Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-23 16:36:23  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
To those who are trying to do priorities in gearswap you don't actually have to set every item in each set in priority.
Don't "have" to. Depends on how much you want to delve deep inside.
My sets are all within 100 HP from each other.
I wouldn't be able to do that if I didn't prioritize every single slot, for instance.
For 200 you need much less for sure.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-23 16:45:18  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Asura.Shiraj said: »
To those who are trying to do priorities in gearswap you don't actually have to set every item in each set in priority.
Don't "have" to. Depends on how much you want to delve deep inside.
My sets are all within 100 HP from each other.
I wouldn't be able to do that if I didn't prioritize every single slot, for instance.
For 200 you need much less for sure.

I could make mine like yours, within 100 of each other, but I find for sets like Temper, Phalanx it's just too hard to get that close without giving something valuable up. You just need to make each item that adds HP a priority, the higher the hp, the higher the priority.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-01-23 18:25:25  
What’s 100-200hp when that’s 1-2 parries? :P
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-23 18:28:18  
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
it *** with cure bots
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-23 19:05:24  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
it *** with cure bots
You should see what happens with my DRK's Dread Spikes macro.
[+]
 Odin.Willster
サーバ: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-29 19:07:58  
Someone mind posting their phalanx set Please? Looking to reach cap tier while wearing phalanx gear in the five body peices.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-29 19:31:07  
This is my set, although 3 years worth of DM augments are the result in Herc pieces. Stick to taeon:
I only use 445 Enhancing skill, which imo is the best due to HP dipping and DT midcast. However you could go to 480 skill with 5/5 Phalanx +.

ItemSet 368747
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-29 19:39:32  
barring Dark Matter Augments (Phalanx +5) I believe this set contains the maximum Enhancing skill, and Taeon all has Phalanx +3. whether or not this is overkill would be up to someone better able to do math than I can atm.

ItemSet 371075

Edit: I believe that this is the maximum possible Phalanx set, hitting the 500 Enhancing ceiling at 502, (once again, barring DM augmented Herculean gear) with a total bonus of +23 Phalanx. as previously stated, however, you are going to yo-yo on HP quite a bit when casting. personally, I would say to use this as a guide to shoot for 472 Enhancing skill, and maintaining as much HP+ gear as possible to cap. additionally, depending on your choices, you may wish to disregard the weapon swapping if TP is going to matter.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-29 20:14:16  
Aight, thanks guys
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-30 02:28:59  
fillerbunny9 said: »
Lol this set is so unpractical and unrealistic xD
Or are you saying you go specifically /NIN or /DNC to events where you're supposed to be the main tank just to gain 1-2 more damage reduction from phalanx? :-P

This is absolytely nothing against you filler but I feel that, in general, sometimes we get so lost in the "theory" that we forget about the "practical" aspects of really doing something reliably in-game.

If Phalanx lasted like 10-15 mins I'd be more comfortable in swapping my weapons everytime I cast it, but as it stands 99% of the times that's not the case.

Personally I made the same choices Shiraj made, settled for 445 skill tier and used the freedom granted by that to keep my HP on the Phalanx set in line with my other sets, and to stick some DT in there so that if I get hit during Phalanx, nothing bad happens.
(I don't have the Phalanx+5 herc stuff though, just Taeon).
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-30 02:42:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Lol this set is so unpractical and unrealistic xD
Or are you saying you go specifically /NIN or /DNC to events where you're supposed to be the main tank just to gain 1-2 more damage reduction from phalanx? :-P

This is absolytely nothing against you filler but I feel that, in general, sometimes we get so lost in the "theory" that we forget about the "practical" aspects of really doing something reliably in-game.

If Phalanx lasted like 10-15 mins I'd be more comfortable in swapping my weapons everytime I cast it, but as it stands 99% of the times that's not the case.

Personally I made the same choices Shiraj made, settled for 445 skill tier and used the freedom granted by that to keep my HP on the Phalanx set in line with my other sets, and to stick some DT in there so that if I get hit during Phalanx, nothing bad happens.
(I don't have the Phalanx+5 herc stuff though, just Taeon).
that would be why I said:

personally, I would say to use this as a guide to shoot for 472 Enhancing skill, and maintaining as much HP+ gear as possible to cap. additionally, depending on your choices, you may wish to disregard the weapon swapping if TP is going to matter.

edit: and while you may say it's impractical, that IS my set save for the swords, one ring swaps to Defending, and HP swaps of Odnowa Earring +1, and a Moonbeam Cape. oh, and only Futhark+1 here. I was merely providing the maximum options for someone to make an educated leap using their own gear.
 Odin.Willster
By Odin.Willster 2020-01-30 08:49:59  
That's the set I'm going for, besides the swords.
Have everything but back and earring
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-30 11:26:59  
Scroll back a few pages. Phalanx was discussed recently, and i believe i posted a set with 475 skill and cap phalanx+ (outside of dm augs).
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-01-30 12:41:21  
ItemSet 355630
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 12:54:35  
If you're swapping the weapon anyways...

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-30 13:20:09  

Wow. I've never seen a set that makes phalanx cost 500MP before. Does extra MP make it stronker?
By fillerbunny9 2020-01-30 13:55:57  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Wow. I've never seen a set that makes phalanx cost 500MP before. Does extra MP make it stronker?

it would be fascinating to know how you arrived at such a ridiculous conclusion, as at no point did I mention 500MP, nor does one suddenly lose 500mp for casting it. obviously the correct answer was not to provide the max skill/potency and allow someone to extrapolate their own gear and needs, and instead to spoon feed a 443/472 skill set with zero explanation.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-30 15:09:56  
If you don't already, I would just start making 2 types of Enhancing spell sets, 1 for full potency and 1 for "hybrid" and swap between them depending on the situation (generally pre-fight and mid-fight, but there should be times where you're safe to go full potency mid-fight as well).
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 15:22:19  
Struggling to get Glassy Gorger down quickly reso's seem to hang around 10k some spikes to 18-20 (using Epeo AG)

temper/am3/protect/phalanx are buffs, using indi-haste/frailty from idris geo

is the DT based on what his absorbs from me or the debuffs? I usually ride with dia2/paralyze for debuffs,

spamming dispel from 3 chars so keeping him pretty much dispelled.

Any suggestions? Lionhart would probably get me killed..
By SimonSes 2020-01-30 15:34:07  
Its DT is based on number of buffs AND debuffs it has. I suggest to drop all buffs and leave only am3, indi haste, geo frailty, dia2
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-30 15:49:27  
Wouldn't Dimi do better?
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-01-30 16:00:24  
Asura.Toralin said: »

If you're actually getting hit hard due to absorbed buffs, have you tried putting Wilt in the mix? Tends to offset almost anything he can absorb, leaving the only real threat (to a RUN anyway) as Spirit Absorption...and even then, only really if you're not healed up in a timely fashion.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 16:04:45  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

If you're actually getting hit hard due to absorbed buffs, have you tried putting Wilt in the mix? Tends to offset almost anything he can absorb, leaving the only real threat (to a RUN anyway) as Spirit Absorption...and even then, only really if you're not healed up in a timely fashion.
he was smakcing me around pretty good in my full tp gear, im going to use a more hyrbrid set next time, spirit absorb had me down to <100 one time
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-30 16:08:13  
I always do full buffs and never really experience any significant DPS decrease (unless you have a BLU doing Mighty Guard/Cocoon for some reason). Only time I notice damage drop is when he does Promyvion Barrier.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-30 16:19:42  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I always do full buffs and never really experience any significant DPS decrease (unless you have a BLU doing Mighty Guard/Cocoon for some reason). Only time I notice damage drop is when he does Promyvion Barrier.
What kind of ws dmg you doing ?? I thought about just going in full buffs and trying to power through but figured someone else may of found the sweet spot I’m clearing him with about 12-15 min left but he’s taking me a solid 10-14 min to kill
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-30 16:25:15  
Haven't been paying too much attention while on MNK, but when I used to SAM, I believe I was doing about 50k damage Fudos with help from the extra slashing damage he takes.
Buffs used were:
All WHM stuff
Honor/Scherzo/Min/Min
Wilt/Frailty/Entrust Fury (Might've been Fury/Entrust Wilt; don't remember)
Haste 2
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-01-30 17:28:17  
Yeah I'm almost certain that buffs absorbed don't reduce his damage taken, only debuffs. So no Para, and I'm actually not even sure if Dia2 is worth casting. It might be interesting to do some testing to figure out whether Dia increases or decreases your damage.

For RUN using Reso, it might still increase damage because we're so attack-starved, but as Buukki alluded to, I'm fairly certain Dimi will outperform it in your situation anyway. Plus it can self-light. And for Dimi, I'm not sure Dia2 is worth casting on Gorger.
By kaiju9 2020-01-30 17:33:43  
Speaking of Phalanx... Is Phalanx II from a RDM considered a good use for Embolden? And if so, would you lock head/legs for the 45% Enhancing Duration (Erilaz Galea +1, Futhark Trousers +3), or opt for a +10 stronger Phalanx (Futhark Bandeau +3, Taeon Tights)? Or maybe a compromise of both Futhark pieces (+30% duration, +7 Phalanx) from those slots would be best?

The gearswap I use locks the duration pieces when Embolden is active, and unlocks when the buff is lost. I'm equipping the Phalanx Received gear via React (don't know how to do that via Gearswap, although I've seen it in Selindrile's code, just not sure how to integrate that into mine). Is it even possible to do something like this automatically:

1. Embolden buff gained
2. Equip Enhancing Duration gear & lock those slots
3. Detect that the incoming spell is Phalanx II from another player (vs. any non-Phalanx spell)
4. Quickly unlock Head/Legs
5. Equip Phalanx Received set
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-30 17:37:25  
kaiju9 said: »
would you lock head/legs for the 45% Enhancing Duration (Erilaz Galea +1, Futhark Trousers +3), or opt for a +10 stronger Phalanx (Futhark Bandeau +3, Taeon Tights)?
I've been getting a little over a 10 minute Phalanx using full Phalanx+ received gear and Evasionist's Cape with +15 Embolden, so you can full-time a potency-focused Embolden Phalanx II with some communication with your RDM.

Edit: Those pieces don't increase duration of spells cast from other people anyway.
By kaiju9 2020-01-30 18:06:06  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Edit: Those pieces don't increase duration of spells cast from other people anyway.

Oh damn, I hadn't even considered that. Guess that simplifies things!

Figure I'll add a new state variable like IncomingPhalanx, and where the gearswap normally locks back/head/legs when Embolden is gained, I'll only lock back if that variable is set. Then set the variable back to False when Embolden is lost. That should let non-Phalanx spells get their full duration.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 188 189 190