フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 264 265 266
 Asura.Slugman
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 16:54:23  
thf cant wear umuthi? lithe has added pdt with the same meva (***imho) and mdb out of the box. So you would essentially be spending time/money on iuitl. for a random extra small boost.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-26 17:00:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Ulthakptah said: »
So back to the pdt, Is the reason Lithelimb and Umuthi over Iuitl because of accuracy? And is it safe to assume I should just not care about gearing for evasion ever, because anything that is strong enough to hit hard I have no chance of capping eva on.

My opinion, for what it's worth: *** RANDOM AUGMENTS.
(And partially due to the acc, yes).

I personally, will not even consider using an eva set, it's statistically better to reduce the damage you're GOING to take, than take 100% damage when you DON'T Evade.

Not to say that you can't HAVE some eva in your set, but NEVER use a piece solely for it's evasion stat. Emet Harness is a perfect example of this, Best PDT and extremely high Evasion, as a bonus.
Cool cool, will keep in mind. I have been in rock and hard place before where my pdt set was the only thing keeping me alive, but I wasn't hitting well enough. I also know the feeling of the random augments. Once I used a wailing +2 just to get pdt -3%. Anyway I will throw stones are my gear and see what sticks see if I can't get some acc and double attack along with my pdt.
By Ulthakptah 2014-12-26 17:05:12  
Asura.Slugman said: »
thf cant wear umuthi? lithe has added pdt with the same meva (***imho) and mdb out of the box. So you would essentially be spending time/money on iuitl. for a random extra small boost.
I mean yeah? Isn't that the only use for gil in the game, to purchase the things that will make you have better gear?

Also wailings aren't so bad to get. I use those copper vouchers for obsidian fragments.
By Chyula 2014-12-26 17:10:22  
Ulthakptah said: »
So back to the pdt, Is the reason Lithelimb and Umuthi over Iuitl because of accuracy? And is it safe to assume I should just not care about gearing for evasion ever, because anything that is strong enough to hit hard I have no chance of capping eva on.

yea evasion pretty much out of the picture for now when you have so many option with pdt/mdt together like the skirmish gear. anything D and VD will hit you even with a high evasion build and for anything else when you can call trust out making evasion build useless.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Slugman
user: Sluggo
By Asura.Slugman 2014-12-26 17:58:29  
Clink Clink!

I misread hands as just a comparison to lithe.

And for anything 125+ everyone needs to be on their ***.

and @jos i was referring to chys 1999k request (which is getting old, I wish hed leech wifi from somewhere other than mcd)

Post deleted by User.
By Chyula 2014-12-26 18:35:36  
Asura.Slugman said: »
Clink Clink!

I misread hands as just a comparison to lithe.

And for anything 125+ everyone needs to be on their ***.

and @jos i was referring to chys 1999k request (which is getting old, I wish hed leech wifi from somewhere other than mcd)

I have standards, *** starbuck wifi.
By Colossusx 2014-12-27 20:43:55  
Sombra Tights +1 have a place in any TP sets for THF?
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-12-27 20:50:18  
Colossusx said: »
Non-delay capped they are best in slot. So solo play w/o trusts, dynamis/salvage etc.'
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-28 02:11:50  
Asura.Dakenx said: »
Colossusx said: »
Non-delay capped they are best in slot. So solo play w/o trusts, dynamis/salvage etc.'

I seem to always get the numbers wrong, but how much dual wield is needed for us to be delay capped assuming capped magic haste? My calculations put us as needing some, which IMO makes Sombra Tights +1 BiS since I'd rather switch other slots than legs. But your comment makes me think we hit delay cap without any dual wield gear...?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-12-28 02:16:40  
Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
I seem to always get the numbers wrong, but how much dual wield is needed for us to be delay capped assuming capped magic haste?
Assuming no JA haste, it's 36% Dual Wield including Job Trait DW, so 11% in gear for THF.
 Asura.Dakenx
user: Thebatman
By Asura.Dakenx 2014-12-28 02:20:11  
No you are right you do need some dual wield to hit cap so.I guess they could be best regardless
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-28 02:33:03  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I seem to always get the numbers wrong, but how much dual wield is needed for us to be delay capped assuming capped magic haste?
Assuming no JA haste, it's 36% Dual Wield including Job Trait DW, so 11% in gear for THF.

So yeah, these legs are BiS as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather use windbuffet/chiner's over Patentia and rather not use the adoulin ring. Can toss on sombra tights(+1? I think for +4) and DW earrings and be capped.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2014-12-28 12:04:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
The STP on patentia, isn't something you should just ignore. At, least, not now.

Generally I'd prefer extra attacks from Chiner's/Windbuffet over STP. As with our need to setup a WS via SA/TA getting to that tp isn't quite as pinpoint necessary, and the difference is going to be really small among that gear choice anyway.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-28 12:40:11  
If I don't have a Moonshade earring "yet" for WSing would it be better to use double thundersoul+ 1 or Thunder/Brutal?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-28 12:43:25  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
If I don't have a Moonshade earring "yet" for WSing would it be better to use double thundersoul+ 1 or Thunder/Brutal?

Thundersoul +1? You mean Jupiter's Pearl x2 versus Jupiter's Pearl/Brutal? If that's the case than Jupiter's Pearl x2 FTW, assuming you're talking about Rudra's Storm.
By Pantafernando 2014-12-28 12:47:53  
Work in those missions as priority and dont waste your cash with an expensive earring like the pearl. And if you still insist, at least get the dawn earring that can be used to idle gear, and just 1 dex behind jupiters, and half price.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-12-28 12:56:21  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

So yeah, these legs are BiS as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather use windbuffet/chiner's over Patentia and rather not use the adoulin ring. Can toss on sombra tights(+1? I think for +4) and DW earrings and be capped.
That's just silly, Patentia has both DW and STP. STP is by far one of Thfs best stats right now. Iuitl+1 legs also have STP. Personally I get my DW from Suppa+Patentia+Augmented JSE Cape right now. Sombra+1 and Windbuffet+1 are not close to Iuitl+1 and Patentia when you have capped magic haste and such.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-28 13:06:28  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Thundersoul +1? You mean Jupiter's Pearl x2 versus Jupiter's Pearl/Brutal? If that's the case than Jupiter's Pearl x2 FTW, assuming you're talking about Rudra's Storm.

Yeah, couldn't think of the name of the damn earrings so just through that out there. But Yes, that's exactly what i'm referring too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-28 13:15:40  
Pantafernando said: »
Work in those missions as priority and dont waste your cash with an expensive earring like the pearl. And if you still insist, at least get the dawn earring that can be used to idle gear, and just 1 dex behind jupiters, and half price.

If you wanna be perfect you will need both. Technically Jupiter's Pearl > Moonshade Earring at 3000 TP. Moonshade earring for anything under that. Being cheap will screw you over sooner or later. You ever heard of the old saying, "You get what you pay for?" Word to live by. =)
By Pantafernando 2014-12-28 13:47:23  
Being cheap will screw you over sooner or later.

I believe its more likely being screwed by doing rushed choices than selecting 2nd best in slot and useful in other situation items.

What you said is nothing but a biased and distorted half truth.

But if what you said is true, that choosing second best in slot is being "cheap", you can hold your saying till you can get a vajra. Otherwise, youre a cheap yourself.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-28 13:49:03  

Really don't mind spending the gil.

If you wanna be perfect you will need both. Technically Jupiter's Pearl > Moonshade Earring at 3000 TP. Moonshade earring for anything under that. Being cheap will screw you over sooner or later. You ever heard of the old saying, "You get what you pay for?" Word to live by. =)

I agree. Thanks fellas
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-28 13:52:51  

I believe its more likely being screwed by doing rushed choices than selecting 2nd best in slot and useful in other situation items.

But if what you said is true, that choosing second best in slot is being "cheap", you can hold your saying till you can get a vajra. Otherwise, youre a cheap yourself.

Not a rushed decision by no means been about a year and change i been debating if I should. Vajra is certainly the end game goal.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2014-12-28 13:53:18  

Jupiter's Pearl is only second best under 3000 TP. Which yes, most of your Rudra's Storms will be between 2000-3000 TP. But, if you ever pop one off at 3000 TP, using Moonshade Earring is analogous to being naked in that one ear.

I never said Jupiter's Pearl was universally better than Moonshade Earring. But, even if you have a Moonshade Earring, a second Jupiter's Pearl is not completely worthless.

Also, far as Vajra is concerned, as nice as it is for THF at this point in time. If I did do a mythic. Vajra would not be my first choice anyway. Since I'm usually on mage jobs over half the time, I would finish my Yagrush I'm currently being lazy with first. =)
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 264 265 266