users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 ... 363 364 365
By Vishwambhari 2019-01-19 02:21:28  
Ruaumoko said: »
Asura.Arico said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
R15 Verethragna is probably a complete wrecking ball, and I wouldn't be surprised if in a wave3 parse, MNK came out near the top vs other DPS. I am happy with the changes so far.

Can confirm.
Can second this. That was an impressive display.
Speaking from personal, recent experience.
I own a R15 Verethragna. Last week we popped a WoC and I managed to parse as high as a top-player, veteran empy DRK (was a tie, less than 0.1% difference) and a little higher than another top-player R15 Masamune SAM. My rolls even expired mid fight because of some party switching at the last moment. Couldn't replicate on Kirin though, where the DRK outparsed me hugely (the SAM was playing another job, but would've outparsed me too). My opinion is that the last changes made MNK very competitive for the usual tank&spank fights that don't have many phases or mechanics that make you miss (perfect dodge comes to mind) or require time consuming target switching. The reason is MNK peaks at about 1-1.5 minutes AFTER impetus is activated, and greatly depends on it to perform decently. This might not look like a big deal, but it is, because a lot can happen in that one minute that could make the following 2 minutes (that you desperately need) worthless.
By SimonSes 2019-01-19 03:13:26  
Vishwambhari said: »
The reason is MNK peaks at about 1-1.5 minutes AFTER impetus is activated, and greatly depends on it to perform decently. This might not look like a big deal, but it is, because a lot can happen in that one minute that could make the following 2 minutes (that you desperately need) worthless.

1-1.5min after? whaaaaaat?

You have on avg at least 4 attacks per round. Round with Veret and capped haste is ~1.87 sec. You should reach max Impetus stacks after ~22 sec (maybe a little more because you would WS few times, tho WS takes 2 sec and is usually more than 4 hits, so almost no loss here).
[+]
By Vishwambhari 2019-01-19 03:22:40  
SimonSes said: »
The reason is MNK peaks at about 1-1.5 minutes AFTER impetus is activated, and greatly depends on it to perform decently. This might not look like a big deal, but it is, because a lot can happen in that one minute that could make the following 2 minutes (that you desperately need) worthless.

You have on avg at least 4 attacks per round. Round with Veret and capped haste is ~1.87 sec. You should reach max Impetus stacks after ~22 sec (maybe a little more because you would WS few times, tho WS takes 2 sec and is usually more than 4 hits, so almost no loss here).
What can i say? you do the math, i eyeball the parses. Since many here like to theory-craft about R15 vere, and i happen to own one, i thought i'd share what little i have to offer :)
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-19 03:43:14  

What can i say? you do the math, i eyeball the parses. Since many here like to theory-craft about R15 vere, and i happen to own one, i thought i'd share what little i have to offer :)

I think what might have happen is you had some misses resetting impetus and maybe around 1min in you finally got to 50 stacks and stayed there for a while.
By Vishwambhari 2019-01-19 04:01:22  
I think what might have happen is you had some misses resetting impetus and maybe around 1min in you finally got to 50 stacks and stayed there for a while.
I thought general consensus on Impetus JPs was that they add another 40 possible stacks, which would result in 90 max stacks total.
By SimonSes 2019-01-19 05:04:00  
Thats interesting and require test. Its +20 stack if anything tho, because jp category adds max possible attack +2 and +2 is from one impetus stack, not 2.

The true question is if that works for crit damage and crit rate, because if that still caps at 50, then it doesnt realy matter.
By Taint 2019-01-19 06:40:13  
The h2h update buffed Vere more than the 15 ranks. I had Vere r15 before and after and it went from very good to wrecking ball after the h2h update.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-19 08:03:39  
There has been no H2H update since the R15 got relased? Or did you mean the Accuracy Cap change? In that case I absolutely agree.

Btw does anybody know if Perfect Dodge counts as a Miss for the purpose of resetting Impetus bonus?
Technically it's not a "miss" it's a "perfect dodged" hit, it's a different number in the packet and I have no clue how Impetus treats it.
Wonder if anybody ever tested this.
 Kujata.Nekos
サーバ: Kujata
user: Nekos
By Kujata.Nekos 2019-01-19 09:40:33  
So is the consensus that if your only going to take one to r15 that it should be vere? I have all 4 and primarily use godhands since unauged it’s overall best. I just have no intentions to 500m to take all of them up and spreadsheet looks like vere15 is best bang for the buck
By Taint 2019-01-19 09:54:24  
Asura.Sechs said: »
There has been no H2H update since the R15 got relased? Or did you mean the Accuracy Cap change? In that case I absolutely agree.

Btw does anybody know if Perfect Dodge counts as a Miss for the purpose of resetting Impetus bonus?
Technically it's not a "miss" it's a "perfect dodged" hit, it's a different number in the packet and I have no clue how Impetus treats it.
Wonder if anybody ever tested this.

Yes, the H2H update that raised max acc to 99%.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-19 11:22:37  
Shiva.Darksniper said: »
Hi , Can someone post the updated BIZ Vic Smite, Raging Fists and Tornado Kick sets , Thanks
Also your Opinion on Verethragna vs Godhands, People talking about Verethragna winning.

ItemSet 364535

This is what I use

Bonnet is path A, Feet are 15 STR 4 Crit hit damgae, and back is 30 str 10 crit rate 20acc/atk
By Taint 2019-01-19 12:24:55  
Thanks for posting that set I’ve been curious about relic legs for smite.

What neck are you using for uncapped attack?
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-19 13:55:07  
Fotia, but I 6 box almost everything so I'm rarely not attack capped. Fotia isn't even that great of an option.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-19 13:59:49  
Occasional free ws for slightly less damage is underrated, without the belt it's not super worth it but eh
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-19 16:20:44  
It doesnt matter if you have belt or not. Its like saying 1% QA is not worth it if you dont have another 1% QA already. Which is actually even the opposite because if you already have QA, then every next QA you add has diminishing return.
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-19 21:13:11  
I didn't say it's bad, just isn't *that* great.
By Taint 2019-01-19 22:05:57  

Thats why I asked, because if you can't take advantage of the pdif on the +2 neck then its just a huge ACC piece.

I've considered using Rancor collar since there aren't many good options and free up a ring slot.
By SimonSes 2019-01-20 10:18:00  

None said that you said its bad tho.

@Taint I never was a fan of begrudging ring or whatever its called. Regal is imo better, especially vs high lvl targets, when dex from it have chance to contribute to ddex.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-21 20:00:05  
I would like to thank SE for the ACC change I don't think I've had this much fun playing MNK since bone parties in the tomb
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2019-01-26 02:38:17  
Haven't played much lately so I never got a chance to properly parse but I did manage to *** around with Verethragna R15 today.

Monster: Neak

100% Impetus up:

WS Average (43 samples): 34120
DPS: 7100 +/- 100.

I'd estimate that ws average with capped impetus is probably in the 36-38k range since my averages are skewed by a few WS getting in during early impetus phases and WSing before frailty is on the monster.

I'm pretty sure it's not even worth considering any other weapon at this point lol. I still wanna do some tests with no impetus at all but the closest data I can give for that is about 50 samples of mixed impetus up/down with an average of 29k.
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-01-26 02:43:33  

Highest number I hit in the testing/parsing session we did today. Hit several 53k. Not like epeen damage posting means much outside of possibility, but it's fun to see along side MNK being competitive with WAR during the test.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2019-01-26 02:55:35  
Also worth noting I had a 30/70 split on melee/WS damage but I didn't have AM3 up the whole time. That's another thing I should test next time I have the chance.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-26 03:16:02  
I tested NQ Raetic Baghnakhs. My MP went from 780 -> 702, which means they can proc twice per attack round. Path B Saghitta might be MNK's best weapon if they can proc twice.
By SimonSes 2019-01-26 06:46:11  
Asura.Snapster said: »
I tested NQ Raetic Baghnakhs. My MP went from 780 -> 702, which means they can proc twice per attack round. Path B Saghitta might be MNK's best weapon if they can proc twice.

That's interesting. Tho you could end up with some 8+ hits rounds then, especially during footwork. It could still be best tho.

That being said in practical scenario it might not. At this point so many hits, will be mostly overtping rather than fast Wsing and during Impetus you want to use V smite. V smite doesnt really get much with overtping, especially at maxed impetus. Veret would still be competitive for white damage and would have higher Vsmites, so my bet is on Veret during Impetus, even if follow up works for both hands.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-26 10:35:59  
Losing some gains to 8+ hit rounds is never a relevant issue. The odds of it occurring are too low to make it statistically significant.

In regards to Vere vs Sagitta, I couldn't say without parsing. I am very skeptical that you're just going to over TP instead of weaponskill more frequently. The reason I'm thinking Sagitta might be good is because Monk struggles with WS rate. I came on WAR/SAM to the Neak sessions Zano and Ramzus are discussing.

/Snapster_2019.01.25.log:23:24:11(Snapster) WS Average: Zanosan 32603 (23s), Snapster 30059 (33s)

This was early on in the session but overall that's where things landed. 43.5% more weaponskills and my 3 hit wasn't even activating because we were erroneously doing crooked Fighter's Roll instead of Samurai Roll.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-26 11:12:45  
Went out on WAR to do more testing using Raetic Baghnakhs. I removed all TA/QA gear and piled on the DA. I was able to get a 6 hit attack round (2 DA + 2 FUA). Sagitta path B is going to add close to 1 more strike per round.
 Asura.Snapster
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-26 14:09:59  
I wrote a small python script to calculate the average strikes per round that accepted the following inputs

Double Attack Rate
Triple Attack Rate
Quadruple Attack Rate
Kick Attack Rate
Follow-Up Attack Rate

For an Impetus up non footwork set, I got the following rates

QA - 3%
TA - 25%
DA - 28%
KA - 64%

The mean strikes per round with Vere vs Sagitta under these conditions is the following.

Vere - 4.196
Sagitta - 5.176

Any effects of 8+ round truncation is negligible and you're going to get a solid +1 attack per round with Sagitta. Your Victory Smite average will drop significantly. I don't know which is better but it would be interesting to parse.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-26 15:00:14  
I do recall Faith Baghnakhs activating on both fists, so I'm not overly surprised that the same would be true for Raetic/SU5.
By SimonSes 2019-01-26 15:38:50  
Asura.Snapster said: »
Losing some gains to 8+ hit rounds is never a relevant issue. The odds of it occurring are too low to make it statistically significant.

In regards to Vere vs Sagitta, I couldn't say without parsing. I am very skeptical that you're just going to over TP instead of weaponskill more frequently. The reason I'm thinking Sagitta might be good is because Monk struggles with WS rate. I came on WAR/SAM to the Neak sessions Zano and Ramzus are discussing.

/Snapster_2019.01.25.log:23:24:11(Snapster) WS Average: Zanosan 32603 (23s), Snapster 30059 (33s)

This was early on in the session but overall that's where things landed. 43.5% more weaponskills and my 3 hit wasn't even activating because we were erroneously doing crooked Fighter's Roll instead of Samurai Roll.

That's not because of low TP per round tho. It's because even that most people have different vision in head, monk has massive delay between rounds. Even with as fast weapon as Veret, it's 561 delay. With Sagitta its 601 delay.

With 4.196 attacks per round and ~80 sTP with sam rolls, you are still looking at WS+2round build with Veret and Sagitta with 5.176 wont push that to WS+1round. For msot cases it will be just WS+2rounds for both weapons, but Sagitta ending up with more TP above 1000.
First Page 2 3 ... 237 238 239 ... 363 364 365