Does SE Rly Listen?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Does SE rly listen?
Does SE rly listen?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-07 16:59:27  
A Rdm with better staff choices and high enough skill to get Spirit Taker would be pretty broken. >.>
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-07-07 17:01:55  
I agree with one of the posters on WHM being treated like a third-rate healer these days. I've decided to just level it and make that my new job.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-07 17:03:11  
In terms of parties, yeah Whm is the last one wanted to main heal. Endgame though, Sch and Rdm cannot replace the healing power of a Whm.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 17:12:06  
Haseyo said:
In terms of parties, yeah Whm is the last one wanted to main heal. Endgame though, Sch and Rdm cannot replace the healing power of a Whm.

The same goes with PLD. No one wants a PLD in higher level parties, but there can't be endgame without PLDs.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-07 17:14:53  
And Blm!
And Pu- wait...
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-07 17:17:51  
That's why people with Paladin 75 rarely 'xp' it. All you see Paladins doing in 'Merit' parties is getting buffer. People merit for their Paladins on other jobs. And the same can be said for Thief (generally) and Summoner. Most only want very specific jobs / eq setups for a Merit party to maximize efficiency.
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-07-07 18:29:15  
Raise a brd to merit other jobs. You get invites before you can gear, takes 10 minutes to level from 1-75 and JP parties will invite you.

EDIT: That being said I want BST or SMN to get a call choco! Or smn call ChocoGA! Free choco for everyone.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 18:42:11  
Phalon said:
That being said I want BST or SMN to get a call choco! Or smn call ChocoGA! Free choco for everyone.

Then your MP runs out. Next to the Ameretats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-07 18:50:54  
Phalon said:
Raise a brd to merit other jobs. You get invites before you can gear, takes 10 minutes to level from 1-75 and JP parties will invite you.

EDIT: That being said I want BST or SMN to get a call choco! Or smn call ChocoGA! Free choco for everyone.

LOL. Also, @bart, I'll consider playing again if BLM gets patched. We haven't gotten anything after T2 merits...which everyone got. :/ MNK for that crappy footwork thing!
 Midgardsormr.Aarahs
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Aarahs
By Midgardsormr.Aarahs 2009-07-07 19:00:49  
Summoner is still waiting for those two new avatars...
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-07 19:01:48  
*** job updates, I'm still waiting for that DX9 upgrade we were promised 2 years ago... >.<
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-07 19:02:35  
Aarahs said:

I'm willing to bet money that update is in four or eight months when they finish WotG...every two months they update and it's alternating between nation quests and missions. So in four months more missions, and in eight. :/ Money's on whichever Cait Sith lives.
 Bahamut.Citag
サーバ: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-07-07 19:09:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Haseyo said:
And Blm!
And Pu- wait...

puppet, just say it! I'd love to just have a lower Activate recast ><
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 19:11:22  
Aarahs said:

SE has been saying SMN would be getting new avatars for like 4 years now. Ever since CoP came out, there were supposed to be 3 avatars, but they only added Diabolos. Said they were working on others. And have said the same thing at every Fanfest since then.
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-08 05:49:54  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
*** job updates, I'm still waiting for that DX9 upgrade we were promised 2 years ago... >.<

Keep waiting. SE said in an interview long time ago they gave up on it since it was too hard. And since most of the staff seems to be working on XIV now...

As for my opinion, I don't think SE listens at all. After all when level sync came out someone asked in an interview about not getting skill ups if you're capped for the level you're synced at, SE said they're aware of it and when the update came around they didn't do anything to it and instead we got a /bell command...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 07:08:15  
CAN PUP GET LOWER ACTIVATION TIME, BETTER GEAR, AND MORE PUP FRAMES?!
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2009-07-08 15:09:58  
No more ideas for new update? ^^
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-08 15:12:35  
Just patiently waiting for the real details.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-07-08 15:14:33  
lolpup

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=15373
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-08 15:41:37  
oh thats just wrong, you're just wrong dude -_-
 Cerberus.Nieko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-07-08 15:45:18  
i got a nice lol outta that
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-08 15:51:50  
Corrderio said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Keep waiting. SE said in an interview long time ago they gave up on it since it was too hard. And since most of the staff seems to be working on XIV now...

As for my opinion, I don't think SE listens at all. After all when level sync came out someone asked in an interview about not getting skill ups if you're capped for the level you're synced at, SE said they're aware of it and when the update came around they didn't do anything to it and instead we got a /bell command...

I never understood why people bitched about this. If I synced my BLM down to 30, it's not a 75BLM anymore stats-wise, it's a 30BLM. The game is going to treat it as a 30BLM for skills, as it should.

Better example: my DRG is sitting at 38 for various reasons. If I take it to a Promyvion run, it's capped at 30. My skill cap at 30 is xxx. What kind of sense does it make for a level 30 character to gain skills beyond its current level?

SE is indeed aware of it... and I'd say it's working as intended. Quit bitching and go skillup between parties.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 16:23:53  
Nightfyre said:
I never understood why people bitched about this. If I synced my BLM down to 30, it's not a 75BLM anymore stats-wise, it's a 30BLM. The game is going to treat it as a 30BLM for skills, as it should.

I never understood it either. Finally, after many years go by, and parties were harder and harder to get at certain level ranges (38-54 was a real ***) SE finally introduced Level Sync, and it has been a freaking godsend...it makes sense that you can't skill up beyond the capped level in a group, because if you could, then EVERYONE would always sync to those magic levels where everything is pretty easy and you'd never see any variation on that, because, as we all know, a lot of people have one set mindset on things and that's the way it always is (the homogeneous party configurations attests to that). Instead of a certain job being required to party, it'd be a certain level... ("55 or GTFO, we only do Lesser Colibri...")

All in all, it's a way to encourage people to actually level close to their actual level...and you can't sync a job to a Qufim party all the way to 75 and have no detriment at all. Think Level Sync creates bad players now? Wait until we can skill up fully synced to 20, and you'll see LOTS worse players out there LOL

I liken it to the big windowed mode whining that went on when it was released. For years and years people *** and complain that you can't window the game, and then SE finally relents and releases it, and people can't be happy with it. I know people complain that it lags them out (which I can't understand, cuz everyone I know that uses it, myself included, has zero extra lag when windowed...) but honestly, I think a lot of people used that as an excuse to continue to use unofficial windower with their TParty, APRadar, and other various plugins. Not that I have any issues with that, but be honest, you use it for the plugins...
 Carbuncle.Corrderio
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Corrderio
By Carbuncle.Corrderio 2009-07-08 16:49:12  
Sadly Xxnumbertwoxx, that already exists. People at 55+ act like the only mobs you can EXP off of are Colibri. I seen plenty of people make BS excuses not to PT on Defoliators or Puks. And in some cases some jobs have to take whatever they can get. I can LFG for hours on end for Monk and have to take whatever I can get. I try to make my own PTs but that's easier said than done since key jobs (tanks and healers) is usually hard.
 Odin.Mugeded
サーバ: Odin
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 17:38:31  
TOTALLY agreed with that! i mean people that i know that still dont have TOAU is SOL. but this is the world we living in only wants one thing and one thing only. /cry
i mean what if all those areas are full to pt in? disband party? or move on to the orginal areas like range?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 17:41:49  
Mugeded said:
i mean what if all those areas are full to pt in? disband party? or move on to the orginal areas like range?

Oh no no no, if they're full you just camp on top of another party. Isn't that how it works out there?
 Odin.Mugeded
サーバ: Odin
user: bert92020
By Odin.Mugeded 2009-07-08 18:22:55  
LOL, i see
you be one of those guys who steals' other pt's mob, and then later on you get a angry tell from someone said 'hey can you {[please]} {[Stop!]} stealing our mobs!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-08 18:37:25  
I'm particularly a big fan of the peeps that are like "Oh, we'll just camp right around the corner, they'll never notice we're pulling from the same mobs!"

Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-08 21:32:16  
Corrderio said:
Sadly Xxnumbertwoxx, that already exists. People at 55+ act like the only mobs you can EXP off of are Colibri. I seen plenty of people make BS excuses not to PT on Defoliators or Puks. And in some cases some jobs have to take whatever they can get. I can LFG for hours on end for Monk and have to take whatever I can get. I try to make my own PTs but that's easier said than done since key jobs (tanks and healers) is usually hard.

Soloing is fun!

Seriously, if my flag's up I'm always doing something else, usually soloing, farming, or fishing. I get EXP just fine, even on less desirable jobs.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8