フォーラム » FFXI » General » Monstrosity Species Guide
Monstrosity Species Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 36 37 38
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 02:26:39  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Gnole is still likely unlockable even if we haven't found it, Its probably just like Peists and requires multiple monsters at a higher level to unlock/purchase.

Had to make something hard i suppose >_> but man this suuucckks i wanna find those last mobs

I already started doing Hare path. On the Tiger right now so may find it soon.
 Cerberus.Firinia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2013-08-12 02:42:52  
Well think of it this way, we haven't unlocked Sibilus even at 75. So if it does get unlocked at 80+, would this mean that other mobs may unlock other species at 80+?

For one, we didn't really know we could unlock anything beyond 50 until someone got tiger to 75 and got the Coeurl.

My bet is still that Gnole is somewhere in the tiger/coeurl/opo line, since Gnole isn't a hefty beast like Marids, Rams, and Buffalo.

Just like Peiste was unlocked from the more lithe lizards, Eft and raptor, instead of the heftier lizards like Bugard and Wivre.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-08-12 03:01:10  
I hit level 60 Lizard, learned Infrasonics and gained Lizard instinct II:

STR+4 Attack+14 Store TP+3 [Cost:4]

• 1. Fireball/Snowball (Deals ice/fire AOE)

• 10 Secretion (Enhances evasion)

• 20 Brain Crush (Deals physical damage. Additional Effect: Silence

• 30 Blockhead (200% Physical damage + Knockback)

• 40 Baleful Gaze (Petrifies an enemy)

• 50 Plaguebreath (Deals water damage - fan shaped aoe. Additional Effect: Silence

• 60 Infrasonics (Reduces Evasion - aoe fan)

All that is left from normal lizard abilities is Tail Blow.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 03:06:38  
Cerberus.Firinia said: »
Well think of it this way, we haven't unlocked Sibilus even at 75. So if it does get unlocked at 80+, would this mean that other mobs may unlock other species at 80+?

For one, we didn't really know we could unlock anything beyond 50 until someone got tiger to 75 and got the Coeurl.

My bet is still that Gnole is somewhere in the tiger/coeurl/opo line, since Gnole isn't a hefty beast like Marids, Rams, and Buffalo.

Just like Peiste was unlocked from the more lithe lizards, Eft and raptor, instead of the heftier lizards like Bugard and Wivre.

Don't forget the Manticore.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-12 03:08:47  
I forgot there were so many Lizard TP moves lol. Lizard was kinda slow, bravo to you. Hope it pays off, BEE SURE DIDNT
By Zarabi 2013-08-12 03:33:55  
Has anyone bothered to check if there is like an advantage/disadvantage in staying as kind of the..lower level version of your monster?

For example Bee becomes RDM early on, but BLM later on. Could I continue as an RDM and have all nifty RDM traits and spells without experiencing any kind of severe weakness compared to the BLM version, other than that my nuke spells wouldn't be as effective, which is of course, implied. Just meant stats in general.

Am I making any sense? :D
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2013-08-12 03:41:05  
I think it really is just the spells/traits you have access to. I have Rafflesia and the BLM version (Mitrastema), but I'm using the Rafflesia anyway for double attack and some of the WAR traits.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-12 03:42:12  
Each new form of a specific monster you unlock is a separate monster, But leveled simultaneously.

I.E Once you unlock RDM bee, You can still play as WAR bee, and once you unlock BLM, you can still play as RDM or WAR.

Is that what you were asking?
By Zarabi 2013-08-12 03:45:53  
Nah, I knew this, I meant if there is a severe disadvantage in not changing to the new "skin" of a monster, and not changing the job. So in my example, BLM bee would just always be better than RDM bee.

But seems like this perhaps might not be the case, if other people are sticking to the "earlier" version of their monster. :) I love RDM. :)

Wonder how the PLD/RDM version of Beetle makes it change.. will it have lower DEF but more spells? Or am I thinking too much about this.. hah!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-12 03:47:48  
oh, well, Then no. Theres no disadvantage to staying as whatever form you want. The only difference between them Is either appearance, in some cases TP moves, and their Job Traits/Job.
 Fenrir.Minibuddha
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Minibuddha 2013-08-12 04:14:32  
Zarabi said: »
Nah, I knew this, I meant if there is a severe disadvantage in not changing to the new "skin" of a monster, and not changing the job. So in my example, BLM bee would just always be better than RDM bee.

But seems like this perhaps might not be the case, if other people are sticking to the "earlier" version of their monster. :) I love RDM. :)

Wonder how the PLD/RDM version of Beetle makes it change.. will it have lower DEF but more spells? Or am I thinking too much about this.. hah!

You ask about the beetle I can answer lol. Same Defense no stat change at all. In fact the PLD/RDM Beetle gained a better more damaging TP move.

Also to use Phalanx early was a great benefit. I was able to face constant VTs some low ITs without resting at all.

Got to 60 for Scorpion purposes. It did pretty well. The beetle looks cool with a horn on its head haha. I would recommend it.

Also Spikes damage and Bio II and sleep and such are a wonderful benefit. That is just my 2 cents to you Zarabi.
By Zarabi 2013-08-12 04:40:52  
Thanks! I'll keep leveling beetle. ^_^ I think it is kicking butts.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 04:55:14  
Just gotta 50 the Marid and pretty much done with them. (41 Atm) I should be getting Manticore or Gnole sometime if they're not a single path.
 Cerberus.Firinia
user: Firinia
By Cerberus.Firinia 2013-08-12 05:32:11  
Finally got Peiste to 75, lol. Onward to 80!

Edit: On a completely random and sort of cute note, someone ran up to my Peiste and used the SMN job emote on me, and the choco chic actually correctly appeared sitting on the Peiste's head. I thought it was so cute. <_<
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-08-12 08:51:23  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Question, have you checked the Purchasing NPC guy to see if you can buy it?

Yes.

Cerberus.Firinia said: »
I can understand, lol. All I've been doing is attacking something, triggering Mist, and then watching a few moments of anime, then attacking a new mob when the one I'm attacking goes down. Been in Zeruhn Mines since 66. Currently 71 now. I don't expect Sibilus to be a different job, but I want to get it anyway because I like Peistes, lol. They're cute... <_<

I've mainly been just pulling a bunch of T-IT mobs, positioning them in a way I can attack all of them, using calc. mist, than checking back in a few minutes...

Same job traits don't stack with themselves, so no it won't have lower defense besides from vit. Having second job the same as the first is basically just a waste of a job slot. For the monsters that have their initial skin as war/war, pld/pld, etc. there isn't much reason to go back.

For spells, you'll get whatever spells both those jobs can cast at your monsters level, as long as you've learned those spells on your actual character. A 50 pld/rdm beetle for example will have all spells a paladin would at 50 and rdm would at 50 at the same time. Monsters aren't main-job/sub-job, they're dual-job.
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-12 11:11:39  
So wait what is this Rhino Beetle thing? Do you get it by just leveling beetle or is that with the spirits thing? Does ANYONE know what spirits quest give you yet? :)

Anyway Beetle is my favorite at the moment so that's why I'm asking so much, haha. :) I would love a new type of beetle already... i'm not even sure there are other kind of beetles...

PS. That one backwards foot has never bothered me so much in my entire life.

Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 16:46:44  
Pachypodium is rewarded for giving 25 Mandragora Spirits. It's a Mnk/Mnk and has the same base stats. Petal Pirouette is an attack exclusive to it. Follows the level of your Mandragora.

It's likely you'll get the Black Antlion and Black Beetle for the spirits.

Edit: Coeurl needs to be fixed. @30 you'll get a Lynx that's a War/Blm, @60 you'll get another Lynx (with Jewels) that's a Blm/Rdm.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-12 17:13:59  
has normal antlion even been found yet?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-12 17:15:14  
Not that I know of. Probably a 75 or so unlock for a type people hate... Its going to be down the beetle path. Probably Spider or Diremite... I'm leaning toward Diremite, But it could be scorp? IDK.

Edit: its Scorpion 60.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 17:16:37  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
has normal antlion even been found yet?

Bitesized posted it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2013-08-12 17:48:50  
im doing the path once beetle gets finished 55 atm
By caerigna 2013-08-12 18:17:19  
anyone run the panopt up? curious if it has alternate forms
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 18:20:22  
caerigna said: »
anyone run the panopt up? curious if it has alternate forms

Sawtelle did and got to 60, gave nothing.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-08-12 18:24:58  
All instincts have been posted on BG. Seems someone mined them.

Behemoth instincts .... omg. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Instincts
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-08-12 18:33:27  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »
All instincts have been posted on BG. Seems someone mined them.

Behemoth instincts .... omg. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Instincts
Based BG.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 20:08:41  
Gnole Instinct III Accuracy+15 Attack+50 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+10

Buffalo Instinct III HP+15% Critical hit rate +10% Enemy critical hit rate -20%

Gnat Instinct III Evasion+25 "Triple Attack"+1% Haste+5%

Wow lol.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-08-12 20:24:51  
I personally found the Attack+25% Slow+10% one appealing if you can counterbalance the slow with haste, F**k player styles imma rock that >:I
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-08-12 20:31:05  
Is anyone keeping track of the amount of points you have at which level? Benchmarks at 30/60/90 at least would probably be good enough to estimate the rest.

I'm also assuming from eyeballing that points are the same regardless of species.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-08-12 20:40:30  
Lapinion has been confirmed Hare 90 and it's a Blm/Rdm.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 36 37 38