フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 363 364 365
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2022-04-27 16:04:23  
If I'm using Godhands should I be running Sherida/Telos or replace one of them with Mache +1 for the MA? General tp set.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-04-27 16:06:16  
You're not going to have a noticeable difference either way. I use one mache+1 since I carry it for shijin anyways
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-27 16:07:09  
(Neither)

It really doesn't matter.

(Beaten. Am sad)

((in 3....2.....1.... um achully theres two dps difference and you need to wear that one, here's the set that you didn't ask for but I'm posting))
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2022-04-27 16:07:41  
Thx Austar
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-04-28 00:16:09  
I would note 2 problems with Mache Earring +1

1. Don't use it with other H2H, it will overcap your martial arts with pretty much all other relevent H2Hs, while perfectly capping your Godhands, if it overcaps your Martial arts the benefit can turn into a negative and then its definately worse than other options.

2. Don't use it with the Empy body. If you are using the Empy body even with godhands you are much better off switching your earring to something else again because of overcapping your martial arts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-04 06:47:03  
I like the Karambit better, can start every battle with SS>VS>VS without the aftermath screwing it up. Then spam VS if the mob is still alive.

Better tp gain with Karambit, and tp bonus does (nothing) for VS

I believe it's; R0 GH < Karambit < R15 GH (Specifically only looking at VS) ((you don't mention whether or not said mule will R15))

Even though GHR15 is better I use the Karambit for this specific scenario because of the head start of the 3step every battle. (easy to set one SS then spam VS)
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-04 12:19:22  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
tp bonus does (nothing) for VS

Well, TP Bonus attributes to Crit Rate. If I'm looking at it correctly, Godhands should be adding something like 7.5% Crit Rate when under 2000 TP and 10% Crit Rate when above 2000.

*BUT*

Godhands really only offers Higher Damage and is noticeably slower than Karambit and Karambit has lovely fringe benefits.
When I last checked, the DPS order was (From weakest to strongest) Spharai > R15 Spharai > Karambit > Godhands > Verethragna > R15 Godhands > R15 Verethragna and the difference between Karambit and Godhands was like 3% or less?

Absolutely love my Karambit and still have them so unless you are able to very easily pump out an Aeonic for your mule, I would just stick with those, like Eiryl said.

Edit: Parentheses added for clarification
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-04 13:16:29  
R15 Verethragna last and Spharai first? Wtf?
You sure you're not listing them in the opposite way lmao?

Vere should be first, on par with Godhands probably, maybe slightly above but then again the best scenario is using both according to Impetus being up or down.
Also you didn't list Glanzfaust, which alas I'm afraid is possibly the weakest link of our options, sigh.
And R0 Vere I think it's worse than R0 Godhands.
Wouldn't be wholly surprised to see R0 Vere on par/behind Karambit.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-04 13:20:31  
Wait, I was listing from weakest to strongest. My fault, I didn’t clarify.

And yeah it sounds like Glanz is still a tragedy
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-04 14:32:07  
R15 Glanz is better third best in most situations you are not wasting AM3 running or swapping targets with GH and Vere swapping depending on the buffs and type of combat you are doing
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-04 15:33:55  
Ohh that’s very good then, I’m glad to hear that. I haven’t played in a while but I’d usually keep Vereth on and leave them on or Godhands depending on what’s happening at the time. I didn’t see much point in dumping TP/AM without a good reason.

I just remembered posts (several posts actually) placing Glanz behind the curve for various reasons. I’m glad to hear it’s stronger than I remembered
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-04 15:54:28  
I think that applies only in the situations where you can afford to precharge TP before engaging, that is in the dead times between fights. Thankfully MNK can totally do that thanks to the synergy with Ask Sash and Boost (before that, things were slightly different alas)

In a fight (or series of fights) where you never stop and that lasts less (or more) than the ideal amount of time to perfectly fit the right amount of AM3 reapplications, then pursuing AM3 is tipically a loss.
And without AM3 Glanzfaust is kinda... behind where it deserves to be, let's say.
The change in duration to Focus/Dodge also ended up hurting Glanzfaust sadly.

Basically you're gonna spend a ton of gil and time for a weapon that, in the best scenario, comes out as third/fourth in the tier list.
That's not exactly what I'd define "fair" or "worth it" in my book, but to each its own and - to be fair - the relative or absolute strength of a weapon isn't the only factor that makes people want to collect some of them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-04 16:09:55  
Glanz is the best for any fight you start at 3K or high duration left, skillchaining(self or duo,) and don't have to reapply AM3 during. And some more niche cases where you do have to reapply. but a spreadsheet doesn't show that so nobody cares and will argue with me anyways
[+]
 Asura.Ragnarky
user: Ragnark
By Asura.Ragnarky 2022-05-10 18:20:03  
having an issue with sel-include.lua

line 1461: attempt to index field: '?' (a nil value)

line 1461 is as follows:

if player.equipment.main ~= sets.weapons[state.Weapons.value].main or (sets.weapons[state.Weapons.value].sub and player.equipment.sub ~= sets.weapons[state.Weapons.value].sub) or (sets.weapons[state.Weapons.value].range and player.equipment.range ~= sets.weapons[state.Weapons.value].range) then

my main weapon is "godhands" ... i fail to figure out what the issue is

also having an issue with flow.lua line 354

function user_pcall(str,...)
if user_env then
if type(user_env[str]) == 'function' then
bool,err = pcall(user_env[str],...)
if not bool then error('\nGearSwap has detected an error in the user function '..str..':\n'..err) end
elseif user_env[str] then
msg.addon_msg(123,windower.to_shift_jis(tostring(str))..'() exists but is not a function')
end
end
end
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-10 18:26:36  
Asura.Ragnarky said: »
aving an issue with sel-include.lua
If I had to guess you are using an outdated version since Sel quit.
 Asura.Ragnarky
By Asura.Ragnarky 2022-05-11 03:49:12  
whats strange is only get that error on a few jobs - mnk, sam, drk, nin, cor ... all the rest don't give that error message.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-05-11 04:11:08  
Updating your libs files with these should hopefully fix it: https://github.com/Callios/Sel_GS_Files
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-11 10:16:12  
Asura.Jokes said: »
Updating your libs files with these should hopefully fix it: https://github.com/Callios/Sel_GS_Files
Kinda ***that the files on that repo link to a discord that supports a different repo. Its also missing all the JOB.lua that may also be out of date to the new libs.
Explain a lot of the confusion going on

Asura.Ragnarky said: »
whats strange is only get that error on a few jobs - mnk, sam, drk, nin, cor ... all the rest don't give that error message.

If I had to guess these jobs have weapons stored in a wardrobe 5+

Now that Sel has leave there is of course not an official repo but I will link the one that his old discord still offers support/help with as I think that is the best there is now. https://github.com/Headtatt/Gearswap
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-05-11 15:16:22  
How much extra MA do I need to cap with 35% Magic Haste? Trying to mess with Trust loadouts in Corneliaville. Using Sagitta.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-11 15:46:29  

you still need 6.36 to cap even with capped magic haste
[+]
 Asura.Ragnarky
By Asura.Ragnarky 2022-05-11 17:21:48  
i was able to figure it out...

it was a line in my username_MNK_Gear.lua file

state.Weapons:options('None','Godhands')

that line was missing the 'None' as an option
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-05-11 18:07:47  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

you still need 6.36 to cap even with capped magic haste

i will never escape dynastic gravitas :(
By Beau 2022-05-23 07:49:55  
Not sure why but SS>VS>VS is not making double light for me. Using godhands fighting stuff in crawler's nest (S), WSing at 1K TP (tried opening at 2K tp also), plenty of time in WS window to hit 2nd VS (confirmed with skillchains addon). It worked before, is this broken?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 08:02:17  
Aftermath *** it up, thats why I hate godhands

Every other shijin it has different properties.
[+]
By Beau 2022-05-23 08:13:53  
Thanks Eiryl, I'm embarassed I didn't know/notice this. I now have a reason to make Verethragna.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-23 08:19:47  
You can use Spiral > DK > Smite or DK > Spiral > Smite depending on your footwork status and gear

TK > TK > TK is also strong during FW
[+]
By Starbucks 2022-05-25 09:03:40  
3K SS to VS is straight Radiance too. That's what I use when I get 3K TP without trying to.
By SimonSes 2022-05-25 10:41:15  
Starbucks said: »
3K SS to VS is straight Radiance too. That's what I use when I get 3K TP without trying to.

Not really. You need to first 3k SS, then you need to do another SS followed by VS for Radiance and that second SS can be at any TP threshold.
First Page 2 3 ... 350 351 352 ... 363 364 365