Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 10:52:45  
Bs. It's rape because you don't want it and it's forced on you, if you do then it's not.
[+]
 Bismarck.Longkissgnight
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Longkissgnight 2013-07-11 11:23:28  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bs. It's rape because you don't want it and it's forced on you, if you do then it's not.

Agreed. Why is it so hard for certain people to understand this?
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 14:36:52  
@Flavin : "so you would actually respond more violently then what happened in the video?"

Absolutely. For every swing she threw at me, I would swing back with a measured slap until she got the picture to stop swinging.
When she stops, I stop. She continues to swing, I continue to deal sharp, painful but not permanently damaging slaps to her face.

That's gender EQUALITY. Or would you have me put my hands behind my back and allow another person to whale on me because they're physically weaker?

Ignoring Gender, I should be able to walk up to Jon "Bones" Jones and kick him in the junk because he's stronger than I am.

Let me ASK you all this:
If the girl in the first video was swinging at another woman, would you say the same thing?

Its beyond me why its so hard to understand what Equality actually means.

EDIT: About rape - its a lot more technical and complicated than that, as are most things when it comes to sex.

Lets suppose a Male's fantasy is to be dominated by a female, much like in the video I posted.
If this takes place, then obviously he doesn't considered himself "raped" or a "rape" victim by legal definitions.

However, what about the woman's perspective. She may, or may not know, that the male wants or doesn't want to have sexual intercourse. Maybe her fantasy is to "rape" a man. As far as she knows, she has fulfilled that desire.

By the way if any of you women reading have such fantasies I am not willing. PM your digits.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 14:43:58  
I guess calling the authorities is not a good solution. Yeah, let's use retaliation. You'd fit well in the mafia.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 14:46:40  
I guess calling the authorities is not a good solution. Yeah, let's use retaliation. You'd fit well in the mafia.

I guess asking women to restrain themselves and not resort to violence is too much to ask. You would fit well in prison.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 14:47:44  
That makes no sense. I'll stop bothering with this thread.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 14:50:28  

Asking women not to resort to violence now makes no sense.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 14:53:01  
You might want to read my previous post on the matter before replying to me.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 14:54:52  
You might want to read my previous post on the matter before replying to me.

Ok, next time a man slaps and assaults you, wait for it to end before you call the authorities. Do not retaliate.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 14:55:42  
I would flee and ask for help. I am not an animal.
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
サーバ: Siren
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-11 14:59:59  
Blazed1979 said: »
@Flavin : "so you would actually respond more violently then what happened in the video?" Absolutely. For every swing she threw at me, I would swing back with a measured slap until she got the picture to stop swinging. When she stops, I stop. She continues to swing, I continue to deal sharp, painful but not permanently damaging slaps to her face. That's gender EQUALITY. Or would you have me put my hands behind my back and allow another person to whale on me because they're physically weaker? Ignoring Gender, I should be able to walk up to Jon "Bones" Jones and kick him in the junk because he's stronger than I am. Let me ASK you all this: If the girl in the first video was swinging at another woman, would you say the same thing? Its beyond me why its so hard to understand what Equality actually means.
I was laughing to myself because you said you would respond like the guy in the video did and then went on to say that you would knock her out without remorse(which did not happen in the video) then went on to change your position again by saying that you would now respond to each swing with a measured slap...

Where did I ever say once that anyone should be able to walk up to anyone and inflict physical violence on another person just because they're stronger... What I am saying is that regardless of gender a physical response should answer the situation... If you're not in physical danger then you shouldn't respond by beating the ***out of someone because they slapped you... if you're overwhelmingly stronger than someone you can restrain the person or just walk away... Like in the case of that one video you posted it represents the possibility that she could have whooped his *** if she wanted to... In terms of domestic violence, which started this, you should have a very good idea of what is going down... a slap or two out of anger doesn't segway into a beating...
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-11 15:04:47  
There is nothing Technical or complicated about rape... It's defined by consent... Whether you have a rape fantasy or not if you engage in a consentual act it is not rape even if the same actions are performed... Consent...

to clarify further... Even if the guy/girl has rape fantasies and likes to be dominated or beaten... unless said person consents to those acts with their partner it is rape... even if they like something when you're forced to do it with someone you don't want to... well hopefully you get the idea by now...
[+]
By Drjones 2013-07-11 15:14:26  

It's pretty simple: Equal opportunity violence.

If a girl punches me and I punch her back, society is going to come down on me a hell of a lot harder than if our roles were reversed. That's what needs to be fixed.

Gender equality means punching girls in the face will be just as socially acceptable as punching guys in the face. We're not there yet.

addendum: I do not advocate punching people in the face.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 15:14:42  
Siren.Flavin said: »
There is nothing Technical or complicated about rape... It's defined by consent... Whether you have a rape fantasy or not if you engage in a consentual act it is not rape even if the same actions are performed... Consent...

to clarify further... Even if the guy/girl has rape fantasies and likes to be dominated or beaten... unless said person consents to those acts with their partner it is rape... even if they like something when you're forced to do it with someone you don't want to... well hopefully you get the idea by now...

You're talking about the legal definition of Rape. I'm not. I'm talking about Rape fantasies, and touching on when it stops or starts being rape.

But since you wanna go there, If a women consents to sex, but then changes her mind midway through, but is then forced into continuing, is it rape or consent?
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-07-11 15:15:57  

You're talking about the legal definition of Rape. I'm not. I'm talking about Rape fantasies, and touching on when it stops or starts being rape.

If a women consents to sex, but then changes her mind midway through, but is then forced into continuing, is it rape or consent?

There's your answer.
By Drjones 2013-07-11 15:16:41  

But since you wanna go there, If a women consents to sex, but then changes her mind midway through, but is then forced into continuing, is it rape or consent?
I'm pretty sure that's what safe words are for, so I'd go with "rape".
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 15:17:34  
Bahamut.Kara said: »

If a women consents to sex, but then changes her mind midway through, but is then forced into continuing, is it rape or consent?

There's your answer.

So if she initially says no, but then during the act starts to enjoy it and continues, is it still rape?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-07-11 15:19:25  

There's your answer.

So if she initially says no, but then during the act starts to enjoy it and continues, is it still rape?

If you initially said no to a guy having sex with you, but then you started to like it, would it still be rape?

Edit: since people would like to misunderstand me. Yes, it is rape.
By Drjones 2013-07-11 15:19:26  

There's your answer.

She did not consent, so it's still rape.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 15:20:40  
Drjones said: »

There's your answer.

She did not consent, so it's still rape.

So if a man says no to start with, but ends up enjoying it, why isn't it also still considered rape?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2013-07-11 15:22:10  
What? I have never read a law stating that.

[+]
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-07-11 15:29:37  
If the partner doesn't stop immediately, then yes. It's rape.

Yes; it should never have started if someone said no.

So if a man says no to start with, but ends up enjoying it, why isn't it also still considered rape?
I consider that to be rape. See above.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 15:33:10  
Alexander.Carrelo said: »
If the partner doesn't stop immediately, then yes. It's rape.

Yes; it should never have started if someone said no.

I consider that to be rape. See above.

I would too. But you're not going to find many people who agree.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 15:35:27  
Still makes no sense since it has nothing to do with anything I have ever said.
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2013-07-11 15:35:40  
I would too. But you're not going to find many people who agree.
It seems to me that anyone with a decent education is likely to agree.
[+]
By Drjones 2013-07-11 15:39:49  
Still makes no sense since it has nothing to do with anything I have ever said.
You expressed confusion over what Blaze was banging on about. I tried to offer some clarification.
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-11 15:48:35  
It's pretty simple: Equal opportunity violence. If a girl punches me and I punch her back, society is going to come down on me a hell of a lot harder than if our roles were reversed. That's what needs to be fixed. Gender equality means punching girls in the face will be just as socially acceptable as punching guys in the face. We're not there yet. addendum: I do not advocate punching people in the face.
I don't really see where you get that it's socially acceptable for a girl to punch a guy in the face...

You guys are crazy if you think all women get away with physical violence just because they are women...
By Drjones 2013-07-11 15:51:04  
I don't really see where you get that it's socially acceptable for a girl to punch a guy in the face...
It's where it falls on the spectrum. Use your head.

Girls punching guys garners significantly less societal outrage than when a guy hits a girl. Do you disagree?
[+]
 Siren.Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-11 15:52:07  
There is nothing Technical or complicated about rape... It's defined by consent... Whether you have a rape fantasy or not if you engage in a consentual act it is not rape even if the same actions are performed... Consent... to clarify further... Even if the guy/girl has rape fantasies and likes to be dominated or beaten... unless said person consents to those acts with their partner it is rape... even if they like something when you're forced to do it with someone you don't want to... well hopefully you get the idea by now...
You're talking about the legal definition of Rape. I'm not. I'm talking about Rape fantasies, and touching on when it stops or starts being rape. If a women consents to sex, but then changes her mind midway through, but is then forced into continuing, is it rape or consent?
There's your answer.
Kara answered it for me... If someone says to stop you stop... no means no man whether you've started or not... Just because you've started already doesn't mean you've like signed a contract guaranteeing that you finish lol...

Personally I think you'd be nuts to engage in that kind of activity with anyone that you don't complicitly trust because I'm sure your worried about someone crying rape after they've already started up or finished... It's definitely a possibility that they could but like in a lot of cases with rape it turns into a he siad she said...
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 15:53:39  
lets end this on a positive note.
I would gladly allow these girls to whale on me all day.
You win feminists, as long as you look like this. /trollface
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25