users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 328 329 330 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-30 20:05:59  
Speaking of scales well with tp, most jobs get a tp bonus non rema weapon they can abuse for certain ws. Monk can't take advantage of that. They really missed the mark with Ask Sash not making that WSD+5% a +500TP bonus belt instead.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-12-30 20:08:00  
Because clearly Monk needs that.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-12-30 20:56:03  
DRG, DRK, SAM Don't get a Non REMA TP bonus weapon either.

Edit: Really just jobs that normally DW get them
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2020-12-31 01:02:38  
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/20523/chastisers

???
[+]
 Phoenix.Hannah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Segagamer
By Phoenix.Hannah 2021-01-07 18:03:42  
Would the Anch+3 (corrected from hes+3) chest beat the ken+1 chest when rogue's roll and/or blood rage are up or is the loss of 6% TA too much
By Taint 2021-01-07 18:45:11  
The crit plus 30% is only on counters if that is what you are comparing to +6 TA.
 Asura.Ironbars
user: Dritero
By Asura.Ironbars 2021-01-09 01:47:31  
Anyone have experience with glassy gorger solo on mnk with trusts? My trusts seem to run out of MP in the last 10%. I use ygnas, koru-moru, selhteus, ulmia, joachim. I tp in a hybrid set with -41% pdt. He's the only midboss I struggle to beat.

Hybrid TP
ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
head="Ken. Jinpachi +1",
body="Malignance Tabard",
hands="Malignance Gloves",
legs="Malignance Tights",
feet="Ken. Sune-Ate +1",
neck={ name="Mnk. Nodowa +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
left_ear="Sherida Earring",
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-09 02:51:33  
Glassy Gorger:
(Real quick first, If you have Yoran-Oran, use him over Joachim, if not that's cool.)
Start the fight in a max TP/DD build and go as hard on dps as possible. You should be able to reach 80% before the first Blessing Sync goes off.
As soon as Blessing Sync goes off you ideally want to sit in a counter set, not just a hybrid set.
That is the set I like to sit in for Gorger and use Dodge on Cool down without the use of Berserk.
Dealing with Gorger using trusts means taking as little damage as possible with counters and when you do take damage, it's not that much. Do not get trigger happy for dps as you should not time out. Getting caught by Quad. Contiuum in a WS set is the fastest way to burn your trust's MP so just WS after he TP moves during the lower HP. Also bring Vile Exlixer NQ and a +1. They are the best temp heal in the game and very nice to have in tough spots.
Good Luck
Edit: Forgot to mention, I prefer using Su5 for soloing on Monk so you may need to adjust a counter set according to your weapon so DT is ideally above 40% at all times,
 Phoenix.Hannah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Segagamer
By Phoenix.Hannah 2021-01-09 07:49:18  
Taint said: »
The crit plus 30% is only on counters if that is what you are comparing to +6 TA.

Sorry edited my post to reflect the chest that I actually meant, the Anch+3 vs the Ken+1 for if crit buffs are up
 Asura.Ironbars
user: Dritero
By Asura.Ironbars 2021-01-09 09:29:48  
Thanks for the tips Shiraj! I should be able to make that set pretty easily. I don't have Yoran unfortunately (Sylvie) but was considering swapping a bard for Monbereaux as he doesn't rely on MP. No SU5, I'm pretty much limited to R14 godhands right now.

I go /war although im sure /nin would help, but really like to have provoke to keep hate for zero hour when I get to gin.

Thanks again!
By Mize 2021-01-09 23:10:47  
What makes a monk +2 neck significantly better than Moonlight Nodawa? I see 5 more acc, 15 DEX/MND, and a comparable amount of TP between kick attacks vs. STP. Zanshin works on H2H confirmed via testing. Does the 10% phys damage limit make that big of a difference? Why is it recommended for nearly all WS sets? That seems like it's assumed you're always going to be at attack cap.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-09 23:14:12  
Mize said: »
It is assumed you're always going to be at attack cap.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-09 23:35:16  
zanshin only works on h2h when the job swings one time, so sam/blm for example. it doesn't work for mnk.

but otherwise, with no buffs outside of sylvie and haste from trusts, against apex mobs they're comparable for tp. +2 neck is used for FW weapon skills like dragon kick and tornado kick regardless of your ratio. when you start adding things like samurai roll and capping attack, it's not even worth having the moonlight.
[+]
By Mize 2021-01-10 12:54:13  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
zanshin only works on h2h when the job swings one time, so sam/blm for example. it doesn't work for mnk.

but otherwise, with no buffs outside of sylvie and haste from trusts, against apex mobs they're comparable for tp. +2 neck is used for FW weapon skills like dragon kick and tornado kick regardless of your ratio. when you start adding things like samurai roll and capping attack, it's not even worth having the moonlight.

Got it, edited my OP. I assumed like +3 AF feet the JSE neck would be used for any kick WS yeah. I guess I am trying to gauge the effect 10% phys. damage limit has on weapon skills when not at attack cap, and I assume that would be none at all. I don't understand the assumption that you're always in a DD PT with Cor/Brd/Geo. This game isn't always "meta" so to use the +2 neck in that slot for (virtually) every WS in every situation would be non-optimal. It gives 0 strength, 0 attack, 0 crit damage, and a good amount of DEX for the one WS that's DEX only.

I get that it's plainly the best in slot piece for TP and when at attack cap for WS, since I'm assuming the ratio change boosts damage more than any other neck piece would.
By SimonSes 2021-01-10 13:09:24  
Mize said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Got it, edited my OP. I assumed like +3 AF feet the JSE neck would be used for any kick WS yeah. I guess I am trying to gauge the effect 10% phys. damage limit has on weapon skills when not at attack cap, and I assume that would be none at all. I don't understand the assumption that you're always in a DD PT with Cor/Brd/Geo. This game isn't always "meta" so to use the +2 neck in that slot for (virtually) every WS in every situation would be non-optimal. It gives 0 strength, 0 attack, 0 crit damage, and a good amount of DEX for the one WS that's DEX only.

I get that it's plainly the best in slot piece for TP and when at attack cap for WS, since I'm assuming the ratio change boosts damage more than any other neck piece would.

If you are not attack capped, Fotia is best for pretty much every WS.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-15 11:37:29  
Asura.Ironbars said: »
Anyone have experience with glassy gorger solo on mnk with trusts? My trusts seem to run out of MP in the last 10%. I use ygnas, koru-moru, selhteus, ulmia, joachim. I tp in a hybrid set with -41% pdt. He's the only midboss I struggle to beat.

I would think the synergy of Ygnas and Arciela would do alot to alleviate the mp problem. so I would swap KoruMoru for Arciela.
By eliroo 2021-01-21 10:26:58  
Should you always aim for delay cap in-between martial arts and haste? Like if I am using Godhands and I don't have Impetus up, should I put on ~12 martial arts gear? (assuming haste cap)

If so, other than at haste cap(found those numbers), how do you determine how much martial arts you need at each haste level?

Edit: After looking at some swaps and TP gain, I am finding that swapping into MA gear in low haste situations may not be ideal. But I may be missing some easy swaps.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-21 23:45:05  
eliroo said: »
Should you always aim for delay cap in-between martial arts and haste? Like if I am using Godhands and I don't have Impetus up, should I put on ~12 martial arts gear? (assuming haste cap)
mache+1 without impetus for godhands is the only swap i'd use. most other MA gear sucks even if you aren't capped on magic haste.

(480 + WeaponDelay) * 0.2 = (270 + WeaponDelay - x) * ((1024 - 256 - MagicHaste) / 1024)

So if you have capped magic haste with godhands:
(480 + 138) * 0.2 = (270 + 138 - x) * ((1024 - 256 - 448) / 1024)

Solving for X gets you 12.48
By eliroo 2021-01-22 11:00:16  
Thanks! Yeah, I figured that after playing around with some TP options. I'd either get similar TP gain results with MA or worse in low haste situations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-22 12:07:52  
Hey guys, returning to game, got my vereth finished and AG, what's the best pieces to aim for first in picking up? Trying to make a to do list in order of grabbing things
By Taint 2021-01-22 12:20:04  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Hey guys, returning to game, got my vereth finished and AG, what's the best pieces to aim for first in picking up? Trying to make a to do list in order of grabbing things

Kenda/+1 and start to farm for Maglignance.

Ambu for capes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2021-01-22 12:20:53  
Yea I have the capes, at least two made anyways, a tp and a WS one for VS. Also just missing Mal body too.
By RendBlackhand 2021-01-22 12:54:56  
You mean a WS damage cape for VS or a WS cape. VS benefits more from DA on the cape.
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-01-22 16:26:14  
RendBlackhand said: »
You mean a WS damage cape for VS or a WS cape. VS benefits more from DA on the cape.

I use critical hit chance on my VS cape. Did I ruin it?
By Crossbones 2021-01-22 16:50:33  
Difference is negligible and you can swap it with a needle anyways. Crit chance is what I use on mine for vs and also use that for tp to save space. You won't lose any fights because you have crit on your cape instead of something else.
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2021-01-22 17:21:34  
yeah but muh spreadsheet dps

Just shitposting, don't mind me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-01-22 18:31:40  
Fenrir.Velner said: »

Just make another. DA for Impetus Up, Crit for Impetus down.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-01-22 23:08:36  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Fenrir.Velner said: »

Just make another. DA for Impetus Up, Crit for Impetus down.
Or just swap the crit to DA and use it for more ws and save yourself the inventory space
 Odin.Phillytool
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Phillytool 2021-01-24 12:24:00  
I know the kick attcks :attack only needs to be worn on activation but what about kick attacks? Activation or full time for the rate of kick attacks.
First Page 2 3 ... 328 329 330 ... 363 364 365