users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Problems with Ballads not overwriting
Problems with Ballads not overwriting
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2013-05-12 08:22:45  
As the topic reads, I am having problems with one of my ballads overwriting my melee songs. I will sing marches/madrigals on the front line, then come back to the mages to sing both ballads. The problem is, one of the melee songs will stay on me while the ballads overwrite each other. Sometimes it will take 2 or 3 rotations of ballads for both to finally stick on me. The mages tell me they have both ballads up after I sing the first time. The problem is on myself alone it seems.

Not using N/T or Tenuto if that matters. I am using Windower4 with default autoload plugins. Its not a graphical glitch or anything since my refresh will go from 3(ballad III) to 2(ballad II), rather than 5.

What am I missing here?
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-12 08:42:41  
Instruments are? My guess Aby harp for ballads(+1) and for the others +2-+3 songs... If you cast ballads right after casting others songs with higher potency ballads will overwrite ballads, only way to fix this... Gjallarhorn,

Actually, or wait ~30-45 secs to cast ballads.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-12 08:43:53  
Order of operations with songs. Basically, the song that gets overwritten is the one with the least duration remaining.

Edit for the rest of the crap I said... Didn't realize the instrument difference you had and my tests showed it worked fine for me since my +'s were even on both marches and ballads.
 Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Azzariah
By Quetzalcoatl.Azzariah 2013-05-12 08:47:24  
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Gonna try spacing songs out as we speak. Seems I need to start working on my Gjallarhorn....
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-12 09:31:29  
Asura.Aikchan said: »
Instruments are? My guess Aby harp for ballads(+1) and for the others +2-+3 songs... If you cast ballads right after casting others songs with higher potency ballads will overwrite ballads, only way to fix this... Gjallarhorn,

Actually, or wait ~30-45 secs to cast ballads.

I think just waiting 24 secs should be enough since +2 would give 24. And that 24 seconds should start from the moment you'd cast your last melee song and end when you cast your second ballad. So you could cast the first ballad without waiting at all and then just wait say 10-15 seconds for the second ballad?

Testing timing would be best but I think that should work.