2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Dear brds of the world, please read me :3
Dear brds of the world, please read me :3
By Creecreelo 2013-06-19 02:36:58  
Odin.Calipso said: »
Creecreelo said: »
Anyway, I really don't think Song swapping would've saved either of our Tojil attempts but the thought did cross our minds if we should do a mid-fight swap.

Do you not swap period or am I reading into that wrong?

Sorry, I meant a mid-fight, second Nitro swap.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-06-19 02:58:04  
It'd suck a little, but it might not too terrible having 1 brd with a carn and 1 without, you'd just have to communicate when to drop/swap parties a little better, and not necessarily time songs at the same time. (except n/t/sv songs).

As an example, when I'm cor for this kinda stuff, it only half/half works out that both cors finish their rolls at the same time, barring things like an 11 or an unlucky bust. If I finished first, I'd just wait for the other cor to drop, then drop myself, or if he finished first I'd just send him a tell when I was done and we'd swap. It's definetly a lot more communicating than being on brd. On brd, we JA/Sing/Drop at nearly exactly the same times.

This is of course assuming that bards have some sort of timer/can expect to know when they're songs are going to be wearing off.

As for Marduk pants, I got them and stopped using them like a day later, I personally don't like them, they tend to not play nice with n/t ballads and af3 legs, plus 4 stat boost from 99 Daur isn't exactly something to laugh at, but some brds enjoy the extra 12/24 seconds. To each their own I guess!
By Creecreelo 2013-06-19 03:10:19  
Definitely agree with you on Marduk Pants for Ballads. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if the Whm/Mages ran away from the DD after getting their initial two Daur songs (so for example Marchx2/Daurdablax2, Whm runs away, Minuetx2 DD, Balladx2 Whm), but it's just simpler to not use Marduk pants and better if you aren't needing that extra 24 seconds.