First Page 2 3 ... 16180 16181 16182 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:31:11  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
The one's that are solo fights for story/job mission?
Yes the story line solo fights keep getting easier until you beat them. If you suck as bad as I do you will eventually notice your health bar going up at the start of the fight. It says something like "The ether of Something has increased your powers!"
Ohhhhhh.... I was not aware of that lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 09:32:07  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
I just want to get past the part where I'm chasing quests

might be the whole game
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-03 09:32:19  
I will say this... some of the boss fights that you progress through with the duty finder require people to be on the up and up for the fight... unless your a tank many of the moves can start to one shot you and a lot of people just don't like to get out of the way lol... Casting a healing spell? Don't man... because it will be your last if you don't move your *** lol... if you don't have a regular group it takes some time to get used to the fights and by the time everyone is people have already raged and bailed or the time has run out lol...

One guy was being such an *** to our whm on a chimera dungeon run the other day that he decided to give up on whm all together and become a dps lol...

from what I understand the "extra dungeons" (not involved in the story line) are tough and you need a good static to do them.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 09:35:04  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I just want to get past the part where I'm chasing quests

might be the whole game

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I lose interest when that becomes the case. I mean, I could just as easily go dink around with Assassin's Creed.

Oh well.

Maybe I'll regain a little interest in LoL if this becomes too monotonous.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 09:36:06  

that's exactly what I'm afraid of!!!

:O

(with Chimi that is)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 09:36:14  
from what I understand the "extra dungeons" (not involved in the story line) are tough and you need a good static to do them.

We're all over the place right now, unfortunately. LOL!
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:36:43  
I will say this... some of the boss fights that you progress through with the duty finder require people to be on the up and up for the fight... unless your a tank many of the moves can start to one shot you and a lot of people just don't like to get out of the way lol... Casting a healing spell? Don't man... because it will be your last if you don't move your *** lol... if you don't have a regular group it takes some time to get used to the fights and by the time everyone is people have already raged and bailed or the time has run out lol... One guy was being such an *** to our whm on a chimera dungeon run the other day that he decided to give up on whm all together and become a dps lol...
They're really not that bad... but you can make them as difficult as you want them to be lol... for instance one boss has very little hp in comparison to his counterparts and goes down really quickly until it calls in swarms of reinforcements to paste you... one of em if you let it get close to the boss it increases its defense and gives it a potent regen... all you pretty much need to do is have someone kite that one away and puchy mcfistcuffs the boss for a few more seconds but it gets really difficult when they want the tank to tank all 10 mobs at once while the boss is regenerating and the dps is scrambling to take down everything lol... plus Im not sure the waves of reinforcements ever stop lol... and there's always one guy that stands right in front of the boss to get planted lol...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 09:38:30  

that's exactly what I'm afraid of!!!

:O

(with Chimi that is)

Less *** in XIV though. There's one consolation.

Like I've said before, I don't really pay attention to what's said outside of the LS, so maybe I don't have a good gauge on the population yet.

/shrug
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:40:11  
The "quest chasing" ends pretty much after your first 50 job... after that it looks like you're on your own to level up the jobs via hunting logs, dungeons, fates and parties... and whatever else I have yet to find out about the game... I'm a fan of the story line so far but it does feel like it's way too short... FFXI let you build up to everything and you gained companions throughout the game and wandered and such... this one you can kinda blast through on your own while randomly meeting up with people you will most likely never see again lol... though we did pick up that one random when we did all those dungeons...

Edit: Though it looks like 50 is a lot of grinding for gear and weapons fighitng primals and whatever else...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:41:32  
that's exactly what I'm afraid of!!! :O (with Chimi that is)
Less *** in XIV though. There's one consolation. Like I've said before, I don't really pay attention to what's said outside of the LS, so maybe I don't have a good gauge on the population yet. /shrug
There's enough of em still around...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 09:43:00  
If we had a hundred friends on LoL, & I didn't have to put up with that horrid community, It would be a fun game.

It just seems to me that people watch the finals, then that's the "only way to do things nub". well ***, it's just a stupid game, let me run around like a mad man, or duo top, or w/e we feel like. every game degenerates into 5v5 all mid around the 10-15 min mark anyway, so who really cares? I just don't get it. then is flame, flame, flame, "uzeal what are you doing noob?, I hate you" on & on through the night while I just try to drink my whiskey & shrug off a day.

poopy.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-03 09:44:08  
I will say this... some of the boss fights that you progress through with the duty finder require people to be on the up and up for the fight... unless your a tank many of the moves can start to one shot you and a lot of people just don't like to get out of the way lol... Casting a healing spell? Don't man... because it will be your last if you don't move your *** lol... if you don't have a regular group it takes some time to get used to the fights and by the time everyone is people have already raged and bailed or the time has run out lol...

One guy was being such an *** to our whm on a chimera dungeon run the other day that he decided to give up on whm all together and become a dps lol...

My linkshell currently (FFXI) is very DD heavy, with some of our members quitting for various reasons we lost a few key jobs, brds, sch`s or whms. We only have 2 properly geared stun ready sch`s on at any given time.

I think the main reason a lot of people choose to be a DD is because it's easy, you don't need to think too much about what you're doing or care about what everyone else is doing, mages on the other hand need to be aware of their positioning aware of hp levels, aware of their current hate levels etc.

People are always bitching at the healers, especially if they die, 90% of the time a DD dies it has nothing to do with the healer.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-03 09:48:13  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
99% of the time a DD dies it has nothing to do with the healer.

you don't know how many years I tried to teach dds how to play 11 without dying like retards over and over and over and over and over... Altana never heard my prayers!
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 09:49:17  
Less *** in XIV though. There's one consolation. Like I've said before, I don't really pay attention to what's said outside of the LS, so maybe I don't have a good gauge on the population yet. /shrug
There's enough of em still around...

There always will be on every game, but LoL...Love to hate it, hate to love it.

If we had a hundred friends on LoL, & I didn't have to put up with that horrid community, It would be a fun game.

It just seems to me that people watch the finals, then that's the "only way to do things nub". well ***, it's just a stupid game, let me run around like a mad man, or duo top, or w/e we feel like. every game degenerates into 5v5 all mid around the 10-15 min mark anyway, so who really cares? I just don't get it. then is flame, flame, flame, "uzeal what are you doing noob?, I hate you" on & on through the night while I just try to drink my whiskey & shrug off a day.

poopy.

I loved those times when we had a premade and one random. Even if we were winning some random would just start spouting off profanities.

I don't remember how many times I've told a jungler, "The opposite team warded the creek/tri-bush!" and they still don't get it. The first couple of times, yeah...I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it got lost in the fray, but...Ugh!

Were you and Chimi on with Hev and I when the jungler was only staying in the jungle even at like ten minutes in?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:51:55  
99% of the time a DD dies it has nothing to do with the healer.
you don't know how many years I tried to teach dds how to play 11 without dying like retards over and over and over and over and over... Altana never heard my prayers!
That's because the DDs must be on top of the parse and if they get off the mob for even a second well then... I was a DD! but I never really got too much into end game lol... people get too pissy and it starts to feel like I'm at work again lol...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:53:48  
lol you should slap Dag for us because he was saying that Chimi wasn't getting on XIV with us because he was spending too much time on LoL and now we have been abandoned for GTAV?!?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 09:54:59  

AAAwwwww

I would've been your star pupil.

I loved those times when we had a premade and one random

*** ya. those are the fun ones. or our 3v3's

Were you and Chimi on with Hev and I when the jungler was only staying in the jungle even at like ten minutes in?

hmmmm. I don't remember.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:55:09  
"The opposite team warded the creek/tri-bush!"
I can't stop laughing as I picture her screaming this out lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 09:55:55  
lol you should slap Dag for us because he was saying that Chimi wasn't getting on XIV with us because he was spending too much time on LoL and now we have been abandoned for GTAV?!?

lmao, I know right.....

I'll try to go snag some lunch with him this week if at all possible.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 09:58:11  
I will say this... some of the boss fights that you progress through with the duty finder require people to be on the up and up for the fight... unless your a tank many of the moves can start to one shot you and a lot of people just don't like to get out of the way lol... Casting a healing spell? Don't man... because it will be your last if you don't move your *** lol... if you don't have a regular group it takes some time to get used to the fights and by the time everyone is people have already raged and bailed or the time has run out lol... One guy was being such an *** to our whm on a chimera dungeon run the other day that he decided to give up on whm all together and become a dps lol...
My linkshell currently (FFXI) is very DD heavy, with some of our members quitting for various reasons we lost a few key jobs, brds, sch`s or whms. We only have 2 properly geared stun ready sch`s on at any given time. I think the main reason a lot of people choose to be a DD is because it's easy, you don't need to think too much about what you're doing or care about what everyone else is doing, mages on the other hand need to be aware of their positioning aware of hp levels, aware of their current hate levels etc. People are always bitching at the healers, especially if they die, 90% of the time a DD dies it has nothing to do with the healer.
To be fair in XIV many times everyone including DD's need to be very awar of their positioning... if you aren't it puts a lot of stress on the healer or you're just dead already lol... you really do have to pay attention you can't just go on auto for most of the fights...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:00:12  
One of the things in XIV too... don't be afraid to interrupt your own spell by getting the *** out of the way...

Also, omg the relic gear is so easy to get... Idk much about darklight or +1 or anything but just the regular stuff is extremely easy...
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-03 10:02:50  
I find it funny when a DD that I`m "responsible" for dies because he decided to run away from me. I`m not chasing your *** around the zone to cure you, in the old plasm farms before mega boss runs became the norm you had to be aware of your distance from the DD especially if you were in the roaming party but you still occasionally got 1 DD that thought they were the ***and could solo a mob miles away from everyone else.

Luckily these days I`m mostly on SCH so I don't have to worry about them so much anymore, but I still toss out the odd cure if I have a chance.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-10-03 10:07:37  
My linkshell currently (FFXI) is very DD heavy, with some of our members quitting for various reasons we lost a few key jobs, brds, sch`s or whms. We only have 2 properly geared stun ready sch`s on at any given time. I think the main reason a lot of people choose to be a DD is because it's easy, you don't need to think too much about what you're doing or care about what everyone else is doing, mages on the other hand need to be aware of their positioning aware of hp levels, aware of their current hate levels etc. People are always bitching at the healers, especially if they die, 90% of the time a DD dies it has nothing to do with the healer.
To be fair in XIV many times everyone including DD's need to be very awar of their positioning... if you aren't it puts a lot of stress on the healer or you're just dead already lol... you really do have to pay attention you can't just go on auto for most of the fights...
I`ve played a bit of FFXIV in beta and I like the idea of dodging TP moves, makes it feel a lot more involved. It also adds a bit more work for the healer though lol because now they have to dodge tp moves AND make sure someone doesn't die. Bit of a *** when you're about to heal someone then you need to quickly dodge something and that DD dies, then you get moaned at lol
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-10-03 10:09:58  
Bit of a *** when you're about to heal someone then you need to quickly dodge something and that DD dies, then you get moaned at lol

just keep tea bagging their corpse until they admit it was all their fault to begin with...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-10-03 10:12:31  

That new fad of 3v3 all in one lane (may as well be ARAM) was irritating!

One of the things in XIV too... don't be afraid to interrupt your own spell by getting the *** out of the way...

Also, omg the relic gear is so easy to get... Idk much about darklight or +1 or anything but just the regular stuff is extremely easy...

I STAND WHERE I WANT!!!

AOE EVERYTHING!!! RAWR!

I don't like targeting with the PS3 controller. Scrolling through targets is annoying on it.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:15:35  
I`ve played a bit of FFXIV in beta and I like the idea of dodging TP moves, makes it feel a lot more involved. It also adds a bit more work for the healer though lol because now they have to dodge tp moves AND make sure someone doesn't die. Bit of a *** when you're about to heal someone then you need to quickly dodge something and that DD dies, then you get moaned at lol
It does add to it... I've only been a tank so far but I'd just tell em to go pound sand lol... the thing that can get annoying about it too is that some of those AoE are player killers that only tanks can usually survive lol..
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-10-03 10:17:12  
I don't like targeting with the PS3 controller. Scrolling through targets is annoying on it.

I've been having a hell of a time with that too.

I think we may have survived a few of your AOE rampages had I been better at targeting the things >.<
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:18:13  
That new fad of 3v3 all in one lane (may as well be ARAM) was irritating!
One of the things in XIV too... don't be afraid to interrupt your own spell by getting the *** out of the way... Also, omg the relic gear is so easy to get... Idk much about darklight or +1 or anything but just the regular stuff is extremely easy...
I STAND WHERE I WANT!!!
AOE EVERYTHING!!! RAWR! I don't like targeting with the PS3 controller. Scrolling through targets is annoying on it.
that is a good strategy... run away from the red glowy things! cooties!

It can be at times lol... when you're engaged and you want to toggle through players its usually the up down keys and for enemies is left and right... if you want to freely move through all of them you have to sheathe your weapon... I think you can still use tab on you KB as well... not sure though...
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-10-03 10:20:16  
Also, when you target a new enemy you have to click x as well or you will only target him for one move... Say you slide over to another mob and cast a spell without confirming it as your main target it will revert to your previous target...
VIP
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Aelius
By Aeltorian Ausrillius 2013-10-03 10:22:38  

This. Filters don't work half the time.

Find myself screaming at the carbuncle or the ifrit someone has out. Why is that so high up in priority on selection?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16180 16181 16182 ... 18549 18550 18551