Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 188 189 190
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2016-11-14 15:58:13  
Super helpful thanx.

Recommend Dimi -> Dimi light? Or SCing with Cor?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-14 16:01:38  
if you're making parties out of randoms, i wouldn't expect the cor to do more than roll and afk.. since the frequency of the scs is the most crucial part to fast exp you're going to want to be able to plan on being able to consistantly dimi > dimi on your own

if you're lucky enough to have a good cor, ground strike > leaden salute or wildfire makes darkness with a strong closer

if you can't consistantly sc on your own, plan on having the 6th person melee as well and get a cor or geo who doesn't mind pulling
 Odin.Gimpers
サーバ: Odin
user: Gimpers
By Odin.Gimpers 2016-11-14 16:02:24  
Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
Odin.Gimpers said: »
A standard MB party works fine with RUN and your damage output doesn't matter. Dimidation > Dimidaiton makes light for the BLM/SCH/GEO to burst off. STP roll and Indi-Haste should allow for constants SCs.

So Run Sch Blm Sch Geo Cor?

Who pulls? I've had ***luck so far on JP parties.

Any good SC combos with Run -> Cor ya'll prefer?
When I CP'd on RUN, my setup was RUN COR RDM GEO SCH BLM. RDM pulled and I flashed off the RDM. I made light and BLM+SCH killed. I'm sure the pulling job could be pretty much anything.

RolandJ said: »
Really, though, I didn't start writing this reply to elaborate on your post. I just wanted to say that I love your name, Gimpers! I figured I'd write something productive while I was at it instead of just saying "Your name is awesome. That alone is enough to get a + from me."
Thanks!
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-11-14 16:16:54  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
if you're lucky enough to have a good cor, ground strike > leaden salute or wildfire makes darkness with a strong closer

Better yet, Ground Strike > Ground Strike > Leaden Salute and you can pretty much get away w/ no BLMs.... a half-decently geared COR should be able to do 15-25k Leadens (Malaise/Acumen), with 3-step SC damage in the 45k-75k range... a really good one should be able to one-shot the mob w/ 30k-60k Leadens and 99k SC damage each and every time.

Roll > AFK CORs in CP parties make me want to cry -- the job is tailor made for Apex dominance.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-30 11:07:05  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
, Ground Strike > Ground Strike > Leaden Salute

Resolution -> G.Strike -> Leaden would be more reliable as Resolution won't miss and gives back more TP so you start closer to the 1K mark. Since you just need a distortion, another interesting combo is Power Slash (don't laugh) -> Resolution for a decently powerful distortion then Leaden for splat.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-01 09:55:12  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Resolution won't miss and gives back more TP so you start closer to the 1K mark.

Good point.

Say, anybody have a Cure set for those times when you're /WHM or /RDM w/o a reliable/dedicated healer (with possibly multiple mobs to contend with)? This is the best compromise between cure power and DT that I could fashion with the stuff I have on hand (Herc -3% DT, Buremte -2% PDT/MDT):

ItemSet 347998

Cure Potency: +37%
Cure Effects Received: 17%
PDT: -45%
MDT: -21%
DT: -19%

Any suggestions/improvements would be appreciated. :)
 Ragnarok.Muffz
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Muffz
By Ragnarok.Muffz 2016-12-01 10:23:05  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Resolution won't miss and gives back more TP so you start closer to the 1K mark.

Good point.

Say, anybody have a Cure set for those times when you're /WHM or /RDM w/o a reliable/dedicated healer (with possibly multiple mobs to contend with)? This is the best compromise between cure power and DT that I could fashion with the stuff I have on hand (Herc -3% DT, Buremte -2% PDT/MDT):

ItemSet 347998

Cure Potency: +37%
Cure Effects Received: 17%
PDT: -45%
MDT: -21%
DT: -19%

Any suggestions/improvements would be appreciated. :)
You could swap lebeche ring for kunaj (spelling). 3% cure potency for 5% received. Other than that everything looks good and it won't be easy or even possible afaik to cap potency, damage taken and received all in one set.

You'd have to sacrifice one for the other in whatever amounts you feel viable for the content you're attempting.
By Bahadir 2016-12-09 15:32:48  
Srry if these questions are answered somewhere but I couldnt find it and it is not explained in the OP:

Which elements do Rayke/Gambit affect?
Lets say I have 3 Ignis (Fire) runs. Does Gambit increase fire, ice or water dmg?

Also is Vivacious Pulse in any way affected by cure potency or things like that?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-09 15:51:57  
A fire gambit increases fire damage. Pulse is affected by divine skill and an attribute that varies by the runes used. It is not affected by cure potency.
By Bahadir 2016-12-09 15:55:48  
Siren.Kyte said: »
A fire gambit increases fire damage. Pulse is affected by divine skill and an attribute that vary by the runes used. It is not affected by cure potency.
Nice~ Thx for the quick reply.
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-12-09 17:19:23  
For Vinipata--

I've killed him before but I have a question.

If the tank (wiki says "anyone close to him") doesn't have buffs, he doesn't go to -MDT stance so...

Do Runes and Food count for buffs? Obiously Protect/Shell/Foil do. Surely shadows does.

I'm sure Valiance does.

What about geo buffs?

I'm more confident in my PLD to tank buffless than my RUN especially since half of run's tools give buffs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 00:09:34  
So... RUNs...

We got some nice new toys in this update.

Runeist's Bandeau +2 Head DEF:115 HP+99 MP+79 STR+26 DEX+30 VIT+26 AGI+30 INT+26 MND+26 CHR+27 Accuracy+37 Evasion+54 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Haste+8% "Fast Cast"+12% "Regen" effect duration +24 RUN
Runeist's Bandeau +3 Head DEF:125 HP+109 MP+89 STR+31 DEX+35 VIT+31 AGI+35 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+32 Accuracy+47 Evasion+64 Magic Evasion+83 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Haste+8% "Fast Cast"+14% "Regen" effect duration +27 RUN

Runeist's Coat +2 Body DEF:145 HP+208 MP+66 STR+29 DEX+34 VIT+29 AGI+33 INT+28 MND+28 CHR+28 Accuracy+40 Res. all ele.+36 Evasion+59 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% "Valiance" and "Vallation" effect duration +17 "Refresh"+2 RUN
Runeist's Coat +3 Body DEF:155 HP+218 MP+76 STR+34 DEX+39 VIT+34 AGI+38 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33 Accuracy+50 Res. all ele.+39 Evasion+69 Magic Evasion+94 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+4% "Valiance" and "Vallation" effect duration +19 "Refresh"+3 RUN

Runeist's Mitons +2 Hands DEF:103 HP+75 MP+37 STR+16 DEX+40 VIT+37 AGI+10 INT+17 MND+35 CHR+22 Accuracy+38 Evasion+34 Magic Evasion+57 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 Enhancing magic skill +17 Haste+5% "Gambit" effect duration +14 Physical damage taken -2% RUN
Runeist's Mitons +3 Hands DEF:113 HP+85 MP+47 STR+21 DEX+45 VIT+42 AGI+15 INT+22 MND+40 CHR+27 Accuracy+48 Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+67 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Enhancing magic skill +19 Haste+5% "Gambit" effect duration +16 Physical damage taken -3% RUN

Runiest's Trousers +2 Legs DEF:127 HP+70 MP+52 STR+34 VIT+21 AGI+25 INT+35 MND+23 CHR+16 Accuracy+39 Evasion+48 Magic Evasion+89 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Divine magic skill +17 Haste+6% Resistance to all status ailments +8 Physical damage taken -4% RUN
Runiest's Trousers +3 Legs DEF:137 HP+80 MP+62 STR+39 VIT+26 AGI+30 INT+40 MND+28 CHR+21 Accuracy+49 Evasion+58 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Divine magic skill +19 Haste+6% Resistance to all status ailments +10 Physical damage taken -5% RUN

Runeist's Boots +2 Feet DEF:85 HP+64 STR+17 DEX+29 VIT+17 AGI+42 MND+17 CHR+35 Accuracy+36 Evasion+102 Magic Evasion+89 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Pflug"+3 RUN
Runeist's Boots +3 Feet DEF:95 HP+74 STR+22 DEX+34 VIT+22 AGI+47 MND+22 CHR+40 Accuracy+46 Evasion+112 Magic Evasion+99 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4% "Pflug"+4 RUN

Ashera Harness Body DEF:148 HP+182 MP+44 STR+30 DEX+40 VIT+30 AGI+30 INT+30 MND+30 CHR+40 Accuray+45 Attack+45 Ranged Accuracy+45 Evasion+90 Magic Evasion+96 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+4% "Store TP"+10 "Resist Paralyze"+90 Damage taken -7% MNK / THF / BRD / NIN / DNC / RUN

Knobkierrie Ammo Attack+23 Weapon skill damage +6% WAR / MNK / DRK / SAM / DRG / RUN

Yamarang Ammo Accuracy+15 Magic Accuracy+15 Evasion+15 Magic Evasion+15 "Store TP"+3 "Waltz" potency +5% THF / NIN / DNC / RUN

Anu Torque Neck DEF:10 Attack+20 "Store TP"+7 "Resist Stun"+10 MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN

Erra Pendant Neck DEF:6 Magic Accuracy+17 Dark magic skill +10 "Absorb" effect +5% "Drain" and "Aspir" potency +5 WHM / BLM / RDM / PLD / DRK / SMN / BLU / SCH / GEO / RUN

Sherida Earring Earrings STR+5 DEX+5 "Double Attack"+5% "Store TP"+5 "Subtle Blow II"+5 MNK / RDM / THF / BST / RNG / DRG / DNC / RUN

Ilabrat Ring Rings DEF:10 HP+60 DEX+10 AGI+10 Attack+25 "Store TP"+5 MNK / WHM / RDM / THF / BST / BRD / RNG / SAM / NIN / BLU / COR / DNC / RUN

Kishar Ring Rings Magic Accuracy+5 "Fast Cast"+4% Enfeebling magic effect duration +10% "Absorb" effect duration +10% WHM / BLM / RDM / PLD / DRK / BRD / NIN / SMN / BLU / COR / SCH / GEO / RUN

Niqmaddu Ring Rings STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 "Quad Attack"+3% "Subtle Blow II"+5 WAR / MNK / DRK / SAM / DRG / PUP / RUN
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-13 00:12:42  
AF+3 legs are one of the best updates for tanking. We lose the parry from AF3 but that status resist is extremely strong.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 00:17:22  
Would use those on something annoying like Albumen
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 00:54:38  
Trying to think of the usefulness of this:

Erra Pendant Neck DEF:6 Magic Accuracy+17 Dark magic skill +10 "Absorb" effect +5% "Drain" and "Aspir" potency +5 WHM / BLM / RDM / PLD / DRK / SMN / BLU / SCH / GEO / RUN

RUN/DRK, I guess stun resists? Drawing Blanks here.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-13 00:57:52  
Not much use for RUN at all, I just listed all the stuff with RUN on it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-12-13 01:15:37  
I dig. I've been playing around with RUN/drk lately, and I was just looking for anything that might be neat. Its a shame we can't learn dread spikes, or stack enough dark skill to make using drains/aspir useful. I guess hate grabs.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 18:11:32  
I remember a while back there was a decent amount of conversation around the element of the Terror effect. To my recollection, it was earth-based, but I really can't remember. Can't seem to find the discussion, so if anybody would be so kind as to point me to the info or happens to remember the key findings, it would be very much appreciated.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-12-14 18:13:34  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
I remember a while back there was a decent amount of conversation around the element of the Terror effect. To my recollection, it was earth-based, but I really can't remember. Can't seem to find the discussion, so if anybody would be so kind as to point me to the info or happens to remember the key findings, it would be very much appreciated.

I don't know where any actual testing is, but it was explained to me (by Saevel) that Petrify and Terror were the same classification of debuff.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-12-14 18:27:44  
Alright, I recall something along those lines, thank you for the clarification.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-14 19:04:01  
It's pretty evident in Sinister Reign if you pop Barstonra on Darrcuiln. You'll resist the Terror effect from Stalking Prey w/o Vex at a much higher rate than you would without Barstonra.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-12-14 19:15:51  
I posted the data that most all of the Terror <-> Petrify being the same order of debuff in one of Urteil's PvP threads a looooooong time ago. Shared the info when people were trying to figure out how to resist Absolute Terror from a BLU. Can effectively equate Terror to Petrify like you would Nightmare to Sleep. Resist Terror gear should work for Petrify as well but I've never tested that.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-14 19:45:43  
Sylph.Oraen said: »

Some Terror is earth based, others is dark based depending on the TP move the NM use's. It use's the same magic resistance (not to be confused with magic evasion) check for petrify, really notifiable on RDM with natural JT and Barpetrify up.
By Bahadir 2016-12-15 07:25:51  
Hey guys.
Im new to Run and to DT- taking rather than Shadow tanking. I tried (using the suggestions on the top page) to assemble a tanking set with gear I have/is accesible to me which caps PDT, MDT (with Shell V) and has as much BDT as possible.
Any ideas/comments about this set?
ItemSet 348268
It would give me (asuming caped DT- aug on cape and PDT-4/MDT-2 on gloves):
PDT: -55% (-5% PDT II from sword)
MDT: -30% which should cap at 50% with Shell V
BDT (from DT-): -28%
Resist status alignments: +15
Resist all elements: +25
MDB:+28
Occ. Absorb dmg 3%
The "Convert 10% of Dmg taken to MP" is scheduled to make up for the rings latent effect and ensure my MP is always full enough.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-15 07:39:02  
Inquartata is a big deal for RUN... so you'll want to build a tanking set around the Ambu cape's 6%, if possible.

There are probably better rings out there than Lunette (Vocane, Warder's, Gelatinous, Fortified, etc)... MP can be an issue in extended fights/CP, even with refresh/mp return from hits. You can't always get away with Tenebrae + Vivacious Pulse, too.

Genmei/Impreg/Odnowa are probably better options over Eabani.

Erilaz Galea +1 over Adhemar head for HP and more empy set bonus.
By Bahadir 2016-12-15 08:21:43  
Inquartata is a big deal for RUN... so you'll want to build a tanking set around the Ambu cape's 6%, if possible.

There are probably better rings out there than Lunette (Vocane, Warder's, Gelatinous, Fortified, etc)... MP can be an issue in extended fights/CP, even with refresh/mp return from hits. You can't always get away with Tenebrae + Vivacious Pulse, too.

Genmei/Impreg/Odnowa are probably better options over Eabani.

Erilaz Galea +1 over Adhemar head for HP and more empy set bonus.
Thx for the response! So Ambu cape even though I cannot get DT- on it at all? I liked the old cape cause of all the other stats it has (among others Enmity) but I guess the Inquartata is more important? Which stats on cape for tanking? Vit+20 MAeva+30 Eva+20 Enmity+10?
That would mean I have to compensate 8% PDT and add that somewhere else...

About the ring: my idea was to add a bit of MDB where possible and but I guess I could just use this spot to make up for some of the PDT I need when I switch cape. Maybe Ill just stick to my Dark Ring for now until I get a Gelatinous for as much PDT as possible.

I know about the Genmei Earring. But no1 to kill Genbu with so I dont have access to it. Odnowa sounds nice...Ill see if I cant get that1 somehow. Or some other earring with some MDB I guess?

Change of heads makes sense.
By Bahadir 2016-12-15 08:31:58  
Another quick question about parrying:
Do I understand this correctly:
Base parrying
rate depends on enemy lvl and parrying skill. Cap here is 20%.

Inquartata
is added on top of that regardless of the enemy lvl and breaks the 20% cap. Base Inquartata of a Run 99 is 13% according to wiki. Gifts have Inquartata+8 and you can get +5 in gear. It seems like Inquartata +1 adds 2% parrying rate.
That would means we d be at 39% parrying rate thats not affected by Enemy level.

Battuta
adds up to 56%, regardless of enemy level.

So 95% parrying rate before parrying skill for a Run99 with stars and 5/5 Battuta up with Ambu Cape and Erilaz Leg Guards +1?
That sounds like too good to be true....
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-15 08:36:03  
Parrying % is dynamic and is not a fixed value.
I'll spare you the math, but basically against high level targets it drops to very low levels.

Inquartata is a fixed % parrying rate that stays the same regardless of target, debuffs, or anything else.
So basically it's a very reliable and source of physical damage mitigation for RUN, and much more.

Unless you're not planning to engage/face the enemy (situations for which Inquartata is useless) you can't really avoid Ambu cape in a modern tanking build. Likewise with Empy+1 legs.

You need to swap your other items to make sure you can reach 50% PDT without using the cape slot.
6% from neck, 15% from rings (Defending + any 5% PDT ring if you can't get a Vocane or a DT one), 12% from Erilaz legs/feet, 2% from Staunch Tathlum. 4% from Flume Belt, add a 3% DT Grip and you're already at 42% DT without using the cape slot.
You know have 3 free slots (Head/Body/Hands). Just get 8% split among them and you'll be fine.
I suggest getting 8% between head and hands actually, that allows you to use Erilaz Body. (Enmity Retention bonus, decent base stats and more chances at activating the set bonus)
By oyama 2016-12-15 15:57:12  
You can use the Relic 119 head or a Herculean Helm for a pretty easy 4% from head, and Umuthi Gloves or Herc Hands for the other 4%. Replace those ilvl 115 hands ASAP.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-12-16 01:35:44  
I like Vir'ava Hands for tanking as well (don't remember the name) because of their base stats, how easy it is to get them, for the Enmity+ and for the fact it's DT and not PDT.
It's "just" 2% though.

Don't forget in Escha zones you get an additional 3% DT as well btw.
Not sure about you guys but I personally have a specific build for Escha zones taking this into account.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 188 189 190