Seraph SMN Burn - Where Are You?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Seraph » Seraph SMN Burn - Where are you?
Seraph SMN Burn - Where are you?
 Seraph.Myguri
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: myguri
By Seraph.Myguri 2009-07-14 15:51:46  
Can I get an invite for one of these? I saw a /sh burn party one night, but I was too tired and went to bed. That is the closest to a Astral Burn I have come. If it is possible to be a puller with THF, I'll be the puller for a while. Throw me a /tell if you see me on. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to fill up a party, but I'd like to give it a try.
 Seraph.Abarai
user: Abarai
By Seraph.Abarai 2009-07-20 02:39:52  
Bump, I'm interested in this as well, looking for a group that do it regular and for me to leach exp off, mainly for merits, not for jobs. Will pay for for each run. please send me a PM or /tell if you do this.

thanks
 Seraph.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Seraph.Phaded 2009-07-20 03:47:21  
If my schedule doesn't conflict I wouldn't mind joining an SMN burn to finish off the job.
 Seraph.Pharoe
user: Pharoe
By Seraph.Pharoe 2009-07-20 04:13:23  
I am interested in an Astral Flow Burn! Just send me a /t in-game, I'm sure I can get some higher level help to pull for us. @53 smn and would love to do this every day if possible.
 Seraph.Abarai
user: Abarai
By Seraph.Abarai 2009-07-20 04:29:57  
Anytime after around 10pm GMT, so like 6pm EST is good for me

I dont have smn though,

Need outside tank x2
SMNs will need 3 to be good
and then leeches or what not.

If we could get a core group and maybe rotate tanks so we all get exp this could be fun and work out for us in the long run

Will have to talk about this after the update
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-07-21 01:52:36  
THF pulling wont work when you got like 150+ish mobs attacking you, pullers are RDM/BLU or RDM/PLD or RDM/WAR(works) also PLD/BLU or PLD/RDM

PLD/RDM are best pulling, RDM/BLU best for holding while PLD/RDM pulls, RDM cures PLD for hate.

some of my LS members do it regularly

i'd recomend 3-4 SMN's a sync and leech and somone /cor for exp boost.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-07-21 02:40:57  
I'm down, my SMN can use a lift...
[+]
 Seraph.Blocc
user: blocc
By Seraph.Blocc 2009-07-27 16:25:20  
any1 know any other spots then the tunnel at bastok to smn burn at?
[+]
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-08-14 15:45:42  
I'm looking to level up my SMN, interested in Astral burn. Please contact me. thx
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-14 16:17:28  
Maze of Shakhrami is another decent spot, Bubu entrance.
 Phoenix.Astronym
サーバ: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-14 18:25:05  
how exactly does a smn burn work?
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-08-15 04:54:28  
changing servers, brb.
;;
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-20 12:28:42  
Astronym said:
how exactly does a smn burn work?

Get a puller (the more the better) to pull/link the zone. RDM/PLD or PLD/RDM work really well for this, but any /RDM for the most part can do this well. 70+ is recommended for pulling/holding.

Have level sync SMNs 2hr the cluster of mobs.

You want to be between 12-18 when you start as the lvlsync target will gain lvls really fast. Have at least 3 SMNs for an average pull. Stick a /COR in the party to boost the exp. And for the pullers, running in a straight line as fast as they can through a zone wont make for a good pull.

SMNs at this level can AF 3 times. You dont need meds or drinks, just a ginger cookie will do the trick with good timing. If you eat the cookie just before you 2hr, the cookie will wear just before your AF does, nice in game timer for all you console players.

Some safety notes:
DO NOT ASSAULT THE MOBs
Summon at a safe distance
If you use any food or meds, use them at a safe distance (trust me on this one, I've seen Tarus die from eating a cookie too close too often)
DO NOT RELEASE YOUR AVATAR~ if it doesnt die right after you AF just wait, they'll come for it and kill it, then run.

I've been in and ran a few SMN burns, if you've got Q's or want more details/tips you can always DM me here or /tell me in game.

I'm also on Twitter :D
 Phoenix.Astronym
サーバ: Phoenix
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-20 13:01:32  
ok questions....

how does the puller pull all the mobs? resting in front of them?

what zones are good for doing this?

define safe distance lol.

so if all the mobs dont die.... you resummon and astral flow again? or just run and zone?
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-20 16:52:18  
The two most common zones to do this in are Kor.Tunnel and Maze of Sha.

I blind one bat near Bastok side(K.tunnel), from there I move to the spider cave on the upper level (where the NM spider spawns) and Blind the spider in the back. /Heal in front of Gigas Gobs and Pugs, Crabs wont link and aren't worth the effort of /healing in front of so I don't mess with them. Helps to have 2-3 pullers and one holder. 1 puller for top level, the other for bottom level, 3rd to pick up any that the person on the 1st floor missed. I average about 20k exp per pull. Just under 40k exp was my best pull (3 pullers, 1 holder. 4 SMN in party, all did D.dust x3 other 2 ppl were a COR leech and a RDM level sync target)
The area I have the EXP and Hold camps at is near Altepa zone. EXP camp is against the wall, and Hold camp is in the hall leading to the bridge. The area were the "???" for the M.worm is where the Hold camp should be kinda.

If they summon, eat cookie, 2hr near wall, then run across path, into hall, to the Hold party, D.Dust, then run back to wall to rest, they will be fine. Really important that if the avatar doesn't die after D.dust, that the SMN wait for it do die before running out. I've seen SMN #2 come running out with Avatar and 30+ mobs in tow, and they haven't lost hate for SMN #1 yet, so what happens is SMN #2's avatar goes down, and then 30+ mobs kill resting SMN #2 and SMN #1.

There is a ledge kinda on both sides of the path. Summoning in the path is risky, any action on the ledge-ish area leading to the hall and Hold party will 80% of the time equal death.

The first SMN to go wont kill much, the Gobs if anything will die after the 2nd or 3rd D.dust SMN #2 will kill the lower level Bats and leeches. SMN #3 will finish most things off by its 3rd D.Dust. At this point you should hopefully be lvl 18+ and have Thunderspark available. Since it's an AoE and does ok damage, have your SMN's spam this while the Hold party Cure Bomb the SMNs. At this point /assault is still risky.

If you've ran out of SMN 2hrs, and you aren't 18 yet, just have the group focus on the weakest mob and do what Blood pact:Rages that they have available. Poison Nails shouldn't be overlooked at this point, but it doesn't stack so just once per mob is all that is needed.

Hope that helps. ^^
 Alexander.Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-08-20 16:53:30  
Holder gets hate by Cure Bombing the Pullers as they come to camp. Aga buffs help, as do self buffs. I spam the bar.ele spells as RDM and cure bomb myself and the pullers. At this point the puller should only have hate from the first mobs they agro. I have the pullers kill the 1 bat and 1 leech and 1 spider that they have agro'd to cause the link train. From there, they log out. Log back in and start next pull.

The only time that the mobs come off the holder is when:

A) someone is too close to the mob pile while summoning, AF, or any other action, even the use of food.

B) The Avatar isn't killed instantly and the SMN runs away too soon. In this case, the mobs will follow the avatar & the SMN away from the pullers. Now that the mobs are too far from the pullers, agro goes to the SMN and others resting near by once the avatar is killed.

*To help prevent this, its good to have Holder Cure bomb the SMN as they are doing D.dust. Also, as the SMN, wait till the heath bar of your avatar goes away before you run.

Once all is said and done, and all 2hr is used up, there may be some mobs left over with low health, they should still be on the holder, even as you send the SMN in to attack with normal blood pact rages.

The Holder should be self buffing or on /heal at all times. If not /heal, self buff. Also, Utsusime is a huge waste here. Phalanx and -damage gear is key as is +enm. If geared right, you should take 0 damage with phalanx up, and low teens to single digit damage with it down. And that's coming from a Taru lol.
 Seraph.Greyfin
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-08-20 17:16:48  
You are complicating things on the Diamond dust part, all you have to do is stand still and wait for your summon to die. Then you can go back and re-summon/rest.

Also, a simple cure 3 can work, just have to /heal. (the holder that is)