Red Proc Weapon Collection Advice, Please.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Red proc weapon collection advice, please.
Red proc weapon collection advice, please.
By Skyfawn 2013-04-20 09:28:30  
Hi, I'm currently in the process of levelling up NIN, with the main purpose of red proccing in Aby, as half of a dual-boxing setup.
My Question is about the weapons people carry for this purpose, Are there some specific weapons that people go for like "2-hitters" or low delay weapons ? or is it just not that important and any level 1 NPC bought weapon will do ? If anyone could list there red-proccing weapon collections that would be really helpful.
Cheers !

[:Editted because it seems I've inherited my grandfather colourblindness when it comes to forum posts about red and blue.]
 Bahamut.Niisan
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Niisan
By Bahamut.Niisan 2013-04-20 09:34:55  
Any weapon works, as long as you have the proper weapon skill - and in abyssea you can get enough regain it doesn't matter much.

I made the 2-4 TOM to offhand for when I solo proc weapon skills because it lets me not have to worry about regain Atma. But that's a personal choice more than anything.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-20 09:35:03  
As long as you can deal damage with it it will work fine, stronger weapons can lead to you killing the mob faster if you are rotating through. Pitchfork from the Halloween event is needed if you want to do polearm and Ark Scythe if you want to do Scythe. You may also need staff merits if you want to hit sunburst as well. I have the OA2-4 magian katana to off hand for procing but I'm not sure that would be worth your time to make.
By Skyfawn 2013-04-20 09:44:04  
Ok corrected my post to say red, sorry bout that ^^ and thanks for the advice.
A friend in my LS made me do the Halloween event and keep the pitchfork although I didn't really understand at the time so I am pretty thankfull to him now ^^ (thanks Voilet)
I can see the OA2-4 would be worth doing on reflection so I will get on that.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-20 09:48:22  
There are a good amount of weps that are "occasionally attacks x to x times" that are useful for proccing, although the only AHable one that NIN can use is the Mercurial Kris. You really don't need anything fancy unless you really really really want to put in a lot of effort on the magian Occasionally Attacks X Times weapon trials for a weapon you'll probably never use outside of Abyssea (trust me, once you do Abyssea for a while, you'll leave and rarely return).

If you are having an issue with killing the mob too fast while trying for procs, bring a lower level wep OR grab a trash mob and TP on those.

Also, just a personal opinion, but I feel as if, unless you're there ONLY to proc, you should stick with DD atmas as NIN.

Edit: Oh, you mean for blue procs.