Rune Damage Oddities?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune Damage oddities?
Rune Damage oddities?
By Losie 2013-04-22 03:27:18  
So, I was messing around in Abyssea and noticed something kinda weird last night.

I'm only using atma of stout arm and the lion I think it is, nothing magic or element based, as far as I know.

I'm fighting saplings in Konschtat and had Sulpor runes up from fighting a clinoid thingy up and noticed it was doing ~50 additional damage rather than the usual 30-40 I'd expect with three runes up as far as upper damage ranges. For testing I lunged and swapped to three Tenebrae, Unda, and Flabra and all did less damage to saplings than 3x Sulpor by a fair margin of about 10 points, constantly.

It was Iceday initially, but changed to Windsay shortly after and I was still seeing the same numbers with sulporx3, so.. Anyone else seem similar oddities while playing RUN? The damage across the runes has seemed relatively static, even when mobs are more/less resistant, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing a 10-15 spike with Sulpor on Saplings.

Also did a Lunge with 3x Sulpor for 2010 damage with GS skill 372, and unless I'm way off on calculations, and I may be, the bg-wiki formula indicates my dmg oughta be in the 1600s without Gambit going with that skill level and three runes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-22 03:39:15  
Atma of the lion has thunder affinity.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-04-22 03:40:45  
Atma of the Lion gives lightning affinity +30 so you were probably benefitting from a marginal elemental boost
By Losie 2013-04-22 04:04:41  
Weird, I just assumed the +30 attack was somehow lightning attributed and not just affected only/somehow especially lightning-based things. Does it affect all magic as well? It's hard to keep tabs on all this stuff sometimes. :P

Ah, I see.. FFXIClopedia lists it as lightningbolt+30attack, whereas Bg-wiki lists is as affinity, not just "attack+30." Well then! Nevermind~