asked for advice in console macros. Not your idiotic remarks on why you should play on pc over console, seems you posted here and probably don't even understand how to make basic macros, so please stop jerking off on the forum. Either help the person or gtfo
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-23 19:37:24  
You're acting like a PC is only for XI, I don't know a single person who doesn't have a PC for RL purposes.
By itchi508 2013-09-23 19:40:35  
There's many and more than you no. I don't have one. I have iPad iPhone. I do not own a pc. ( I have no use for it) I do not work in a office nor am i in school. and or do anything online that I can not do in iPad. I have no need for one, therefore I don't own one.
There's a lot of people that don't have for various reasons. It all depends on your career & surroundings in which you would own/buy a pc. And I'm sure "everyone you know does not own one lol that's a bit of exaggeration" anyways we are side tracked I gave him/her advice. Hope it helps
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-09-23 19:45:18  
Having an ipad, and iphone, and not a PC just kind of makes my head hurt. I won't derail this anymore though, enjoy your awful xbox macros. Most of the things you said about them are actually useful, but 90% of the time things like boost are detrimental, so I wouldn't even encourage putting that there.
By itchi508 2013-09-23 20:02:31  
With the sets I use I can afford the space to put boost in. But again I have always played on console so I have learned to organize my macro efficiently where I do have space for even something like boost. What is hard about it is organizing it to where you are comfortable using it w/o delay or lack of space. That is what will conflict on building your sets to where you can operate them with Minimal movements while including everything you need. Reason for the macro page sets that will send you to a different page that's almost identical. On some pages I don't have room so for instance I manually hit dodge which isn't really something you need on a quick tab where as chakra or perfect counter is.
I'm sure PC is 100x easier. And more efficient. But once you learn to macro it's not bad. Again learning to set them for your brain to understand them logically, wile covering everything you will need is the hard part of building them.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-24 09:41:14  
You're acting like a PC is only for XI, I don't know a single person who doesn't have a PC for RL purposes.
Having an ipad, and iphone, and not a PC just kind of makes my head hurt. I won't derail this anymore though, enjoy your awful xbox macros. Most of the things you said about them are actually useful, but 90% of the time things like boost are detrimental, so I wouldn't even encourage putting that there.

Not everyone owns or can access a PC and you're a dumb ****.

As far as the "Scripts make you lazy" argument, I don't run scripts because I'm too lazy to set them up and I know how to make macros quickly. There's nothing mnk needs in the way of scripts that base macros cannot do. Plus I'm usually in the top of the parse so, meh.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-24 10:07:51  
believe he was commenting on shelling out for name brand toys when he doesn't even own a pc

kind of like buying a pya'ekue belt+1 to use on your bereaver drk, if you need a ffxi comparison
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-24 12:40:50  
Fenrir.Boomslang said: »
Not everyone owns or can access a PC and you're dumb.

nice name calling makes you argument seem way more "pro".
pulling the im too poor card when the person at hand has both ipad and iphone... seems kinda paradoxical to me.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-24 14:28:07  
I don't know a single person who doesn't have a PC for RL purposes.

itchi508 said: »
I have no need for one, therefore I don't own one.

Not everyone owns or can access a PC

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
pulling the im too poor card

Wut?
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-24 14:35:07  
I don't know a single person who doesn't have a PC for RL purposes.

itchi508 said: »
I have no need for one, therefore I don't own one.

Not everyone owns or can access a PC

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
pulling the im too poor card

Wut?

ah i take it back. I read it with a wrong context in my head.
 Fenrir.Boomslang
By Fenrir.Boomslang 2013-09-24 14:37:16  
^^b 'sall good bro