Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-03 13:04:23  
SimonSes said: »
MNK can be very complex actually.
We were talking about a "basic" level.
And yes, I still believe it's one of the simplest jobs around at those levels.

For instances on MNK you don't have to care about spellcasting, magicbursting or a plethora of other things which are hard to skip even on a "basic" level, for multiple other jobs.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-03 13:35:44  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know of any scripting languages in detail, only query language. I could probably figure it out. I have been saying this for a few years now, so maybe when they release that expansion to the Far East, I'll be ready...
ashitacast is really easy, more so than gear swap in my opinion
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-03 14:51:45  
Do tell massa
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-03 14:54:27  
For the large majority of basically everything using both programs they're already fully done. You just have to fill in gear.

Not everyones file will have all the things you might want, but there's basically nothing you could want that someone already didn't. Finding them... and getting them to share is like pulling *** teeth... but it's there.
By SimonSes 2019-01-03 14:59:40  
Asura.Sechs said: »
MNK can be very complex actually.
We were talking about a "basic" level.
And yes, I still believe it's one of the simplest jobs around at those levels.

For instances on MNK you don't have to care about spellcasting, magicbursting or a plethora of other things which are hard to skip even on a "basic" level, for multiple other jobs.

On basic level of BLM you wont be worry about melee aspect too, so you only need FC set and two nuke sets, which is even simpler than basic monk.

Monk even at basic lvl has 2 TP sets (normal and footwork), 2 WS sets (Victory Smite and Raging/Howling/Tornado) and at least one function that equips Bhikku body for Impetus up.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-03 15:36:01  
which is even simpler than basic monk.
Personally I disagree with that. I find spellcasting more articulated and compex than building 1 basic TP sets.

Every job can be played to very high degrees of complexity... or simplicity.
But if you put all jobs on the same level in the hand of the same player, it's quite obvious to me how MNK is quite simpler than many of the other 21 jobs in this game.

I find it quite a good job to start practicing with Lua or XML.

Monk even at basic lvl has 2 TP sets (normal and footwork)
Wat o.o
Why would you even need a different Footwork set without Spharai's AM and on a "basic" level.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-03 15:59:46  
Someone math out the difference between this "Footwork UP" set and w/o one. It's not as potent as Impetus for sure, and you lose a bunch of kicks due to spamming TP anyways. I really want to see the difference in just keeping your full MA set on and equipping a few kick pieces (bhikku+1 legs and af+3 feet).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-03 17:12:43  
To be clear, that is strictly tp gain and nothing to do with which is better/best outside of how fast you gain tp.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-03 17:17:12  
I just started using bhikku legs+1 as I just recently got them and I'll admit I underestimated how good they were when asked about then in the past. I've got all 4 of the primary leg TP pieces but will probably stick with empyrean, cuz more monkish
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-01-03 17:22:01  
Any reasons why asuran > howling > smite > smite not as good as asuran > smite > final heaven > smite?
By SimonSes 2019-01-03 18:21:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
To be clear, that is strictly tp gain and nothing to do with which is better/best outside of how fast you gain tp.

With the best Veret build I came up with in sheet all combination of legs and feet are super close to each other.

Impetus up, Footwork down
Bhikku+1/AF+3: 8114 DPS
Bhikku+1/Herc: 8056 DPS
Samnuha/Herc: 8099 DPS
Samnuha/AF+3: 8142 DPS

They stay close like that also with FW up, Impetus down or both down or just FW up. Which is the best changes slightly during those JA phases, but they always stays close to each other.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-03 18:59:09  
are you talking about motenten's or your own spreadsheet?

Do tell massa
i mean you can just do this in ashita and equip a set for any ws. just name it <set name="Raging Fists"> and you're done. if you just want something simple, it's very easy and can help you make one.
Code
<weaponskill>
    <equip set="%ad_name" />
</weaponskill>
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-04 09:33:45  
Thanks Austar. I just dusted off the old Ashita and booted it up this morning. Will start working on it tonight and learn about it a bit more. Will hit you up for help
By SimonSes 2019-01-04 10:29:38  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Those dps numbers were from mnk sheet based on motenten's sheet. Got the link from somewhere here. Its called "DPS Calculator - MNK (12-2018)"
 Bahamut.Mayoyama
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mayoyama
By Bahamut.Mayoyama 2019-01-05 08:39:13  
Bahamut.Mayoyama said: »
Hello :)

I'm looking for some guidance for Shijin Spiral set. I loved Ruau's MNK guide but noticed it was lacking a gearset for this. I realise that this WS is lacking but I'd still like to make the best possible set for it (Godhands AM). I dont yet have 500 JP so I cant equip Kenda, so I am interested in seeing pre-500JP and post 500-JP options (And some clarification as to how certain piece compare like relic legs vs. Jokushu, Kenda hands' higher DEX vs Adhemar's higher STR and ATT)

This is what I have set up myself (somewhat blindly guessing what might work)

ItemSet 364150

Rao Togi +1 is path B
Adhemar Wristbands +1 are path B
Cape is 30DEX 20ATT/ACC 10DA
Herculean Boots have 10DEX 22AC 20ATT 3TA

Sorry to quote myself but it looks like my question got lost in among other ongoing conversations. Anyone mind giving some guidance?
By SimonSes 2019-01-05 13:11:41  
Bahamut.Mayoyama said: »

Sorry to quote myself but it looks like my question got lost in among other ongoing conversations. Anyone mind giving some guidance?

For capped attack it looks like Kendatsuba +1 4/5 + relic +3 legs + Monk's neck + the rest of your set.

For uncapped attack it looks like your set might be the best, but Herc feet would need to have something like 4%TA, 10DEX, 15 att to beat Kendatsuba +1 (the ones you have are also slightly better than Ken+1)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-05 14:50:56  
For pre-SU3 equip, try Adhemar Jacket+1, DEX path.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-06 03:39:31  
So I recently finished Vere and took it to rank 15. I'm really happy with the results. Just did dynamis D full clear wave 1 & 2 and got second on parse beating out some well geared, well skilled heavy DDs only losing to a R15 DP cor. Totally anecdotal, but with godhands I wasn't doing anywhere near as much damage. Will do some Neak spam or something to compare vere to GH.

I'm not convinced alternating Tornado Kick during footwork is worth it though. The 10% WSD on VS is really strong. Will test more later.
By Taint 2019-01-06 06:30:08  
T15 Vere is very strong. I’ve noticed a considerable difference in their performance since the acc/impetus buff. The fact that 3+ step chains are a pain on MNK really favors Vere as well.
By SimonSes 2019-01-06 09:12:32  
Its not worth to change to tornado at 1000 tp for footwork with Veret. It is however worth to do tornafo if yoi happen to overtp to like 2000.

Veret is very strong during impetus. Spreadaheet shows 8100 dps which is very high. With both impetus and footwork up its 8800 dps but only for a minute. The problem is that dps drops to 6000 with impetus down, but i guess avg in 5 min is still around 7260 which is quite nice. Veret is also by far the highest dps on mnk especially during impetus.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-06 09:30:44  
Taint said: »
T15 Vere is very strong.

Do they lose a lot of that extra oomph on PUP? i.e. Is it more Impetus that is making this weapon awesome?
By SimonSes 2019-01-06 09:36:30  
They are bis for impetus down too but the advantage over godhands os far smaller than, so yeah impetus is what makes it exeptionally good.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-06 10:00:07  

Those dps numbers were from mnk sheet based on motenten's sheet. Got the link from somewhere here. Its called "DPS Calculator - MNK (12-2018)"
those values seem quite high but my simulation is a bit dated and working on an actual UI for it. those are nearing sam pre-augment numbers
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-06 11:54:56  
Impetus in general got an insane buff, I've noticed silly crit rounds on monsters with just Spharai, Godhands. I'm sure Verethragna damage is surely ridiculous and I don't deny it being very at the top as compared to before.

The price of HMP has skyrocketed recently, probably partly because of Caladbolg/Verethragna makers (maybe). nearly 8m/stack on asura and i'm stuck at this stage -_-;;;
By SimonSes 2019-01-06 12:41:59  
Impetus in general got an insane buff, I've noticed silly crit rounds on monsters with just Spharai, Godhands. I'm sure Verethragna damage is surely ridiculous and I don't deny it being very at the top as compared to before.

The price of HMP has skyrocketed recently, probably partly because of Caladbolg/Verethragna makers (maybe). nearly 8m/stack on asura and i'm stuck at this stage -_-;;;

Im on the other hand farmed 1300 hmp last campaign and was saving them fpr offhand almace but since my new Tizona build is so good I will rather make Veret :) Time to go back to my favorite grind in abyssea.. Chloris im coming for you.. 20-30 times..
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-06 19:58:19  

those values seem quite high but my simulation is a bit dated and working on an actual UI for it. those are nearing sam pre-augment numbers

spreadsheets often overvalue white damage
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-01-06 20:05:50  
maybe, but that's at least a 20% increase compared to values I'd expect.
First Page 2 3 ... 235 236 237 ... 363 364 365