2010-06-21
New Items
users online
Crash
 Leviathan.Dwb
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dwb 2013-05-08 13:51:42  
Anyone else crashing when loads you char?
 Asura.Braig
サーバ: Asura
user: braigos
By Asura.Braig 2013-05-08 13:54:05  
Yes
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-08 13:54:54  
Are you using Cupper/Clipper? There have been reports that it broke again and crashes people.
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2013-05-08 13:55:52  
Linked to Cupper I think. No crash since I took it off. Would crash a few seconds after loading it.
 Asura.Braig
By Asura.Braig 2013-05-08 14:02:59  
I play on 360 and it crashes each time I load character since update completed.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-05-08 14:20:51  
Asura.Braig said: »
I play on 360 and it crashes each time I load character since update completed.

Then why on earth are you posting in the Windower section.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-05-08 14:26:29  
lol
 Asura.Braig
By Asura.Braig 2013-05-08 14:48:55  
It's happening on both so hard to say if it is just to do with windower. Exactly the same problem.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2013-05-14 12:18:03  
Not sure entirely what causes this but I figure this is the same issue...

I load up the game, click agree and then randomly sometimes the game freezes (not crash) while the loading bar fills up. I have a hunch that this is possibly caused by whenever I update a plugin from the Windower 4 loadup screen. I say this because it always seems to load fine if I login again without the launcher downloading anything however I did have the rare case of this freezing issue happening 5 times in a row... That hasn't happened since (long time ago).

Not sure if this is related but it seems to freeze when the console states loading find plugin; I doubt that helps much? :X

edit: also not using clipper or cupper or any of that super cheating ****.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-05-14 15:34:25  
Cerberus.Weissberv said: »

I load up the game, click agree and then randomly sometimes the game freezes (not crash) while the loading bar fills up. I have a hunch that this is possibly caused by whenever I update a plugin from the Windower 4 loadup screen. I say this because it always seems to load fine if I login again without the launcher downloading anything however I did have the rare case of this freezing issue happening 5 times in a row... That hasn't happened since (long time ago).

Not sure if this is related but it seems to freeze when the console states loading find plugin; I doubt that helps much? :X

I think this is a different issue than the OP... I've seen both incidents:
1.) Game crashes after you choose your character, and the bar fills up (right before the interface appears). Crash gives the Windows error stating the program needs to close or w/e (same message you get on /shutdown).
2.) Game freezes shortly after you hit "I Accept" (or whatever the button you press is when you go into the actual game client from POL Launcher). FFXI process is hard locked, requiring an "End Task" from task manager to close.

I've mostly seen issue #1 when changing chars, and can usually avoid it by unloading Guildwork before changing.

Issue #2 seems to happen when the plugins autoload (which is 5 seconds after the client launches), but is not consistent. I don't use the Find plugin, so it's not that one. I've had it happen on both of my accounts (I launch 1 in a larger window than the other), but it's more likely to happen on my 2nd char... but again, it's not persistent.

I have a hunch that this is possibly caused by whenever I update a plugin from the Windower 4 loadup screen.
Oddly enough, the 2nd window I open never has to update, as the first window would have downloaded any available updates already. Maybe my 2nd Windower instance is trying to access a file the first one is using for some reason (and maybe something similar when it comes to the update process, since it happens for you when you're not dual boxing).

I dunno, I'm grasping at straws here. I mostly wanted to clarify the different types of crashes I've noticed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel 2013-05-14 16:10:25  
I also been having crashes.....but when I exit the game though.
Maybe it is because I am new to windower but I have been getting a lot of crashes when I shutdown the game via /shutdown or hitting red X and clicking "Terminate". Anyone else having this problem as well?
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-05-14 16:24:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel said: »
Maybe it is because I am new to windower but I have been getting a lot of crashes when I shutdown the game via /shutdown or hitting red X and clicking "Terminate". Anyone else having this problem as well?
That's a known issue. Some players just do //terminate as an alternative to shutting down regularly, as it ends the POL process without a crash.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel 2013-05-14 17:01:40  
Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Sentinel said: »
That's a known issue. Some players just do //terminate as an alternative to shutting down regularly, as it ends the POL process without a crash.

Thank you for the help and information ^-^
 Valefor.Motwo
サーバ: Valefor
user: Somma
By Valefor.Motwo 2013-05-14 21:54:43  

I have this issue and I figured it out to be my anti virus. All I do is completely shut it off for 5mins till it loads the game then I turn it back on and the problem's gone. Before this I would lose audio after an hour of fighting or afking I couldn't zone or change chars without crashing, but shutting off the anti virus before the load up did the trick. The settings I shut off were on-access virus scanning and active virus control both needed to be off in order for it to work, if not it would still crash if one was left on.
 Cerberus.Mirril
サーバ: Cerberus
user: flywacket
By Cerberus.Mirril 2013-05-14 22:06:27  
My game crashes when I /shutdown. This crash is always due to the distance plugin (distance.dll). Unloading before shutdown always stops the crashing for me.
My friend has been experiencing intermittent crashes during character changes and whatnot. Not related to clipper as we don't use that. Might be find plugin.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2013-05-16 09:11:30  
Cerberus.Mirril said: »
My friend has been experiencing intermittent crashes during character changes and whatnot. Not related to clipper as we don't use that. Might be find plugin.

I can change characters one time. After that, it crashes more times than not. Sounds like I'm having the same problem but I don't use Find or Clipper. I can watch the bar fill all the way up as it loads the character, but after the screen flashes, it crashes. The menu music stops and it always feels like it's about to start playing the mog house music when it crashes. I log all the way back in and I have to sit there in the character menu for about 3-4 minutes before it'll let me load my character.
By Ophannus 2013-05-17 16:51:31  
I just turned off my comp after an afternoon of delve. Turned it back on and now, twice, when logging on, I crash as my plugins are loading. Like as they're loading, I'm running around right as it says "Welcome to Odin!" and then I freeze within 2 seconds while all the red text is filling up my console. Not sure why, its never done this before until 10min ago, not running clipper/cupper at all.

Edit maybe it's cureplease/exiled, i still have those on, lemme check
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-05-17 17:04:42  
Ophannus said: »
I just turned off my comp after an afternoon of delve. Turned it back on and now, twice, when logging on, I crash as my plugins are loading. Like as they're loading, I'm running around right as it says "Welcome to Odin!" and then I freeze within 2 seconds while all the red text is filling up my console. Not sure why, its never done this before until 10min ago, not running clipper/cupper at all.

Edit maybe it's cureplease/exiled, i still have those on, lemme check

No, i'm crashing too as soon as it gets to the point where battlemod would say "filters loaded yay" in pink text and I'm not running any third party (other than windower).

edit~ i survived the crash this time and got "lua-not enough memory" in my log.
By Ophannus 2013-05-17 17:29:18  
I get those lua not enough memory too since installing azureset/plasmod, wonder if theres a cap on how many add ons you can use
By Sockfoot 2013-05-17 17:32:27  
Also getting the error... //lua unloadall for the moment I guess
By Ophannus 2013-05-17 17:35:04  
Got this weird error in the console upon startup
something like

Attempting to concactenate 'str' value(a nil value)

Apparently it doesn't cause a fatal crash, I thought it did because everything freezes for 20 seconds and then, then it says LUA -- Not Enough Memory. Weird.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-05-17 17:35:24  
pretty sure its battlemod? thats the only lua thing i had loaded and it kept doing it till i unloaded
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-05-17 17:44:40  
Ok this is what happens to me step by step.

1) When I load the game after hitting Accept the red text fills up my console.

2) My character loads and I can run around for 2-3 seconds, but shortly after I see the server message about the time where my /lsmes appears I freeze.

3) After 30-45 seconds, I unfreeze and my console says

LUA -- Not enough memory.

4)By this time I have disconnected because during that time where my game is frozen, the server things I crashed and DC's me, so the second I unfreeze it says "Server timed out" and takes me back to the title screen.

Nothing changed today except I loaded azuresets/plasmod for the first time but i deleted those thinking it would solve it; didn't.

By Ophannus 2013-05-17 17:48:56  
Was battlemod updated today? It crashed when it says default filters loaded. Weird.
By Smokingjoe 2013-05-17 18:16:29  
Same freezing problem here as well. Re-started my computer, and now I can't get on game at all. Keeps freezing at the "setting up" screen with the blue bar moving to the right.
By Meeeeeep 2013-05-17 19:28:33  
Having the same issues myself, unloading battlemod fixed it instantly.
 Lakshmi.Pud
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2013-05-18 05:38:30  
Can report same issue here
By Yandaime 2013-06-05 14:50:22  
Hello I just did a fresh install on a new PC and Windower flat out crashes on the very attempt to load PoL.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
[ 4.0.4890.17383 ] 2013-06-05 12:14:57.8822880 UTC
---------------------------------------------------------------------
System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at #=qdJDer2Fvty0Bvl1Ni7j8TbxeLgLklgq0ixO6_eZCmaQ=.#=q0ETVMH0JFffrZEPsp6O_2w==(String #=qkOw3mZMlMVPchBEg1MZdIA==, #=qYzqXXolfMeNdmdT7O3HWz0pf2qnDaZ00LzAE6gKJfwA= #=q6Mn$eMsC3PXFc8Ox1bM2hQ==, TimeSpan #=qPQByBsSdcnq6YTNyzqpptg==)
at #=qdJDer2Fvty0Bvl1Ni7j8TbxeLgLklgq0ixO6_eZCmaQ=.#=qYTCFKCdQAKAX3xHQxzO4VA==(String #=q9N4yUZ1ymcv8HrIdlB39Sg==, #=qYzqXXolfMeNdmdT7O3HWz0pf2qnDaZ00LzAE6gKJfwA= #=qrNpnMEkZScehrmtS1BfqqQ==)
at #=qNOHDHz9hm9sgKhplLSW1vD9tIz1qDgKkBUjd4z$uXxg=.#=q5Ou66kB59q4UqjCTyoS5yQ==()
at #=qGJkuNjOEBU3Eh7Qb62GuvJkyJwR1MKvZS_Z7hIKVy04=.#=q_RFEvs3lOd579pudnarpuw==(#=qFYidEfM4VrEH5OZ_mBn1Ug== #=q1vFrI78K3ZwZ4X5V5sflvQ==)
at #=qFYidEfM4VrEH5OZ_mBn1Ug==.#=qy$XIwBXQ3gy3Ve$ETobyHw==()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

This was the data recorded in the Crash log. What on earth is going on that I cant use windower? O.o; And is there anything I can do to fix this?

Operating System: Windows 7 could that be the problem? *shrugs*

*Edit*

Fount It <.<; the current Windower 4 Download's Hook.dll is outdated. I simply took the hook from the current Windower 3 (updated for Adoulin) and Now it's letting me load up <.<; Was that just a random oversight?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-06-06 09:26:19  
each time i go to "shut down" POL i crash