言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » The role of Rune Fencer
The role of Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By VioDjango 2013-04-04 08:44:01  
#1 -- Because we live in a spike damage minded community... I just started looking at Store TP builds, myself.

#2 -- DD builds are easier to work on right now, and I think a lot of people with RUN tank in mind really are accepting that they need to wait and see what RUN's merits/endgame gear looks like.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-04 08:58:35  
Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh said: »
Two questions, may or may not have come up already.

#1 - Why aren't people doing STP builds on this job since the spike damage obviously isn't going to happen.

#2 - Why are people insisting on full DD sets then complaining about dmg taken?

#1 There hasn't been a super weapon released, as such it's hard to nail down a good x-hit. As it stands your best reasonable reason is the STR magian which has a 444 Delay, that's a b1tch to work with. This may change in the near term though. Also RUN is on light armor not heavy, this presents the problem of choosing between TA/QA/DA/Haste and sTP, you typically take the former over the later whenever possible.

#2 Because people like to use hyperbole. A proper DD should have turtle and hybrid turtle sets to go with their standard TP and WS sets. You use your TP set until sh!t gets serious, then you switch to your hybrid set. You try to always use your full turtle set whenever a NM is reading a TP move or casting a spell.
[+]
By Tsol 2013-04-04 09:05:49  
When I get back on and playing again, as my internet has been down, I will be using the def. down +16 GS. It's not something you see very often and the only reason I made it was because it was extremely easy to make and I thought it provided a useful benefit. The proc rate is decent on the effect, and not only does it help my damage potential but that of my party/alliance members as well.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-04 09:24:49  
Tsol said: »
When I get back on and playing again, as my internet has been down, I will be using the def. down +16 GS. It's not something you see very often and the only reason I made it was because it was extremely easy to make and I thought it provided a useful benefit. The proc rate is decent on the effect, and not only does it help my damage potential but that of my party/alliance members as well.

Depends on the target, if it's DC or less then those procs happen frequently enough to matter. If it's T or higher then you'll rarely see it and a STR GS would most likely be better. Though honestly I wouldn't bother making a STR GS right now, wait to see what else SE creates.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-04 09:26:08  
2xAxes go!
By Tsol 2013-04-04 09:35:51  
The GS I have will get me by, although I have seen the sword proc decently on T and higher mobs.

Edit: I understand that it's a random effect and that having a sword with static stats is more reliable and predictable to use. But like I said it was extremely easy to make so it was worth it to me.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-04 09:51:18  
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Tsol said: »

Depends on the target, if it's DC or less then those procs happen frequently enough to matter. If it's T or higher then you'll rarely see it and a STR GS would most likely be better. Though honestly I wouldn't bother making a STR GS right now, wait to see what else SE creates.

I plan to make a PDT- GS, but use Gram for damage till eith SE comes out with better or I can get Hoarfrost Blade (a Borealis is fine, too.) I'm also making a WS DMG+ 10% GS, but that's something I started out of boredom and will continue while I skill RUN's parrying. I dunno if I'll actually use it, I may do Store TP GS instead, not really sure.
 Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nahh
By Bismarck.Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh 2013-04-04 11:03:43  
I'm telling you... the AF is gonna be a STP-fest.

There's nothing else that makes sense to me if the spike dmg isn't going to be there. It's like samurai used to be. Not super high numbers, but decent amounts at consistent rates. The name of the game is going to be overall dmg not OMFGRESOLUTIONHAHA10,000!
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-04-04 11:06:05  
I for see -mdt and loads of ele resist per piece with odd amounts of chr for no apparent reason.
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-04 13:05:46  
Really I hope the body is set up cleverly. I'm afraid it's gonna come out and I'm gonna be like "Well, it looks awesome, and it's a good tp body. Yep. It would be really awesome if thaumas coat never existed."
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-04-04 13:11:18  
I wouldnt expect AF gear to be better than NNI gear, tbh. Situational pieces is much more likely.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 13:12:36  
Well, only Thaumas coat is that awesome, rest is easily surmountable.
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-04 13:34:00  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Well, only Thaumas coat is that awesome, rest is easily surmountable.
I agree with Seha. But then, 4/5 pieces of the thaumas gear has already been replaced in the tp set by neo salvage gear. I don't have very high hopes for the af playing much of a role as TP pieces. Especially if they're starting us out with the 52-60 AF1 set. the best that can probably be expected from that are macro pieces. Would probably have to wait until af3 before we can expect anything potentially useful as tp or ws gear.

But who knows, maybe they'll break the pattern and just give us 1 really good set instead of 3 tiering sets. I know "That's not what they've done in the past", but I've given up on the idea that I can predict what the hell they're gonna do based on some element of "consistency".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 13:42:11  
They said equivalent to af, relic and empy armor, and we saw the art for 3 different sets per job(one is reskin of the first, so that's af and relic, empy is the one shown recently in a collage - you might remember geo in pajamas).
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-04 13:46:47  
They said equivalent to af, relic and empy armor, and we saw the art for 3 different sets per job(one is reskin of the first, so that's af and relic, empy is the one shown recently in a collage - you might remember geo in pajamas).

Any idea where those pics are? :o
I have'nt seen them ;;
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 13:49:01  
Lost in the pages in a longass thread on bg...will take a while to find again unless somepony saved them <.<'
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-04 13:52:08  
Lost in the pages in a longass thread on bg...will take a while to find again unless somepony saved them <.<'

Ok thanks, guess I'll just look for them when I don't have anything better to do :P
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-04 13:54:20  
If nobody posts them before me I'll take a look when I'm done exping(which is in forever..)
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-04 14:06:43  
Ooooooh yeah. I do recall seeing that now that you mention it. Well, either way, I still expect they will release the sets one at a time instead of all at once, and as is typical with the af1, it's just gonna be macro pieces or straight to porter moogle fodder
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-05 07:34:32  
Took a while to dig em cause I didn't remember where they were lol

[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-05 07:36:51  
That chocobo costume is absolutely frightening.
[+]
By nyheen 2013-04-05 07:41:36  
why does that chocobo costume looks like some crazy serial killer would wear><
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-05 07:50:00  
I want to look like this:

Not just have the ffxi equivalent of the gear.... No I want the shitty cartooney cell shading and the "I should buy a boat" vacant expression.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sanders
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2013-04-05 15:55:42  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Not just have the ffxi equivalent of the gear.... No I want the shitty cartooney cell shading and the "I should buy a boat" vacant expression.

I probably laughed too hard at that part.

But the fact that the concepts are so similar to the GEOs from the FFIII remake(?), I would love gear like that. I loved smacking ***with a bell 12x per round in that game.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-05 16:16:21  
nyheen said: »
why does that chocobo costume looks like some crazy serial killer would wear><
Obviously it's only meant for tarus ><
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-05 16:28:20  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

I'm in the minority and prefer the XI incarnation of GEO! I even strangely prefer the mushroom hat :p
 Fenrir.Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-05 17:32:17  
Took a while to dig em cause I didn't remember where they were lol

I think it might just be the art style, but the RUN af3 really makes me think of MGS
 Sylph.Silvra
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-04-06 15:53:05  
I think the White dragon and the tiger are 2 more of the Naakuals. Also looks like RUN empy AF will be black? looks cool. Also that pic above the dragon looks like a different style of Caturae.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 16:14:09  
I'm fairly certain that's Hades.
By Solrain 2013-04-06 16:42:33  
The idea of a Caturae floating around talking like James Woods is both awesome and terrifying.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9