First Page 2 3 ... 15854 15855 15856 ... 18549 18550 18551
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:11:58  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Siren.Flavin said: »
On the subject of naps... I read an article the other day talking about how establishing "nap rooms" in the work place is becoming more popular as a way to increase productivity... All I could think is that it's a trap... ok employees... we've set up a nap room... feel free to use it to take a short break and rejuvenate for the rest of the day... I picture everyone eyeing it and desiring to go in there but no one will ever dare venture in...
I just stroll around when I need to clear my mind or take my eyes off of something. I probably look like a neurotic mess with how often I pace while I'm mulling stuff over. Naps seem nicer than blasting yourself into the caffeinated cosmos! Those jitters when you've had too much! EDIT: Caffeine jitters might be the reason I pace. Vicious cycle. :/

I do the same ***, while smoking :|

well hello new pg., FU.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:13:03  
Christ! Next week is going to suck monkey scrotum! So glad my mother is here.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:13:57  
Siren.Mosin said: »
On the subject of naps... I read an article the other day talking about how establishing "nap rooms" in the work place is becoming more popular as a way to increase productivity... All I could think is that it's a trap... ok employees... we've set up a nap room... feel free to use it to take a short break and rejuvenate for the rest of the day... I picture everyone eyeing it and desiring to go in there but no one will ever dare venture in...
I just stroll around when I need to clear my mind or take my eyes off of something. I probably look like a neurotic mess with how often I pace while I'm mulling stuff over. Naps seem nicer than blasting yourself into the caffeinated cosmos! Those jitters when you've had too much! EDIT: Caffeine jitters might be the reason I pace. Vicious cycle. :/

I do the same ***, while smoking :|

well hello new pg., FU.

I think it may be a behavior left over from when I smoked too.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:14:16  

huh? what's your problem?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:15:46  

I start work again on Monday and my sleep schedule is FUBAR.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:16:58  

O god. no.

Friday my wife goes back to work for four hours.

WTF AM I GONNA DO WITH THAT CRYING BABY Z!?!??!

*edit*
sry got all panic-y & self absorbed there for a minute.

it'll be ok, you'll drag *** for a day or two, then fall right back into the rythm. it'll prolly be nice to get a break from little Z as well
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-20 15:20:40  
You go back to work so soon? Da ***.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:22:59  
Fairy.Spence said: »
You go back to work so soon? Da ***.

I said the same thing to my wife. I think they should get a year off.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-20 15:23:48  
How long do they get off? In your state at least?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:24:45  
Ze wife got a mere 3 months is all.

*edit*

I believe it's determined by your employer more than the gov., but I could be wrong.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-20 15:26:25  
Your country sucks. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to live there any more. Friend gets 36 weeks for paternity and his girlfriend gets a year. Not to mention the US sucks for vacation at work too. And your minimum wage.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:27:35  
Your country sucks. I honestly don't know why anyone would want to live there any more. Friend gets 36 weeks for paternity and his girlfriend gets a year. Not to mention the US sucks for vacation at work too. And your minimum wage.

I got laughed at when I said I was "thinking about taking a week off to help with baby"
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:27:46  

O god. no.

Friday my wife goes back to work for four hours.

Wow! She had a long time off! Lucky duck! Did she use her vacation time? LOL! Admittedly, I'm kind of being a cry baby, so I can empathize.

I finagled my way into only working until 2:00. I rejected the annual raise we receive to get the extra three hours. I've had to keep tabs on projects that my "replacement" took over remotely during this time, so ehhh...Working without working.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:30:30  

The BF only had two weeks. I had six. I could use my personal/sick/vacation time, but I need to visit my family in Germany for Christmas, and we're planning on going to Port Aransas this summer with some of the college tribe and their children.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:32:15  
Ze wife got a mere 3 months is all.

*edit*

I believe it's determined by your employer more than the gov., but I could be wrong.

Did she use her vacation time also?!? WTF?!?

/jealous
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:32:49  
Z's a tough little cookie. :O

also, you didn't answer my original question.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2013-03-20 15:33:05  
'Murica >.>
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:33:39  
Also, the BF had to go to Houston on business the week he got back. Pretty *** up, Spence. I agree.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:36:27  
Z's a tough little cookie. :O

also, you didn't answer my original question.

I'm goofy right now. I've been trying to eak through without a nap today. My mom is going to start taking the night shift while she's still here. I still have to get up to pump though, or wake up in the middle of the night to boob-juice soaked sheets.

I'm babbling...

What's the question?
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:38:36  
Ze wife got a mere 3 months is all. *edit* I believe it's determined by your employer more than the gov., but I could be wrong.
Did she use her vacation time also?!? WTF?!? /jealous

I don't know how to put this tackfully...

our incomes changed to the point we kind of demoted her, so she'll only work like 4-6 days a month. (more or less to get out of the house once & a while, & have some spending $$$) I have developed quite a bit of malice twords all child care providers over the years, & am going to try not to subjugate this kid to thier wildly inept ways, as much as possible, anyway.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 15:40:29  
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:45:14  
Ze wife got a mere 3 months is all. *edit* I believe it's determined by your employer more than the gov., but I could be wrong.
Did she use her vacation time also?!? WTF?!? /jealous

I don't know how to put this tackfully...

our incomes changed to the point we kind of demoted her, so she'll only work like 4-6 days a month. (more or less to get out of the house once & a while, & have some spending $$$) I have developed quite a bit of malice twords all child care providers over the years, & am going to try not to subjugate this kid to thier wildly inept ways, as much as possible, anyway.

She works at your company too?

I'm really apprehensive about someone looking after Lukas other than myself or my family, but a buddy suggested this sweet, retired teacher, Morman lady. I met her last week, and have her lined up for when my mother leaves. She genuinely just loves kids. She had five sons of her own, her house is huge and immaculate, and she only charges $100/week. I got lucky.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 15:45:56  

Hammock and Radiohead?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2013-03-20 15:51:25  

Hammock and Radiohead?

snow white and the seven dwarfs... PARKER!!! find it NOW!

Edit that little sob took off on me!

Babies cry when they are hungry, thirsty, lonely, gassy, sleepy, wet/dirty, tired

SO you change them, feed them, burp them, rock them, try to get them back to sleep.

If you check all seven twice and nothing works take their temperature because they are prolly about to pull a "snow white" ie: lapse into a coma

you're welcome
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-20 15:52:05  
Canada is crazy with their off time... some places up there let you roll over your PTO time too... guy saved up all his time and took a year off from work paid... lol... that's just crazy...

Females in the US are entitled to 3 months off via FMLA for maternity leave... Even then in some places it's frowned upon because they'll have to find replacements and well other stuff... though FMLA is unpaid too... some companies are more friendly about it and provide paid time off or reduced pay or just whatever... I've never actually heard of paternity leave before and they certainly don't offer it at my company...

One of the girls here got fired because she used up all her PTO time and then all 3 months of FMLA and by that time she was still a month out from being due lol... It was a good call anyways because as we found out she had almost 1000 emails from over an 8 month period that she had never done anythign with lol...
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2013-03-20 16:04:17  
Canada is crazy with their off time... some places up there let you roll over your PTO time too... guy saved up all his time and took a year off from work paid... lol... that's just crazy...

Females in the US are entitled to 3 months off via FMLA for maternity leave... Even then in some places it's frowned upon because they'll have to find replacements and whatnot though FMLA is unpaid too... some companies are more friendly about it and provide paid time off or reduced pay or just whatever but I've never actually heard of paternity leave before and they certainly don't offer it at my company

One of the girls here got fired because she used up all her PTO time and then all 3 months of FMLA and by that time she was still a month out from being due lol... It was a good call anyways because as we found out she had almost 1000 emails from over an 8 month period that she had never done anythign with lol...

The reason I'm going back after the six weeks allotted.

The reason I'm still "working". Making sure my *** is covered, and that I will not be in the dark and/or pushed into a corner when I get back.

Also, paternity leave for two weeks was a pay-cut for the BF.

It's okay though. A year or two after I worked there they cleaned out once of the small file rooms where we also kept plans from ages ago, so they could accommodate women who need to pump during work hours.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:11:40  

nope. negotiated.

sounds like you got lucky, if it works, stick to it like glue!

yeah, that's actually perfect advice, as I remember the first time around. what scares me is when none of those work & baby justs decides it's crying time. granted it only happened to me once with his sister, it is still there, lurking in the shadows with the random number generator & rogue waves waiting to devastate you when you least expect it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:14:07  
Hammock and Radiohead?

I was hoping for a better plan than I already had, silly.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-03-20 16:16:52  
Canada is crazy with their off time... some places up there let you roll over your PTO time too... guy saved up all his time and took a year off from work paid... lol... that's just crazy... Females in the US are entitled to 3 months off via FMLA for maternity leave... Even then in some places it's frowned upon because they'll have to find replacements and whatnot though FMLA is unpaid too... some companies are more friendly about it and provide paid time off or reduced pay or just whatever but I've never actually heard of paternity leave before and they certainly don't offer it at my company One of the girls here got fired because she used up all her PTO time and then all 3 months of FMLA and by that time she was still a month out from being due lol... It was a good call anyways because as we found out she had almost 1000 emails from over an 8 month period that she had never done anythign with lol...
The reason I'm going back after the six weeks allotted. The reason I'm still "working". Making sure my *** is covered, and that I will not be in the dark and/or pushed into a corner when I get back. Also, paternity leave for two weeks was a pay-cut for the BF. It's okay though. A year or two after I worked there they cleaned out once of the small file rooms where we also kept plans from ages ago, so they could accommodate women who need to pump during work hours.
Plus you miss out on so much stuff in that time... you come in and you've missed out on so many projects or calls and emails... we got a girl out right now for 6 weeks with a broken ankle lol... We have people in her dept. doing all of her work for her while she's gone though so you can imagine how happy that makes them lol...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-20 16:20:49  
O just I went out to smoke, & it hit me like a truck. you had the answer this whole time Z!

time to see what my mom's up to friday night! :D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15854 15855 15856 ... 18549 18550 18551