BLM Best Stunning?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM best stunning?
BLM best stunning?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-07-14 17:59:07  
So, I'm trying to follow this blm stun set but my LS keeps arguing with me that it's not as good and that I should swap into things with more macc instead. They argue that things with fast cast have more macc usually, as well.

Would it be better for BLMs to follow something more along the lines of the SCH stun setup laid out here. This set has ~30 fast cast, which on top of the 11% haste would be a solid 26% recast...
 Ragnarok.Deathshift
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Deathshift 2013-07-14 20:00:46  
I don't think you'd need to focus on magic accuracy really if you're playing BLM. It's most likely not going to be on anything where you need to worry about resisting. I'd stick with the first set, and add in lifestorm/psystorm earrings.
I use this set on BLM.
ItemSet 307948
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-07-14 21:16:00  
Why do you say it's not going to be on anything I should worry about resisting? No hope for BLM in recent endgame events, you think?
 Leviathan.Dirtaru
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dirtaru
By Leviathan.Dirtaru 2013-07-14 21:36:54  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28056/yaoyotl-gloves

15 Macc

Boom
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2013-07-14 21:58:29  
That didn't really contribute much lol considering repartie gloves have 15 macc and fast cast to boot, so even those would be be better for stun
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-07-14 22:16:10  
Ragnarok.Deathshift said: »
I don't think you'd need to focus on magic accuracy really if you're playing BLM. It's most likely not going to be on anything where you need to worry about resisting. I'd stick with the first set, and add in lifestorm/psystorm earrings.
I use this set on BLM.
ItemSet 307948

The there are a few issues with bringing blm over sch one is losing that embrava and the other is alacrity & strategems, embrava for toji might not be an issue but I'm pretty sure most groups are still sleeping daquk midway and redoing a 2nd embrava but blm gets 13 skill over sch and basically the same gear along with the ability to haste themselves /rdm and do some enfeebling

a blm stun set with 26% gear haste and capped magic haste is sitting at 14.3s recast, /rdm gives 7.5% recast dropping it to 13.2, as far as I can tell with capped magic haste you need -37% recast in gear to cap recast at 9sec ontop of capped magic haste which I think is impossible (7.5 ja, 14 staff, 2 cape, 2.5 feet, 1 ring, 1 ear, 2.5 neck, 1 ammo) 9.67

alternatively a set stacking full FC I'm seeing -42% recast with sj and thats gonna need 23 gear haste to cap recast which is also impossible.. best I can get is 10% haste which leaves a 12 sec recast

so
ItemSet 307959
is the best recast I'm getting

and then you run into the issue of sch simply being able to tabula or freely alac and swap into a much macc heavier set and you're back to blm being useless in this slot if resists are a problem, you'll 100% need geo macc/-meva buff for a set like this and even then I have no idea if it'd be up to par for an entire tojil

I have no idea how much macc pear crepes give but I havent been eating them on sch and dont have any issues, so perhaps VERIFICATION NEEDED macc food would solve a problem

Again this is all assuming you have a bard in the geo/sch pt marching, can save SV/jas etc for megaboss and mercato midrun if they arent ghorn99

EDIT and blm cant wear incantor Q_Q that means hasty & possibly the fc grip which is apparently 1%fc (.5% recast) which makes my number slightly off and I didnt floor anything between steps so its still gonna be slightly higher than what I posted, making it even less attractive :<
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-14 23:25:21  
ItemSet 307965

Use this set, Ogapepo Cape +1, Aureole, Sangoma Ring and Hyaline Hat are acceptable swaps. I wouldn't sacrifice the Macc for minimal recast improvements. Your stuns are rotated so if you can't recast it by the time its your turn again then you shouldn't be there on BLM, I don't see why its so hard to lvl sch and get the relic feet and do basically the same thing with the same gear with thunderstorm up and alacrity.

Also /sch gives 20% FC 10% recast on dark spells under dark arts, no? Also offers Klimaform, which coupled with another sch doing stuns should be able to get you Thunderstorm for even more Macc. With this you should be getting haste and embrava at some point during the fight to help on recast.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-07-15 12:05:41  
Redoing and flooring steps the set I posted /rdm is 9.95 sec recast compared to your 13.16 recast /sch. The reason I disregarded it was personal preference maybe but it really seems like a terrible idea, /sch offers nothing but ~3 strats and klimaform (personally I never use storm on sch and don't need it), so /rdm gives the possibility of replacing your enfeebler and still giving a fairly good recast on stuns, that would be the ONLY reason a blm would possibly replace a sch in that stunning slot if you didn't want embrava. I think if you're /sching you really just need to level sch and do the job much better

This is again assuming you're getting capped magic haste from somewhere and no alac

So level sch :~D
Rotating a cor through for atleast Macc roll would help a blm, fc too if possible
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-07-15 12:19:36  
Maybe if blm didn't have c+ enfeebling :(
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-07-15 12:35:09  
Asura.Fondue said: »
Stun is dark magic, unless they changed it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-15 12:36:26  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

I see so many people think it's enfeebling because of lightning element, lol.
Same with Bio for some reason.. >_>
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-07-15 13:17:11  
Really >.> I said blm gets A dark magic and that was just another reason it would be hard to work a blm into a delve stun slot, poor skill for enfeebles between stuns
 Ragnarok.Deathshift
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Deathshift 2013-07-15 13:35:48  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »

I see so many people think it's enfeebling because of lightning element, lol.
Same with Bio for some reason.. >_>

I hope I never encounter anyone that does this. <_>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.