users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD gear changed to BLU
BRD gear changed to BLU
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-03-30 02:16:07  
Noticing that 4/5 Nares pieces can no longer be used by BRD, repartie gloves as well. Wondering if anyone else has noticed more gear that got switched over to blu.
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-30 02:24:45  
Rubeus I'm told
 Fenrir.Reece
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-03-30 03:31:09  
Wow really. *** ***
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-03-30 03:36:43  
Do you think they will fix this in mainraince or keep it the way it is noe. I personaily love my blu now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kayvindra
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kayvindra
By Bismarck.Kayvindra 2013-03-30 03:59:21  
Ya this is in "Known Issues" thread for this update, so SE obviously knows its happened but didn't say when would be fixed. I use a lot of those pieces for my bard so I need this fixed!
By Creecreelo 2013-03-30 21:42:34  
Wonder if it's gonna take as long to fix like it was with Nefer Khat +1 set bonus... :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-03-30 21:50:48  
Creecreelo said: »
Wonder if it's gonna take as long to fix like it was with Nefer Khat +1 set bonus... :(

Did they ever fix that?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 22:09:38  
Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Did they ever fix that?

yes that was fixed.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-30 22:11:24  
I hope they dont fix it, I love my new Sanguine set
 Valefor.Angeluzun
サーバ: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2013-03-30 22:29:56  
it's possible it might switch back if you add it to porter moogle. I just took out rubeus from porter and brd is on it.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2013-03-30 22:31:47  
It needs to be fixed, screwing over quite a few bards.. At least you BLUs got a taste of what could have been.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-03-30 22:49:10  
Sorry bards, BLU only.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-03-30 23:20:28  
No it's a glitch they should keep I ain't complaining tho refresh + potency legs on blu :p
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-03-30 23:27:26  
They should just keep BLU on it regardless.

Kappa
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-30 23:37:06  
itchi508 said: »
No it's a glitch they should keep I ain't complaining tho refresh + potency legs on blu :p

Praeco Slacks
Stearc Subligar

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
They should just keep BLU on it regardless. Kappa

They'd have to take BLU off Thaumas... that's a pretty poor trade-off.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2013-03-30 23:50:48  
Odin.Jassik said: »

Praeco Slacks
Stearc Subligar

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
They should just keep BLU on it regardless. Kappa

They'd have to take BLU off Thaumas... that's a pretty poor trade-off.

Oh I meant BLU keep both Nares and Thaumas. We da bes.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-03-30 23:55:24  
BRD's use the full 5/5 Nares armor? I only saw the use out of Head and legs for BRD really.

Sigh wouldn't it be nice to get a piece of gear that combined Thaumas, Nares and Phorcys into one mega armor with all the stats, 700 defence per piece and "BLU only".

Yeah not remotely overpowered.

TBH of all the nares items to swap to BLU, they left the best piece out.. 10% fast cast D:
By itchi508 2013-03-31 00:15:14  
Well really if they did keep it, it wouldn't give blu any sort of edge or advantage from having 2 sets available. Most would only use legs.
Fast cast head: we can use Athos and we have large variety of FC in general!
Mab hands and feet: we use AF3
Nares saio & clogs probably only be used for Macc really.

Body's for The mage in blu: to many to list but theres a lot of options for say CW. Mainly say for instance Morrigans robe... Yet blu can't use nares saio? Odd both are full mage Mab type body's.

So when people want to play blu as the Mage side, we have plenty of options we would choose over Nares. Granted nares has some bonus on Hands over mavi. But blu would always use AF3 feet over nares for BA. So say when CW spam, only peaces i would even see being used would be nares Saio & cuffs! The legs are just nice to have our refresh & cure potency in 1 peace. Otherwise all blus would still use thaumas & Mavi, and probably ignore most of nares. If they fully enable nares to blu full time I doubt we'd see many using anything besides the Trews really with exception to what I listed for CW spam or Macc! Give us Nares full time :P
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-03-31 00:24:54  
Well really if they did keep it, it wouldn't give blu any sort of edge or advantage from having 2 sets available. Most would only use legs.

Body's for The mage in blu: to many to list but theres a lot of options for say CW. Mainly say for instance Morrigans robe... Yet blu can't use nares saio? Odd both are full mage Mab type body's.

So when people want to play blu as the Mage side, we have plenty of options we would choose over Nares. Granted nares has some bonus on Hands over mavi. But blu would always use AF3 feet over nares for BA. So say when CW spam, only peaces i would even see being used would be nares Saio & cuffs! The legs are just nice to have our refresh & cure potency in 1 peace. Otherwise all blus would still use thaumas & Mavi, and probably ignore most of nares. If they fully enable nares to blu full time I doubt we'd see many using anything besides the Trews really with exception to what I listed for CW spam or Macc! Give us Nares full time :P

There are alot of better options for BLU nuking (magical nukes) than Nares, I just dont see the big deal in nares on BLU.

Athos chapaeu is 10%? I always used Anwig Salade personally for BLU.

BRD should get some better DD options now as a Buffer only BRD is missing out!
By itchi508 2013-03-31 00:36:57  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

There are alot of better options for BLU nuking (magical nukes) than Nares, I just dont see the big deal in nares on BLU.

Athos chapaeu is 10%? I always used Anwig Salade personally for BLU.

BRD should get some better DD options now as a Buffer only BRD is missing out!
That's what I was explaining that blu has better options than nares. Only thing people would use is trews so they could ditch 2 pairs of legs for 1 being refresh & cure potency.
 Fenrir.Reece
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-03-31 00:50:42  
Athos Chapaeu = 2%
Nares Cao = 10% >.>
[+]
By Creecreelo 2013-03-31 01:05:39  
I really don't mind at all the thought of Blu also being on Nares. I just wish SE would allow more jobs on a wider variety of gear, especially when it comes to very general "Teal/Aurore/Perle"-esque sets.

For example, I was hoping so much that SE would actually have Brd/Rdm be on the new Light DD armor set (Thurandaut) so Brd/Rdm could potentially have some nice new DD gear options since currently it's a horrid mishmash of augmented 75 gear with some select pieces from Salvage 2.0, the AH, etc.

But nope! Brd/Rdm solely on the mage set, Orvail.

And what jobs are both on Orvail AND Thurandaut?

Blu, Run, and... Pup.

Seriously? x_X It just frustrates me so much that Brd/Rdm aren't included on these rather generic DD sets when it seems to fit that they totally could be on them; Thurandaut just looks so "Bardy" to me visually! >.< I mostly get frustrated when it comes to Brd and Rdm because those are jobs (especially Rdm imo) that have great potential to melee. I'm not asking Brd/Rdm all of sudden be added to sets like Skadi/Twilight/Epona's/Thaumas (although I wouldn't mind!!), but I just hate that SE limits these jobs' melee potential so much by simply not adding them to sets such as Thurandaut.

I'd love it for more pure mages like Whm/Blm/Sch/Etc to also be added to more potential DD gear, but I just can't see it as much since they aren't on any Light DD/leather armor sets.

Sorry for long post and /rant, I was just kinda disappointed in SoA so far in this regard. :( Frustrates me even more thinking about how Reives benefit DD/Meleeing so much over other "mage" actions as well...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-03-31 01:49:30  
I don't know how you would even carry DD sets on mage jobs. Any mage job I have setup for end-game content has 70+/80. would need at least 20 more pieces of gear to do tp set and ws set. For brd I can only dd if I change sub to dnc or nin and drop cure/SS sets and a few FC pieces. But for whm blm or sch I don't think I could lose any gear to make them DD capable w/o crapping all over their magic sets.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-31 02:30:36  
That's what I was explaining that blu has better options than nares. Only thing people would use is trews so they could ditch 2 pairs of legs for 1 being refresh & cure potency.

I'd be quite happy with Nares Cap as well, you can't beat 10% FC and it pawns all our nuking options for the head and hands slots. The rest of it would get less use. Feet have no use as they aren't as good as Blu's +2 feet, body isn't as good as morri +1 but I don't have that so it'd be nice for a while.

I am rather annoyed though that my brd isn't able to wear her refresh pants so while I had fun with my new toys and I wish they would keep blu on it, my alt's brd needs it more.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-31 02:51:01  
I really don't mind at all the thought of Blu also being on Nares. I just wish SE would allow more jobs on a wider variety of gear, especially when it comes to very general "Teal/Aurore/Perle"-esque sets. For example, I was hoping so much that SE would actually have Brd/Rdm be on the new Light DD armor set (Thurandaut) so Brd/Rdm could potentially have some nice new DD gear options since currently it's a horrid mishmash of augmented 75 gear with some select pieces from Salvage 2.0, the AH, etc. But nope! Brd/Rdm solely on the mage set, Orvail. And what jobs are both on Orvail AND Thurandaut? Blu, Run, and... Pup. Seriously? x_X It just frustrates me so much that Brd/Rdm aren't included on these rather generic DD sets when it seems to fit that they totally could be on them; Thurandaut just looks so "Bardy" to me visually! >.< I mostly get frustrated when it comes to Brd and Rdm because those are jobs (especially Rdm imo) that have great potential to melee. I'm not asking Brd/Rdm all of sudden be added to sets like Skadi/Twilight/Epona's/Thaumas (although I wouldn't mind!!), but I just hate that SE limits these jobs' melee potential so much by simply not adding them to sets such as Thurandaut. I'd love it for more pure mages like Whm/Blm/Sch/Etc to also be added to more potential DD gear, but I just can't see it as much since they aren't on any Light DD/leather armor sets. Sorry for long post and /rant, I was just kinda disappointed in SoA so far in this regard. :( Frustrates me even more thinking about how Reives benefit DD/Meleeing so much over other "mage" actions as well...

Not saying I exactly disagree, but you're asking for RDM and BRD to be put on more light DD armor. Except RDM is on Rubeus Spats, Brego Gloves, Hedera Cotehardie, Kudzu Aketon, Eurus's Ledelsens, Phasmida Belt, Fea's Cuffs, etc... I don't know what kind of DD gear BRD gets, but RDM really has never been in better shape melee wise (more DEX/STR/ATT gear pretty please). BLU as well has TONS of mage gear available, granted it might not be AH gear, but its hardly left out.

Kinda the same thing with PUP as RDM, its seen a massive leap in available DD gear with Thaumas/Skadi.
By Creecreelo 2013-03-31 19:02:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Not saying I exactly disagree, but you're asking for RDM and BRD to be put on more light DD armor. Except RDM is on Rubeus Spats, Brego Gloves, Hedera Cotehardie, Kudzu Aketon, Eurus's Ledelsens, Phasmida Belt, Fea's Cuffs, etc... I don't know what kind of DD gear BRD gets, but RDM really has never been in better shape melee wise (more DEX/STR/ATT gear pretty please). BLU as well has TONS of mage gear available, granted it might not be AH gear, but its hardly left out.

Kinda the same thing with PUP as RDM, its seen a massive leap in available DD gear with Thaumas/Skadi.

I never said they weren't on any DD gear (I did talk about their horrid mishmash of gear, just didn't specify exact pieces). I'm just saying it would be nice if they were on more DD gear. I never said Blu wasn't on Mage gear lol, I just said I wouldn't really mind if it was on Nares too, even if there are better options for certain slots.

And I really don't think you can compare DD gear from Pup to Rdm... Yes, they both gained much in DD gear from lvl 75+; however, Pup completely blows Rdm out of the water when it comes to DD gear selection. Athos/Thaumas/Thurandaut/VW Harnesses/Twilight & Epona's. Rdm (and Brd) DD gear pale in comparison to these.
[+]