2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2020-01-24 03:12:31  
Asura.Sechs said: »
And we're talking about something that you use max for 1 minute every 5.

This is bound to very subjective scenario.

For example if someone use MNK for zergs a lot and has WAR in party for Warcry, then Footwork TK with Godhands will be your bis choice for zergs probably, so priority to have bis TK set will be higher. Now if you mostly play lowman, dont care for epeen damage screenshots and have r15 Veret, then you probably care less for TK set and can delay getting AF+3 feet (I would still get them :P).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-24 03:42:06  
Nobody here said don't get the af feet for WS. the original question was about TP sets. The question keeps popping up about whether it's truly BIS for monk TP, and we keep telling people "don't worry about it, the extra meva from su3 is probably just fine". Byrth's sets have listed feet as BIS for TK for several years now, that hasn't changed anything.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-01-24 03:47:16  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Nobody here said don't get the af feet for WS.

Why are you keep saying this, when Sechs is clearly writing (several times) about WS and using next best TK feet instead of AF+3. I even specifically quote him, yet you still coming back saying it's about TP >.>
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-24 04:06:04  
You're both right. The initial question was about AF+3 feet for TP set. Buukki said they're hot but not the only valid option, someone else replied that you're gonna need them for TK regardless.

I mean it's quite clear everyone should set the BiS stuff as their personal goal, wether they will ever manage to get there or not.
At the same time I personally find this dichotomy "Get BiS or shoo shoo" quite limiting, it's been a bane of these forums since like forever so it's not like it's anything new but I see no issues in sometimes accepting compromises, wether they're temporary or not.

I mean quite often everyone knows where you want to get to, the last step of BiS stuff. It's everything that's before that gets very rarely discussed and for many players that can be confusing, imho.

If you guys check even the old discussion about AF+3 feet you'll find a plethora of posts by me advocating them, it's probably the first AF+3 piece I reforged for MNK and I've been having them forever. I'm not tryin to convince anyone otherwise.
I was just saying that there are acceptable (INFERIOR) compromises that are alternative to AF+3 feet, that you could use meanwhile or, I dunno, as much as you decide you want to according to your needs.
Nothing more than that, I would never dare to say AF+3 feet are useless or not something to get for MNK.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-24 04:09:25  
Because the original question was about TP sets.

The only person who brought up WS was you, and Sechs isn't saying "use this instead of that" but rather "you can use this Footwork option in place of this until you possibly get AF feet". Again, nobody here is saying don't get the feet.
By SimonSes 2020-01-24 05:14:31  
Because the original question was about TP sets.

But I dont discuss original question.

The only person who brought up WS was you

Cool, so you noticed Im talking about them for WS. Why you keep saying about TP then? I guessed that Kyte saying "It's not fine to skip AF+3 feet." was a reference to them being need for TK, so I wanted to make it more clear for someone who maybe haven't catched that.

Sechs isn't saying "use this instead of that" but rather "you can use this Footwork option in place of this until you possibly get AF feet".

if you're really so adamant non not getting Anchorite+3 for whatever reason.
if you're so badly looking for an inventory-saving compromise to use exclusively on DK/TK when Footwork is up, I guess you can use those.

Sechs was clearly suggesting that AF+3 are bis but maybe not needed for TK set if you care for inventory space or gils and have next best feet. He then corrected, that he doesnt encourage people not to get AF feet, but only suggest that they are not highest priority maybe, so I answered him, that priority will be subjective here.

Again, nobody here is saying don't get the feet.

Including me. My last post wansnt about getting or not getting them but to prioritize them high or not and I was discussing specifically with Sechs. No idea why you are stubborn to keep going back to initial question, when none is arguing about AF+3 for TP set since your last post and I agreeded with you about them for TP set long time ago too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-28 09:51:28  
Good day everyone, need a lil guidance on my TP set, feel like im swinging too slow when engaged, my character seems to make a pause between swings, current buffs I got are either chaos or fighter and exp roll since Im getting JP now (507 so far)? and whatever ulmia joaquin decide to sing.

My engaged TP set is below and is a combination of the BG MNK community post and this forum.

ammo="Ginsen",
head="Ken. Jinpachi +1", --head="Adhemar Bonnet +1",
neck="Moonbeam Nodowa", --neck="Monk's Nodowa +2",
ear1="Brutal Earring", --ear1="Telos Earring",
ear2="Sherida Earring",
body="Ken. Samue +1",
hands="Adhemar Wrist. +1", --hands="Malignance Gloves",
ring1="Gere Ring",
ring2="Niqmaddu Ring",
back=gear.MNK_VS_JSE_back,
waist="Moonbow Belt",
legs="Ken. Hakama +1", --legs="Samnuha Tights", -legs="Malignance Tights",
feet=gear.Herc_HiAccTA_feet}

Herc feet are 16acc/atk14 and TA+4
Back is STR+30 acc/atk+20 DA+10, waiting for next ambush next month to either make a Dex+30 acc/atk+20 DA+10 or STP/CRIT +10 for TP?

Planning on getting neck +2 and MBelt +1 eventually.

Thanks in advance
By SimonSes 2020-01-28 10:02:33  
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
my character seems to make a pause between swings

Nothing wrong with your set. It's just that at capped haste, MNK is just the slowest (the most delay between rounds) melee job, so you might see some pauses between rounds if you don't proc DA/TA or if you drop some haste buff.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-28 10:29:38  
Thanks Simonses

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-01-29 19:36:35  
DirectX said: »
Can someone share an updated lua please? As long as it has tp/ws sets and can account for impetus it would be a great start.
This is my personal lua I pretty much scrapped and re-wrote for my personal preferece, so you may like it, idk.
I have just added the code for Ask Sash, but forgot to change Fotia Belt to Ask Sash cos I don't have the DI sash yet.

Fixed:
https://pastebin.com/e2KKqVZx

Edit:
I just noticed that I left some pieces of code in that pastebin which don't actually work, I was in the process of finising it and lost track.
Line: 676 -> 682 was unfinished so either delete that or comment it out.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2020-01-29 20:18:06  
Here's my personal Lua, its a version of Bokura's that I had for my DRK but converted it to MNK. Has Impetus code as well as Ask Sash and some nifty toggles for weapon swap, counter/-dt sets, acc sets. Still missing some gear of course but its coming along.

https://pastebin.com/EuGLx02V
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-30 10:17:09  
This is mine is a work in progress, is based on Selindrile’s highly recommend

https://pastebin.com/8SantjgE
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-01-31 10:02:08  
Here's mine, decent starting point.

https://pastebin.com/BEMxPpLy

Refactored for brevity and cleanliness.
By Korgull 2020-02-01 11:16:07  
Thanks for your luas!
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-03 11:01:27  
My wife finished her Glanzfaust that she started back in literally 2013 this weekend. Instead of just being an S-tier lockstyle, I thought about actually building around them for a fun option. She has Godhands, and Spharai, and Karambit, and we're working on Empy this month (she already has the mats, just need to NM kills). I'm assuming that for some slots you go more Store TP-focused, like cape and legs?

What's a BiS Ascetic's Fury look like?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-02-03 12:09:41  
Mythic AM3 tends to favor stp over multiattack yea. As for exactly which pieces are worth swapping someone with a spreadsheet/sim would have to check that out. Think someone already had this discussion like 20 pages back or so actually. May be worth a search.

As for Ascetic, I would assume you would just use the same set as for Victory Smite?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2020-02-03 12:18:03  
ItemSet 369053

There were other variations to this. I use malignance head and empy legs +1.

Can maybe use Ryuo (spelling?) head. But I'd prefer survivability.

If it's a wave 3 run and survivability/hybrid set is needed. I think glanz are gonna take the cake for keeping DPS.
By SimonSes 2020-02-03 12:47:40  
I doubt Glanz can win with both Godhands or Veret in term of DPS in Dynamis. The main problem with Glanz is activating AM3. MNK has no easy way to build tp super fast. 3000tp Ascetic is also very weak WS. Also I already use something that can be called hybrid set as my regular tp set on MNK, because its very little behind max tp set, so Glanz wouldnt get high gains here. Maybe if AM3 would work for both hands, Glanz could be competitive. That being said its not that far behind, so you can toy with it without feeling bad about intentionally droping dps in group event. Too bad it doesnt really change your playstyle or WS usage like most other mythics. Ascetic is just used once per 3min, because its really weak compered to other options.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-03 12:49:26  
Dood mnk has meditate now, AM3 is easy peasy
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-02-03 12:51:28  
AM3 is also wasted on having to re-engage in dynamis
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-03 13:00:52  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Dood mnk has meditate now, AM3 is easy peasy

I specifically said during dynamis. First of all am3 will drop and need to be regain during fight many times, so boost wouldnt beat tp gain from auto attacks then. Now if it drops between fights and you can use boost, it would still not give you much TP with marches on you. Then there is still a matter of loosing tons of DPS not using this tp for good WSs, but for weak 3000 tp Ascetic.

I see only 2 practical scenario for Glanz being optimal maybe. First would be when you lowman something without samurai roll and your whole success is based on self multistepping long skillchains and 2nd scenario would be when your pdif is super low and 100% attack bonus on Ascetic Fury could make it maybe competitive.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-04 09:55:01  
Thanks for the set ideas. We'll play around with them. Definitely going to prioritize making R15 Vere first, of course, lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-08 18:31:05  
Have you ever had a moment where you were like man, I wish I was countering more but gaining tp slightly slower? That's your answer.

There's always a reason. It only matters if you'll actually use it. Most of a counter sets usefulness is soloing. Less tp, buys your whm trust extra time on heals... or hybriding counter/dt when you end up tanking and don't trust your "human"/(bot) whm.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Oyama
サーバ: Phoenix
user: oyama
By Phoenix.Oyama 2020-02-08 21:00:23  
It's worth it if you want to actually use a counter set. It's honestly a neat style of hybrid when it's viable. Spharai are best of course but there are other options, and you can can get quite a lot just in gear without switching weapons or sacrificing too much PDT. Personally I go to my counter set when I rip hate before my DT set, unless the mob has dangerous moves or abilities or I'm at low hp.
 Asura.Sirris
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-08 22:09:38  
You can use Counter+ in the resin slot of your TP cape. That's what I do. It's a minor increase to dps at the cost of some survivability.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 311 312 313 ... 363 364 365