New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Gear Suggestions
SCH Gear Suggestions
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 14:30:25  
Ok, I sync a lot with my SCH, so I have 2 sets I've made...my current one and one that is level appropriate (currently level 56, although will get 57 tonight)...

I have all the NQ Elemental Staves, I only added the Dark Staff into each set. I do not yet have the Moldavite Earring, gonna be trying for it sometime this week, gotta do some *** meat farming (lol) as well so gonna try and kill two birds with one stone...but I AM gonna get one.

I focused on INT whenever possible. I realize this may not be "uber", but I'm on a limited budget so I'm trying to be realistic. Anyways, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated...

Level 50 Sync Gear

Level 56 "Hypothetical" Gear

Thanks guys ^^

EDIT: I am open to camping NM's if there's a decent piece that's rare/ex...provided they're not like 10 hour spawns NM's. I just don't have that kinda time TBH
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2009-06-29 14:40:55  
good idea :
lvl blm !
lvl whm !
;o
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 14:47:20  
Thedreamer said:
good idea :
lvl blm !
lvl whm !
;o

Well, I'm gonna get BLM to 37 obviously, as well as RDM, but I'm getting WHM to 60 and then retiring it. Not crazy about WHM honestly, burned out on it a while back.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2009-06-29 14:53:23  
I have not levelled SCH yet, but I plan to after I'm back after summer break. I would recommend having 2 sets of gear, a Dark Arts set and a Light Arts set. That way, you don't have to sacrifice certain stats in one Arts or the other.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-29 14:54:54  
Needs more sets... a standing set with Earth Staff and whatever HP and MP you can tack on (HP for Sublimation), an INT set, a MND set, and an hMP set should do it for that level. Macro in the Enhances Arts pieces as appropriate.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-06-29 14:55:29  
Was going to say

WHERES THE MOLDY!?!?!?

and wait wha- >_> You're elvaan (F)???

But other than that it looks pretty nice
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 15:02:35  
Thoraeon said:
I have not levelled SCH yet, but I plan to after I'm back after summer break. I would recommend having 2 sets of gear, a Dark Arts set and a Light Arts set. That way, you don't have to sacrifice certain stats in one Arts or the other.

I actually did, had gear swaps and all that, but honestly I spend 99% of my time in Dark Arts at this point, so stopped swapping gear. I'm lazy...but yeah, I'll have both if(when) I find myself flipping more...got some of that stuff from leveling my WHM, I just don't even bother bringing it out anymore since I never use it.

I also am gonna have an hMP set...what exactly is a "standing" set again? I mean, I know what the hell it means (HURR DURR) but what, like a damage mitigation set? As for MND set, I never really noticed a big difference in tacking on MND in my days of leveling WHM...but then again, big difference between SCH and WHM...I can work that stuff into my LA set.
 Ragnarok.Miraeldito
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Miraeldito 2009-06-29 15:07:26  
@ 56 you could put in shaman cloack
 Asura.Celene
サーバ: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-06-29 15:08:13  
I am only a lv 26 SCH, but I would assume you will need the following:

MP: For those free cures and buffs at the start of a fight.
MND: Cures after the free MP is gone and MND based enfeebs
INT: For all of your nukey goodness and INT based enfeebs.
hMP: This one is pretty obvious.

Those are very, very basic sets.

Of course, there are +skill gear, but macro them in correctly to whatever it is you need. IE Enfeeb/Spider torque for when/if you are /RDM and need to land a gravity.

It's very multipurpose, so kinda need gear that stretches across the whole field, not just one section.

I could be very wrong, however.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-29 15:09:40  
Miraeldito said:
@ 56 you could put in shaman cloack

You know, I thought about that, but I would only be using it for 4 levels, until I can wear the Scholar's Gown. Think I should camp the NM for Shaman's or would I be ok to wait it out?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-06-29 15:12:12  
Celene said:
I am only a lv 26 SCH, but I would assume you will need the following:

MP: For those free cures and buffs at the start of a fight.
MND: Cures after the free MP is gone and MND based enfeebs
INT: For all of your nukey goodness and INT based enfeebs.
hMP: This one is pretty obvious.

Those are very, very basic sets.

Of course, there are +skill gear, but macro them in correctly to whatever it is you need. IE Enfeeb/Spider torque for when/if you are /RDM and need to land a gravity.

It's very multipurpose, so kinda need gear that stretches across the whole field, not just one section.

I could be very wrong, however.

Nope, you're very right.

I skipped Shaman's Cloak for BLM, as I couldn't get any help to camp it and couldn't solo it at the time. It's not as important for SCH with the Scholar's Gown but if you've got the time it's a nice piece to have.
 Pandemonium.Andross
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Andross
By Pandemonium.Andross 2009-06-29 16:06:24  
You'll definitely want an enmity down set, it's essential for any SCH. Some easy items are: benign necklace, spectral belt, staff strap, arborist nails and trooper's ring. Only macro these in for Accession cast spells and Cure IV.

You might also want to look into Warlock's mantle/earring, since you'll mainly be /rdm. They're quite hard to get, though. Most won't use the earring because of antivenom, but the mantle is good for any spell outside of accession. You can even start the cast in the mantle and switch it for something else.

Also, if you go /blm, you'll definitely want a Wizard's earring, that + Moldavite is just amazing for most of your leveling.

But, outside of what's been posted and maybe an idle set, there isn't too much gear available to SCH.
 Bahamut.Ywong
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ywong 2009-06-30 11:02:51  
I use different gears depending on which arts I am using and what I'm casting.

Light arts: -Enmity gear, MP, Fast cast, enfeeb skill.
Dark arts: INT, MAB, enfeeb/dark/elemental skill.

If your in PT exping and mainhealing all the time, I suggest get -Enmity gear and mp.
Dark arts gear only becomes relevant if your using the art.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [98 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-10-06 19:06:28  
Yes, I know this is "Bumped", but i want to seee more SCH nukeing and healing Gears to make my SCH take much better.

Nukeing
Healing
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-10-06 19:08:12  
Chefm said:
Yes, I know this is "Bumped", but i want to seee more SCH nukeing and healing Gears to make my SCH take much better.

Nukeing
Healing

:/ I would suggest on your nuking set to get a sufficient ammount of Elemental Skill, and intelligence. Where you can't get either one, get some MAB+ pieces.
 Fenrir.Shindo
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-10-06 20:00:39  
All I ever really used when leveling my SCH were a light arts and dark arts set. I don't use a windower, so I'm really not inclined to switch gear as much as other people.

I mostly just used MND for healing. It's a shame SCH doesn't have access to more healing potency pieces.

I never nuked much at all, so I can't help you there. I've only recently even begun building a decent Dark Arts set that involves more than INT. I doubt I'll even get a Moldavite Earring given my hatred for camping NMs.

Personally, if your SCH isn't 75, I wouldn't put an overly abundant amount of time and money into getting gear you won't use at 75, unless you really enjoy syncing or something. SCH AF is so much better than most other jobs, and you can mix in relic once you get to 75.

I guess my best advice is to keep your skills leveled. The extra 10 points make a big difference.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-06 20:07:43  
Ideal SCH nuking gear.

Give or take a few pieces, that's the best attainable gear for SCH nuking.
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-06 20:25:55  
Enternius said:
Ideal SCH nuking gear.

Give or take a few pieces, that's the best attainable gear for SCH nuking.

SCH need more ele skill and macc.
Dorje would be superlol, elemental seal onry staff >_>
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-06 20:29:01  
Kvazz said:

SCH has 5 less Elemental Magic skill and 2 less INT than BLM at 75.

And Dorje was basically just a placeholder since you can't really equip all 8 staves at once. Though it's still better for pure damage.
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-10-06 20:33:40  
Enternius said:
Kvazz said:

Uhm.. 256 on SCH, 276 on BLM.
No huge amounts of ele skill are needed, but it's nice to have in there, nothing worse than getting resists! Slightly lower dmg wont kill you, a resist will.

Edit: And well, totally depends on what you'r nuking.
Huge difference on nuking puddings and HNMs.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-06 20:42:52  
Kvazz said:
Enternius said:
Kvazz said:

Uhm.. 256 on SCH, 276 on BLM.
No huge amounts of ele skill are needed, but it's nice to have in there, nothing worse than getting resists! Slightly lower dmg wont kill you, a resist will.

Edit: And well, totally depends on what you'r nuking.
Huge difference on nuking puddings and HNMs.

Scholar's Gown adds 15 skill to all Dark Arts spells. 271 on SCH, 276 on BLM.

And yes, I have, like, relic head and Elemental Torque and stuff if I actually needed it but since I don't want to spam this page with every gear set I use on SCH, I'll just use my base nuke set.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-06 20:52:06  
Isn't the whole idea to compare naked and add gear though? Otherwise you can just say blm wears af hands and you're behind 15 again.
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-10-07 22:59:20  
I wouldn't ever ever ever ever use Moraganas body on SCH. Or BLM for that matter. What I do suggest is wearing a bit more M.Acc, INT and skill. Comparing between my BLM and SCH is like night and day gearwise.

I generally like Chefm's gearset besides the morgana's and solitaire cape. Small improvements I could sugguest are prism cape, prudence torque and Omega ring. Maybe even Goliard Clogs instead but I likes my yigit :3

On a side note; loldorje.
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-10-07 23:26:07  
Know it's my understanding the SCH has the most Macc out there. With the Weathers+ Obis+ JA's we realy never have a problem with Macc.

It's the problem of DMG that's why in my Gear it's More INT+MAB based then anything. But i am NOT saying i am prefect in gear Lol. Now some of the gear is for priced based too.
 Valefor.Marylyn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Marylyn
By Valefor.Marylyn 2009-10-08 14:04:45  
can check my sets ^^