Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 188 189 190
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 12:43:16  
Oh I see what is implied by "engaged set". I was under the assumption you would be wearing Phalanx+ gear while tanking because it added additional defense. Basically it's a set you wear when you already have max phalanx applied, and you're re-applying it (?)
By Taint 2019-04-03 12:52:27  
Yeah its a reapply set to keep you in proper HP/DT etc.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-03 12:55:30  
Phalanx+ gear only needs to be worn on spell application :)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-03 13:08:50  
soralin said: »
Phalanx+ gear only needs to be worn on spell application :)

I thought so. "Engaged Phalanx" set made me do a double take.
 Bismarck.Reniero
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Reniero
By Bismarck.Reniero 2019-04-07 14:33:29  
I returned to the game about a year ago and i'm beginning to reach a point where i have to choose an Aeonic.
I'm in doubt about getting Lionheart or a weapon for a other job.
So my question is how good is Lionheart actually?
Is the dmg output really way better than Epeo?
I don't have Epeo yet, but should have it around summer.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-07 14:53:30  
Opinions differ vastly and depend on what you want to do. If you often/always have access to mules or friends and generally go in a larger and well buffed group, Lionheart is irreplacable. The damage is leagues ahead, and you don't need Epeo to tank anything(Aettir is more than adequate).

If you're often solo, small group, underbuffed, then Epeo's hybrid ability will be of more use and you may find you don't even feel a need for Lionheart.

Epeo shines when you need to do damage whilst tanking and not dying. If you're not being buffed to deal damage and have a non-trust healer, it's benefits over Aettir are very slight. If you're not in any danger of dying, lionheart is better. Anywhere in between, Epeo is game changing though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-04-07 14:55:51  
The scope of which you use RUN factors into how much lionheart will up your game. If you stick to mainly 6-char parties where you receive buffs along with everyone else, lionheart is fantastic.

Ambuscade, omen, etc are where it shines.

If you are stuck in a tank party or w/e and have access to very little buffs, you're not going to find it useful.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-07 15:57:47  
Lionheart is still one of the best Aeonics, since Resolution. It gets even stronger at R15.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2019-04-07 16:39:10  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Opinions differ vastly and depend on what you want to do.

Quote:
If you're often with/always have access to mules or friends, and generally go in a larger and well buffed group: Lionheart is irreplacable.

Quote:
If you're often solo, small group, underbuffed, then Epeo's hybrid ability will be of more use and you may find you don't even feel a need for Lionheart.

Epeo shines when you need to do damage whilst tanking and not dying.
I edited Comeatme's response a little but pretty much what they said. Both great swords shine and have their uses depending on situation.

Not sure why you'd feel torn, their's no lockout on making Aeonics outside of having the beads to make one.

That said, if Rune Fencer is going to be your main stay job, get both and have fun regardless.
 Bismarck.Reniero
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Reniero
By Bismarck.Reniero 2019-04-07 23:47:50  
Thanks for the answers.
I'm in a static 6 man group, so i'm just gonna grab a Lionheart then.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-08 07:51:09  
finally made all the relic/af and got both sets to +1 over the weekend, are the empy +1 hands/pants/shoes good for anything? I will definitely +1 the emp head/body but already scrounging for money

what order would you upgrade relic/af pieces to +2/3?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-04-08 08:12:14  
Empy+1 legs are still widely used in many tanking sets. Shoes are great too, but you eventually replace them with Turms. Hands are skippable unless +3 comes sometime soon.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-08 08:14:34  
I see- they just looked kinda ehh without any acc
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-08 10:42:47  
Tanking doesn't have anything to do with accuracy.
By Taint 2019-04-08 10:46:21  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Tanking doesn't have anything to do with accuracy.

Oh really, please explain?
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-08 10:50:41  
I'm not sure at what point you can't rely on meleeing to hold hate but I'm not to those mms yet lol
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 11:36:49  
Tanking is the term mostly used for "holding enmity", different play styles do that in different ways. Neither is right or wrong, it's just other people's play style of how they like to play. As long as it does the job of "holding enmity" it's fine. Learn and figure out which you like and do best.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-08 11:42:30  
Asura.Fondue said: »
I'm not sure at what point you can't rely on meleeing to hold hate but I'm not to those mms yet lol
You're completely missing the point. You can hold hate without even engaging.

The question you should be asking isn't whether you can hold hate purely with melee, it's whether the TP you're feeding the enemy is worth the damage you're adding by doing it. If it's not, your melee is only making the fight more difficult for everyone else.

So many RUNs these days act like meleeing is a given. It's not. If there's more than one or two other DDs on it, I usually won't even engage. Less TP moves means the DDs can take more risks. Them taking more risks means they can deal more damage. Everything is a balancing act. Most RUNs these days just want to tank while DDing. That's fine as long as you acknowledge the cost to other players. Your 20k Dimidiations usually aren't going to make a difference in the long run.

You aren't meleeing for the group's benefit, you're doing it for your own benefit, because you find it fun. It's not helping the group, in fact it's probably doing more harm than good. Again, that's fine, your WHM probably isn't struggling to keep folks alive so they may welcome more work anyway. I'm just putting it out there as something to chew on.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 11:47:47  
I engage, but purposefully have 900 acc in my tank set so i can parry almost every attack, the attacks that do connect hit for 0. That's my way of going about it. I never have buffs so i rarely hit anything
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-08 11:53:30  
yeah its still worth engaging just to make use of parry+turms, if i could parry without engaging id probably not do it a majority of time either
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-08 12:16:50  
Im much more a fan of the 1x healer, me, 2 support to cap my haste, 2 magic bursters plan for most bosses.

With capped haste you should be able to easily solo spam light skillchains and let your magic bursters go to town.

Thats how I always approached fights as Pld until I got Shining One. That kinda changed my strat a bit.

But I imagine the same strat on Run will also rip through anything the game tgrows at you.

Especially since Run has Gambit, Rayke, Utu Grip, and Hasso to give it that much bigger of boost over Paladin.

Depending on content, Relic +3 feet can make spamming solo skillchains an absolute breeze, mages will have trouble keeping up.

And lord help any fight where the NM uses hundred fists. GG
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 12:21:31  
It's all about 6x run per party. Who needs healer and support.... overrated man
By soralin 2019-04-08 12:30:22  
The important reason I bring my strat up, is it makes Epeo a clear cut winner over Lionheart. With AM3 up on Mythics, spamming solo Skillchains is just unbelievably easy.

If you are endeavoring to solo NMs though, Lionheart probably shines there since trust magic burst dmg doesnt come nearly as close to real players.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 12:34:01  
Lionheart sucks for soloing tbh. you are unbuffed, reso does bad damage, Epeo with Dimidiation is way better, although Lionheart Dimi spam is good, but not as good as Epeo's.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-04-08 12:40:35  
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-04-08 12:48:47  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Asura.Fondue said: »
You're completely missing the point. You can hold hate without even engaging.

The question you should be asking isn't whether you can hold hate purely with melee, it's whether the TP you're feeding the enemy is worth the damage you're adding by doing it. If it's not, your melee is only making the fight more difficult for everyone else.

So many RUNs these days act like meleeing is a given. It's not. If there's more than one or two other DDs on it, I usually won't even engage. Less TP moves means the DDs can take more risks. Them taking more risks means they can deal more damage. Everything is a balancing act. Most RUNs these days just want to tank while DDing. That's fine as long as you acknowledge the cost to other players. Your 20k Dimidiations usually aren't going to make a difference in the long run.

You aren't meleeing for the group's benefit, you're doing it for your own benefit, because you find it fun. It's not helping the group, in fact it's probably doing more harm than good. Again, that's fine, your WHM probably isn't struggling to keep folks alive so they may welcome more work anyway. I'm just putting it out there as something to chew on.

I wish all BRDs, RDMs, CORs etc would understand this point, too.
[+]
By soralin 2019-04-08 12:52:40  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Lionheart sucks for soloing tbh. you are unbuffed, reso does bad damage, Epeo with Dimidiation is way better, although Lionheart Dimi spam is good, but not as good as Epeo's.

Sorry I meant solo with Trusts. With capped haste, Sylvie buffs, etc.

I dont mean solo solo
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 12:59:18  
I do solo with trusts, soloed pretty much everything which IS possible. I still stand the point tbh. Just my opinion though.

The only jobs that can do actual soloes are pet jobs, BLU and SCH. On hard content anyway.
By soralin 2019-04-08 13:06:21  
So you are saying Lionheart doesnt get buffed enough with Trust buffs to shine?

Not arguing, just clarifying. I don't necessarily disagree.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-08 13:11:04  
Yeah what i've found is that i can land consistent 20-30k Dimi spam on anything iLevel 119-125. That's at 1-2k TP focusing on skillchaining. Reso doesn't come close for me. Also for Reso to skillchain you need AM2 which takes a little longer to get, Most of the fights which you are more than likely attack capped, the mobs die really quick so getting AM2 isn't worth it.

For some of the harder mobs, T3 in escha Ru'aun and so forth you aren't attack capped with trusts. Duke Vepar is an exception though. I've managed to cap attack on him before, but survival is tough with Epeo, so not worth taking Epeo off for that particular fight.
First Page 2 3 ... 159 160 161 ... 188 189 190