Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 14:41:27  
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
So is anyone else kinda meh about XIV?

Mos, Flav, and I all played together.

I kind of fell off due to time constraints and such. It was fun in that it was casual friendly, but then again, because there was no real satisfaction out of the "challenges" presented, it bored me a little sometimes. It felt like RIFT.

/shrug

I might not have given it the time it deserved though. Hopefully, I can get on it again after I dot all my "i"s and cross my "t"s IRL.

Mos and Flav got a lot father than I did.

EDIT: Corrections. My brain has been on the fritz this week.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2014-02-05 14:42:47  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Can't view vids on xiah for some reason, link for the quoted one?

figures....

the one time I try to be all warm and inviting to the new people...

/shrug

oh well....go ahead and start backreading the thread from the beginning there is a test at the end when you get finished.

I'll wait here.

I tried added you in the quote, but it didn't go. *** lag on this thing. >.>
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-02-05 14:45:41  
I was rather hoping for something with more substance, and that doesn't force me to go at its own pace.

If I don't log in for a month, I'm a month behind despite paying for the game. I don't really want to play a game that dictates how I should schedule my life.

Plus, it seems that iLevel removes skill as a major factor; rather than being able to make do with different tactics and using skill, iLevel tends to dominate.

Have to say, they've made a decent free-to-play game, but not one that I'd be willing to shell out a monthly subscription for.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 14:58:34  
So is anyone else kinda meh about XIV?

ya, too damn easy.

it's kinda sad.

I've been building crap on minecraft again, patiently biding my time until something else interesting comes down the pipe.

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm basically done with the week's activities by Tuesday then I don't bother logging in until the next week :/

yeah I saw that coming, and kinda opted out for now. idk.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 15:00:17  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
there was no real satisfaction out of the "challenges" presented, it bored me a little sometimes.

^^ this ^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-05 15:19:03  
I still get satisfaction out of those rare times I one-shot EX primals or we make some progress (albeit very little) on Twintania on our Coil nights, but overall there's just not enough content to warrant logging in most evenings not to mention their content cockblocks that make it pointless to do so. The world needs to build up a lot more, I know, but I'm not sure the game's model really supports the kind of longevity I would like.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 15:23:11  
I log on and usually craft, get treasure maps, do daily quests, maybe Duty roulette if I have time.

Luckily for me I haven't breezed through the game, so there's still a bit of excitement for me.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 15:27:26  
Man trying to make my coffee weaker was not a good idea today..
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-05 15:29:25  
Also, the in-game economy is so completely *** right now that I have no motivation to make gil at all, which was like 80% of what I enjoy doing in MMOs.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 15:31:45  
Also, the in-game economy is so completely *** right now that I have no motivation to make gil at all, which was like 80% of what I enjoy doing in MMOs.
It's so awful, I wish they would go back to the FFXI AH system.

I hate that you can have an item put up, but UH OH. Someone just made 10 and are undercutting you by 1. 1 GIL.

NEF912JKNE128Eafjaejhdbga12
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-05 15:38:19  
Yeah, that can get annoying, but the underlying problem is that gil is essentially worthless at the moment. The only real expense for most players is food and maybe travel. You can make it to end game without ever having to buy anything. Then there's the free company gil sinks housing, but that's mostly for shits and giggles, which isn't worth it at current prices.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 15:39:00  
I was rather hoping for something with more substance, and that doesn't force me to go at its own pace.

If I don't log in for a month, I'm a month behind despite paying for the game. I don't really want to play a game that dictates how I should schedule my life.

Plus, it seems that iLevel removes skill as a major factor; rather than being able to make do with different tactics and using skill, iLevel tends to dominate.

Have to say, they've made a decent free-to-play game, but not one that I'd be willing to shell out a monthly subscription for.

Oh! Are you and Kara in a Company/LS/whatever that schedules for FFXIV?

When we decided to give it a go, we all had a non-committal "alliance" since we know we had to allot each other lee-way for our priorities outside of the game.

If you two still wanted to play, and I know this type of set-up is hard to come by in MMOs, but maybe you could find a more relaxed EU LS?

I wonder if SE would ever consider going F2P. Wishful thinking maybe.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 15:41:17  
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »

I know exactly how you feel! LOL!

Me: "I should really cut my caffeine intake."

Brain and body: "LOL! NO!"
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 15:54:17  
Yeah, that can get annoying, but the underlying problem is that gil is essentially worthless at the moment. The only real expense for most players is food and maybe travel. You can make it to end game without ever having to buy anything. Then there's the free company gil sinks housing, but that's mostly for shits and giggles, which isn't worth it at current prices.
Housing is a complete joke, make the prices high so no one can afford it, instead of having ONE PLOT PER FREE COMPANY.

But then again, people buying up plots for the lulz only to take them away from others would sound like something people on this game would actually do.

And ilevel is annoying. When you're requiring an ilevel of 80+ for a dungeon that can be passed at 50, I think you're whacked out of your mind.

I know exactly how you feel! LOL!

Me: "I should really cut my caffeine intake."

Brain and body: "LOL! NO!"
Yeah, my body kicked my *** for not drinking coffee the past few days. That and weaker coffee doesn't taste the same. D:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 15:55:43  
ilevel is annoying.

ilevel is just bad all around, & whomever dreamed it up deserves 1,000 lashings.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 15:58:39  
Siren.Mosin said: »
ilevel is annoying.

ilevel is just bad all around, & whomever dreamed it up deserves 1,000 lashings.
It's a little discouraging when you want to do WP and other things like that, but you see that "required 80" and "experienced players only".

What makes experience, that you took two weeks to grind a relic and Darklight?

I guess so.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-02-05 16:04:54  

Oh! Are you and Kara in a Company/LS/whatever that schedules for FFXIV?

When we decided to give it a go, we all had a non-committal "alliance" since we know we had to allot each other lee-way for our priorities outside of the game.

If you two still wanted to play, and I know this type of set-up is hard to come by in MMOs, but maybe you could find a more relaxed EU LS?

It isn't the company/LS schedule, its the inherent stopgap limits per week. I don't mind scheduling around people I like to play with, since that's pretty much the name of the game with MMOs; but arbitrary weekly content limits just doesn't work for casual players (who only pick it up on occasion) nor for hardcore players (who play regularly).
I wonder if SE would ever consider going F2P. Wishful thinking maybe.
Honestly, I'd rather they didn't. I really don't mind paying for a MMORPG; financially it is probably one of the cheapest hobbies expenditure-wise (not necessarily timewise).
I'm willing to pay for content. I'm willing to pay for something to sink my teeth into.

I'm really not going to pay to sit and be forced to do some silly buttonmash DDR-type character move-around game; I'll go play DDR and get some health benefits from it.
*edited*
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 16:07:53  
Yeah, my body kicked my *** for not drinking coffee the past few days. That and weaker coffee doesn't taste the same. D:

Half-Caf doesn't do the trick either.

[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 16:09:08  
My guess is they were trying to go for a middle ground.. where a casual could still feel fulfillment but the hardcore could grind out what they wanted.. problem is it was executed poorly and the caps should be higher.

ESPECIALLY with Duty roulette now.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 16:10:39  
It seems I've been out for too long! What's Duty Roulette?
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-02-05 16:14:03  
I seems I've been out for too long! What's Duty Roulette?
Pretty much they put you into a random pre-50 dungeon with other people, including the primal fights.

For level 50 players, you get 100 philosophy tomestones and 10 mythology for doing it once a day. Rewards also include gil and extra exp, even more gil and exp if you're a tank or healer, much more needed roles to fill.

It's a way to help the duty finder with people trying to do lower level dungeons, but I go as DPS because that's my only 50 right now, and it can take a while still. D:
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 16:36:38  
Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Do you mean ilvl in ffxi? or did ilvl come out first in 14 or something years ago?

both really.

11 much more so, as it appears that 14 is founded on that principle, & you can't dislike something for being what it is. I'm just not a fan of that style of progression.

I'm really not going to pay to sit and be forced to do some silly buttonmash DDR-type character move-around game; I'll go play DDR and get some health benefits from it.
*edited*

this annoys me too.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 16:39:21  
I am a terrible person. I was about to roll with...

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
China?
China is in enough deep water as it is. With all the smog circulating and the one child rule (because every man has to have their name passed on), there are towns full of only men because the ratio of men to women has widened.

Then again this was last I heard/read about, so maybe girls are back in?

Ehhh...Mountains out of molehills! They need to improvise! With all the hub-bub about Japanese fellows clinging to their pillow ladies and completely nixing sex in favor of cartoon spank-bank, maybe the Japs should get over their xenophobia and start sending their lady folk to China to do the deed.

They could look to some Korean gals, but with all the plastic surgery to look "Western" who knows what you'll get in baby roulette?!? The package is deceiving!

I am a truly horrible person for thinking/joking like that.

/cringe
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 16:42:45  
I am a truly horrible person for thinking/joking like that.

nah.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 16:43:17  
/sends self to the corner

Have a good evening!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 16:48:37  
Have a good evening!

you as well.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-02-05 17:15:58  
Ehhh...Mountains out of molehills! They need to improvise! With all the hub-bub about Japanese fellows clinging to their pillow ladies and completely nixing sex in favor of cartoon spank-bank, maybe the Japs should get over their xenophobia and start sending their lady folk to China to do the deed.

I'd just like to point out that there is just a slight amount of friction between Japan and China, in many parts due to this, with this being one of the highlights.
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-02-05 17:22:02  
They could look to some Korean gals, but with all the plastic surgery to look "Western" who knows what you'll get in baby roulette?!? The package is deceiving!
Wasn't there a lawsuit in China recently because an ugly woman got prettified surgically and her husband found out when his kids looked like a donkey's anus?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16399 16400 16401 ... 18549 18550 18551