Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 21:28:06  
Artaxerxes said:
Clinpachi said:
Artaxerxes said:
Korpg said:
Where's the mystic sword?

Oh yeah, that requires some effort, you can't buy your way into that for a relic.

I hate RMT buyers.

I have joytoy, it's occasionally twice as better as a burtgang

did you really just say joy is better than burtgang........................................................................................................................................................................

it's 200x better than a burtgang

Clinpachi said:
Who's your dealer because i have to try what the *** your on lol.

Enternius said:
DD-wise and Enmity-wise, Joyeuse is better than Burtgang.

Ok Enternius, you are right about Joyeuse is better DD-wise, but since when does a PLD DD?

Enmity-wise? Not so sure....I mean, sure, a mob would hate you a little more if you keep whacking him with a little bitty *** sword all the time, and you can spam Atonement a lot more, but~

User submitted image

REALLY look at Burtgang hard. Notice something weird?

"Reduce Enmity Decrease when tanking damage"

Hmm....

You know, this could make a PLD/WAR tank viable. I mean sure, it creates a need for a good WHM. But, you need a good WHM anyway. It also creates a need for a good tank. Defender is your friend, and with this, and D.Ring, ANYTHING that hits you will do as much damage to you as if you were wearing a Earth Staff. AND you get to wear a shield too.

Add on a couple more items (Askar Feet, Odin Body + Helm, maybe Jelly Ring, and since the person in question is a gilbuyer, he could afford an Aegis easy) and all of the sudden, you got a tank that has a damage resist of 37%. WITHOUT Protect. I would kill to have this kindof equipment. I would show the world the wonders of a PLD/WAR tank again.
 Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Artaxerxes 2009-09-17 21:30:13  
Korpg said:
Artaxerxes said:
Clinpachi said:
Artaxerxes said:
Korpg said:
Where's the mystic sword?

Oh yeah, that requires some effort, you can't buy your way into that for a relic.

I hate RMT buyers.

I have joytoy, it's occasionally twice as better as a burtgang

did you really just say joy is better than burtgang........................................................................................................................................................................

it's 200x better than a burtgang

Clinpachi said:
Who's your dealer because i have to try what the *** your on lol.

Enternius said:
DD-wise and Enmity-wise, Joyeuse is better than Burtgang.

Ok Enternius, you are right about Joyeuse is better DD-wise, but since when does a PLD DD?

Enmity-wise? Not so sure....I mean, sure, a mob would hate you a little more if you keep whacking him with a little bitty *** sword all the time, and you can spam Atonement a lot more, but~

User submitted image

REALLY look at Burtgang hard. Notice something weird?

"Reduce Enmity Decrease when tanking damage"

Hmm....

You know, this could make a PLD/WAR tank viable. I mean sure, it creates a need for a good WHM. But, you need a good WHM anyway. It also creates a need for a good tank. Defender is your friend, and with this, and D.Ring, ANYTHING that hits you will do as much damage to you as if you were wearing a Earth Staff. AND you get to wear a shield too.

Add on a couple more items (Askar Feet, Odin Body + Helm, maybe Jelly Ring, and since the person in question is a gilbuyer, he could afford an Aegis easy) and all of the sudden, you got a tank that has a damage resist of 37%. WITHOUT Protect. I would kill to have this kindof equipment. I would show the world the wonders of a PLD/WAR tank again.

Just shut up, you're an idiot.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 21:30:47  
Nightfyre said:
Clinpachi said:
And you would be PLD DDing on fafnir why?

Why the *** wouldn't you be swinging on Fafnir? He's a joke.

And yes, for most NMs Joytoy > Burtgang.

Clinpachi said:
and when you use atonement the burtg..... you know what this really isn't worth it...

...lol have fun with that.

Christ, you really are that dumb huh? 10 ACC vs 45% DA, HMMM.

You forgot something

You can double attack with Burtgang....
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 21:30:59  
I'm not saying Burtgang isn't better for tanking. It most definitely is.

I'm saying that if you're doing Atonement twice a minute, outDDing every other DD you have, you will keep hate better than, well, everyone else. And that's a fact.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 21:33:26  
Artaxerxes said:

Just shut up, you're an idiot.

Seems to be every gilbuyer's response to my queries.

Ok, here's my retort: Prove me wrong.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 21:33:35  
Korpg said:
You forgot something

Mythic weapons only have native Double Attack if you store TP to 300 before WSing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Marzanna
サーバ: Leviathan
user: marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-17 21:36:47  
Artaxerxes said:
Why are people taking so much damagedying so much in that alliance? Why are you slowing guivre and taking blms to cerb. Why are you wasting precious blm damage to khim by not haveing blms eseal nuke.

Eh... wipes happen, i don't think the Curaga comment was in relation too HNM lols >_> anyways dynamis is a good example of the usefulness of a lower mp cost curaga, and anyone that says they've never wiped there is most likely full of it. It doesn't have too be that particular spell, regardless its still useful.

Possibly they only have BLM leveled, or they have BLM and a tank job and those spots were already filled in the alliance. What does any of this matter, you dont *need* a bunch of RDM/DRKS too take down Khim either, if thats how you do it good for you. None of this makes /BLM the be all and end all sub end game lol, which was my original argument. If ive fought said NMs and not needed too /BLM then its obviously not a necessity..

Outside HNM /SCH definitely outshines any other sub, at least at 75. In the above mentioned situations other subs are nice /SMN for some salvage, /BLM for ES, but for overall efficiency i prefer /SCH. Its all personal choice in the end, no one can tell you how too play your game lol.. no wait, botting is lame!

Clinpachi said:
I mean i give him credit for having an apoc, its a videogame so if you can hack, cheat, steal, bot your way to a relic weapon, congrats you win FFXI now quit lol...

but with the 5 billion plugins all over the screen, and so many hateful comments on his Profile and quite a few people in the LS's profile's...

it really speaks for itself.

I are highly amused..
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-17 21:39:50  
Enternius said:
Korpg said:
You forgot something

Mythic weapons only have native Double Attack if you store TP to 300 before WSing.

You do the most damage with Atonement with 300% TP.

By that time you get 300% TP (if you haven't already thanks to sleep pots + Opo-Opo, a SAM in the party, or just general getting hit) you would have gotten enough hate to hit the enmity cap for 100% TP, but you would have hit it at 300% TP instead. Which gives you the perfect opportunity to "BAM" get the double attack.

I'm just saying, having a Burtgang plus most of the damage reduction gear would make any PLD a great PLD/WAR tank, a literal "blood tank." Since very few people actually went this far (Ikuni from Asura is just missing a D.Ring) it hasn't been tested as of yet.

But seriously though, just think about it.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-17 21:42:02  
Stay back to the topic, this is not a pld thread. Thanks. :)
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-17 21:47:37  
Korpg said:
Enternius said:
Korpg said:
You forgot something

You do the most damage with Atonement with 300% TP.

By that time you get 300% TP (if you haven't already thanks to sleep pots + Opo-Opo, a SAM in the party, or just general getting hit) you would have gotten enough hate to hit the enmity cap for 100% TP, but you would have hit it at 300% TP instead. Which gives you the perfect opportunity to "BAM" get the double attack.

I'm just saying, having a Burtgang plus most of the damage reduction gear would make any PLD a great PLD/WAR tank, a literal "blood tank." Since very few people actually went this far (Ikuni from Asura is just missing a D.Ring) it hasn't been tested as of yet.

But seriously though, just think about it.

I thought for Atonement, dmg was capped no matter what TP you do it with, it's just if you're not capped higher TP will help you reach cap faster.

Pretty sure just doing 100% tp atonements will not only help you get to enmity cap faster but will also maintain it better...

As for blood tanking, the problem is all that gear you're wearing takes away from your ability to keep hate since it's like -10% slow + losing the 4/5% from head. Not to mention you're sacrificing AF/+1 feet, one of the best dmg reduction pieces readily available.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-09-17 21:57:33  
"Cure IV is less hate then Cure V dumbshit!"
/sigh
Whats next.... "Raise 1 gives more xp back then Raise 3"
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-17 21:58:54  
Kindle said:
/sigh

please don't put ideas in their heads lol.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-17 22:02:51  
I think every WHM needs to read Kaeko's emnity testing, at the least.

Hell, every player.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 22:07:58  
Clinpachi said:

.................... What the ***, are you *** living under a *** tree you stupid dumb ***?

{Alyria} Warning to stop, I've already asked to stay on the topic. Take flaming to flame core. Thanks.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-17 22:08:17  
Kindle said:
/sigh

Are you seriously trying too say V is more hate there? <_<

http://kanican.livejournal.com/17795.html

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Marzanna
By Leviathan.Marzanna 2009-09-17 22:10:07  
No no i mean who the hell said that, makes me /wrist :(

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-17 22:12:54  
Actually, Dasva said it about 2 pages ago, lol.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 22:13:37  
Oh and to one of Korpg's earlier posts, BLMs get 19.09% Slow with super capped MND gear. While WHMs cap @ 43.99 Slow I with full MND gear.

So

Elegy = x (50%)
Slow I = y (43.99%)

Do the math x + y = Wut?

While ES on BLM can be used for a fully unresisted AM II with an SC that can output up to about 4k damage on a Fafnir if your BLM is worth a ***. Oh and lvl 65 level sync on fafnir, I bet you beat it you are the legendary Art after all. But Fafnir is so easy now a days that I'm sure if you did it to 60 with 18 people you can woop his ***. I single tanked Fafnir with 7 people and beat him in 40 minutes, nothing hard just don't suck and make your WHMs come /BLM like smart people would do.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-17 22:14:42  
Wth, where are you getting info that whm slow caps at 43.99? lol

Slow cap is same independent of job.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 22:15:06  
Bartimaeus said:
Probably Lordgenbu. Dude rages about the most random stuff. Especially when you make fun of him for using bots that cost money.

Right LG? <3

Ontopic: I lurve white mage?

Fight an HNM then talk, you have 1 75 and no king titles. My lvl 1 mule has a king title. >.>
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-17 22:15:41  
BLM can get +90 MND, WHM can get +97. I don't think 17 MND (there's a 10 base difference /SCH, just cause that's what I was subbing atm) will equal a 23% change.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 22:16:15  
Lordgenbu said:
Oh and to one of Korpg's earlier posts, BLMs get 19.09% Slow with super capped MND gear. While WHMs cap @ 43.99 Slow I with full MND gear.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

lol
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 22:16:21  
Tarowyn said:

Look at the chart on an Elvaan fully merited 5/5 MND and full MND gear with ES. It was tested ages ago on BG, I'm sure if you dig far enough you'll find it. Yes you may be right about the independent job thing but some jobs get more stats then others, just about finding the right game mechanics.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-09-17 22:20:02  
Someone posted above the max +mnd for each job, though I'd have to go and verify it myself to be sure, offhand whm and blm shouldn't be that far off from each other.

Too lazy to look up BG testing, but checked the Japanese wiki, it lists a 30% absolute cap on slow I.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 22:22:54  
Lordgenbu said:
Tarowyn said:

Look at the chart on an Elvaan fully merited 5/5 MND and full MND gear with ES. It was tested ages ago on BG, I'm sure if you dig far enough you'll find it. Yes you may be right about the independent job thing but some jobs get more stats then others, just about finding the right game mechanics.

Do you one better. http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/58770-slow-hojo-slow-ii.html

Keep digging, this is fun.
 Asura.Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-09-17 22:24:26  
Tarowyn said:
Someone posted above the max +mnd for each job, though I'd have to go and verify it myself to be sure, offhand whm and blm shouldn't be that far off from each other.

Too lazy to look up BG testing, but checked the Japanese wiki, it lists a 30% absolute cap on slow I.

I'm just glad you're smart and have HNM experience and titles vs these idiots who never even touched an HNM outside of Nyzul. It sorta disgusts me, considering if I didn't know about car mechanics why would I talk about it? Same applies to HNM, don't talk about it if you don't know about them. Lol
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-09-17 22:27:08  
Nightfyre said:
Clinpachi said:

Why the *** wouldn't you be swinging on Fafnir? He's a joke.

And yes, for most NMs Joytoy > Burtgang.

Clinpachi said:
and when you use atonement the burtg..... you know what this really isn't worth it...

...lol have fun with that.

Christ, you really are that dumb huh? 10 ACC vs 45% DA, HMMM.

Lordgenbu said:
Clinpachi said:

.................... What the ***, are you *** living under a *** tree you stupid dumb ***?

{Alyria} Warning to stop, I've already asked to stay on the topic. Take flaming to flame core. Thanks.

And yeah sorry about the staying on topic but i thought i would address these two.

A PALADIN SHOULD NOT BE TRYING TO FIT THE ROLE OF A *** DD... YOU ARE A PALADIN NOT A SAMURAI... feel free to switch your job and let someone else play PLD the way it *** should be... as a tank....

you know... the one that keeps hate?... the one that takes in all the heavy hitting ***.... the one that needs damage reduction down like whats on the burtgang?....

Stop kidding yourself as if your some godsend DD and play your *** job correctly... what next? Aegis damage reduction sucks and should get a Attack+ shield?

Anyone who takes a joyeuse over a burtgang so they can DD needs to stop *** playing paladin and go jump on the samurai bandwagon.

/end rant

good *** night atlanta... i'll be here all week... tip your *** waitress.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15