Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25
 Valefor.Applebottoms
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:17:28  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
those two chicks = icky
That was my point. They're probably healthy as all hell, but according to the majority they aren't "beautiful", but some people think they are.

Actually being that cut isn't all that healthy.
It was the illusion of looking it.
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-12 14:18:30  
this has gotten silly.
God damn right it has!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:18:33  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Anyhow if people are simply unwilling to accept that humans are animals first

my 6 month old son is direct proof of this.

If there's a difference between him & a smart chimp right now, I couldn't point it out.

ignoring his blone hair & blue eyes. which I try to do as a black haired eye-color-changing wierdo. I think he might be the mailman's boy.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:20:05  
Siren.Flavin said: »
this has gotten silly.
God damn right it has!
Loving every moment of it. :)
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 14:21:27  
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:21:35  
YouTube Video Placeholder

edit*

that wasn't even close to what I was looking for >.<

/dies
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:22:41  
Anyhow if people are simply unwilling to accept that humans are animals first

my 6 month old son is direct proof of this.

If there's a difference between him & a smart chimp right now, I couldn't point it out.

ignoring his blone hair & blue eyes. which I try to do as a black haired eye-color-changing wierdo. I think he might be the mailman's boy.
The only difference between animals and humans is that humans go on the internet and try to disprove everyone and everything they disagree with words and put downs without ever having to meet said people.

Animals would just straight kill yo ***, straight to the point.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 14:23:55  

Most people consider bodybuilders to be 'freaks' and not attractive especially the females who take on masculine traits in exchange for the muscular frame. Men get stigmatized with having a small penis or no balls and the reason we see less of this in the mainstream is because most Americans aren't going for a Mr./Ms. Universe title.

If people who are obese/too skinny are on one end of the unattractiveness spectrum, muscleheads make up the opposite extreme.

The American ideal for men/women is pretty much an Abercrombie/Vogue model in shape and stature. Enough muscle to have defined arms/torso/legs but also an air of elegance/sophistication while being around 5'8-6'2.

What's funny is most Americans come nowhere near this ideal.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:23:58  
You know.. I was thinking about that.. going back to the bra burning.. most of them looked like they didn't need to wear one..

COINCIDENCE!?

Btw to Flavin, Caps lock key is cruise control for cool. Never forget it.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:24:04  
Animals would just straight kill yo ***

nah uh!

I gots guns & shits yos!

*** dat wildliffee
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 14:26:41  
You know.. I was thinking about that.. going back to the bra burning.. most of them looked like they didn't need to wear one..

COINCIDENCE!?

Btw to Flavin, Caps lock key is cruise control for cool. Never forget it.

At the risk of sounding sexist, Most of the feminist girls I knew were the ones we wouldn't let our dogs bone.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:27:55  

Most people consider bodybuilders to be 'freaks' and not attractive especially the females who take on masculine traits in exchange for the muscular frame. Men get stigmatized with having a small penis or no balls and the reason we see less of this in the mainstream is because most Americans aren't going for a Mr./Ms. Universe title.

If people who are obese/too skinny are on one end of the unattractiveness spectrum, muscleheads make up the opposite extreme.

The American ideal for men/women is pretty much an Abercrombie/Vogue model in shape and stature. Enough muscle to have defined arms/torso/legs but also an air of elegance/sophistication while being around 5'8-6'2.

Even if I lost the weight, I'm still 5'4", I'm screwed either way.

I used the bodybuilders as a point that not all things are what they seem.. to most that might embody the picture of health.. but to some a 5'5" 160 pound person seems more healthy.

To say to judge someone's sexual attractiveness based on health is silly.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 14:32:05  

Like this?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 14:33:10  
those two chicks = icky

Yeah they look like men. We like women who look like women, not women who look like men.

Also they are neither healthy nor do they appear healthy. Their not even athletic.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5205583_700b.jpg

My preference is toned / slim / curvy.

Anyhow the others have pretty much given up any pretense of debate and are just attacking by ganging up and slinging insults. I disturbed their worldview too much.

That's how f*cked up the west is and why we're doomed to fail. A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive. But no, we can't possibly offend the delicate sensibilities of the strong independent liberated "can do anything" female. She might wilt like a flower and wouldn't be strong, independent or liberated anymore. People will like and bullsh!t to themselves to preserve the tattered remains of their egos.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:36:50  
Anyhow the others have pretty much given up any pretense of debate and are just attacking by ganging up and slinging insults. I disturbed their worldview too much.
Quite the opposite.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:37:25  
A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive

dude, that's not a fact, that's like, your opinion, man.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:38:10  
A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive

THIS IS FFXIAH. OPINION IS FACT.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-12 14:38:42  
I DO QUITE LOVE HOW SOMEONE DEEMS THEIR VIEWPOINT AS THE ONLY ONE THAT EXISTS AND THEN ACTS LIKE DISAGREEMENT IS SIMPLY MUDSLINGING AND ITS BECAUSE THEY DISTURBED A WORLD VIEW TOO MUCH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH CAPS LOCK...

MY WORLDVIEW!!! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:39:20  
Siren.Flavin said: »
I DO QUITE LOVE HOW SOMEONE DEEMS THEIR VIEWPOINT AS THE ONLY ONE THAT EXISTS AND THEN ACTS LIKE DISAGREEMENT IS SIMPLY MUDSLINGING AND ITS BECAUSE THEY DISTURBED A WORLD VIEW TOO MUCH... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OH CAPS LOCK...
You're doing it right. :D
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 14:40:34  
o most that might emb

Even if I lost the weight, I'm still 5'4", I'm screwed either way.

I used the bodybuilders as a point that not all things are what they seem.. to most that might embody the picture of health.. but to some a 5'5" 160 pound person seems more healthy.

To say to judge someone's sexual attractiveness based on health is silly.

How so? Men tend to prefer shorter women in general and 5'4" is perfectly fine. The problem is your as wide as you are tall, that's not fine. All that weight can be lost, your body is not designed to carry that much extra weight and you will suffer health problems from it.

Umm did you flunk out of highschool biology or something? Sexual attraction between animals is 100% about finding the healthiest / most physically fit mate to have offspring with. Everything our subconscious does is based on animal instinct. Everything the PUA community does is about exploiting that animal instinct for maximum effect. To say that sexual attractiveness is not about health is ignorance incarnate.

There's just nothing more that can be done with that level of hamster.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 14:41:04  
That's how f*cked up the west is and why we're doomed to fail. A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive. But no, we can't possibly offend the delicate sensibilities of the strong independent liberated "can do anything" female. She might wilt like a flower and wouldn't be strong, independent or liberated anymore. People will like and bullsh!t to themselves to preserve the tattered remains of their egos.

Every civilization is due to fail, your point? I think Western Civilization has more to worry about than the size of waistlines and who you stick your penis into.

I not once put forth the argument that being morbidly obese is healthy nor do I subscribe to the idea that you can be healthy at any weight as you're just deluding yourself the same way smokers lie or obsessed FFXIers lie to justify their actions.

What I was saying is that obese women can be seen as attractive by some and while it's not my exact taste, its just that.... not my taste.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:41:13  
    _____      ___                 _____      ______     _____  
   / ____||   / _ \\    ____      / ___//    /_   _//   / ___// 
  / //---`'  / //\ \\  |    \\    \___ \\     -| ||-    \___ \\ 
  \ \\___   |  ___  || | [] ||    /    //     _| ||_    /    // 
   \_____|| |_||  |_|| |  __//   /____//     /_____//  /____//  
    `----`  `-`   `-`  |_|`-`   `-----`      `-----`  `-----`   
                       `-`                                      
  ______     ___      ____    
 /_____//   / _ \\   |  _ \\  
 `____ `   | / \ ||  | |_| || 
 /___//    | \_/ ||  | .  //  
 `__ `      \___//   |_|\_\\  
 /_//       `---`    `-` --`  
 `-`                          
   _____   _    _     _____     _  __    _____     ____       _____     __     
  / ___// | || | ||  / ____||  | |/ //  |  ___||  |  _ \\    / ___//   /  \\   
  \___ \\ | || | || / //---`'  | ' //   | ||__    | |_| ||   \___ \\   |  ||   
  /    // | \\_/ || \ \\___    | . \\   | ||__    | .  //    /    //   |  ||   
 /____//   \____//   \_____||  |_|\_\\  |_____||  |_|\_\\   /____//     \//    
`-----`     `---`     `----`   `-` --`  `-----`   `-` --`  `-----`      []|    

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:43:20  
smokers lie

I am truly appauled.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-07-12 14:44:08  
those two chicks = icky

Yeah they look like men. We like women who look like women, not women who look like men.

Also they are neither healthy nor do they appear healthy. Their not even athletic.

I think the issue is that you are approaching this subject (male/female het relations) almost from a Classic Behaviourist perspective--that (from your perspective) behavioural cues and (Western) societal trends and values and presumed biological predispositions are the most important aspects of determining future behaviours amongst heterosexual genders. To that point, like behaviouralists Skinner and Watson et al, you are suggesting cognitive values and emotional states are secondary to conditioned responses, and that the empirical (if generalised) reactions and behaviours from greater population trends matter more in selection/relationships/loyalty, etc. and in determining the 'true' mindset of those acting them out.

But even Classic Behaviourism has had divergent proponents, who have sought to integrate cognitive thought into human value structures. I think you are off-putting to those who are arguing with you because you end up speaking in very broad, gross generalities (all women do this, all men do this, conscious thought is never involved, personal preference is an illusion and is only determined by our social status and perceived worth, etc.) which obviously eventually fly in the face of personal experiences. :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 14:44:21  

That is fact. I'm not speaking about the rational part of the brain here, I'm talking about the 6~20 million year old primate. Sexual attraction (within 10s) is all about health and determining the best for mating. Primates would beat each other up to determine which males were the strongest and most fit. Females would then try to attract the strongest of those primates by appearing more healthy and feminine (read: better able to have kids) then the others.

There is no way anyone can rationalize away 280lb morbidly obese unhealthy as being "attractive". That's just that politically correct bullsh!t that's been drilled into people's brains.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:46:58  

Every civilization is due to fail, your point? I think Western Civilization has more to worry about than the size of waistlines and who you stick your penis into.

I not once put forth the argument that being morbidly obese is healthy nor do I subscribe to the idea that you can be healthy at any weight as you're just deluding yourself the same way smokers lie or obsessed FFXIers lie to justify their actions.

What I was saying is that obese women can be seen as attractive by some and while it's not my exact taste, its just that.... not my taste.
Exactly. I never said I was healthy either. I know the boat I'm in and trying to get out of it.

Thing is, I am sexually attractive. Might not be to you, or to some other people, but I am to someone. THAT is my point.

Just as you might not be sexually attractive to me.. doesn't make me think any less of you as a human or who you are. I still respect you just as much.. just wouldn't want you as a mate. XD Please don't take offense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 14:47:57  
smokers lie

I am truly appauled.

Why? lol
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:49:14  
smokers lie

I am truly appauled.

Why? lol
Why not?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 14:54:13  
smokers lie

I am truly appauled.

Why? lol

I'm a smoker, so jokingly lied about being appauled, sry, you don't know me well enough to catch it, nor does anyone else here, probably.

my fault.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 14:54:14  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
those two chicks = icky

I think the issue is that you are approaching this subject (male/female het relations) almost from a Classic Behaviourist perspective--that (from your perspective) behavioural cues and (Western) societal trends and values and presumed biological predispositions are the most important aspects of determining future behaviours amongst heterosexual genders. To that point, like behaviouralists Skinner and Watson et al, you are suggesting cognitive values and emotional states are secondary to conditioned responses, and that the empirical (if generalised) reactions and behaviours from greater population trends matter more in selection/relationships/loyalty, etc. and in determining the 'true' mindset of those acting them out.

But even Classic Behaviourism has had divergent proponents, who have sought to integrate cognitive thought into our value structures. I think you are off-putting to those who are arguing with you because you end up speaking in very broad, gross generalities (all women do this, all men do this, conscious thought is never involved, personal preference is an illusion and is only determined by our social status and perceived worth, etc.) which obviously eventually fly in the face of personal experiences. :/

I'm not talking about anything after the first 10s. There is no room for any input from the rational component of the brain, it's pure animal instinct.

These people are then taking that and blowing it in a different direction then making it some appeal to emotion and all that BS. Humans are animals first and foremost, we must account for that before we do anything else. Obviously our rational mind gets input eventually, it holds a vote and can alter our actions, that is what separates us from the animals.

Essentially what we're seeing here is a typical liberal circle jerk. The statement

"Human Animals are not sexually attracted to unhealthy looking mates" is a fact backed by pretty much every study ever done of animal mate selection. We're a primary visual species, we'll do all our initial judging by what we see. Being 280lbs is unhealthy unless your built like a linebacker, and even then it's probably not good for you. That much weight is also visually unhealthy, it can be spotted from a distance. Now combining those two facts we can surmise that the male human animal will not be sexually attracted to a 280lbs female. The male human person might rationalize a way to be attracted to that same 280lbs female, but the animal component most certainly isn't. Thankfully for AB males can be aroused even if their not sexually attracted if they don't' have access to anything else. Evolution builds in safety measures (just in case).

But to these people none of that matters. I'm insulting the delicate flower by telling her that she's overweight. I'm probably also insulting many of them who are most likely overweight themselves. I don't care, the truth is something people shouldn't be afraid to hear.

Essentially you guys are all white knighting Apple. You saw a female under attack and reacted with your instinctual protection instinct. Can't let the female suffer at all.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25