[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-04 16:38:17  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Okay. I was thrown off by the mid-wife.

The contractions started in the late afternoon, and unfortunately, since it was my first, I kind of dismissed them in the beginning think that maybe they were Braxton-Hicks. I have a tendency to minimalism physical pain for whatever reason because I think I have a high pain tolerance, or at least that's what I tell myself.

From afternoon to about dinner time, they became more intense but were still "faint" in my head. They were becoming more evenly timed though, and all I wanted to do was stand. After cleaning up, I paced around the house for an hour-and-a-half, which made my fiance really nervous and agitated (The agitation because of my stubbornness. LOL!), so he suggested we go walk around in Target or just do something, anything really, to take both of our minds off of it before we definitely knew.

By the time we arrived at Target, it had intensified to where I was finally caved. (I really should have not dismissed the contractions earlier because, if I remember correctly, it was no more than a week before when my OB manually ripped the uterine lining to naturally induce (because now it is believed that potocin induction could have a hand in autism, amongst every other thing under the sun).

It gets a little fuzzy after the first epidural, but all in all it took ten hours after I was in the hospital. I was out the day after.

Everyone in DK (and I think most EU countries) gets a mid-wife. Not the same as midwives in the US, think of them more like RN's. Throughout the pregnancy you meet with your normal GP for regular check-ups, mid-wife for check-ups and discussions on labor/breastfeeding/newborn care, and then gynecologist the last month unless there are complications before. Ultrasounds are taken by RN's at the hospital then reviewed (all the multiple pictures taken) by gynecologist if the measurements are outside normal parameters.

Manually inducing does not sound fun. Actually sounds rather painful. 10 hours is not bad though (not counting the previous hours) :) I would definately take that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-02-04 16:39:34  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I see what you did there...
:D
Oh yeah... the prostitute is claiming self defense now. She alleges that after the dispute he picked up the knife to threaten her then a struggle and bam 13 stab wounds later...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-04 16:41:28  
Your turn, Mos!

well....

my first child I wasn't there for. (technically not my fault, as I wasn't her father yet.)

the second child, on the way to meet up with my wife my pathfinder exploded on top of a hill, so the poor thing had to pick me up on the side of the road in labor. she wasn't pleased. by the time we got her all settled in at the hospital a few hours had went by, & I went out to smoke a cigarette, no sooner than I lit the damn thing, her mother came outside yelling frantically "she's coming get back in there!" so back in I went & 45 minutes later, & a mother-in-law kicked out of the room, we got a little kid. it was started and over in the course of 3-4 hours, but my memory could be slightly fuzzy ( I may or may not have been drinking prior). no problems or scares there.

the son was a little better planned. we'd been down that road, & made it to the hospital in plenty of time. I played some ff4 on a tablet for a few hours, took a nap for a few hours, then ***got real for a few hours, & little shane popped out.

LMAO the guy's viewpoint is so different >.<
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-04 16:44:29  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Oh yeah... the prostitute is claiming self defense now. She alleges that after the dispute he picked up the knife to threaten her then a struggle and bam 13 stab wounds later...

I highly doubt that.

my scenario seems much more viable. besides, why would he bother to threaten her? admittedly going off no experience, if you intended to not pay a hooker, wouldn't you just kill her? a threat of violence just doesn't add up to me, logically.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-04 16:51:12  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Everyone in DK (and I think most EU countries) gets a mid-wife. Not the same as midwives in the US, think of them more like RN's. Throughout the pregnancy you meet with your normal GP for regular check-ups, mid-wife for check-ups and discussions on labor/breastfeeding/newborn care, and then gynecologist the last month unless there are complications before. Ultrasounds are taken by RN's at the hospital then reviewed (all the multiple pictures taken) by gynecologist if the measurements are outside normal parameters.

Manually inducing does not sound fun. Actually sounds rather painful. 10 hours is not bad though (not counting the previous hours) :) I would definately take that.

It seems like that would be more timely and cost effective. I never understood why the OB would need to be a part of every single check-up when all they really do is speak to you about your progress, which the RN had already covered anyway.

That was probably the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life! My fiancee even turned toward the wall for that one! Hearing the horror stories from friends and acquaintances, I believe I had it easier than most, but I delayed and delayed and delayed. Total, it could have been around seventeen/eighteen hours?

Your turn, Mos!

well....

my first child I wasn't there for. (technically not my fault, as I wasn't her father yet.)

the second child, on the way to meet up with my wife my pathfinder exploded on top of a hill, so the poor thing had to pick me up on the side of the road in labor. she wasn't pleased. by the time we got her all settled in at the hospital a few hours had went by, & I went out to smoke a cigarette, no sooner than I lit the damn thing, her mother came outside yelling frantically "she's coming get back in there!" so back in I went & 45 minutes later, & a mother-in-law kicked out of the room, we got a little kid. it was started and over in the course of 3-4 hours, but my memory could be slightly fuzzy ( I may or may not have been drinking prior). no problems or scares there.

the son was a little better planned. we'd been down that road, & made it to the hospital in plenty of time. I played some ff4 on a tablet for a few hours, took a nap for a few hours, then ***got real for a few hours, & little shane popped out.

LMAO the guy's viewpoint is so different >.<

The first two seemed like loads of fun!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-02-04 16:52:37  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
that does sound like a really great idea tbh. Every couple and their first child forced to have a midwife to explain everything and make sure everyone is on the same page and prepared etc

It's been interesting figuring out how it works here and making sure to get to the correct address for the different appointments (For the first mid-wife appointment: Mil went to the GP's office, I went to the hospital, and the mid-wives clinic was in a completely different area, so neither one of us picked the right address :)). But everyone has been very helpful and quick to respond to questions/concerns.

On that note, I'm to bed. :)

Have a good night all!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-04 16:54:26  
Sweet dreams! I hope this isn't going to give you stress induced nightmares! AHHH! Sorry.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-04 16:59:57  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Have a good night all!

I think I'm out of here as well for the night, so I second this sentiment.

peace!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 10:26:41  
Captain's log... Star date 2456694.17148
We've lost control of the polar vortex machine...
PARKER was knocked unconscious trying to reduce power to the sinister reactor..he is resting comfortably in the break room.

The time has come for drastic measures.

"There is no problem which cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives." -- William W. Hughes

/jams way too many detonators into a brick of C4 and tosses it into a wheel barrel full of similar looking bricks.

That should about do it... I'll have PARKER wheel that in there as soon as he comes too....

In the meantime... if anyone needs me

I'll be in the "Happy Room" beating my head against the padded walls and screaming profanities...

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 10:31:10  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'll be in the "Happy Room" beating my head against the padded walls and screaming profanities...

here good buddy, let this take you away....

/passesthechloroformrag
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 11:03:46  

here good buddy, let this take you away....

/passesthechloroformrag
tyvm but
maybe later....

I want to stay frosty for when the explosion goes off...
you never know when you may have to run away at terrible speeds
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 12:08:25  
Oh my! It's quiet in here today.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2014-02-05 12:41:56  
So, I normally don't post here, Or anywhere ever anymore, but I had this very awkward feeling earlier because I just realized FFXI was older than Facebook...

Just saying..
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 12:42:30  
Sugar Britches is probably observing another Mennonite holiday...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 12:43:51  

I was busy doing a final on one of my stupid projects.

looks like crickets though, ya.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 12:44:36  

wow they have a ton of them.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 12:45:27  
Cerberus.Jiko said: »
So, I normally don't post here, Or anywhere ever anymore, but I had this very awkward feeling earlier because I just realized FFXI was older than Facebook...

Just saying..

PARKER Edit:
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 12:53:47  
PARKER Edit: all the explosives have been planted in the polar vortex facility!

Cling tenaciously to your own buttocks!!!

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 12:55:34  

Just saying..

Smart move.

I was busy doing a final on one of my stupid projects.

looks like crickets though, ya.

I've been trying to knock out everything in the morning when the caffeine is a legitimate burst of energy rather than something that just keeps me going.

Ugh...I need to stop drinking coffee in the afternoon again. :/

Did you end up spending the entire evening on your estimate?

I think he wants to tempt us into converting.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2014-02-05 12:56:04  
Can't view vids on xiah for some reason, link for the quoted one?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-02-05 12:59:02  

NP
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2014-02-05 12:59:43  
Did you end up spending the entire evening on your estimate?

nah, luckily the last three floors were identical, so I got away easy on some multiplication.

god I really need to quit sticking it to myself by not working on the weekends & painting myself into deadline corners. will I though? probably not.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2014-02-05 13:22:22  

figures....

the one time I try to be all warm and inviting to the new people...

/shrug

oh well....go ahead and start backreading the thread from the beginning there is a test at the end when you get finished.

I'll wait here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-02-05 14:31:19  
So is anyone else kinda meh about XIV?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-02-05 14:37:36  
I'm basically done with the week's activities by Tuesday then I don't bother logging in until the next week :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2014-02-05 14:40:47  

NP

Sorry for delay.

Lulz video.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16398 16399 16400 ... 18549 18550 18551