Of Letters To Autistic Child's Parents.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Of letters to autistic child's parents.
Of letters to autistic child's parents.
First Page 2
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-08-21 03:06:02  

Discuss.

(I had to get this out of lolpics 'cause it was sucking the lol and the pics away and turning it into Q('.'Q) text post thread).
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-08-21 03:20:52  
People being people. The internet didn't create horrible people under the fog of being anonymous. People have always been horrible to each other to start with.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-21 03:22:44  
That's a lot of exclamation marks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-21 03:25:06  
not really enough information, gonna need a decibel value before i make my decision on who to side with
[+]
By Squish 2013-08-21 03:39:22  
From a healthcare professional's perspective....

Very insensitive letter, but it does have some valid points.

When Junior is 65...he will have never worked...and mom and dad will be dead...he will have been a financial drain on society his whole life.

Also "special needs" children generally cause marriages to fail earlier stated here...

http://drgrcevich.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/special-needs-and-divorce-what-does-the-data-say/

Also, a "special needs" child generally keeps at least one parent from having steady employment (because they have to stay home with Junior because finding daycare that accepts that liability is extremely hard/expensive)

No easy answer here...I am not advocating 6th Trimester abortions.

Often "miracles of modern medicine" are just actually humans fu**ing up and playing god.

Its called the "little animal in the forest" analogy. If it was a "little animal in the forest, would it be able to live once it reaches physical maturation?"

This belief has been used in many ancient cultures...and some modern ones too.

*Related*

Also most people do not know when to let go.

Grandma who is 90 years old with cancer...why is she still a full code?

"One day you will die. Until you accept that, you are useless."

-Tyler Durden
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
サーバ: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-21 03:46:09  
That woman needs to come to Texas, we are allowed to Euthanize people...
As for the letter itself.
Is she entitled to "Special Treatment" as well?
It is selfish of her to not be considerate to other people.
And her kids need to grow up, I was in gym class with an autistic boy who hummed non stop, we took our final exam to the humming noises, doesn't put a huge impact on your life at all.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-08-21 03:56:26  
I hate that the police are involved at all in something like this, as infuriating and offensive as it is, it's... just not a police matter in my mind. What are they going to do, ask the woman not to be a ***? On the other hand, if they do do that, I like to think that her name ends up in a police report that's part of the public record... and it just sorts itself out. So for me, there's a silver lining. I don't mean that this woman needs to be attacked or anything, but I wouldn't mind her feeling a little international public shame.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-08-21 04:20:50  
Squish said: »
From a healthcare professional's perspective....

Very insensitive letter, but it does have some valid points.

When Junior is 65...he will have never worked...and mom and dad will be dead...he will have been a financial drain on society his whole life.

Also "special needs" children generally cause marriages to fail earlier stated here...

http://drgrcevich.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/special-needs-and-divorce-what-does-the-data-say/

Also, a "special needs" child generally keeps at least one parent from having steady employment (because they have to stay home with Junior because finding daycare that accepts that liability is extremely hard/expensive)

No easy answer here...I am not advocating 6th Trimester abortions.

Often "miracles of modern medicine" are just actually humans fu**ing up and playing god.

Its called the "little animal in the forest" analogy. If it was a "little animal in the forest, would it be able to live once it reaches physical maturation?"

This belief has been used in many ancient cultures...and some modern ones too.

*Related*

Also most people do not know when to let go.

Grandma who is 90 years old with cancer...why is she still a full code?

"One day you will die. Until you accept that, you are useless."

-Tyler Durden

I don't know about healthcare "professional..." I'd say amateur, on a good day. Maybe.

That's a cute analogy. I wonder what the survival rate is for nearsighted rabbits. Or mountain goats with asthma. What happens to a cougar with a broken ankle? Or a wolf with no sense of smell? What about albinism in a species that relies heavily on camouflage? What about a fish with fins of slightly different size? Trying to apply some kind of survival of the fittest attitude is pretty *** lame, especially since I'd take a bet that you're only alive right now as a result of some human intervention. What I'm saying is that without your care, your compassion, your intervention (if you really aren't just a janitor in a hospital or something) that many many many people wouldn't survive on their own. You've confused this, with this.

I mean, you do understand that it really sounds like you're advocating kicking this kid out when he's 18, right?

And what's with the financial aspect of this? Who's to say that a person's "worth" can be measured at all, let alone by whether or not they're net balance is positive or negative. How rich have you made me? Oh, not at all? Then I may as well kill you, right? I don't agree with that ***, but I'd better not take a chance that I haven't made you any money, either. Survival of the fittest, right?

Yeah, I get it. Any amount of human intervention isn't going to "fix" an autistic kid. But for how much importance you place on someone being a financially productive member of society, I'd think that at least a couple of times it would have occurred to you that while you might have a career and a bank account, removing you from the system isn't really going to hurt anything, either. You're really just the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

But hey, it's the internet, so at least I know that I will probably never have to actually deal with you, and if I'm really lucky, only a few people like you.

PS, my Grandma is actually 92*, and she's had cancer five separate times, and I'd trade the entirety of the rest of your life for one more year added to hers in a hearbeat. So *** off.

*math is hard
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-08-21 04:45:59  
10 bucks says the parents typed that themselves.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-08-21 05:00:49  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
I hope you're right. I really don't want this to be real...

Edit: Saw the article posted in LOL pics. Guess it's real. :/ Well that sucks.
[+]
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-08-21 05:12:37  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »
I hope you're right. I really don't want this to be real...

Its Real.

Ontario police investigating hateful letter telling family to ‘euthanize’ autistic child
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-21 09:26:51  
I honestly don't see how anything in the letter has any valid points, and if they do, people are only saying it has valid points, without really pointing them out.

So far the only points that actually stand out in the letter, are that the "pissed off mother" has no clue about autism, refers to the child as an "it", makes many wild assumptions and suggestions - starting with leaving the kid locked up like an animal, moving far away from her "normal" neighborhood, moving the kid away and locking him up in a camper in the woods, to more extremes such as dismembering the kid and using his "non *** up body parts for science", to simply euthanizing the poor kid because he can't communicate the same way as her "normal" kids.

On top of it all, the kid makes noises. To communicate. She can handle all the normal noises in the neighborhood - kids screaming, dogs barking, loud vehicular noises, etc. - just not the screams of an excited autistic kid - which are really not much different.

"HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kid", "idiot son", etc. man, the level of ignorance and hate is just astounding.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-21 09:38:10  
A part of me wants to say that an adult couldn't have done this, the punctuation and grammatical errors. Also, "whaling" instead of "wailing", but some people...

/facepalm

"One pissed off mother" apparently thinks children with autism are in cahoots with harpoon-wielding Captain Ahab.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-08-21 09:41:34  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
That's a lot of exclamation marks.

This letter/poster needs more exclamation marks

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
A part of me wants to say that an adult couldn't have done this, the punctuation and grammatical errors. Also, "whaling" instead of "wailing", but some people...

/facepalm

"One pissed off mother" apparently thinks children with autism are in cahoots with harpoon-wielding Captain Ahab.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 09:45:48  
Mom.inletter said:

You selfishly put your kid outside everyday and let him be a nothing but a nuisance and a problem to everyone else with that noise polluting whaling he constantly makes!!!!!!111one

I'm going to try and get over the fact that this "mentally handicapped" child could probably assemble a better sentence.

Did anyone else picture this special needs kid, sailing on the open seas with a peg leg and a harpoon. I had the added mental image of his bad-*** "noise pollutioning" speaker vessal. A truly awesome sea-monster of a whaling ship with GIANT speakers lashed to each side. This savant of the high-seas chasing down some fat *** busybody mom while rocking out to turbo lover at volume 11.

God bless that awesome ***.

GFDI, beaten by quiznoz AND zahrah
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-21 09:48:15  
We were in the same boat! LOL!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 09:48:54  
I AM REALLY UPSET NOW THAT MY THOUGHT WAS NOT AN ORIGINAL SNOWFLAKE.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-21 09:51:09  
Ashman needs to butcher than sentence more, sign off as "Pissed off forum poster", and add more exclamation points.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-08-21 10:00:44  
Well, this thread is becoming galleons of fun!
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-21 10:05:24  
Avast ye mateys. This voyage was doomed to fail from the onset.

Some people's logical ships seems to have a severe and crippling leak in their hulls. A simple fix indeed, but let us forego the work instead to have them culled.

Then again, with holes in yer sails, the wind will continue to blow in one way, and out the other.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 10:10:40  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Well, this thread is becoming galleons of fun!

You're lucky someone snapped you up, girl, because you are LOADS of pun!~
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-08-21 10:12:47  
Siren.Celestius said: »
As much as I think how terrible and hideous this person is for writing a hateful letter like this, it bothers me how the police are being involved in this. If the police find whoever wrote this, what are they going to do to the person? It would be different if it was a letter threatening to kill the kid, but it's just someone complaining way too much. Even though the letter was poorly written and is absolutely shameful, I don't know what will be accomplished by arresting the writer for their stupid opinion. Good news is many people in the kid's neighborhood are rallying for him, and the writer is being shunned in every way. I don't see a need to take action against this person, unless he/she is going to do harm to the kid.

The letter itself can be construed and taken as threatening, and the police are involved with an investigation. If this is simply the initial complaint by some depraved woman, and the grandmother and parents of the boy have a legitimate fear for the safety of his well-being, then the police should be involved. It would also help to determine if this goes to court as a criminal or civil case. Chances being, due to the nature of the letter, and the content therein, it *could* proceed as criminal. And be used as fodder by the author as another reason to remain ignorant and hateful towards all people suffering from autism.

I don't necessarily agree that the police should have been involved...but I can certainly understand why. Had I received an angry, threatening letter like that with similar content regarding my son, I'd probably get the police involved to find out who sent it.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-08-21 10:18:27  
All jokes aside: I don't know that I am man enough to raise a child (i'd be constantly second guessing myself), let alone a special needs child.
If I believed in abortion (I am pro-choice for everyone else, but pro-life in my personal choices if that makes sense) I would be strongly tempted to suggest "taking care" of a pregnancy if the doctor told me the child would be different. I'm not proud of that, but it's something that wouldn't be an easy choice for me.

The fact that someone is an exceptional enough human being to have the patience and care for this child is amazing. Everytime I see a parent with a special needs child I think "that's so awesome" in my head. The difficultlies that this poor child has gone through already due to society are bad enough (and seeing the pain in that child's eyes when someone picks on them).

This letter, regardless of the intent, is absolutely disgusting. I *** LOATHE dogs.. I mean like... if there were no dogs i'd be a happier person. I wouldn't write a letter like this to a noisy dog owner, much less the parent of another human being. As my mother would say, "there but for the grace of God, goes me". What if her precious "normal daughter" got clipped by a hit and run driver and became brain damaged? Is she going to get her daughter euthanized? *** that *** in her stupid ear. *nods emphatically*
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-08-21 10:34:39  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
*** that *** in her stupid ear.

I agree wholeheartedly.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-08-21 10:35:36  
I want to buy this kid a megaphone....

PARKER Edit: skip to 1:00

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Squish 2013-08-21 10:40:48  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Squish said: »

Stuff

Been in the healthcare game since 1999.

A little about me.

I am not advocating killing people, though I am for voluntary euthanasia and assisted suicide.

I do feel often family members are emotionally compromised and are not qualified to make medical decisions.

I do not think families really take in the whole picture when confronted with extremely tough choices.

Look up defensive medicine etc etc etc.

I am all for stem cell research, and abortion.

I deal with unwanted children everyday at my job...my problem is...they are 23 years old and in handcuffs when I meet them.

I am just tired of everyone thinking "human life is precious no matter what".

As I said, there is no easy answer.

And I would value my PUG's life over yours (I have no idea who you are).

Then again, I actually think if we met we would probably agree that our healthcare system is broken it frustrates us both.

Anyway, here we are hashing it out on an MMO message board!?
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2013-08-21 12:27:39  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Discuss.

(I had to get this out of lolpics 'cause it was sucking the lol and the pics away and turning it into Q('.'Q) text post thread).

Basically I mentioned that the letter would be lolpics thread worthy if it was about the lady who wrote it being pinned on Facebook and Twitter for making such a dreadful letter. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh well. Sorry about polluting the lolpics thread. I'll try to not do it again. D:
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-08-21 12:35:22  
Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Sorry

you're fired
First Page 2