By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 14:59:11  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
He's truly outrageous.

[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-20 15:02:18  
Welp, that's it. I'm a free man for two months.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of those kids. They kept me sane for the last ten months.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-05-20 15:14:36  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I don't know where I read it or the validity of this, but there was something recently out about Danes having genetic predisposition for happiness.
I'm more willing to wager it has much more to do with less "happily ever after" mentality, plus a high level of trust.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-20 15:16:42  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Welp, that's it. I'm a free man for two months.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of those kids. They kept me sane for the last ten months.
If I recall correctly I remember you botching about them (except for a choice couple) for quite awhile...
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-20 15:20:52  
That was last year. Keep up.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 15:44:44  
Mod team and Rooks,

I suggested this before, but knowing that an OP has ban ability in a thread, if someone were to make a second P&R for current events and the OP could use their discretion as far as implementing the "Three Strikes Rule" would that be acceptable?

I remember someone being warned about wielding the OP ban ability like a "cudgel", and I'm only suggesting this on a trial basis.

Look at the last page back. I'm three out of six for "rude" (even though I would try to keep it at "rude when I need to be"). I really do not have any desire to be a mod (because it seems like a ***gig), but I have to agree with the inconsistencies others have pointed out from time-to-time.

If I, or (preferably) someone else, were to start a sister-thread...

EDIT: Not even restricted to P&R. A dump for scientific discoveries, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, history. Whatever.

DOUBLE EDIT: Lit. Mag's here! WOO!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-20 15:57:12  
Dame I figured out your birdnest problem. Get a cat.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-20 15:58:02  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Get a cat.
Worst advice ever.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 15:58:35  
Dame I figured out your birdnest problem. Get a broom.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-20 16:00:09  
A dump for scientific discoveries
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42843/yay-science/

I abandoned it cause people were annoyed at it..
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:00:09  
It's more of a right to request a topic ban than an actual ability, I kinda think there are some people who need to simply be removed from P&R but we haven't had time to really sit down and talk about it and review things before taking such drastic action. At this point, I see P&R as more trouble than it's worth, the only reason I've talked Rooks out of nuking it before is because 1. It removes an attraction from the site which is kinda...meh but 2. Political BS would spill over into other areas.

To answer the question, I'd say no; wielding "topic ban this guy" pull would attract BS towards you, the same as being a mod does, if not worse.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:00:50  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Then they shouldn't read it.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2016-05-20 16:01:22  
Mod team and Rooks,

I suggested this before, but knowing that an OP has ban ability in a thread, if someone were to make a second P&R for current events and the OP could use their discretion as far as implementing the "Three Strikes Rule" would that be acceptable?

I remember someone being warned about wielding the OP ban ability like a "cudgel", and I'm only suggesting this on a trial basis.

Look at the last page back. I'm three out of six for "rude" (even though I would try to keep it at "rude when I need to be"). I really do not have any desire to be a mod (because it seems like a ***gig), but I have to agree with the inconsistencies others have pointed out from time-to-time.

If I, or (preferably) someone else, were to start a sister-thread...

EDIT: Not even restricted to P&R. A dump for scientific discoveries, archaeology, anthropology, psychology, history. Whatever.
Great idea Zah though, if I may, add some Royal input?

Rather than the thread OP be a "mini-mod" I say let them be thread King/Queen. 3 strikes rule? Nonsense! If someone acts out of line in their thread then OFF WITH THEIR HEAD! If decapitations are "too extreme" then I suppose a PERM BAN FROM THE SITE WITH NO APPEAL is the next logical step.

I humbly accept this difficult and thankless job for our glorious kingdom.

Dame I figured out your birdnest problem. Get a cat.
I have a cat but he does not venture outdoors. I dare not think what horrible death would await me if I were to get a second feline critter.

You see I may rule Ni but the cat, the cat rules the house.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 16:05:28  
A dump for scientific discoveries
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/42843/yay-science/

Can we expand on it?

EDIT: YOU DO IT!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 16:07:00  
Anna Ruthven said: »
It's more of a right to request a topic ban than an actual ability, I kinda think there are some people who need to simply be removed from P&R but we haven't had time to really sit down and talk about it and review things before taking such drastic action. At this point, I see P&R as more trouble than it's worth, the only reason I've talked Rooks out of nuking it before is because 1. It removes an attraction from the site which is kinda...meh but 2. Political BS would spill over into other areas.

To answer the question, I'd say no; wielding "topic ban this guy" pull would attract BS towards you, the same as being a mod does, if not worse.

I forgot about that.

Yeah, that's what I'm sure no one wants to deal with.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 16:07:47  

The problem with that is, that's the same person who was recently absolved of discipline for their behavior because they pretend to be remorseful when addressed by the Mods/Admin. Who has since continued to behave in the same manner.

It's getting old. Because their behavior gets absolved due to a little bit of brown nosing and crocodile tears, your disciplinary actions are interpreted as nothing more than empty threats.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 16:08:49  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
I humbly accept this difficult and thankless job for our glorious kingdom.

I'm sold! Dame's got the job!
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-20 16:08:57  
Hey, we could always do a purge like what happened like 5 years ago.

Has it been that long? Really?
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:19:29  
The OP request stuff rarely happens.
[+]
By volkom 2016-05-20 16:32:03  
What's your purple-haired lady doing with that oversized, individually wrapped Lifesaver!?!

Saving for later use:

Heh I think you're the first to comment on it
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 16:37:09  
Okay. So, you all are still toying with the fate of P&R?

If P&R were nuked, would we still be able to broaden the scope of Seha's previous thread (pending her approval), even though some tributaries of social sciences, history, etc. might lead to dicier subjects?

I think I'm overthinking this a bit now.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:39:00  

If P&R were nuked, would we still be able to broaden the scope of Seha's previous thread (pending her approval), even though some tributaries of social sciences, history, etc. might lead to dicier subjects?

The problem isn't the subject matter, it's the fact that some people push the limits, act like ***, and don't need to be there. P&R isn't the Flame Core.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 16:47:06  
Oh! I completely understand. I'm just spitballing here. I know very well that not all of my ideas are golden. Just throwing it out there just in case it's worth mulling over and gauging how some people felt about.

EDIT: Mag and I were talking about it via PMs, and he had the exact, same idea, so I thought I may as well put it out there.

DOUBLE EDIT: Also, why do you think I ribbed you about OK legislators sending that crap down the pipe to your Gov in here? LOL!

No one wants to touch that anymore than they want to talk about the trans-gendered restroom issue with some people present.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 16:48:04  

The problem isn't the subject matter, it's the fact that some people push the limits, act like ***, and don't need to be there. P&R isn't the Flame Core.

you don't punish those *** though, which causes the normal people to eventually hit a point where they act like *** in return. Then these agitators feign being butthurt and report those people because they're *** to begin with. If you could just get rid of the *** instead of giving them a pass simply because they say will change and pretend to be sorry you guys could save a lot people a lot of headaches.

I swear its like watching elementary school teachers with bad classroom management cave into a 5yr old trying to avoid discipline.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-05-20 16:48:35  
Oh! I completely understand. I'm just spitballing here. I know very well that not all of my ideas are golden. Just throwing it out there just in case it's worth mulling over and gauging how some people felt about.
None of my ideas have been made of gold.

Mostly copper, and as people can attest to, even copper is worth stealing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 16:48:59  
P&R isn't the Flame Core.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 16:50:56  
Bloodrose said: »
None of my ideas have been made of gold.

Mostly copper, and as people can attest to, even copper is worth stealing.

hmmmmmmm very interesting.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-20 16:52:35  
I'd like to participate in this conversation, granted we take it to the fair field: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47128/moderationadministration-chatter

broaden the scope of Seha's previous thread (pending her approval)
I feel genuinely upset when threads are derailed. I'm a woman of great order.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:54:24  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

you don't punish those *** though, which causes the normal people to eventually hit a point where they act like *** in return. Then these agitators feign being butthurt and report those people because they're *** to begin with. If you could just get rid of the *** instead of giving them a pass simply because they say will change and pretend to be sorry you guys could save a lot people a lot of headaches.

I swear its like watching elementary school teachers with bad classroom management cave into a 5yr old trying to avoid discipline.
Right. I know I'm lenient as ***but there are some who actually need to be removed from P&R altogether, not just a thread or two. We're still in this trial phase of adjusting and trying new things and more and different new things are needed.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 16:56:15  
I'd like to participate in this conversation, granted we take it to the fair field: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47128/moderationadministration-chatter

broaden the scope of Seha's previous thread (pending her approval)
I feel genuinely upset when threads are derailed. I'm a woman of great order.
I don't remember that thread but when can't you participate?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17963 17964 17965 ... 18549 18550 18551