users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » War Gear
War Gear
 Lakshmi.Zingus
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2013-03-11 17:02:33  
I was wondering if there is a guide for what to equip while I'm working on getting Emp gear and the such. I'm level 95 now working on LB10. Right now I have the Perle set. Thanks
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-11 17:04:08  
I'd stick with Perle until then. Despite what people say, for the price and ease of availability, it's a pretty solid set to make do for while you're getting better options.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2013-03-11 17:29:56  
cool, what about neck, waist, back, ears, and rings?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-11 17:43:40  
Hmm. I've not played in a while, so I don't really know what works out best, but I doubt you'll go too far wrong with:

Rancor Collar, Goading (if you need the STP to drop a hit)/Bullwhip Belt, Atheling Mantle, Brutal Earring (COP 8-1 needed), Centaurus Earring, Rajas Ring (COP 8-3 completed), other ring really depends on whether you can drop a hit to 100% with it.

If so, Tyrant's Ring/Hoard Ring (+4 STP), if not and you have 24~25% haste I'd guess Blitz Ring, otherwise I have no idea, but I'd say to just find a cheap ring that has some remote use while you're working on better stuff (Keen Ring [ATK+7] or STR+ Ring would be my first guess).
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-11 21:55:57  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/

perle until abyssea era section of guide
By Phorcys 2013-03-12 15:33:10  
Going to have to disagree with using Perle unless you're pretty close to finishing your Ravager's. Turban/Hauby +1/Dusk +1 Gloves/Ledelsens until you finish your Ravager's will be your best bet until Ravager's and they're not too expensive nowadays.
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-03-12 16:25:07  
Phorcys said: »
Going to have to disagree with using Perle unless you're pretty close to finishing your Ravager's. Turban/Hauby +1/Dusk +1 Gloves/Ledelsens until you finish your Ravager's will be your best bet until Ravager's and they're not too expensive nowadays.

Those options don't make as much sense for a new player. Perle's overall stats aren't terrible, and the 5% Haste latent makes the full set fairly comparable to what you can put together off of the AH. If you add in Jingang Hose, the items mentioned there will be 15% Haste. Full Perle is 14%.

For the cost/benefit, it'd make more sense to stick with Perle and funnel gil into other slots.

That being said, I would definitely account for losing the set bonus when Ravager's pieces are starting to get swapped in. Instead of a W. Turban, maybe a Brego Helm, as it costs a lot less for the 5% Haste. Also maybe consider Grim Cuirass instead of a Hauby+1 as it again is a lot cheaper (150k versus 300-400k for Hauberk-Haubergeon +1 on Asura).
[+]
By Phorcys 2013-03-12 16:43:11  
Asura.Isiolia said: »
That being said, I would definitely account for losing the set bonus when Ravager's pieces are starting to get swapped in. Instead of a W. Turban, maybe a Brego Helm, as it costs a lot less for the 5% Haste. Also maybe consider Grim Cuirass instead of a Hauby+1 as it again is a lot cheaper (150k versus 300-400k for Hauberk-Haubergeon +1 on Asura).

Good advice. Would have to agree with the listed alternatives here.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-03-13 03:31:49  
i dont really agree with Phorcys's "starters" suggestion and even with Isiolias alternitives.

without any other pieces

Attack 41
Haste 15
STR 28
DEX 6

Cerberus Price: 830k

DEX 14
Accuracy 18
Haste 14
STR 22
Attack 25
Critical hit rate 2

Price: 25k or i dont know how many cruror.

Perle gives you compared to other set
DEX+8
ACC+18 (+6 from DEX)
ATT-16
STR-6
haste-1
crit+2 (not that it matters too much)

So we have less power, but more hitrate. Whoever asks for a Pre-Af3 equipset is most likly far far away from capping skills, might not have any R/EX gear (Byakko's haidate would be also good for the 1st set, giving it a little more haste and dex/acc) and maybe, just maybe, dont even has good atmas yet. And beside that- OP is level 95 cap so Brego helm is lv 97 so he would need another head for now anyways. He probably has a not-so-old character so he would need to buy all the bronzes for w.turban aswell. (thats like another 500k with cerberus prices)

While we all hate perle to death, its a solid equipment set for leveling until you get Af3+1/+2 and buying other gear just to not-wear perle is not so great in my opinion
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-03-13 07:13:13  
Cerberus.Mindi said: »
While we all hate perle to death, its a solid equipment set for leveling until you get Af3+1/+2 and buying other gear just to not-wear perle is not so great in my opinion

I don't disagree, as I basically said the same thing above.

My point was more that once you start upgrading Perle, you want to look at other swaps too. Perle is fine as 5/5. If you're using 4/5, you can probably do better.
 Lakshmi.Zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2013-03-13 09:10:22  
I had a Hauby +1 but sold it, I also have a Hauberk +1 but thought the set up with Perle was better. My thought was I just needed to get ideal neck, back, waist, rings and earrings.
 Phoenix.Ninjie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: ninjie
By Phoenix.Ninjie 2013-03-13 09:46:54  
Brutal earring/ghilles earring nq/+1/ ravagers earring
Rajas ring/tyrants ring/keen ring/hoards ring
Atheling mantle/rancor mantle/foragers mantle/ Cerberus mantle believe there is also a acc+ 10-15 that is pretty cheap
Goading belt/swift belt/pawr bel(the other AH haste+4 belt)
Ravager's gorget/ rancor collar
On my phone so can't really look up the correct spelling for everything lol. As far as the gear sets that were mentioned earlier, I would just stick with perle until you can get ravager's set.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-13 09:47:16  
Don't forget about time, too. You can round up other gear that is better than the Perle set, and better than 4/5, 3/5, etc and legitimately do a better job. But, I'd say that if you're thinking it's going to be like a week between Perle body and Ebody or Ravager's or whatever you plan on using in the end, may not even want to bother. But if you're not really going after stuff, then yeah, definitely consider the alternatives to Perle.

OR, too, just focus on the non visible gear like rings and earrings, then start thinking about armor. If you're improving, you're improving, and you'll "get there" eventually.

Good Luck!
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-03-13 10:06:46  
Lakshmi.Zingus said: »
I had a Hauby +1 but sold it, I also have a Hauberk +1 but thought the set up with Perle was better. My thought was I just needed to get ideal neck, back, waist, rings and earrings.

Most of what's listed in the WAR guide is fairly staple melee gear and not especially difficult to obtain. You will need to work on CoP progression though.
There are some good suggestion from Hitetsu and Ninjie already for other possible items to consider.

Somewhat related to that though, are you utilizing multiple sets (TP/WS/etc), and are you familiar with the general goals for each?

Also, I would upgrade your Great Axe/grip (if you haven't already). Laceratrice would be a good place to start - it's fairly cheap, has no negatives to work around, and is easier to 6-hit with the 504 delay. Dies Irae would be solid for Abyssea/low level content if your GAxe skill is high/capped.
Pair either with a Claymore grip.
 Cerberus.Meatster
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-03-13 10:07:55  
Warrior alone would have lots of trouble getting through missions I think. I started as warrior like a year or so ago and was real stuck, so had to level Bst up. Bst will help you get through Lb10 and missions for moonshade/brutal/rajas. Also real good for farming dynamis/limbus/salvage for gil.
By itchi508 2013-03-13 11:05:39  
Heres a very inexpensive TP set that is easily obtainable by anyone to get you by till you can get hands on rare/ex updated gear.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-13 11:07:58  
You do realize the hidden effect of the accursed belt makes it pretty impractical for essentially everything, right?
By itchi508 2013-03-13 11:14:29  
O.o your right my bad didn't even realize there was one, ( ive never used or even looked at it) i was looking for a substitute to goading & rare/ex besides headlong belt that was easly obtainable from Ah.com. couldnt think of any so looked threw ah listing real quick to build a for now set for somebody with nothing and a low budget. All peaces will be upgraded in many ways very easily I'm sure where this set would only last you a week or 2 at most. Like bullwhip or goading. Tyrants ring. Ravagers earring/orb. AF+2. Atheling mantle. & would stick with askar until you get Armada (if you plan to make one)
By Voren 2013-04-04 18:17:47  
Was curious if anyone had mathed, or could math if Byakko's Haidate with stp+4 and crit dmg +4% would beat out avant +1 for a ws spot on raging rush and ukko?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 18:21:54  
itchi508 said: »
Heres a very inexpensive TP set that is easily obtainable by anyone to get you by till you can get hands on rare/ex updated gear.
ItemSet 292727

I think full perle would be better, no? You'd gain 3% haste and gain considerable accuracy, no?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-04-04 18:37:27  
Askar body is also hardly easy to get, I went around 0/30 on it when I was trying to get one when empyreans first came out. Also atheling mantle since you're including goading belt.
 Lakshmi.Zingus
By Lakshmi.Zingus 2013-04-04 20:24:10  
for now I'm wearing
HEAD: Brego Helm
BODY: Dux Scale mail
HANDS: Ravager's +1
LEGS: Perle(dux haven't been available)
FEET: Dux
BACK: Vassal's
WAIST: Caudata
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-04 20:33:15  
Lakshmi.Zingus said: »
for now I'm wearing
HEAD: Brego Helm
BODY: Dux Scale mail
HANDS: Ravager's +1
LEGS: Perle(dux haven't been available)
FEET: Dux
BACK: Vassal's
WAIST: Caudata

To TP in? dux has 0 haste, doesn't it? Probably want to steer clear of that for now unless you have it for pdt macros.
By Taeketsu 2013-04-05 00:16:06  
Improvements you can make that are easy/cheap:

Body: Grim Cuirass (No haste, but this can double as a TP and WS piece until you get AF3)
Hands: Get Brego Gloves if price dropped on your server, if not then TP in Perle
Legs: Jingang Hose
Feet: Perle
Back: Atheling Mantle (rare/ex, 100% drop in abyssea)
Waist: Paewr Belt (or Goading Belt rare/ex from abyssea)

I think that's one of the best sets you can have without blowing gil on AH stuff like Calma that isn't worth the gil. Roll with this until you get your AF3 done
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-05 00:38:16  
I would honestly never suggest Paewr belt in any situation. Dynamic is cheap, phasmida is free that I believe war can use from VW, or even the Bullwhip which is 7% haste (negative stats be damned, that's what DT- sets are for) and an easy Aby drop.
By Taeketsu 2013-04-05 11:25:55  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I would honestly never suggest Paewr belt in any situation. Dynamic is cheap, phasmida is free that I believe war can use from VW, or even the Bullwhip which is 7% haste (negative stats be damned, that's what DT- sets are for) and an easy Aby drop.

Sorry, haven't been on much since the expansion - dynamic belt is definitely the way to go to hold people over until better options.