フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » These new-age WHM make me /sigh
These new-age WHM make me /sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 15:59:33  
:3 I'm a Scholar main, and I know exactly how you feel about Sublimation Silv.

Honestly, I prefer for WHM, /SCH over my other subjob choices for the MP efficiency. Efficiency is the name of my game, and Scholar works terribly well for it.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 16:01:15  
well, at least everyone can admit that at some point(granted their a mage), /SCH tickled them(like a creepy uncle). I'll always be melee :D
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 16:04:05  
Kungfuhustle said:
well, at least everyone can admit that at some point(granted their a mage), /SCH tickled them(like a creepy uncle). I'll always be melee :D

<.< I'm a SCH/ so it's not that it tickled me.

Silly, Silly melees.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-17 16:05:05  
I whm/thf so when ***gets scary, I hit flee and get the hell outta there. Besides, how else will I survive and raise my party? What do you expect me to do? Buy reraise?! ... -.-

In all seriousness, whm/sch has been far more efficient and durable/adaptable in almost every situation. Way back in the day, /smn was the way to go for hardcore healing, but /sch just seems... better. If you play whm casually, sub whatever you want. If you want to be the best whm you can possibly be, go level sch and try it out.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-17 16:06:58  
Rydiya said:
Kungfuhustle said:

<.< I'm a SCH/ so it's not that it tickled me.

Silly, Silly melees.

what can I say? I love the smell of blood while I beat the ***outta my enemies :)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-17 16:10:10  
Chupacabra said:
I whm/thf so when ***gets scary, I hit flee and get the hell outta there.

Yeah ok Anna.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-17 16:14:35  
Who's Anna?! Was there seriously a whm that subbed thf!? I'll lol til I pee myself if there was!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 16:15:53  
Chupacabra said:
Who's Anna?! Was there seriously a whm that subbed thf!? I'll lol til I pee myself if there was!

I dunno about any WHM/THF, but I partied with a PLD who tried to come /THF not so long ago.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-17 16:18:25  
Nightfyre said:
I dunno about any WHM/THF, but I partied with a PLD who tried to come /THF not so long ago.

LMAO. Lemme guess... it was so he could trick attack himself for hate? ... /facepalm
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 16:25:13  
Chupacabra said:
Nightfyre said:

LMAO. Lemme guess... it was so he could trick attack himself for hate? ... /facepalm

Was in the 30s at the time. Clearly Sneak Attack > Provoke. Not that he'd know, he voked once, maybe twice a mob.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-09-17 16:31:39  
Ouch. Yeah, you'd think that since PLD is an advanced job that they would have spent some time in parties and knew how tanking and hate management works. I wonder why some people just seem to miss the basic party mechanics while leveling and just end up sucking at higher levels? Or do they solo the entire way? That seems incredible rough and boring to do. Oh well. To each his own.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-17 16:33:43  
Nightfyre said:
Chupacabra said:
Nightfyre said:

Was in the 30s at the time. Clearly Sneak Attack > Provoke. Not that he'd know, he voked once, maybe twice a mob.

Can't voke if your /thf and in the 30s, unless your 37 then you flash once every 45 sec, lol.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 16:37:52  
Lordgenbu said:

Listen you dumb ***, I hate you because of how *** stupid you are so I'm going to explain it once for you. Slow II for RDM 5/5 and full MND caps at 39.09% ok? Thank you.

God I don't even know why the *** Korpg still shows his *** face everywhere.

so, you rather have a WHM/BLM Slow a mob once every 10 minutes instead of a RDM Slow II a mob once every time it wears? I mean, you got to figure, you can't keep ESing all the time. Because, personally, I would have WHMs do what they do best, which is CURE than what they don't do well, which is DEBUFF.

And you wonder why you died so many times to Faffy.

Maybe, instead of having your WHM cast Slow, s/he could have cast Cure instead.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 16:40:56  
<.< Do all the mages in Lordgenbu's shell suck monkey-*** or something?

At least the White Mages over here are somewhat competent enough.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 16:42:28  
Chaosx said:
Can't voke if your /thf and in the 30s, unless your 37 then you flash once every 45 sec, lol.

Maybe we made him change subs? Key word in my first post was "tried" :P
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-09-17 16:58:54  
Who bumped this lol..and why? Nothing new has been said here yet but that won't stop me from leaving a comment or two. No one and I mean no one should tell another player which is better it all depends on how you like to play. For me I never even liked /blm but then again I was never used for debuffing mobs..

Someone said /blm for HNM and I can't understand why that makes sense at all, but I guess to each there own.

If a whm likes /blm or even /smn let them it doesn't bother me at all but for me and onry me I will say that once I got /sch to 37 I never ever ever even thought about touching another sub again. I just think /sch is better in almost every single way and I can't imagine doing Dyna, Assaults, Einherjar or anything else in this game as /blm or /sch..whm/sch is just to good.

The only time I was ever really asked to go /blm was to sky a long *** time ago because we were short on escapes lol.

If you're a whm and don't have /sch try to get it and try it out..it is the only way that you will ever know for sure!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 17:12:54  
Rydiya said:
<.< Do all the mages in Lordgenbu's shell suck monkey-*** or something?

At least the White Mages over here are somewhat competent enough.

Rydiya isn't even from Asura, and she already can tell that Lordgenbu's shell is lol.

Lordgenbu's shell is Twentyfourseven, the worst shell in the game. They suck so bad that they had to buy NASA 3 times just to compete with claims, and even then, they fail 80% of the claims they do make.

On topic though:

Zorander said:

If you're a whm and don't have /sch try to get it and try it out..it is the only way that you will ever know for sure!
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 17:40:12  
Korpg said:
Lordgenbu said:

Listen you dumb ***, I hate you because of how *** stupid you are so I'm going to explain it once for you. Slow II for RDM 5/5 and full MND caps at 39.09% ok? Thank you.

God I don't even know why the *** Korpg still shows his *** face everywhere.

so, you rather have a WHM/BLM Slow a mob once every 10 minutes instead of a RDM Slow II a mob once every time it wears? I mean, you got to figure, you can't keep ESing all the time. Because, personally, I would have WHMs do what they do best, which is CURE than what they don't do well, which is DEBUFF.

And you wonder why you died so many times to Faffy.

Maybe, instead of having your WHM cast Slow, s/he could have cast Cure instead.

I've never died to Fafnir before. Try fighting him once before mentioning him. >.>
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-09-17 17:45:53  
Zorander said:
Who bumped this lol..and why? Nothing new has been said here yet but that won't stop me from leaving a comment or two. No one and I mean no one should tell another player which is better it all depends on how you like to play. For me I never even liked /blm but then again I was never used for debuffing mobs..

Someone said /blm for HNM and I can't understand why that makes sense at all, but I guess to each there own.

If a whm likes /blm or even /smn let them it doesn't bother me at all but for me and onry me I will say that once I got /sch to 37 I never ever ever even thought about touching another sub again. I just think /sch is better in almost every single way and I can't imagine doing Dyna, Assaults, Einherjar or anything else in this game as /blm or /sch..whm/sch is just to good.

The only time I was ever really asked to go /blm was to sky a long *** time ago because we were short on escapes lol.

/blm is better on hmns because in every situation u need a whm to slow you probably need the rdm(s) to go /drk.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-17 17:57:13  
Lordgenbu said:
Marzanna said:
Lordgenbu said:
If you had any HNM experience at all, you'd know /BLM is clearly better then /SCH or /anything for that matter.

Yah, because endgame is everything ^^

Even then, if you're relying on a WHM/BLM for ES sleep/debuffs you should possibly consider getting some more BLMs or better RDMs.

/SCH is still better overall, unless like i said you're needing a WHM too ES repose said HNM, because you've slept him so many damn times with Sleep, that hes resistant lulz.

Who said you need to ES Repose..? When clearly WHM is one of the only jobs who can reach 40% with Slow I even over a RDM.

Sorry my bad i was simply trying too fathom some reasonable explanation as too why you would imply /BLM is the *only* endgame sub for whm, and i gotta say ES Repose is just a tad less ridiculous than ES Slow, and can sometimes come in handy when things have gone bad and the mobs becomes Sleep reistant /shrug, ive havent had too come /BLM too any HNM since /SCH came out.

Korpg said:

Also, this ^

There are RDMs with MND pot sets just as there are WHMs lol. Personally id rather have a RDM cast Slow II in pot set then wait for the WHM's ES too be up again...

last min edit, i find the stuff about NASA highly amusing, but not the least bit surprising.

Also what could you possibly need multiple RDM/DRKs for? ugh...
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-09-17 18:02:53  
ever fought a khim or a cerb?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 18:08:33  
Lordgenbu said:

I've never died to Fafnir before. Try fighting him once before mentioning him. >.>

Yeah, you never died to Faffy. And you are also the best PLD on Asura too? And 24/7 never bots? Who's dreamworld is this?

Artaxerxes said:

/blm is better on hmns because in every situation u need a whm to slow you probably need the rdm(s) to go /drk.

If you have multitude of RDMs (and which endgame shell doesn't?) then you should have just 1 Debuffer/Buffer RDM. Your best Debuffer would do, the one all decked out in enfeebling/INT/MND gear. The one that can land fairly easy the debuffs you want to land. If you REALLY need all 3 debuffs, then you would have 2 debuffer RDMs with 5/5 Slow/Para/Blind II merits and capped accuracy also. The other RDMs that are there, or BLMs (depending on what you fight) can stun also, its not THAT hard to setup a stun order.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 18:15:35  
Korpg said:
its not THAT hard to setup a stun order.

Qft
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-17 18:17:26  
Wow theres alot of pages on this but techically cure5 can pull more hate then cure4 and vice versa
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-09-17 18:18:19  
Korpg said:
Lordgenbu said:

Yeah, you never died to Faffy. And you are also the best PLD on Asura too? And 24/7 never bots? Who's dreamworld is this?

Artaxerxes said:

If you have multitude of RDMs (and which endgame shell doesn't?) then you should have just 1 Debuffer/Buffer RDM. Your best Debuffer would do, the one all decked out in enfeebling/INT/MND gear. The one that can land fairly easy the debuffs you want to land. If you REALLY need all 3 debuffs, then you would have 2 debuffer RDMs with 5/5 Slow/Para/Blind II merits and capped accuracy also. The other RDMs that are there, or BLMs (depending on what you fight) can stun also, its not THAT hard to setup a stun order.

Even with 2 rdm/ blm the mob is not going to be perpetually slowed, es recast wont allow it. More so why waste valuable damage spot(s) on the extra rdm(s) when i can just have the whms, a job that's going to be in the alliance anway, sub /blm and enfeeble?

*edit* lol wtf blind 2? really
 Leviathan.Marzanna
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-17 18:23:22  
-.- On cerb sure RDM stun is nice, but idk about khim, dont *need* is still going too get resisted anyways but yah.

As said above you shouldnt need all your RDMs too be /DRK which is kinda what i meant only it came out as not that lol. Sorry, it was more at the "dark(s)". Had me imagining hordes of RDM/DRKs for some reason <_<

I remember when WHM's used too /DRK on cerb way back before /SCH lol or maybe was just the ones i knew coz we were bored and wanted too try beat the RDMs on GoH... lol.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-17 18:32:22  
Artaxerxes said:
Korpg said:
Lordgenbu said:

Artaxerxes said:

Even with 2 rdm/ blm the mob is not going to be perpetually slowed, es recast wont allow it. More so why waste valuable damage spot(s) on the extra rdm(s) when i can just have the whms, a job that's going to be in the alliance anway, sub /blm and enfeeble?

*edit* lol wtf blind 2? really

When you have rdm's the caliber of epics I imagine it would be impossible to keep a mob perpetually debuffed.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 18:33:23  
Are Epic and 24/7 really as bad as I hear?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-09-17 18:38:20  
If you consider shitty players that like to show off their epenis based on nothing other than their ability to start up Nasa at the same time as ffxi bad, then yes.
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-17 18:40:25  
<.< Good thing they aren't from this server. :D
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15