フォーラム » FFXI » General » Error code 401
Error code 401
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Leviathan.Banota
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Variable
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-30 02:22:34  
After a long chain of emails for so long this is what I get.

Wasted years of my life playing a game that never deserved my time.

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. In order to prioritise time-sensitive issues, your ticket has been closed.
If your query is related to registration codes for a Square Enix Store purchase, please log in to the following site using your SQUARE ENIX Membership details to view your codes: http://sqex.to/ffxivcodes
If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for not responding to you in a more satisfactory manner and thank you for your patience & understanding.

Square Enix Support Centre Team

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-08-30 05:13:24  
Angierus said: »
Probably would be easier to just quit at this point and play something that is more entertaining, if you want XI find a screenshot of you standing in town and set it as your desktop, and you'll be set. Pretty much all XI was before I stopped playing was a $40/mo screen saver.

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what the thousands of FFXI players do as well, because everyone is entertained by the same exact things.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-30 05:34:38  
Dude I can't stay still without revenge....gotta do something
 Shiva.Ashmulder
サーバ: Shiva
user: AshMulder
By Shiva.Ashmulder 2013-08-30 05:51:57  
Leviathan.Banota said: »
After a long chain of emails for so long this is what I get.

Wasted years of my life playing a game that never deserved my time.

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. In order to prioritise time-sensitive issues, your ticket has been closed.
If your query is related to registration codes for a Square Enix Store purchase, please log in to the following site using your SQUARE ENIX Membership details to view your codes: http://sqex.to/ffxivcodes
If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for not responding to you in a more satisfactory manner and thank you for your patience & understanding.

Square Enix Support Centre Team

I got exact same email wich can translate to, you don t play ff14? then F YOU! Square enix.
By Antonaki 2013-08-30 06:29:58  
It would probably be quicker for me to create an entirely new account and re-level my jobs/relics and stuff than it will be to get my account reactivated at this rate, their customer service skills are in minus as far as i am concerned right now, this is making me not want to buy FFIV.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-08-30 09:17:08  
Let me know how it's gonna work for u , leveling new jobs, and if u won't get same error again 401
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-30 09:45:07  
Antonaki said: »
It would probably be quicker for me to create an entirely new account and re-level my jobs/relics and stuff than it will be to get my account reactivated at this rate, their customer service skills are in minus as far as i am concerned right now, this is making me not want to buy FFIV.
The issue is payment right? Not the account. You might have the same issue.
By Antonaki 2013-08-30 10:18:04  
No, the issue is the account, they blocked the account when i tried to use my CC in another country to update my payment method on it due to the C&B cancellation.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-01 03:11:45  
Its a strategy used to push players slowly into leaving FFXI to play FFXIV, eventually everyone will have a problem with FFXI and move towards FFXIV and SE will focus into developing FFXIV and close FFXI.
By Lillica 2013-09-01 03:25:38  
Its a strategy used to push players slowly into leaving FFXI to play FFXIV, eventually everyone will have a problem with FFXI and move towards FFXIV and SE will focus into developing FFXIV and close FFXI.

Considering that they have halted sales of FFXIV and are making large scale efforts to limit the number of people creating new accounts and characters at this time, I would have to say that your tinfoil hat is looking a little lopsided.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-01 03:36:47  
LOL
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 02:12:10  
Is it possible to unlink the current to create a new SE account and link the playonline ID ? or is it not possible?
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 02:19:15  
There should be away to fix the error... is there any technical dude here to help figure this out?
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 02:35:30  
willing to pay $135 to whoever does know how to fix it
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 11:04:48  
Anyone?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-02 11:53:01  
Is it possible to unlink the current to create a new SE account and link the playonline ID ? or is it not possible?
I know you can split 2 POL accounts that are on the same SE account. Despite them saying several times that you can't.

So I assume you could, however, I don't know that that will make any difference. Unless you intend to set up a JP or US SE account.

I wonder. Can you pay for the game with a US card? If your account is EU?

I guess you could call them and say, "Hey! I moved to the US. And have this US card that I need to use to pay now." But I dunno that that works either.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 12:11:42  
I tried paying with my friend us card didn't work, same error
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-02 12:16:30  
I guess you could try to start a new account with a new POL, new char and everything. See if you can get a payment through and if you can, then move your old POL account to the new one?

That'll of course cost money, but given what you're willing to pay for a fix, it might be worth a try.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-02 13:23:06  
$200 to whoever can solve this problem
 Asura.Desperado
サーバ: Asura
user: Desp
By Asura.Desperado 2013-09-06 11:57:30  
I have been experiencing the same error myself since Aug 18 2013.Repeated calls to support since then and all the suggested ideas they provided didn't work. Here's my understanding of the subject at hand so far...

Stage One: Registration : Error code 601:

If you're receiving error code 601 then this means that your SE account blocked the card you're using. Suggested action is that you should unregister the card and wait complete 24 hours before trying to register it again. Unfortunate though, some cards get permanent block. Hence if after 24 hour pass you tried to register the card and STILL getting the same error code 601, then I believe you have 2 choices:

A) Call them and pray to God they release the block on your card. (good luck!)
B) Use another card. But don't forget to change the billing information name if you're using someone else's card because the name in the billing info should match to whatever card you're using(or so I think.) You can change it by going to http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home login and then go to user settings > extended information and change the name to the name of the card that you're going to register in the account management site.

------------

Stage 2: activation: Error code 401

If you are able to register the card but unable to reactivate because of this error, I am sorry to tell you that you're options now have become much more limited. Hence I can only suggest the following:

A) Request to unlink your Play online ID from that SE user. Don't tell them that it's because of the card because they will not accept that and hence won't allow you to unlink it. Tell them that you need to unlink it because your pc was hacked and your account information is not safe. The process of unlinking the account could take weeks knowing SE bad customer service reputation and actions..However, I know someone that did that and then the card was accepted on the new SE user account. Which basically implies that this error is only generated because of the SE user account that might have gotten certain restrictions that won't allow you to make any payment.(This is still is only a theory so I can't guarantee you that it will work after you relink to a new SE user account. Do it if you have no other choice..)

B) Forget about your old content IDs, make new SE account, buy the whole freaking game and add-on codes again and link them to that new SE user and try to pay. (only if you have much money on your hand that you don't care to waste, and ONLY at your own risk. Don't blame me if this still didn't work for you.)

C) Quit the game and wait until you hear of another lol-payment-method introduced for your region.

D) Keep calling them and waste your time and money on international calls. From my experience I can frankly tell you that they will never remove that restriction on your account. They know how to calm you down, but don't know how to do their job. Their direct line is 00448706000182 so good luck. If you rather try the chat service instead, you will be lucky if an agent replies to you who actually KNOW what this error is. Oh and last if you try their email support, they'll simply reply after 48 hours that your case had been closed and that their priority is to solve FFXIV customer problems. Good luck anyway with all 3 options.

E) You can still try another card.... Always remember to change the name like I suggested above if you're going to use another card with different name than the one registered in that website.

-------

This indeed is frustrating and I can really feel the pain you're going through just to play again, but with SE service support, STILL you should never loose your temper on the person you're speaking to as this might also lower your chance of solving the problem at all. Keep calm and take all the bull you're going to hear from them and do what they will continue to suggest if you decide to stick to calling them.

@Banota: as for your $200 offer, I can only tell you that its really not worth it. Why would you pay this much to anyone just because SE can't fix their own errors? I know you want to play.. But trust me there are more better games out there that you can still have fun with until you find a way to figure out how to solve these technical errors. I promise to keep you posted if they update me with anything that works here in this thread.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-09-07 12:59:07  
Thanks gonna try those and update you
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-03 07:32:19  
Just an update: SE did nothing to fix the Error 401
By Antonaki 2013-10-03 08:41:23  
They fixed mine, i was asked to email them a picture of my CC showing the name and last 4 digits, it took 3 days to get sorted after that.
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-09 00:42:58  
They never fixed mine... /cry

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry for the delay in responding to you, we are very busy at the moment due to the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Unfortunately we don't have any more information regarding your case. We will contact you again via email when we have any more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/
 Leviathan.Starcade
user: starcade
By Leviathan.Starcade 2013-10-09 01:16:35  
If that is not the most clear indication that they want you to quit XI and go to XIV, I don't know what is.
 Asura.Desperado
サーバ: Asura
user: Desp
By Asura.Desperado 2013-10-10 12:43:29  
Just an update:

If you receive error 401 only, try to pay again now.

My card just got accepted for no reason so maybe they fixed the issue with their website finally. I've received 2 SMS confirmation from the bank at first that they wanted to deduct the card for 0 then the last message was a success and full debit of the amount.

Hope this helps..
By itchi508 2013-10-10 13:05:39  
They never fixed mine... /cry

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry for the delay in responding to you, we are very busy at the moment due to the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Unfortunately we don't have any more information regarding your case. We will contact you again via email when we have any more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/
That is pretty sorry *** excuse and extremely un-professional way to tell your customers that you can't help them. Could have said we are busy and will resolve the issue asap. Instead of "we are busy with 14 release" in which they mean FF14 is much more important than your case so shut up... Awesome support SE
By Spiraboo 2013-10-10 13:07:01  
At least they are being honest instead of making you wait forever. lol

But unprofessional yes. :P
 Leviathan.Banota
By Leviathan.Banota 2013-10-20 03:54:39  
It will never be solved.... they never fixed it for me
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10