Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 188 189 190
By Autocast 2018-10-05 08:44:31  
Anyone mind posting resolution sets, Preferably sets for WSD "bug" staying and sets assuming they fix it? Buffed and Unbuffed attack if they differ, would appreciate it.

Also dimidation sets if able, I'm sure this gets asked often but this forums search is horrible, sorry.

A question about Ambu capes as well, is STP10 over DA10 on TP cape still preferred if you're /drk and not /sam?
 Asura.Sirtaint
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-05 11:33:33  
ItemSet 361842

STR WSdmg Augments

DEX WSdmg for Dimi

Lust+1 Path B Legs for Dimi
By Boshi 2018-10-05 12:23:33  
knobkierri,

there's some aspect of lustratio still in play.
[+]
By Autocast 2018-10-06 06:41:28  
WSDMG on reso cape now then? And if you dont have either of those rings, what would next best be? Niq/epona or Niq/regal?

And how much does the strength of WSDMG diminish if not capped attack? assuming its between str/wsdmg/low atk herc and higher attack older options.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-10-10 03:29:16  
Asura.Gordel said: »
On the front page, how up to date is the reso/dimidation/tp sets ?
Three posts above yours are people debating the pros and cons of that very question.
By Autocast 2018-10-11 14:51:46  
Anyone mind sharing their updated Run Spreadsheet?

Also gear related, What acc values do you tend to aim for on your acc tiers, like low/mid/high swaps.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-11 15:58:10  
Low: 1050 ~ 1110. Mid: 1110 ~ 1170. High: 1170+.
By Autocast 2018-10-13 12:01:41  
DA+10 or STP+10 on cape pre lionheart/epeo?

Mainly use a hybrid set for things I do on run and doesn't seem feasible to hit a 5hit without lionheart, on /drk at leaast.
By Autocast 2018-10-15 13:18:14  
So I went an added current gear to the older run spreadsheet I found (the only run spreadsheet I could find), As well as added the WSD working on multiple hits.

At capped attack I found nothing coming close to the following Resolution set, Adding other buffs like max sam roll/fighters and a few others didn't change anything.

ItemSet 362145

Haven't checked uncapped attack yet, Not sure much will change. Epona is barely better than NQ Karieyh ring, both better than Epaminondas's by a good bit. Nothing seems to come close to Niqmaddu.

If you find your spreadsheet giving different results please post, was just looking into gearsets I'm building and would like to know if I got it wrong.
By Sidiov 2018-10-15 13:42:16  
Autocast said: »
Haven't checked uncapped attack yet, Not sure much will change. Epona is barely better than NQ Karieyh ring, both better than Epaminondas's by a good bit.
If this is the case, then you must have really bad ACC configured on the sheet, the only advantage karieyh has over epam is ws acc if i am readingit correcfly. I'd look at adding acc buffs to check, as youll probably be using those in game if your acc is that bad.
By Autocast 2018-10-15 13:44:06  
Epaminondas's has -10stp, which seems to matter. Capped acc on the spreadsheet.

As for uncapped attack, Seems Herculean head, body, legs and feet will win if STR15, WSD4%, ATK35+ (and of course +acc as you need it).

Mid aug herculean (STR12~, WSD4%, ATK25+):

Lustratio HQA head wins, Lustratio HQA body wins, Herculean legs and feet Mid aug win, Lustratio HQA Feet aren't that far behind and HQD feet are not that much further behind than A path, so if inventory is a concern can prob just stick with one pair.

Regal Ring/Niqmaddu beating other options, rest stays the same.

Unless this is all wrong, while MAX aug herc is prob overall the better set, because of the ability to also bring high ACC when needed, I despise oseem so I'll personally be going for the HQ abjuration set, Its about as far behind the max herc set when not at attack cap, as the HQ abjuration set is ahead of the max herc set at cap attack.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-10-15 14:01:43  
Lustratio has always been a weird set. I added the legs to my Dimi set but other than that I'm not using that set on RUN. If Defense is of no consideration the content is either faceroll or I should be on a pure DPS.

Nothing against knowing the best Reso set, I just wouldn't go around blindly using it. RUNs main attribute is doing hard content and resisting all the BS the mobs throw at us.
[+]
By Autocast 2018-10-15 14:06:42  
Completely didn't even consider the lack of Meva or other defensive stats on lustratio, pretty reasonable argument, definitely gives even more weight to Herculean set, but my god do I hate random augments.
By Sidiov 2018-10-15 14:08:50  
Epaminondas's has -10stp, which seems to matter. Capped acc on the spreadsheet.
This is even weirder to me, it doesnt take the STP away from the WS just the return, unless someone can confirm otherwise... If it hurt overall DPS a little because it broke an x-hit I'd understand, but i see no reason the stp- shoudl hurt the ws dmg.
By Autocast 2018-10-15 14:11:26  
Sidiov said: »
This is even weirder to me, it doesnt take the STP away from the WS just the return, unless someone can confirm otherwise... If it hurt overall DPS a little because it broke an x-hit I'd understand, but i see no reason the stp- shoudl hurt the ws dmg.

STP isn't just about Xhit these days, its about TP overflow, especially for a weaponskill like resolution. Reduces the amount of TP you would gain from said resolution, which in turn also reduces the extra damage from TP you get for the following resolution and so on.
By Sidiov 2018-10-15 14:25:09  
ignore me, it is a problem in my SS, i had overtp off.

Interestingly it appears it makes the Epam ring absolute trash for nearly everything it was going to be used for (unless you dont have keriyeh)
By Autocast 2018-10-15 14:30:17  
-
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-15 14:45:31  
Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Lustratio has always been a weird set. I added the legs to my Dimi set but other than that I'm not using that set on RUN. If Defense is of no consideration the content is either faceroll or I should be on a pure DPS.

Nothing against knowing the best Reso set, I just wouldn't go around blindly using it. RUNs main attribute is doing hard content and resisting all the BS the mobs throw at us.

On the other hand its just as easy to make a ws set toggle if your concerns are an actual issue.

I for one don't mind a reasonable set, since STR+15/wsdmg+4 or STR+10/wsdmg+5 herculean (and most likely miniscule acc/atk) just requires too much luck and stones. I have exactly 1 piece with STR+10/wsdmg+5, and its on valorous.
By Autocast 2018-10-30 16:24:40  
What capes do you find yourself using generally?

Currently have:

Dex, acc/atk, STP, PDT10
STR, acc/atk, WSD, PDT10
DEX, acc/atk, WSD, PDT10
HP, meva, Enmity, PDT10

Was thinking for my fast cast cape HP60, Meva30, FC10, MDT10. Letting me cap MDT with aug neck, Dring and cape, leaving the rest of the slots for Meva for an Meva set/swap.

Other than that I guess a MAB lunge/swipe/sanguine one? any others? How useful is a parrying one for tanking?
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-11-03 16:37:35  
Totally new to this job, just got it to 99 yesterday. Is Embolden any good and should I be getting the reive JSE cape capped for it? Cheers muchly.
By Afania 2018-11-03 16:42:46  
It's mostly used for temper, so yeah embolden + is good for dps.

You can use it with pro shell or haste too but kinda irrelevant most of the time imo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-11-03 16:48:41  
Afania said: »
It's mostly used for temper, so yeah embolden + is good for dps.

You can use it with pro shell or haste too but kinda irrelevant most of the time imo.

Awesome, which spell to use Embolden with was my next question. Time to reive it up! Thanks.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-03 17:37:03  
Embolden + Phalanx is another common option.
[+]
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-11-03 19:04:17  
Embolden Crusade is another option if it works for your situation
[+]
By Boshi 2018-11-06 07:32:40  
What capes do you find yourself using generally?

Currently have:

Dex, acc/atk, STP, PDT10
STR, acc/atk, WSD, PDT10
DEX, acc/atk, WSD, PDT10
HP, meva, Enmity, PDT10

Was thinking for my fast cast cape HP60, Meva30, FC10, MDT10. Letting me cap MDT with aug neck, Dring and cape, leaving the rest of the slots for Meva for an Meva set/swap.

Other than that I guess a MAB lunge/swipe/sanguine one? any others? How useful is a parrying one for tanking?

tp: dex/dex/accatt/DA**/pdt
reso, groundstrike, savage: str/str/accatt/wsd/pdt
Dimi: dex/dex/accatt/wsd/pdt

Tanking: hp/hp/meva/enmity/parry5
with the new aug slot could make a 2nd hp/hp/meva/enmity cape as:
enmity midcast: hp/hp/meva/enmity/sird

precast you do -need-: hp/hp/meva/fastcast/(sird)
sird doesn't matter for precast here but it's nice for like utsu set or something

PDT is a great aug on melee ***, makes hybridding way easy.
MDT is always useless, go look up on ffxiwiki or bgwiki how Shell works. You only ever really need 18-25 mdt total which is super easy.

Parry+5% is incredible.

da10 is gonna give more than stp10 for tp phase.

-normally- reso cape is str/str/accatt/da but atm with wsd glitch wsd is king.
By Boshi 2018-11-06 07:35:01  

Using the legs without the feetD is silly.
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-06 08:25:40  
Boshi said: »

Using the legs without the feetD is silly.

Is it though? Herc feet are very small dps loss with average augments, the net loss of meva and potential acc/att can easily make up difference on content that matters.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-11-06 09:11:41  
If you're that worried about def/meva/stats (as you should be), you probably don't even want to be caught wearing the legs.

And only wearing one, you lose the set bonus.

Not a lot of options for DEX in the leg slot, but...
 Asura.Sirtaint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-11-06 10:10:14  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
If you're that worried about def/meva/stats (as you should be), you probably don't even want to be caught wearing the legs.

And only wearing one, you lose the set bonus.

Not a lot of options for DEX in the leg slot, but...

Legs are a tougher slot since nothing really competes with lust.

Feet You lose 4% wsdmg but herc have 5% and 2ta. It boils down to dex/acc/att/meva.
First Page 2 3 ... 149 150 151 ... 188 189 190