Rune Fencer Macro Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune Fencer Macro Setup?
Rune Fencer Macro Setup?
 Asura.Ryndo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-08-13 09:25:52  
Wondering what macro setup to use on RUN? I play on xbox so I dont have any script etc.

Anyone have any ideas how to set it up? Do I need all rune enhancements etc.. how do I make space for it all in 2 lines :(
By Lilcam 2013-08-13 09:45:24  
I put only the important runes on alt. Like fire,wind,thunder,blizzard resist and I put all of the magic defense and resist and just fill in the rest I didnt put any magic on there but up to you.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-08-13 09:48:56  
Asura.Ryndo said: »
Wondering what macro setup to use on RUN? I play on xbox so I dont have any script etc.

Anyone have any ideas how to set it up? Do I need all rune enhancements etc.. how do I make space for it all in 2 lines :(
While I do use Spellcast I also use a series of "/macro set" commands to separate my macros up and make all of them possible.

So like my first set is setup like

1) /macro set 1 (/echo to tell me I'm already on this set as well as tell me what is in the set) This is where I have all my runes

2) /macro set 2 (Switches me to macro set 2 and tells me what is in that set) This contains all my Effusion/offensive sj abilities

3) /macro set 3 (see 2) This contains my Wards/Defensive SJ abilities

4) /macro set 4 (see 2/3) Contains my spells

5) Secondary Weaponskill (this is in the same spot on all my sets except spells)

6) Main Weaponskill(again same on all my sets except spells)

7) blank (for now)

8-0) These are JA that did not fall under the previous categories (Swordplay, Embolden, One for All)

My Alt row then has all my abilities lined up in some way of importance to me, whether it be in terms of usefulness or in the order of which I learned them

I've done the same system for my scholar (when I actually play it) but it's even more intricate and essentially looks like this guide.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-08-13 12:45:17  
I'd suggest setting it up as above. You will have 1 macro that will switch you to a page with your runes and barspells (I macro barspells mainly so I can quickly change my barspell to match the incoming nuke).

On your rune/barspell page, you should have a macro that will take you back to your "main page". I set mine up like this:

Page 1:
Foil|Flash|Regen|One for All|Hasso/Haste|Refresh|Swordplay|Embolden|Phalanx|RunePage Macro

Varies*|Lunge|Reso|-DT Gear|TP Gear|Stoneskin|Battuta|Custom**|Liement|RunePage Macro

Page 2:
Runes in order of elemental resistance by day of the week|MainPageMacro
(Eg. Unda|Flabra|Sulpor|etc.)

Barspell sorted by day of the week|Meds|MainPage Macro.

Note:
*I change alt and 1 on page 1 depending on what sub job im using, sometimes it's some form of stun, sometimes its cure, etc.
**Custom is a macro that will use the last rune selected. This won't work for you as you don't have spellcast.

I type commands mostly unless its something I may need to use at extremely short notice