New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Faster Exp: FoV or Party
Faster Exp: FoV or Party
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-05 16:35:07  
That's fine, that's obviously your right. But, it's a fair observation that if it was something that was important to a person, they would do it...and I totally appreciate the people that are willing to make the sacrifice to make the party better by at least trying to put on some decent gear for the level.

I know a lot of people are like "Dunes Party, *** it, there will be a PL", but I dunno, I've always taken the time to gear up appropriately, and I wish more people would, too. I don't like muling ***all over any more then anyone else, but I'm willing to do it, even if it's a Qufim party or something...
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-07-05 16:35:11  
i'd like another mog satchel...who is with me!

seriously though, AH slots are priceless. i'd rather go to a level sync PT with 75 gear than buy new gear i'll just sell right after the party. i'll just buy better food which i'd end up using anyways rather than buy lower armor. it really depends on the level though.

i'd definitely buy a weapon though.
 Ragnarok.Azura
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: azura84
By Ragnarok.Azura 2009-07-05 16:44:27  
I know it's not on topic per-sa; Rule of thumb: Make the Sync person the leader... I dunno how many times i've seen either the leader or the synced person DC or zone and everyone losses the exp and field support. Reduce those odds from 1/3 to 1/6.

As for FoV and PT's, It's all a matter of what you have avalible, and what you want to do. If you love to solo, FoV all the way baby. If you want a party, I would still suggest you do FoV in the surrounding area's for which you may get a PT. Such as If you're 15 and waiting for a dunes party, instead of sitting around with your thumb in your anus go get a page from Highlands or Plateau and get something done in the meantime.

As for when you're actually in parties, a lot of times it's ok to ignore FoV but if you can PT near the Manual and get Pages as you finish them/day changes, then all the more useful. If you have to camp a decent ways away from your Manual though I do not suggest bothering to get pages, because in the time it takes to dodge aggro and run all the way back to it, you could easily have gotten the 400-1000 exp and not risked death, zoneing, etc. I do recommend using Field support though, most definately from 1-30, after which it can be useful but like EXP pages, most of the time it's just not worth the traveling to renew every hour.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-07-05 18:51:13  
I prefer FoV also. It Offers alot to the individual. XP, Farm items, Gil is steady, Skillups and treasure casket items.. And you get to keep it all.
Plus with my nin/dnc , I have no downtime, chain pulling is cake. Also, there is no waiting in town for an invite.
Im in mid 60s and FoV solo only i can level every few days.
 Fenrir.Wynnia
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2009-07-05 22:15:38  
Alijah said:
Not to mention, all the Level sync gear is scaled (even the negative stats, so -50 HP wouldnt necessarily be -50 HP.

Squenix must hate me because I'm pretty sure I've never had negative stats scale. In fact, it even states on the Playonline Website that it doesn't scale, unless they've made an update to it.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11eu/detail/3662/detail.html
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-06 05:04:56  
FoV is very good at low levels, but as you get higher, it fails to compete with parties.

However, FoV exp > lfp exp in Whitegate.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-07-06 05:44:22  
Solve prob and do both at same time.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-07-06 06:06:19  
Wynnia said:
Alijah said:
Not to mention, all the Level sync gear is scaled (even the negative stats, so -50 HP wouldnt necessarily be -50 HP.

Squenix must hate me because I'm pretty sure I've never had negative stats scale. In fact, it even states on the Playonline Website that it doesn't scale, unless they've made an update to it.

When my DRK hit 58, I got a Vassago's Scythe. When I was in a party synced to 56 I actually had more hp than when I was 58. (This made me lol.)
Also, synced Dusk gear doesn't have movement decrease.

Anyways, back to the topic, one thing to remember, when soloing FoV, you are less likely to get a party. This is because leaders usually choose members that are closer to the party area.
 Hades.Arkhelshar
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Arkhelshar 2009-07-06 07:18:49  
Quote:
Alijah said:

Minor detail but negative stat are fully kept, try to equip a Errant Houpelande in a sync, you get all the negative.

Back on topic

FoV is a nice addition but limited to once a gameday. A full long time party is still better if you can find/make one quick. But FoV can be a nice alternative when you don't have long enough to make it worth in a party.
 Seraph.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Seraph
user: Kyaaadaa
By Seraph.Kyaaadaa 2009-07-06 07:51:02  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
people that DO know better don't give a ***enough to even gear up correctly for a sync party.

I don't think I would go that far. If they're syncing down to pt with LS mates because they couldn't find other people, you can't fault them. I'm not going to go to the AH and buy 50k in low level gear that I sold not two months prior because I finally don't need it anymore. It's a benchmarker for some people when they realize that they have their jobs where any and every piece of gear pre-37 is now obsolete, and they can sell it without looking back. I would hate to be helping out a friend and have someone come up "omg your a noob because you didn't keep your gimp *** Solid Wand"... "I have 8/8 HQ staves, go'way!"

On the other hand, if its a first job, who just got their AF, but still have their lower gear... *** em out a little, make them realize they fked up, then move on. People will either get it, or suck and fail at life.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-07-06 08:11:30  
Well considering the crap gear I usually wear for low levels jobs (random event gear and such that I have lying around), any of my 75 gear scaled down is likely to be better.
 Fenrir.Alijah
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-07-06 09:26:08  
Wynnia said:
Alijah said:

Never knew that, as I said, I dont sync too often. :X I haven't leveled a job past 37 since I finished Bard, and that was before sync even came out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-07-06 09:52:44  
I've been duoing with my girlfriend since she started playing. Since she's leveling for the first time, I tend to sync with her.

Out of curiosity I've compared our stats with different gear on. For example, at level 10 she has leather gear. Syncing down with lizard gear on ends up being pretty much the same. I'm sure that at higher levels there are more variables (such as the -hp gear), but I don't see it as a big deal.

Like #2 I'm in the process of getting everything up to certain level ranges to get rid of old armor. Only one job is lower than 7. Once BLU hits 7, everything is gradually going up to 17 for lizard. I'm tired of stashing low level gear and having to switch depending on what I'm leveling.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-06 10:05:49  
Check my item sets for all the gear sets for my different jobs and try to store low level gear for the random sync pt. Not to mention pop sets I carry for LS, food, ammos, meds, warp cuds, Mining gear/pick axe, abc's, etc.

People with many jobs simply aren't going to have the capacity to hold on to lower lvl crap.

To the OP. A good pt will always beat FOV, even dunes. I jumped on blu the other day and sync'd down to the dunes with my wife's PLD and she went from 16>22 in about 4 hours with no PL. If the members know what they are doing, you don't overcamp and make good use of the FOV augments, dunes/quif pts can actually be really good.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-06 10:32:49  
It's been my experience that parties sort of suck. Oftentimes I'll get into a party, and it'll be awful because half the DD's are afk, or the healer won't heal anyone, or the tank doesn't know what provoke means. There have been about 4 parties I've been in (ever) that were really good, and almost every time we xp for maybe half an hour or 45 mins before the party broke up. What a waste. So while an xp party might get you more xp per kill, I still prefer FoV. I don't have to wait for a group, I don't have to worry about noobs in the party, I don't have to worry about anyone being afk. I don't have to worry about anyone but myself. That's good for me! (Usually, since I duo with my husband, it's not actually solo'ing FoV but considering we're in the same room and can communicate while we play, we make a much better team than trying to duo with pals in-game and still don't have to worry about anyone else.)
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 10:39:50  
a tank who doesn't know how to provoke is SAD, super duper extra saturated sad!

Yet I've come across the unfortunate souls who fit in that group.

Then there are THFs who don't know what SATA is, I cry on the inside.

AND THEN AND THE AND THEN... WHITE MAGES THAT DON'T CURE!!!!!!!!!

Whose gonna cure if the WHM of the party doesn't cure?!
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-07-06 10:56:32  
Speaking of my experience only, I would say that a party is generally better exp than FoV is. However, FoV has the element of convenience, whereas a party can be a bit more stressful. Especially when it's with a bunch of strangers.

If you're going solo and don't mind the slow-but-steady method, then FoV is awesome. However; if a party invite comes your way, jump on it. Even better if you're able to do pages while you party. Just pray that you don't get one of those parties where it's built around the FoV page.

I've had a couple of times where we kill exactly what's on the page requirements, then kill a bunch of EP-DC nonsense until the day changes instead of staying with the IT enemies.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-07-06 11:20:58  
If you guys really want to stop having bad experiences with xp pts, quit lfg and just start building your own pts. I know some people don't like to be lead, but when you build your own, you get the jobs you want and can just boot people who suck too badly.
 Cerberus.Hikuzo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hikuzo
By Cerberus.Hikuzo 2009-07-06 12:08:43  
Its called Campaign Battle XD

and if your low level its called making your own damn party >_<
 Bahamut.Citag
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 12:10:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Frobeus said:
quit lfg and just start building your own pts. .

People who complain about slow invites or crappy pts drive me nuts. I had an old friend who would whine all day about not partying, yet he would NEVER create his own party. I understand not wanting to lead a party, but at least try it out. Often times you can just ask people in your group where they want to xp if your unsure. There really isnt much "leading" to be done in a normal
xp situations.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-07-06 12:15:30  
FoV + Blm burn in qufim island can be wicked amazing Exp for 19-24ish. Granted you can only get so good at blasting things away at lvl 24 and your uncapped skills soon becomes a problem. But for me this worked out great, I had a ls buddy that mastered this and did Qufim Island Blm burns every night and with the right gear on blm and a good puller you can easily get 17k+ xp/hour which is pure sex for anything ~55. I did sch to 37 (started in qufim @13 and just leeched my way before I started helping at 19) and blm from 17 to 62 in less than 2 weeks. Yes I know ppl will want to flame me because my blm has yet to leave Qufim but since I have rdm all my skills are capped and it was an incredibly easy way to get from 17~62 without soloing any of it. The key to getting great exp is the puller and good gear for the blm's (lvl-sync gear sucks for this gotta get the most Int you can for lvl 21 and enjoy.)
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 12:24:04

Blm burn are fun, but I've had a lot of fun soloing as well. Ive gotten just as much xp soloing as I would have in a regular xp party.
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-07-06 12:24:04  
Citag said:
Frobeus said:

People who complain about slow invites or crappy pts drive me nuts. I had an old friend who would whine all day about not partying, yet he would NEVER create his own party. I understand not wanting to lead a party, but at least try it out. Often times you can just ask people in your group where they want to xp if your unsure. There really isnt much "leading" to be done in a normal
xp situations.

It's all good and well to try and build your own party, except when the jobs seeking aren't the ones you need or you've already had bad experiences with the people who are seeking. That being said, I don't whine and cry in-game about sucky parties, the only reason I mentioned it on here was to answer the OP's question. I prefer FoV over crappy parties. That doesn't mean I spend my days whining about it, though that seems to be how my comment was taken. I'm sorry if I stated it in a confusing way.

My favorite whiney-party story: A ls mate was mad because he'd been seeking for about 4 hours with no invites. He wouldn't shut up, he was just angry as can be. So I /sea'd him to see if he had an event or something listed in his /sea comment to make people not invite him, and he was anoned! Fail! Poor guy, I felt bad but had to laugh at him!
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 12:25:58

Liela said:
Citag said:
Frobeus said:

xp situations.

It's all good and well to try and build your own party, except when the jobs seeking aren't the ones you need or you've already had bad experiences with the people who are seeking. That being said, I don't whine and cry in-game about sucky parties, the only reason I mentioned it on here was to answer the OP's question. I prefer FoV than crappy parties. That doesn't mean I spend my days whining about it, though that seems to be how my comment was taken. I'm sorry if I stated it in a confusing way.

My favorite whiney-party story: A ls mate was mad because he'd been seeking for about 4 hours with no invites. He wouldn't shut up, he was just angry as can be. So I /sea'd him to see if he had an event or something listed in his /sea comment to make people not invite him, and he was anoned! Fail! Poor guy, I felt bad but had to laugh at him!

My apologies, I didnt mean for it to come off as a negative post towards you, more so just that person I was talking about lol. And I understand every situation is unique as to the reason behind lfp or making your own, I just hate when people complain and never do anything about it themeselves. Again, not to say thats what you are doing.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 12:27:30  
Liela said:
A ls mate was mad because he'd been seeking for about 4 hours with no invites. He wouldn't shut up, he was just angry as can be. So I /sea'd him to see if he had an event or something listed in his /sea comment to make people not invite him, and he was anoned! Fail! Poor guy, I felt bad but had to laugh at him!

I've done that a few times. Back in the pre-level sync days, sitting in Kazham as a 26 MNK with my flag up...hours and hours and hours go by, then to finally realize I was /anon and wanna /wrists.

It was hard enough getting parties out there for a DD in those days, I sat there for hours lfg WITHOUT /anon on lol...
 Bahamut.Citag
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-06 12:35:35

It always makes me laugh when I do /sea all inv xx-xx and get someoen who is /anon.
 Valefor.Opia
サーバ: Valefor
user: Opia
By Valefor.Opia 2009-07-06 12:42:23  
Or people that put their flag up and AFK. I think that grinds my gears the most.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.