[Archive] Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » [Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
[Archive] Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-28 02:50:46  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Apparently all this gear can be augmented, so there is some good potential for it to really shine.. or really ***the bed.

Wait, what? That would make these sets potentially god-like, hell the legs already look sick for Shoha.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-28 03:23:42  
Getting the legs coming ahead of Tenryu +1 for Kogarasumaru AM3 Shoha. Behind Tenryu +1 for Amano/Masa Shoha. They're really close, though.

Edit: Had gorget/ele belt for Shoha by mistake. Swapping those to Mala/Windbuffet changed the result to Karieyh coming ahead of Tenryu +1 for Shoha always unless you need acc. :x
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-28 03:39:45  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Apparently all this gear can be augmented, so there is some good potential for it to really shine.. or really ***the bed.

Wait, what? That would make these sets potentially god-like, hell the legs already look sick for Shoha.

was questing and noticed that the NPCs refer to these sets as "Traditional Armor", and one of the augment tarus says he can augment "Traditional Armor". Hoping it's worthwhile augments and not something stupid. Even so, legs that get close to Tenryu and can save me many millions of gil are already sitting pretty in my book
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-28 04:31:10  
As far as Fudo/Kaiten go, I'm getting Karieyh ahead for uncapped attack, Tenryu +1 for capped attack.
[+]
By Anare 2013-03-30 18:51:21  
New Karieyh Sollerets vs Omo. Sune-ate. Which is better?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-30 19:09:57  
Shoha: Omodaka
Fudo/Kaiten uncapped attack: Karieyh
Fudo/Kaiten capped attack: Omodaka
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-31 02:26:30  
Going to be making updates to the OP based on the new gear sets.

As far as TP/WS gear goes, R.I.P Brego Gloves, Ogier's Breeches, Avant Cuisses +1, Unkai Sune-ate +2.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-31 02:37:43  
Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
Going to be making updates to the OP based on the new gear sets. As far as TP/WS gear goes, R.I.P Brego Gloves, Ogier's Breeches, Avant Cuisses +1, Unkai Sune-ate +2.

Ya, Karieyh Gloves beat Brego Gloves, but Ogier's Breeches will still beat Karieyh Brayette for Fudo/Kaiten, Avant Cuisses+1 may still win for Shoha at least some of the time (8STR vs 2DA), and Unkai Sune-Ate +2 are still necessary for Segikori and will beat Karieyh if Accuracy is uncapped. Though, it should be noted that they will replace Saotome Sune-Ate for non Tenryu Fudo sets, but not necessarily for people with Tenryu Hakama+1... All needs to be played around with in Mot's Spreadsheet.

The new stuff doesn't change the mid-high or high end sets at all really, but they definately will go a ways in helping the mid level sets catch up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-31 02:40:46  
I don't think Ogier's will win for Fudo/Kaiten anymore at all. Tenryu +1 if attack is capped, karieyh brayette if not.

90% of the SAM player base doesn't have tenryu+1 so I think these legs are the new WS pants to have over avant/ogier's.

Also, Karieyh are coming out ahead of Tenryu for Shoha always unless Acc is an issue, which shouldn't be too often.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-31 03:00:08  
I don't think Ogier's will win for Fudo/Kaiten anymore at all. Tenryu +1 if attack is capped, karieyh brayette if not. 90% of the SAM player base doesn't have tenryu+1 so I think these legs are the new WS pants to have over avant/ogier's. Also, Karieyh are coming out ahead of Tenryu for Shoha always unless Acc is an issue, which shouldn't be too often.

Ogier's have 20 ATT as well and 3% Weaponskill Damage, I can't believe that Karieyh will beat them for Fudo/Kaiten. Again, we'll have to math it out, but I still can't see anything beatting Tenryu for Fudo/Kaiten.

Most of the time when you don't need the accuracy on Tenryu+1, you're probably better off using Fudo/Kaiten anyway, as I'd assume you have a 99 Masa/Amano.

Look at Brego Gloves and Avant Cuisses +1 on your server, 16 Brego Gloves 25 Avant and prices are plummetting. I'd find it seriously funny when everyone realizes that they still need them.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-31 03:49:20  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Avant Cuisses+1 may still win for Shoha at least some of the time
Nope.

Ogier's have 20 ATT as well and 3% Weaponskill Damage, I can't believe that Karieyh will beat them for Fudo/Kaiten. Again, we'll have to math it out, but I still can't see anything beatting Tenryu for Fudo/Kaiten.
Being a Tenryu Hakama +1 owner I'm sure I'm having a harder time than you believing they're winning, but here are the numbers on the spreadsheet using the following:

Bluffalo EM, Berserk. 450 skill Boost-STR. Varying food use to influence attack.

WS set:
ItemSet 294702

---------------------------------------------------------

No food -
Tenryu +1: 2892
Karieyh: 2895

Mithkabob -
Tenryu +1: 3103
Karieyh: 3111

Yellow Curry Bun -
Tenryu +1: 3175
Karieyh: 3182

RCB -
Tenryu +1: 3378
Karieyh: 3328

While Karieyh does appear to pull ahead for uncapped attack, it's usually by a measly couple more points of damage.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-31 04:04:00  
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Avant Cuisses+1 may still win for Shoha at least some of the time
Nope.
Being a Tenryu Hakama +1 owner I'm sure I'm having a harder time than you believing they're winning, but here are the numbers on the spreadsheet using the following: Bluffalo EM, Berserk. 450 skill Boost-STR. Varying food use to influence attack. WS set: ItemSet 294702 --------------------------------------------------------- No food - Tenryu +1: 2892 Karieyh: 2895 Mithkabob - Tenryu +1: 3103 Karieyh: 3111 Yellow Curry Bun - Tenryu +1: 3175 Karieyh: 3182 RCB - Tenryu +1: 3378 Karieyh: 3328 While Karieyh does appear to pull ahead for uncapped attack, it's usually by a measly couple more points of damage.

In rare situations they beat Tenryu by ~.01-.03%

Thats still pretty amazing for escentially the new Perle

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Being a Tenryu Hakama +1 owner I'm sure I'm having a harder time than you believing they're winning

I don't see how this is in any way relevant, it just sounds like arrogance.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-31 04:19:49  
If I put millions and millions of gil into something, only to find a piece that is comparable or superior to it crop up that requires little to no effort to obtain, I'd have a pretty hard time believing it too. It's not really arrogance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-31 09:31:17  
Llew is a good guy, I think he is just a little butthurt that lolPerle v2 is pulling ahead, even if its a tiny tiny bit, of a 50-80mil piece of equipment.

Can't say I blame ya man xD I'd be a little PO'd too.

The hands/feet don't look so bad as far as design goes but god those pants....anyone got some giant red f*cking clown shoes to go with them?
>.>
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-03-31 10:12:11  
Llew is a good guy, I think he is just a little butthurt that lolPerle v2 is pulling ahead, even if its a tiny tiny bit, of a 50-80mil piece of equipment. Can't say I blame ya man xD I'd be a little PO'd too. The hands/feet don't look so bad as far as design goes but god those pants....anyone got some giant red f*cking clown shoes to go with them? >.>

The body and head look worse...

I've got ~80M in my Ebody, if Karieyh Haubert beat it by .1% on fodder, I'd get one, and wear it when it beat Ebody.

Presuming what someone else owns or assuming that owning something effects your ability to read number is arrogance.

Moving on...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-31 10:32:26  
Has nothing to do with arrogance, but okay.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-31 10:46:54  
His comment had nothing to do with him being better at reading numbers or whatever the hell you're on about, but rather that he has more reason to be biased for Tenryu Hakama +1 because he spent tons of gil getting it and yet he is arguing against their superiority. It was more of a side note than anything, anyway.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-03-31 11:12:52  
Well thank you for the update. I guess I'll be spending some time in Reives after all...
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 11:14:44  
Is the above set that Llew tested for fudo/kaiten only? Are Omodaka Sune-ate already obsolete for Shoha?
 Odin.Zelphes
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-31 11:19:31  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Is the above set that Llew tested for fudo/kaiten only? Are Omodaka Sune-ate already obsolete for Shoha?

Omodaka Sune-ate should be top-tier for Shoha. That set you asking about is a Fudo set, but applies to Kaiten aswell.

Granted, I haven't spreadsheet the new leg/feet pieces myself, but that's what been said in that post.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-31 12:41:58  
Are Kariyeh feet > Unkai for Shoha?
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-31 14:37:54  

Majority of the time, yes. Unless you need the acc.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-31 14:44:44  
On another note, this helmet looks badass for buffed Koga AM3

Has anyone found info about how to aquire it yet?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-31 15:07:27  
Odin.Zelphes said: »

Majority of the time, yes. Unless you need the acc.

What extra acc does Unkai give? :P

15 acc on Unkai+2 vs DEX+11 Acc+10 on Kariyeh.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 15:10:15  
Odin.Zelphes said: »
On another note, this helmet looks badass for buffed Koga AM3

Has anyone found info about how to aquire it yet?

Looks like the Trex's armor drop, no?
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-31 15:10:25  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
What extra acc does Unkai give? :P

15 acc on Unkai+2 vs DEX+11 Acc+10 on Kariyeh.

Oops, skimmed past the acc on Kariyeh.

That's what you get for not paying attention :x

Kariyeh is preferrable fulltime for Shoha then if no Omedaka.
By mattyc 2013-03-31 15:10:50  
any thoughts on body vs. phorcys for shoha?
lots of things to factor in between the 2 but i wanted to see what others thought.

18 STR 25 attack and 2% DA Vs. 16 STR 5% attack and ws dmg+7%

scratching my head between the 2.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 15:13:11  
Don't forget set bonus Matty, since you're gonna be using Phor mitts too. Nothing beats Phor mitts yet for WS that I know of.
By mattyc 2013-03-31 15:13:54  
thats right derrrrrrrrrrrrrp ya *** that body
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37