フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
FFXIAH Linkshell Ni
First Page 2 3 ... 17983 17984 17985 ... 18549 18550 18551
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 13:22:12  
Cussing loudly at a restaurant table irks me.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 13:23:52  
The table you are sitting at or from one nearby?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:24:46  
Siren.Mosin said: »
we could, but if we were going to try it, we damn well better ask to be excused.

Yeah. Being excused was a big thing. You didn't go anywhere, finished or otherwise, without it.

omfg Z, my brother-in-law's brother in law. we had chili at my nieces' birthday party, and this *** guy had his wife and mother pick all the beans out of chili cause this man-baby 'didn't like beans'... what in the holy mother of ***? I couldn't believe these women obliged him. I just stared in disbelieving horror until my wife told me to stop.

0_o
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-31 13:25:00  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Cussing loudly at a restaurant table irks me.

*** your delicate sensibilities.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 13:25:50  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The table you are sitting at or from one nearby?
My brother at the same table as me, cussing and saying racial ***. He's "not racist tho."
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-31 13:26:39  
Ramyrez said: »
0_o

I could go on about it all day. Does he beat his mother and wife? Did he live 30-some years without any adversity at all? Are they all plum-*** stupid? so many unanswered questions....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 13:26:48  
Not racist just offensive
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-31 13:29:22  
I like when guys spew a bunch of offensive ***, then cap it off with "no offense".

so god damn funny.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-31 13:29:47  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Why am I annoyed?

because everyone that didn't have a brutally repressive upbringing eats like a bunch of savages!!!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:33:13  
0_o

I could go on about it all day. Does he beat his mother and wife? Did he live 30-some years without any adversity at all? Are they all plum-*** stupid? so many unanswered questions....

Yeah.

I just...ugh.

I mean, if I want something my wife doesn't want, since I'm the one cooking anyhow, I'll make her something different, but that's not her being picky -- in fact she often says I don't have to -- but I do it because I'm doing the work anyhow and I want to.

But to expect someone else to make something different or alter it just for you?

I learned that lesson one time when I was about six. My family got pizza and it all had mushrooms on it and I don't like mushrooms, and they were the little kind that you can't really pick out because they're embedded through-and-through.

I whined and wouldn't eat.

So I went to bed hungry.

Never whined about that again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 13:37:12  
You don't realize how much you get judged or how some parents were aware of those subtle nuances.

"Look, at that heathen using his fork like a shovel instead of a claw"

"hmmmp that savage doesn't put a napkin in his lap while eating"

"They're using the dinner fork for salad...and the salad fork for dinner"

"how does that person not know they should use a spoon and fork to twirl up pasta?"

#society.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-31 13:37:46  
omfg Z, my brother-in-law's brother in law. we had chili at my nieces' birthday party, and this *** guy had his wife and mother pick all the beans out of chili cause this man-baby 'didn't like beans'... what in the holy mother of ***? I couldn't believe these women obliged him. I just stared in disbelieving horror until my wife told me to stop.

/eye twitch

Sounds like a college buddy and his wife. She is a fantastic cook! Whenever she hosts something, she always has macaroni on the burner for her husband. His entire diet is beef, macaroni and beans.

Bringing back 'round home to ballpark food, there was a stench that emanated from their hotel room when we went to Houston for a Rangers/Astros game a couple years ago. Idiotically, I blurted out, "Is the sewage system backed up on this floor?"
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:38:46  
You don't realize how much you get judged or how some parents were aware of those subtle nuances.

"Look, that heathen uses his fork like shovel instead of a claw"

"hmmmp that savage doesn't put a napkin in his lap while eating"

"They're using the dinner fork for salad...and the salad fork for dinner"

"how does that person not know they should use a spoon and fork to twirl up pasta?"

#society.

How does anyone not know all of those things?

I mean, the last is optional unless you're making a mess/spectacle of yourself, but it's actually just a quality-of-life thing to make it easier on yourself, but...I digress...

#GrewUpInaNaziRestarauntApparently
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:40:04  
Bringing back 'round home to ballpark food, there was a stench that emanated from their hotel room when we went to Houston for a Rangers/Astros game a couple years ago. Idiotically, I blurted out, "Is the sewage system backed up on this floor?"

Oh man. Sewage backup.

One of the things the plumber did this weekend was reroute some stuff for me that the former owner knocked together himself and *** up the sink drainage.

That was not a pleasant smell when that pipe got opened and rerouted.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-31 13:40:11  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I hate everything about hot dogs.... bratwurst or gtfo!!!

My sentiments exactly!

Best brats are Johnsonville boiled in Wisconsin beer first before getting seared on the grill.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-31 13:40:58  
0_o

Yeah.

I just...ugh.

I mean, if I want something my wife doesn't want, since I'm the one cooking anyhow, I'll make her something different, but that's not her being picky -- in fact she often says I don't have to -- but I do it because I'm doing the work anyhow and I want to.

But to expect someone else to make something different or alter it just for you?

I learned that lesson one time when I was about six. My family got pizza and it all had mushrooms on it and I don't like mushrooms, and they were the little kind that you can't really pick out because they're embedded through-and-through.

I whined and wouldn't eat.

So I went to bed hungry.

Never whined about that again.

Sounds familiar.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 13:41:49  
Polish Sausage/Kielbasa in a bun is good too.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:42:20  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Best brats are Johnsonville boiled in Wisconsin beer first before getting seared on the grill.

Johnsonville is good if you've got to pick from national brands.

But I suggest Uncle Charley's if you can find it.

Pennsylvania brand, amazing sausage. I won't buy anything else pre-packaged.

I'll but fresh ground/cased from the butcher at my Italian market, but that's a little different.

As for the beer, any lager will do. You're boiling with it, not appreciating the hoppy quality. Toss some onions and pepper in there with it, then drain off the beer and serve the onions with the sausage.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 13:43:45  
Polish Sausage/Kielbasa in a bun is good too.

Kielbasa is really good, but I can't eat it anymore. It does unkind things to my digestive tract.

*** you guys are making me want dinner really bad now. That garlic chicken sausage is callin' me!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-31 13:46:36  
Oh absolutely, if you can get fresh butcher meat, go with that. I guess I haven't really ventured far beyond Johnsonville, although I did pick up some really good brats from Safeway a few weeks ago. I'm heading to Wisconsin in about 2 weeks, so I'll see if I can find a really nice butcher shop that sells fresh brats.

As for the beer, for me it has to be a Wisconsin brand. MGD or PBR is fine, but I'm not wasting a Leiny's for that. Leinenkugel's is for drinking, not for boiling. That'd be a bloody waste.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-31 13:48:05  
Suddenly I'm reminded of grandmother flipping her ***at people that use their fork like a spoon and not inverting it when taking a bite.

Is/was your grandmother northern European and how many generations removed from "the boat"? LOL!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-05-31 13:50:04  
As for the beer, for me it has to be a Wisconsin brand.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-05-31 13:56:45  
Asura.Dameshi said: »

YOU ARE DISGUSTING SIR!

i will not drink milwaukee beast!

also now I have to watch part of waynes world...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-31 13:57:55  
*** you guys are making me want dinner really bad now.

oh you're welcome...

now that sausages are settled... let's move on to sauerkraut!

my wife rinses it off and then seasons it and bakes it in the oven...

so good my grandpa said he felt like he has been eating it wrong his whole life.

nothing like watching an old nazi have an existential crisis right in front of you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-05-31 13:58:51  
round here we call it liberty cabbage!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 14:00:15  
Suddenly I'm reminded of grandmother flipping her ***at people that use their fork like a spoon and not inverting it when taking a bite.

Is/was your grandmother northern European and how many generations removed from "the boat"? LOL!

Swede, and 1
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-05-31 14:00:48  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
YOU ARE DISGUSTING SIR!

Oh I wouldn't either. Please, I live in Pennsylvania. If I'm going for a cheap brew, Yuengling or bust.

I have some taste.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-31 14:01:42  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

YOU ARE DISGUSTING SIR!

also now I have to watch part of waynes world...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Speaking of hot dogs and Alice Cooper. His restaurant serves up a mean 2 footer.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-05-31 14:02:41  
If I'm going for a cheap brew, Yuengling

this is the correct answer. you are free to go.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-31 14:05:47  
Oh absolutely, if you can get fresh butcher meat, go with that. I guess I haven't really ventured far beyond Johnsonville, although I did pick up some really good brats from Safeway a few weeks ago. I'm heading to Wisconsin in about 2 weeks, so I'll see if I can find a really nice butcher shop that sells fresh brats.

As for the beer, for me it has to be a Wisconsin brand. MGD or PBR is fine, but I'm not wasting a Leiny's for that. Leinenkugel's is for drinking, not for boiling. That'd be a bloody waste.

Ah, yeah, I thought you were going the other direction and trying to rep some Wisconsin microbrewery or something.

Yeah, any macrobrewery lager is fine.

Yuengling would actually be okay, taste is good and not to expensive to feel like a "waste" to cook with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 17983 17984 17985 ... 18549 18550 18551