users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Nin TP/WS set Help ^ ^
Nin TP/WS set Help ^ ^
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-11 10:23:46  
As the title says, just looking for suggestions//help with TP + WS sets.
Includes anything but hexed -1 gear, that stuffs a bit much to get for me.

TP Set:
ItemSet 296350

WS Set:
ItemSet 296351
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-11 10:30:46  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/#7

Very well put together guide, hope that helps.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-11 10:56:34  
I saw it, was wondering how comprehensive the Thaumas set was, and if it was worth replacing them with my seiryus//byakkos + augments :)
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-11 12:12:49  
Bump
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-04-11 14:06:39  
A bump less than two hours after the previous post?
what.
 Bismarck.Nightrider
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ocjp
By Bismarck.Nightrider 2013-04-11 17:44:21  
I personnaly would not bother with god gear augments since you have thaumas. It's random , annoying and expensive. I suggest use a set with the dual wield belt , salvage gear2 and a better ws body.

Kamome is only good in lolabyssea. You need a better katana outside

Hope Torque or Rancor would be better then your neck.

Moonshade for WS

but seriously everything you asking his wrote on the guide.

Use Motenten spread sheet too compare DPS
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-11 17:57:20  
Bismarck.Nightrider said: »
Kamome is only good in lolabyssea.
Voidwatch as well when riding Champion's/Innin (should be unless unlucky procs).
By Gimp 2013-04-11 18:05:34  
I personnaly would not bother with god gear augments since you have thaumas. It's random , annoying and expensive. I suggest use a set with the dual wield belt , salvage gear2 and a better ws body.

Agree somewhat with this but he has augments (good?) on his haidate already and it can't be too troublesome to put more time into making it better. P.sash is a great investment but expensive which contradicts part of your argument somewhat, but I agree he should work on a better katana for outside first, get a rancor collar, and start chipping away at salvage 2.

Ugusui is pretty easy to obtain and fine for low buffs but would want Str, Dex Arisui to complement different situations and scenarios but going by your posts (the OPs) it seems you're looking for a one size fits all and want to trim on not having additonal gear to make your sets better. The spreadsheet and other forms of math can probably answer your question of knowing how much better optimal or near optimal gear is over what you have right now and it's harder for most people to answer or be willing to answer because most are going to say to aim for the best.

Hope that helps, can also store your dochugappa on the sticky it's not showing as the best for Hi inside or outside
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-12 01:41:13  
Gimp said: »

Agree somewhat with this but he has augments (good?) on his haidate already and it can't be too troublesome to put more time into making it better. P.sash is a great investment but expensive which contradicts part of your argument somewhat, but I agree he should work on a better katana for outside first, get a rancor collar, and start chipping away at salvage 2.

Ugusui is pretty easy to obtain and fine for low buffs but would want Str, Dex Arisui to complement different situations and scenarios but going by your posts (the OPs) it seems you're looking for a one size fits all and want to trim on not having additonal gear to make your sets better. The spreadsheet and other forms of math can probably answer your question of knowing how much better optimal or near optimal gear is over what you have right now and it's harder for most people to answer or be willing to answer because most are going to say to aim for the best.

Hope that helps, can also store your dochugappa on the sticky it's not showing as the best for Hi inside or outside
Thanks for the reply! I've never learnt how to use the spreadsheets or how to edit gear for them, easy job?
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-13 05:37:47  
Rancor Collar in your TP set, and Hope Torque/Rancorous Mantle in your WS set are the easy upgrades I see. If you don't want to spend gil on Rancorous Mantle Rancor Collar/Atheling Mantle does well, too. If you don't want to spend time getting Hope Torque but can afford Rancorous, I would say either elemental gorget or Moepapa Medal would be your best choices for neck.

Spreadsheets arn't too hard to use. If you play around with it you'll figure it out pretty quickly I think.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-14 12:15:22  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Rancor Collar in your TP set, and Hope Torque/Rancorous Mantle in your WS set are the easy upgrades I see. If you don't want to spend gil on Rancorous Mantle Rancor Collar/Atheling Mantle does well, too. If you don't want to spend time getting Hope Torque but can afford Rancorous, I would say either elemental gorget or Moepapa Medal would be your best choices for neck.

Spreadsheets arn't too hard to use. If you play around with it you'll figure it out pretty quickly I think.

Tried reading the .xls guide in the Ninja Guide thing, didn't understand a word. How is it easy? lol
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-14 12:18:49  
You click a link and download a spreadsheet >_>
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-14 12:21:35  
You need to download it. You can just set your gear on the gear tab and set your buffs/food/target on the Setup tab and it'll spit out DPS for you.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-04-14 12:21:43  
I've known a number of people that didn't realize you need to download them. I don't understand how they function on a daily basis.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-14 12:23:16  
I honestly didn't know you had to DL them, it doesn't really say.
But then I also don't have excel installed, any easy way to get a free copy//trial (without torrents)
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-14 12:25:29  
Microsoft has a free trial but it only lasts like a month I think. Google will rescue you.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-14 12:26:20  
Open office.
Free.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-14 12:27:04  
I saw that, but they want all my CC info, which I'm not prepared to give for a month's trial. I know the ***you have to go through to get your card off XBL for example.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-14 12:29:40  
Go steal a student copy from your local university? I dunno.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-14 12:30:29  
http://www.openoffice.org/
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-14 12:35:15