フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 41 42 43
 Odin.Niteanjel
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: NiteAnjel
By Odin.Niteanjel 2016-04-14 20:49:35  
Hey guys, can anyone share w/ me their BLM.Lua im looking for an up to date one that has Magic_Burst functions etc. :)
By Armyguy 2016-04-14 20:52:01  
https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/BLM.lua
 Asura.Patb
サーバ: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-04-16 16:55:03  
Does anyone have an lua that has death sets and mechanics in it? I'm just starting to gear up blm.
 Ragnarok.Scada
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: salmooh
By Ragnarok.Scada 2016-04-17 12:37:19  
Days now im thinking of how i will use GS for death and its really annoying.
last thing i was thinking off that i will stop GS and use death on old school macro set.
if there is a GS file can help with Death Please share with us.
By Yandaime 2016-04-17 12:48:10  
Only solution I can think of for Death is to have a toggle in the Lua that puts you in "Death" mode. I believe that if you are going to be bursting Death, it would be pre-planned so I would just create a toggle specifically for Death that keeps as much MP on the player as possible during all phases of all casts and idles. This can also be done for "Bursting" period or you can assign Bursting sets to spells you wouldn't normally free-cast like Tier 4+

Not the most elegant solution but it's practical (right?)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-04-17 13:35:52  
Yes exactly, you want a toggle just like PDT/MDT/Movement, I call it HighMP

so when I toggle to HighMP then it idles me in my highMP gear, I have a special set for Death fastcast and Midcast. My short coming is if i cast other spells while in highMP mode it steals my MP, would be nice to have a HighMP precast/midcast for things you may want to cast while waiting to cast death,

Ie: haste/voidstorm/refresh/stoneskin/aspirs
By Isilrhofal 2016-04-17 20:59:09  
Here is my BLM.lua .
It's a big mess as I keep adding stuff but usually am to lazy to clean up or simplify some of the code - but so far it still works.

http://pastebin.com/mR9kEtsG

Some added features compared to Motentent original:
-- Automatic Spell adjustment T6 >, Aspir, Sleep, -ja, Cure (This is normally in my globals as I use this on several jobs)
-- Mana wall option for Feet and Back
-- Auto Lock Slots for gear as mecisto. Mantle, Warp ring
Note: Mana wall WILL overwrite this, since I want to make sure I always have full effect.
-- Death Set (got this is a mess of script in my case, and doesn't work yet as I would like it to since it still switches my gear. But I know this and know how to avoid losing MP (feel free to share any solution you have) CTRL + F12 to toggle. If enable mode has NOT been enabled ( F9 ) this will switch your staff and cause you to loose TP.
-- Auto MP Return AF Body ( CTRL + ` ) @Never, 35% MPP, 60% MPP or Always (helps in boring enduring fights where you want to keep mp over an extended amount of time. e.g. Vagary, APEX, etc)
-- Hachirin-no-obi for weather. I just added Death to this (I had the obi permanently in before), but had no time to test. You can find the previous version here should something fail: http://pastebin.com/LEUxq3N0
-- Mode to be permanently in MBurst ( ALT + ` ) set so that you can easily double tap. (no need to waste MP) Modes: none, temp, perma
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-17 21:01:45  
If you want to add Death functionality to a pre-existing gearswap, add

if spell.english == 'Death' then
equip(sets.midcast.Death)

end

to
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

and make a sets.midcast.Death

for example, mine is

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and state.Obi.value then
equip(sets.Obi)

end

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and state.MagicBurst.value then
equip(sets.magic_burst)
end

end

order matters in the functions, i have it set up so that obi and mb toggles don't overwrite my death set so i don't have to worry about toggling them. it obviously depends on the person but you could change this if you wanted to
By Isilrhofal 2016-04-17 21:11:32  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
If you want to add Death functionality to a pre-existing gearswap, add

end

to

and make a sets.midcast.Death

for example, mine is

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and state.Obi.value then
equip(sets.Obi)

end

if spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' and state.MagicBurst.value then
equip(sets.magic_burst)
end

end

order matters in the functions, i have it set up so that obi and mb toggles don't overwrite my death set so i don't have to worry about toggling them. it obviously depends on the person but you could change this if you wanted to

The Problem I see with that is that you will never nuke with full MP and always loose MP in idle. So either need an Idle set which would use high MP (not refresh), or you would need other means of locking your gear.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-17 21:13:56  
I have idle sets and a sets.precast.FC.Death. I never use my sets.idle.PDT (i either just use the PDT toggle or don't) so I replaced that with death gear. Some people in my LS have added HighMP toggles for casting/idle but I'm just too lazy to care, if I need to cast things I'll wait until after I've casted Death or just deal with the 200 MP drop because I'll still do 99,999 anyway
By RolandJ 2016-04-17 22:23:32  
Isilrhofal said: »
The Problem I see with that is that you will never nuke with full MP and always loose MP in idle. So either need an Idle set which would use high MP (not refresh), or you would need other means of locking your gear.

I guess you are either referring to: 1) losing MP due to using your reguar FC set to precast death and using a normal idle set. or 2) losing MP in a both a death FC and idle set due to your highest MP gear not equipping first and resulting in MP being lost due to the order that the gear in the equipsets are equipped in.

If you meant 1) then Ramzus mentioned the use of a FC set and idle set custom made for death in the post before mine.

If you meant 2) then you can solve that by using priority=# code. Here is an example.
Code
	sets.precast.FC.Death = { -- 1,887 MP, 59 FC --
		ring2={name="Mephitas's Ring +1",priority=15}, --110 MP--
		ring1={name="Mephitas's Ring",priority=14}, --100 MP--
		back={name="Bane Cape",priority=13}, --90 MP--
		ear1={name="Etiolation Earring",priority=12}, --50 MP--
		neck={name="Orunmila's Torque",priority=11}, --30 MP--
		ear2={name="Loquac. Earring",priority=10}, --30 MP--
		ammo={name="Psilomene",priority=9}, --45 MP --
		head=MerlHeadFC,
		body="Anhur robe",
		feet=MerlFeetFC,
		hands=MerlHandFC,
		waist="Channeler's stone",
		legs="Psycloth Lappas"}
[+]
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-04-17 22:31:59  
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpSVNTcVI2NGx1N1E

CTRL+F12 toggles Idle mode, set to HighMP
CTRL+F10 toggles Casting mode, set to HighMP
F9 toggles main/sub/ammo lock, set to Normal (for Myrkr)

I don't know how my last post got deleted...

Edit 2: Accidentally linked my BLU lua.
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-04-20 04:55:12  
i see alot of day of the week and weather but does
anyone have an example for storm weather?

also is Zodiac Ring Twilight cape still BiS when conditions or met? how does that scale per mode?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-20 06:41:56  
Sylph.Feary said: »

also is Zodiac Ring Twilight cape still BiS when conditions or met? how does that scale per mode?

Storm weather would be the same rule as normal weather.
By geigei 2016-04-20 06:57:03  
In order to keep up mp for death i found is easier to make new castmode (death) then you need to make .death sets to all kinds of spells, fc, cure, enh, etc and build those sets to keep at least the max mp in midcast.death. Ctrl-f11 <3
By Brynach 2016-04-20 09:09:39  
geigei said: »
In order to keep up mp for death i found is easier to make new castmode (death) then you need to make .death sets to all kinds of spells, fc, cure, enh, etc and build those sets to keep at least the max mp in midcast.death. Ctrl-f11 <3

I did something similar. I took the lua by Kinematics and just added a few new casting modes and a HighMP idle mode (F11 & F12 respectively) to end up having normal, magic burst, high mp non-mb, and finally highmp_magicburst. From there, I just added specific sets for death. That allows for me to have around 2760 mp in my idle set when I will be bursting Death.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-21 03:31:53  
Been seeing a lot of different ideas for handling death sets, but an idea just occurred to me. Is there a way to make your fc set a mode that can be changed via F keys like idle/casting modes. What I'm talking about is the top portion of Motes base lua as shown here (copy/paste cause its only 3 lines)...

state.OffenseMode:options('None', 'DT', 'Acc')
state.CastingMode:options('Normal', 'Burst', 'MP', 'Resistant')
state.IdleMode:options('DT', 'Death', 'Refresh')

I was thinking if I could change fc sets like this I could have death fc set that would allow me to cast haste/refresh using my precast for death that I made and wouldn't lose mp buffing. Meanwhile, it'd still allow me the freedom of using my actual fc sets on fights where I'm not using death. I'm not that well versed in lua so some of the other options like setting swap order priorities makes me nervous lol and thought this was possibly a decent adjustment for me/others if someone knew how to write that code.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-21 16:57:11  
Yes, that is how I have it implemented.

sets.idle
sets.idle.HighMP
sets.precast.FC
sets.precast.FC.HighMP
sets.precast.Death
sets.precast.Death.HighMP

I don't recommend doing it any other way. Not being able stoneskin/klimaform/voidstorm without screwing up your MP is a serious flaw. Maybe I'll just upload my gearswap later tonight.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-04-21 17:13:24  
That'd be great if you dont mind. Also, did you have to make any adjustments in the globals file at all or no?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-21 17:16:11  
I've added Aspir III to the mappings but that's it
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-04-21 20:59:23  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Sylph.Feary said: »

Storm weather would be the same rule as normal weather.

if anyone reads my post, ive found the answer,

if you use motes.
Code
if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element or buffactive[elements.storm_of[spell.element]] then

if you dont use motes
Code
local storms = {['Light']="Aurorastorm", ['Dark']="Voidstorm", ['Fire']="Firestorm", ['Earth']="Sandstorm",
['Water']="Rainstorm", ['Wind']="Windstorm", ...

if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element or buffactive[storms [spell.element]] then
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-04-22 11:54:48  
Here's my gs

http://pastebin.com/wwkNBnn0

Still a work in progress but hopefully it's useful to someone.
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-04-27 02:01:16  
I'm just about to unlock Death and I very much welcome this brainstorming on the best way to implement it. Thank you everyone :D
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-05-02 14:58:59  
Did a minor update for the guide. Mostly just to fix some odd pieces of gear I originally added/fixed descriptions on item sets and added Taranus's Cape
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-05-03 09:53:31  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Did a minor update for the guide. Mostly just to fix some odd pieces of gear I originally added/fixed descriptions on item sets and added Taranus's Cape
super HQ burst!

ItemSet 339909
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-05-03 12:04:28  
Dark Matter augments aside, I think the ideal elemental bursting set is actually this.

ItemSet 343527

For Comet you would replace Shiva Ring +1, Merlinic Hood, and Amalric Crackows +1 for Archon Ring, Pixie Hairpin +1, and Merlinic Crackows.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-05-03 12:07:07  
I still need to work up Grioavolr sets when I'm not busy, but that's a whole other pain in the *** atm. I could also see Shiva Ring +1 outdoing Friomisi for Reisenjima T4s but I'm not exactly qualified to make that judgment since I haven't done the math on it.

I apparently also need to make a whole other tier of sets because I apparently don't have an NQ burst set that uses merlinic jubbah? Or maybe I don't because hopefully people are smart enough to use it and make the right swaps to account for it . . .

edit: On second thought I'll probably just bump Amalric Doublet down to standard and throw Jubbah into the NQ sets
[+]
By rcobb 2016-05-03 14:30:35  
What type of augments are we looking at needing on the Griovolr? I have 19matb, 9mb, 12int and I'm finding the dmg is below Lathi+Merlinc body when testing regular MBs on Reis mobs and death MBs on Unity NMs (behemoth).
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-05-03 14:43:02  
You'd need a 2nd Grioavolr for Death that has an MP augment too. If you're using Grioavolr you should be using either Amalric Doublet +1 or Amalric Nails +1 in place if you aren't (you didn't specify if you were using Crackows or not.) It also depends on what your Merlinic augments are as well
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 41 42 43