users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » what do you think of the creed set
what do you think of the creed set
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-03-24 18:15:52  
I just looked over the creed set and i find it sad.There are things like attack and acc that i do not understand why they gave us this pld do not need acc or attack we are not about dealing damage we are about eating damage.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-03-24 18:20:48  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
I just looked over the creed set and i find it sad.There are things like attack and acc that i do not understand why they gave us this pld do not need acc or attack we are not about dealing damage we are about eating damage.

In today's FFXI doing more damage as a pld is imperitive to help you keep hate. Also the set has many upsides that we need as plds. The biggest is that the more of it you have the better chance you have of obsorbing the damage to heal yourself vs just taking damage straight up. Assuming you get +2 of course. The set is solid, if you dont like it +2 the valor set then aug it.
By itchi508 2013-03-24 18:34:47  
As there is no Pld guide (im sure one will be made now, this will trigger someone to do so) there are alot of threads on Pld in general. gear wise for all situations as well as atmas etc.

To answer you statement:
A pld that misses = no hate therefore ACC is very critical specialy with tanking high end NMs. (Also with Dmg migration based on enmity)
A pld with low Attack = no Dmg therefore leading to no enmity without enmity your team will eat Dmg as you say wile you are otherwise useless!
Along with taking Dmg we pld have a large DT variety to choose from now. And with shields relic/emp we can use less DT and sub in other peaces to increase things like enmity, haste, Stp, Att, Acc. Etc. the way pld is played has not changed since the HNM days. Only difference is back then there was less options for Att haste etc and we depended on SATA for our enmity not Att/Acc for Dmg output.
With pld using Almace! This sword has changed a lot for pld, giving them them ability to deal more Dmg than ever before, wile holding more hate with less enmity gear, therefore changing the pld style of play to more offense.

As for creed equipment it is the best gear pld has seen and has available when it comes to Absorption. Shield skill/Def bonus. ATT & ACC. As well as bonuses to our abilitys that fit a plds every need to help them perform in ways otherwise they never could. Most cases you won't 5/5 creed as there is better sets to build (if you have them available) you average pld will be 3/5 Creed tho I'd recomend every pld to have AF3 as well as Relic +2. With The enhance 2hr Nd /ja effects, extended durations on abilitys, and any bonuses it gives you are hard to beat. Id highly recomend you to make Both sets if you plan to be a career pld!
I'm sure all pld would agree to this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Frotaut
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-03-24 18:55:06  
there has been a pld guide for a while its actully being updated again
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2013-03-25 15:16:02  
Quite extensively updated even.. Though I do need to add mid range sets when I have time.

As for the Creed Set it's actually quite exceptional for as easy it is to get.

Body/hands/legs/feet make for a great TP set (with a 7-8% haste head) that's easy to get and provides a good mix of -DT, accuracy, and haste.

The head is great in your tanking set for the MP return.

Body has more -DT than Mekira when you've generated enough enmity.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-03-25 17:37:44  
Thing is i love the head from creed i am getting +2 for it ether 2 night or tomorrow.I like the pants but the rest of it i cant see my self using the feet i will never change from af1 feet sorry i like my +10 still over what creed feet give.
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-03-25 17:42:00  
You are the hero we need you to be Kawar.

[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-26 12:37:28  
Thing is i love the head from creed i am getting +2 for it ether 2 night or tomorrow.I like the pants but the rest of it i cant see my self using the feet i will never change from af1 feet sorry i like my +10 still over what creed feet give.

What about the creed +1/2 hands and body? If you were so intent on reducing the damage you take, I can't think of anything, off the top of my head, that outshines -10%(?) DT. That's ignoring the Enmity+ and HP on it.

I have to ask, mostly out of sadistic torture to myself, but do you use more than 1 set of gear?

EDIT: Also, if I could only have 1 whole gearset on PLD, based on my limited knowledge of the game from the past couple years, Creed would definitely be high on the possibilities list >_>
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-26 12:44:56  
Creed +2 hands are, pound for pound, one of the best pieces of gear we get. Excellent combat stats, additional damage reduction on a shield block, and even VIT in case that's ever relevant again ever.

At a minimum you should be using them whenever you're using the shield, engaged or disengaged, provided you cap PDT without Melaco/Magma/Paalaka.

Martel showing their damage reduction values

[Edit: I realize Martel lists the other PDT hands higher, but it's relatively easy to cap PDT these days, so really, do that and use creed hands.]
[+]
By Chyula 2013-03-26 13:06:13  
the only place I see a pld tank is to hold adds, the real tank are monk and wars. all you need are aegis and ochain to hold the adds. I'm sorry to said but unless SE fix the defense and enimty formula the pld class is very limited to adds situation only.

SE should give pld class a 10-15% haste trait that go over the haste cap, this should solve the capped enmity problem because when everyone are cap on it the mob will only go after the person who does the next action faster.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-03-26 14:08:21  
Bismarck.Kelhor said: »
Creed +2 hands are, pound for pound, one of the best pieces of gear we get. Excellent combat stats, additional damage reduction on a shield block, and even VIT in case that's ever relevant again ever.

At a minimum you should be using them whenever you're using the shield, engaged or disengaged, provided you cap PDT without Melaco/Magma/Paalaka.

[Edit: I realize Martel lists the other PDT hands higher, but it's relatively easy to cap PDT these days, so really, do that and use creed hands.]
I am going to be honest with you i am not great with space.So i try to make or keep sets of gear that i am going to need or that i can use on other jobs.So yes i try to make 1 set for my pld if i can.It normally gets the most love out of any job i play seeing as pld is my main and has been for years.I do trade the sky hands out for af2 when i am doing a bash then i macro them back in.I also have a macro set to go from af1 body to addy body when i need that +8 mp.I know what everyone is going to say i am a noob and i am gimp.I do not care if you say that.Seeing as it is funny i can make gimped gear work i have done it in the past and it worked fine for me.

I think the gear i pick more gos for what i think would be better to replace the junk parts i have.Still to this day i tell everyone when they can trade out af1 pants i hate them and you really do not need that +5 anyway i tell them go with addy or the addy at level 77.

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2013-03-27 16:30:54  

At level 99, with capped shield skill and merits, you shouldn't need that much more skill in gear slots. Af1 feet would be useful if doing a bcnm or vwnm where you needed to super tank several mobs so the party can focus on one at a time. Other than that, if you want to compete with DD's, optimize your str, atk, cap haste, dbl trip quad atk where you can. Af1 feet have their place, but it's not for full timing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-27 16:33:43  
Voren said: »

At level 99, with capped shield skill and merits, you shouldn't need that much more skill in gear slots. Af1 feet would be useful if doing a bcnm or vwnm where you needed to super tank several mobs so the party can focus on one at a time. Other than that, if you want to compete with DD's, optimize your str, atk, cap haste, dbl trip quad atk where you can. Af1 feet have their place, but it's not for full timing.

LOL @ giving Kawar serious advice.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-03-27 16:55:40  
Noone has mentioned that the pieces that have acc (body and feet) are REALLY generous with them. It makes it worth fitting the acc into the 2 or 3 slots while jamming whatever you need most in other slots.

As for soloing, there's nothing better than Gigaflare healing you for 1800. When I solo on PLD, I like to camp 50%~ health letting the set bonus take care of as much health as it can. I love my ochain but I prefer Aegis for solo which means MP is a commodity.

Creed's "weakness" is unlike nearly every other melee, our headpiece got Fast Cast rather than haste making haste-capping somewhat of a choice.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-03-27 17:54:09  

Why would i care about DD.I understand it is needed to keep hate and that is the only factor that has me getting the rest of the creed set even if i really cant stand it.I will give it the fast cast and haste will make life so much better.
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2013-03-27 18:03:47  
Creed armor stats could be HIIIIIIIIIGHER~~ where abyssea damage really rocks.. GET THAT AMBER HIIIIIIIIIGHER~~ So we can get our shoes from the golden box~

i dunno im bored waitin for my ***to update
[+]
 Bahamut.Megrim
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2013-03-27 18:13:30  

Why would i care about DD.I understand it is needed to keep hate and that is the only factor that has me getting the rest of the creed set even if i really cant stand it.I will give it the fast cast and haste will make life so much better.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2013-03-27 18:13:39  

Cool I am happy your very passionate and opinionated on what you think PLD should be and I am going to let you finish but your post by far has to be one of the dumbest of all time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-03-27 18:17:05  
Asura.Stryger said: »
Creed armor stats could be HIIIIIIIIIGHER~~ where abyssea damage really rocks.. GET THAT AMBER HIIIIIIIIIGHER~~ So we can get our shoes from the golden box~

i dunno im bored waitin for my ***to update
Saw what you did there.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2013-03-27 18:20:35  

I am going to be honest with you i am not great with space.So i try to make or keep sets of gear that i am going to need or that i can use on other jobs.So yes i try to make 1 set for my pld if i can.It normally gets the most love out of any job i play seeing as pld is my main and has been for years.I do trade the sky hands out for af2 when i am doing a bash then i macro them back in.I also have a macro set to go from af1 body to addy body when i need that +8 mp.I know what everyone is going to say i am a noob and i am gimp.I do not care if you say that.Seeing as it is funny i can make gimped gear work i have done it in the past and it worked fine for me.

I think the gear i pick more gos for what i think would be better to replace the junk parts i have.Still to this day i tell everyone when they can trade out af1 pants i hate them and you really do not need that +5 anyway i tell them go with addy or the addy at level 77.

jesus where do I start first off you cannot seriously call yourself a PLD main if you cannot even make room for multiple gear sets PLD wise PDT MDT TP WS etc shield skill set idle refresh sets bla bla bla.Secondly Acc Atk as well as haste play a very important role in building enmity more specifically VE so idk maybe suck less?How you think PLD should be and how PLD is played are clearly two completely different things so don't insult the people who actually play it right and work hard at it as well as evolve with the job moving forward.
By Voren 2013-03-27 18:41:24  

Why would you care about competing with DD's? Seriously? You actually made that statement? I facepalmed, re-read it, facepalmed again, and died a little inside.

Now I have the belief you're:

1: trolling

2: stuck in level 75

3: don't fully grasp being a PLD

and/or

4: don't fully grasp what certain enhancements do.

The only saving grace is that SE is suppose to have reworked the hate system. Whether this helps or hinders a tank is yet to be seen.
By Enuyasha 2013-03-27 18:43:23  
Carbuncle.Galmaximas said: »

jesus where do I start first off you cannot seriously call yourself a PLD main if you cannot even make room for multiple gear sets PLD wise PDT MDT TP WS etc shield skill set idle refresh sets bla bla bla.Secondly Acc Atk as well as haste play a very important role in building enmity more specifically VE so idk maybe suck less?How you think PLD should be and how PLD is played are clearly two completely different things so don't insult the people who actually play it right and work hard at it as well as evolve with the job moving forward.
should also have a cure potency/curecheat set...but meh. You know, cause even if you are full HP you can still gain hate from Cure IV with a curecheat set...
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-27 19:58:00  
ITT: people have never read a Kawar thread before.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2013-03-27 19:59:51  
Kawar is a silly goose!
[+]