Voay Sword +1 And RUN?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Voay Sword +1 and RUN?
Voay Sword +1 and RUN?
 Sylph.Mystaria
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-07-31 22:41:12  
Sooo.. just snagged the 1st Voay Sword +1 on Sylph ever posted to AH. Managed to get it for 4 Mil. Now seems to be a decent weapon for RUN. Least DPS wise, not to mention for tanking mobs you would want to tank. (Magic nms id say) Looks ugly as hell.. but taking a risk on getting it, but since not even on this site is there much info on its value.

So anyways, looking to find out everyones thought on this sword. If nothing else, I can just give it to Shandok to use on his PLD or DRK heh.

Was orig using Hatzoaar Sword, which did work very nice for RUN. =)
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-31 22:51:22  
Should be a step up from Hatzoaar at least. Not sure if Voay will be getting any +Skill with this next update, but I imagine it will.

Can't use item search for any of the items from the last update, but you can still see them under the "New Items" page on the left.

Thing doesn't look like a sword. Swear there's no edge to it at all.
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-07-31 23:06:37  
Those who have an issue finding it.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20774/ is the sword.

I mean seems to be decent in terms of grabbing hate in an old school style tanking endgame event. Not sure on everything else, I mean if you can really use lunge, dps from weapon, then add +enmity 20 on that all, maybe this could be fun indeed. Toss in some PDT and DT to the mix.. might make for a useful tanking build?
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-07-31 23:17:55  
Being an AH piece, I doubt it will get a lvl increase like the R/EX drops (I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the post referring to the stat incoming boost).

However, wouldn't a Bereaver be better regardless?
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-07-31 23:27:26  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Being an AH piece, I doubt it will get a lvl increase like the R/EX drops (I could be wrong though, I haven't checked the post referring to the stat incoming boost).

However, wouldn't a Bereaver be better regardless?

From BG

Voay Sword +1
DMG:190 Delay:489
Accuracy+30
Great sword skill+89 Parrying skill+89
Enmity+20

Edit:

Bereaver
DMG:209 Delay:456
Accuracy+8 Attack+8
Great sword skill+162 Parrying skill+162

Plus, your path choice.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-01 07:50:56  
Bereaver by a mile after the update still will be the best ah weapon you can snag for now until they release the next crazy gear update. I just had 0 fun with it in Revives in maj. Ravine just couldn't pull impressive numbers at all but think either my spellcast was broke or my acc gear for that zone was way to low lol back to the spreadsheet. Hard to not use a Ixtab tho or Hanahpu axe atm they broke as hell until everything catches up.
By volkom 2013-08-01 07:53:41  
Thought Senbaak Nagan would be the best AH weapon pre update and post update...
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-08-01 08:03:41  
the +Enmity on the voay sword makes it look like a 'tank sword', but you can easily tank and keep hate even with -enmity merits +a bereaver.

Personally I think eva path Bereaver for soloing/tank is the best way to dump plasm into a bereaver. No regrets at all taking eva path since its easy to get crazy amounts of acc now.

If you eventually want a pure 'not tanking' DD GS, then save up for a senbaak, dumping plasm into an attack path bereaver wont have any situational usefulness once you upgtade to a senbaak.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-01 08:04:30  
volkom said: »
Thought Senbaak Nagan would be the best AH weapon pre update and post update...

True sorry I should have said for the poor....
By Chyula 2013-08-01 08:06:37  
How the Hell RUN can now magically tank with that sword?, last I checked it still have paper armor. if you going with paper armor tank you might as well going with a high hp tank like mnk/run which is much better at holding hate and surviving than RUN. Until RUN get a high boost in parry rate I don't see it'll take over the tank spot from A/O pld or HP mnks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2013-08-01 08:12:01  
kenshynofshiva said: »
Bereaver by a mile after the update still will be the best ah weapon you can snag for now until they release the next crazy gear update.

Which AH? The one in Rabao?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-01 08:33:21  
Yup no place for run unless a delve boss fight can be made extremely easier with one:

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
RUN is pretty amazing on Dakuwaqa at least, there's a reason JPs will shout for it for an hour before leaving town for shark runs.
By Mysticales 2013-08-01 21:25:15  
Odin.Rikiyame said: »

From BG

Voay Sword +1
Accuracy+30
Enmity+20

Edit:

Bereaver
Accuracy+8 Attack+8

Plus, your path choice.

I dont see the GS or Parry skill on my +1 sword... so maybe thats later?

Chyula said: »
How the Hell RUN can now magically tank with that sword?, last I checked it still have paper armor. if you going with paper armor tank you might as well going with a high hp tank like mnk/run which is much better at holding hate and surviving than RUN. Until RUN get a high boost in parry rate I don't see it'll take over the tank spot from A/O pld or HP mnks.

Well we did get the new merits that add to parry, and if the above info is true.. then we will have a solid parry weapon no?
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-01 21:58:17  
Mysticales said: »
Odin.Rikiyame said: »

From BG

Voay Sword +1
Accuracy+30
Enmity+20

Edit:

Bereaver
Accuracy+8 Attack+8

Plus, your path choice.

I dont see the GS or Parry skill on my +1 sword... so maybe thats later?

Chyula said: »

Well we did get the new merits that add to parry, and if the above info is true.. then we will have a solid parry weapon no?

All ilvl 100+ swords will get the added combat skill on Aug 5/6.
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-08-02 16:01:48  
Thanks for the heads up, so that being said, more comments on the sword? Cause now it seems a very nice GS indeed for RUN, No? I mean GS and Parry skill? Add that to merit skill parry ability.

Then the question is for PDT/DT gear or DPS to go along with it?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-08-02 16:08:02  
only useful if you can't get bereaver for whatever reason
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-02 16:28:48  
Sylph.Mystaria said: »
Thanks for the heads up, so that being said, more comments on the sword? Cause now it seems a very nice GS indeed for RUN, No? I mean GS and Parry skill? Add that to merit skill parry ability.

Then the question is for PDT/DT gear or DPS to go along with it?

Both.....
 Sylph.Mystaria
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-08-06 22:00:09  
Well update is here.. The sword is nice now. Wonder if that means its value just increased too. Too bad Hatzoaar sword didnt get anything.. so now seems I will never touch it again. =/
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-07 10:50:26  
The AF GS Beorc is D 193 + 108/113 CS is a bit better and looks a ton better lol. Still every GS above 100 got a nice upgrade. It's just the delve GS or skirmish 2.0 +1 GS are easy and much better.

If you got a voay I say time to sell or hang on mannequin.