users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Nightingale SC Rule
Nightingale SC Rule
 Bismarck.Shirt
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: wik1
By Bismarck.Shirt 2013-06-28 09:33:09  
Could someone please post the Nightingale SC rule? I have all my instruments in the macros already, and have a precast, midcast then my idle set I change into.

I've looked at all the spellcasts I could find, and I don't understand all their rules with & % etc. Is there just a code for if buffactive then I go into my midcast set for precast?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-28 10:24:12  
I use a variable that changes if Nightingale is active. The variable moves the potency gear to precast if it is.

Here's my xml if you want to see how it works.

http://pastebin.com/6LpzhP43
 Cerberus.Kengo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-06-29 06:06:49  
Is there a way to lock your Songbuff set when Nightingale is active?

I love that you share your xml all over this forum, but looking at it gives me a headache. Seeing as you're buffing in full Emp +2, a lot of your sets could be completely deleted, unless I'm missing something important about it. Max Wind and String sets are pretty much useless too.

Can you explain to me, like I'm 5, how your Nightingale rule and variable work?
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2013-06-29 06:35:39  
He has a variable called "when".

His spellcast sets the variable "when" to the value precast when nightingale is active. When nightingale isn't active it sets the value of "when" to midcast.

He uses the variable "when" in his song rules instead of using precast or midcast directly so it does the appropriate action according to whether nightingale is active or not.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-29 12:02:55  
There are quite a number of remnants of older sets in here. The base xml predates abyssea so there are many parts of it that are now rather oddly tangled. If you have an xml already, I could look at it and try to integrate this system in to it.

Or I may just sit down and do a rehaul on a few things. While I do like the flexibility the old parts can provide if it's ever needed, currently it isn't so it's just redundant and could be simplified by quite a bit. Mostly the sets. And I honestly never use string. Daurdabla is the only string instrument I own(and use with songs, I have the haste harp too).

And pretty much what Reain said. It's a modified chainspell/Spontaneity rule I stole out of my brother's rdm xml.

If you just wanted to lock potency gear, you could disable the "Spirit aftercast" rules while Nightingale is up. That would allow gear changes for actual songs that take differing gear but not have a ton of unnecessary aftercasts going off.
 Cerberus.Kengo
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-06-30 02:04:04  
So, Pastebin did a horrible job keeping things in line, however, this is what I've been working on. Certainly not anywhere near complete, haven't been on the past couple of weeks, pc and personal nonsense, blah blah.

http://pastebin.com/u8CeXATW

Now, I'm a new Bard, and understand once I get Daurdabla I want to play some ***dumby songs then over write them with Ghorn. This is what I want to add into it without a ton of useless line parsing.

The use of Pianissimo so I can select a target and still keep my basic song macros set ending with <me> and not <stpc>.

Locking my Songbuff set when Nightingale is active to skip the song precast.

And, rules for Harp, so it will switch to play *** so I can overwrite them with something useful after.

Again, would like it as simple as possible. I thank you for your help.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2013-06-30 07:50:17  
I gave it a shot but I'm not the most competent at spellcast, might be better to wait for someone else to come along.

Right click, save link as.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9871790/Kengo_BRD.xml
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9871790/AutoExec.xml

You will need to use <$songta> in your macros instead of <me> or <stpt> for buffs and you will need autoexec for pianissimo. Download autoexec and put the autoexec.xml in the windower>plugins>autoexec folder.

These spells should cast in Daurdabla.
Aubade
Pastoral
Fantasia
Operetta
Capriccio
Round
Gavotte
Hymnus

Can test it and see if it works. I didn't really get to test it.
 Cerberus.Kengo
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-06-30 15:06:41  
You're a beast!

Took me a second to figure out I had to manually select the target then hit enter to cast the pianissimo song. Is there a way around that so it will just cast?

Still working on harp, so won't know if those rules work, but I'm sure they do.

Thank you very much.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2013-06-30 17:42:47  
Cerberus.Kengo said: »
Took me a second to figure out I had to manually select the target then hit enter to cast the pianissimo song. Is there a way around that so it will just cast?

I think if you change the below it will work but not sure.
Code
<if spell="Pianissimo">
<var cmd="set songta stpt"/>
</if>

to
Code
<if spell="Pianissimo">
<var cmd="set songta t"/>
</if>

Valefor.Angierus said: »
This can be simplified;
Code
<if NotBuffActive="Pianissimo" advanced='"$Pianissimo"="No"'>
    <if NotSpellTargetType="SELF" ValidTarget="SELF">
    <addtochat>Force to Me</addtochat>
    <changetarget target="<me>" />
    </if>
	</if>
if type="JobAbility">
    <if Spell="Pianissimo">
    <var cmd="set Pianissimo Yes" />
    <command>wait 5;Update</command>
    </if>
    <elseif Spell="Tenuto">
    </elseif>
    <elseif Spell="Marcato">
    </elseif>
    <elseif Spell="Nightingale">
	<equip when="precast">
	<feet>Bard's Slippers +2</feet>
	</equip>
    <var cmd="set Nightingale Yes" />
    <command>wait 1;Update</command>
    </elseif>
    <elseif Spell="Troubadour">
	<equip when="precast">
	<body>Bard's Justaucorps +2</body>
	</equip>
    </elseif>
    </if>

I'm not quite sure how this works. Is update a spellcast command? I think this would make me accidentally ballad my entire party if my pianissimo didn't fire though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Reain
By Sylph.Reain 2013-06-30 19:32:20  
It looks like update is a trigger spell in spells.xml in resources.