user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-11-26 02:23:23  
easy bait T B H
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-26 02:27:20  
Slight OT: what would Empyrean Body +3 need to be competitive against other bodies, at least when Impetus is up?

Considering that of course the Impetus bonus itself won't change (not unless they decide to tweak the JA itself).

Normally these reforged gear get higher values in their stats and one/two new stats.
The Job Specific enhancements get buffed only if the respective enhancements got boffed from the non-ilevel version to the ilevel version (NQ and +1). Given that didn't happen for Empy body, it's logical to expect the same will happen for the +2 and +3 versions.
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-26 02:53:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Slight OT: what would Empyrean Body +3 need to be competitive against other bodies, at least when Impetus is up?

Considering that of course the Impetus bonus itself won't change (not unless they decide to tweak the JA itself).

Normally these reforged gear get higher values in their stats and one/two new stats.
The Job Specific enhancements get buffed only if the respective enhancements got boffed from the non-ilevel version to the ilevel version (NQ and +1). Given that didn't happen for Empy body, it's logical to expect the same will happen for the +2 and +3 versions.
Honestly the only thing that would make the Empy body viable during Impetus is if SE remove the penalty for missing from the ability itself. If the Empyrean +2/3 body removed the penalty while being worn for the duration of the ability it would be hands-down BiS for TP and Smite/Ascetic's.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-26 03:10:33  
We all know that's not going to happen.
Supposing that WERE to happen, it would totally be a fix to to the JA itself, not an enhancement to a reforged Empyrean item.

Given how that part of the bonus didn't receive any boost from non ilevel to ilevel and following the previous similar examples we've seen with AF and Relic, it's pretty likely to say that it won't change.

I seem to recall Motenten calculated an average Crit Rate / Crit damage on the body during impetus. I don't remember this number, was it 15% for both?
Should be pretty easy to calculate for someone with math skills. You get 1% of each for each hit you land, to a cap of 50% for both, it resets to zero if you miss (which is a 5% chance, since of course we're assuming capped acc). On a hunch I guess 15% average sounds realistic?
Using that as an example what would be needed to make it viable during impetus? I.e. better than other options.
First we need to decide what are the "other options" lulz, because you don't really need to try hard to be better than a shtity body.
I guess Kendatsuba+1, Ashera Harness and Adhemar+1 are probably the best MNK can equip atm.

Using those as a base for comparison and using the experience from previous reforge, the stats of Bhikku+3 could likely be:

STR+39 DEX+35 VIT+39 AGI+35 INT+29 MND+34 CHR+29
Acc+53, Att+53
15% Crit Hit Rate, 15% Crit Hit Damage
Martial Arts -8
1% chance of double Kick Attack
Various defensive stats which will likely be higher than Adhemar+1 but lower than Kendatsuba+1 and Ashera.

Not sure about Martial Arts being good or bad, after the change to H2H weapons base delay. Guess it depends on the other gear you have.
What else could they put on this body to make it competitive? QA+2? KA+10? STP+10? /shrug
Not sure which model they're gonna follow for Empyrean reforge but I bet each item will see at least 1 completely new stat.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-26 03:40:16  
dunno if you gonna talk about staff in your guide.
For me i only use mercurial staff for spam fusion in omen, but maybe there is another use i miss.

AOE maybe
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-26 03:48:19  
Removed the Average 15% crit hit because Impetus would give that value regardless of the body. What's exclusive to Bhikku Cyclas is the Crit Damage part.

Atm the Body slot tier list is Ashera Harness > Adhemar+1 > Kendatsuba+1.
They're all sorta close, but still that's the tier list, at uncapped attack. The order is slightly different at capped att but they're still close to each other.

Bhikku Cyclas+3 with the stats I posted above is better than Ashera, so that alone would make the body worth it. This happens both at capped or uncapped attack.

In light of this we can say that whatever new stat we get, be it something useful (Multiattack, KA, STP, Crit stuff) or something useless, Bhikku Cyclas +3 is still gonna be worth it to use during TP phase.
That's if, of course, the ~15% average value is to be trusted. If it's more nothing changes of course, but if it's less then it's a different story.
By Ruaumoko 2018-11-26 04:19:19  
Asura.Psylo said: »
dunno if you gonna talk about staff in your guide.
For me i only use mercurial staff for spam fusion in omen, but maybe there is another use i miss.

AOE maybe
I like using Shell Crusher when starting a fight then swapping to h2h especially if there's no Angon, Armor Break or Ageha.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-11-27 23:25:02  
Cataclysm is a fantastic cleaving tool if you don't have other options. We were clearing floors pretty easily with it in Omen back when we were dicking around on MNK
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-28 01:11:34  
Which are the best 3 staffs MNK can use for those 2 purposes? (Shell Crusher and Cataclysm)

Also, anybody have 2 decent sets for those 2 WSs?
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-28 03:15:16  
i would say mercurial, exalted +1 and Reikikon (for cata)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-28 03:45:40  
No love for Gozuki Mezuki?!
Also would Reikikon's INT and Mab be better than Exalted+1's 18% WSD and WSacc? (supposing WSacc works as Macc for Magic WSs... don't think that has ever been tested, it might not work to be fair)
By SimonSes 2018-11-28 04:39:36  
Also would Reikikon's INT and Mab be better than Exalted+1's 18% WSD and WSacc? (supposing WSacc works as Macc for Magic WSs... don't think that has ever been tested, it might not work to be fair)

MAB and Int alone maybe not, but you are missing the very important stat on Reikikon - Magic damage. 217 of it on Reikikon vs nothing on both Exalted and Gozuki.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-11-28 04:43:13  
i can test it tonight.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-28 05:10:55  
SimonSes said: »

MAB and Int alone maybe not, but you are missing the very important stat on Reikikon - Magic damage. 217 of it on Reikikon vs nothing on both Exalted and Gozuki.
True, that's tipically a staff only present on mage staves, not "melee" ones, for a moment I was taking for granted at least a certain value was present on all those staves.
Reikikon is strange as in it has mostly magey stats, but also melee accuracy.

Then again though, 18% is quite a big value, and Mdmg is sort of a "fixed" value added to the base damage, it doesn't get multiplied by other stats in the formula, sorta like main mods like INT and Mab do, right?
At least that's how it works for high tier elemental magic and I assume magic WS work somewhat similar?

Regardless, I'd be curious to see some damage tests about Exalted+1 vs Reikikon for Cataclysm.
Any other contendant worth of being noticed that we haven't mentioned so far?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-28 06:50:31  
Regardless, I'd be curious to see some damage tests about Exalted+1 vs Reikikon for Cataclysm.

We had this conversation a few months back. Reikikon destroys exalted for cataclysm. Snaps posted a set that I use. Try 20 pages back. She'll crusher you can just use a standard mummu and wsd set since the modifiers blow and you really care about landing the defense down. But the duration is so long, even a resist will last a long time
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-28 06:52:54  
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-11-28 10:54:28  
Thanks guys, interesting stuff there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-11-28 11:20:02  
Cataclysm is good when stacked at 3k with Buffs. I've used it a few times even in Dynamis Tier 1 Statues. It's probably weaker than just punching, but people ignore white damage so yay numbers.

I was looking at Staves the other day to see if I could make it work. There is no good WS to exploit, they are all gahbij. Staff would have been a good candidate for Monk DPS changeup. I'm envisioning a 6-Hit staff WS where we throw it at the end and do a (Galka) backflip before catching it mid-air. Donatello would have been proud. Only use for staff on monk is pre-fight Shell Crusher and (rare) crowd control Cataclysm when you're getting buffs.

A group of Monks using Cata with Rolls/Malaise and a tank holding everything could murder some Dynamis Sandy for shiggles.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-11-28 17:56:22  
Reikikon is probably going to be the best. MAB is significantly better than WSD when you're MAB starved, which MNK is. Pemphredo Tathlum is like just barely worse than Knobkierrie iirc and that's 4MAB vs 6WSD.
[+]
By alamihgo 2018-11-29 20:25:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A group of Monks using Cata with Rolls/Malaise and a tank holding everything could murder some Dynamis Sandy for shiggles.
Did my invitation get lost in the mail?
By L0ki79 2018-12-02 12:08:24  
Anyone have an up-to-date MNK lua they wouldn't mind sharing? looking to see how ppl are handling counter / impetus builds~forms, and if anyone is using a crit / counter crit build for AM. Also, looking for current sets.. Just took on MNK as a project and most of the info out there is rather dated.

Thanks in advance for the help!
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-12-02 16:05:38  
L0ki79 said: »
Anyone have an up-to-date MNK lua they wouldn't mind sharing? looking to see how ppl are handling counter / impetus builds~forms, and if anyone is using a crit / counter crit build for AM. Also, looking for current sets.. Just took on MNK as a project and most of the info out there is rather dated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Monten's MNK lua works pretty well I would say, just have to swap the gear around for your updated sets. It has an Impetus Ruling in there too to Auto-Swap to a different body when your Hit Count is optimal. Probably not useful right now but when Empy +3 becomes available, that'll work. You'll have to Google to find his lua but I hope it helps :)
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-02 16:07:20  
These, are those

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-03 04:40:45  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm looking for alternatives for this set, according to the items I already have available.

Perf Leyline Gloves looks like a decent alternative for the Hands slot.
Now for the Legs: Limbo Trousers vs Hizamaru Hizayoroi+2?
6INT, 17Mab vs 50STR, 21STR, 7%WSD.
Normally I'd be leaning for the latter, but given how MNK of course has very low Mab values I'm not sure, given how Pemphredo's INT4/Mab4 is almost as good as Knobkierrie's 6% WSD...

Concerning the neck, you guys sure Sanctity gonna beat Fotia?
And Fotia vs Yamabuki?

Last but not least, Alber Strap for Grip?
By Dsuza 2018-12-03 16:10:13  
Hey guys,

Which page(s) in this guide have the most up to date, BiS sets?

And/or, is there a up to get guide somewhere else that you could refer me to?

I appreciate it
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-12-03 19:21:13  
I am trying to decide for now which H2H to use, would appreciate some feedback on ((why / why not)) use the following h2h:

Denouements
DMG:+165 Delay:+126 ACC+25 Quad ATK+3%

Chastisers
DMG:+148 Delay:+90 STR+20 ATK+33 Triple ATK+3% TP Bonus+300

Condemners
DMG:+135 Delay:+84 ACC+46 Double ATK+3% Store TP+5

Would like opinions on each of them, please (Pro/Cons).

By Ruaumoko 2018-12-03 20:31:39  
Denouements are pretty much your best entry-level weapon if you ask me.

High base DMG, accuracy and multi-attack.

Colossal Blow also great for mowing through fodder.
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2018-12-03 20:38:50  
Wouldn't a pair of Jolt counters be better than Denouements? and they're pretty cheap.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 224 225 226 ... 363 364 365