user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-08-24 11:38:32  
Oh, wow, thanks! that's really nice to know :3
 Sylph.Jrpg
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-08-24 14:53:09  
How much -enmity is really needed for delve runs? I have -42 in my curaga set right now, which I figure should be enough so I can optimize for other stats.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-24 14:57:30  
I think I'm sitting in the 40s somewhere (-enmity), and I've not had a problem so far. Can't hurt to push to 50 if you can get it easily though.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-08-24 15:30:53  
Sylph.Jrpg said: »
How much -enmity is really needed for delve runs? I have -42 in my curaga set right now, which I figure should be enough so I can optimize for other stats.

Even before the "skill" update, I usually only had -10 Enmity in my Curaga sets during Delve NM runs. The only time where I would pull hate is if we would need to wipe to reset anyway, so personally speaking, hate isn't an issue. Your mileage my depend on how potent your group is, but given the fact that every single DD should now hit like a truck thanks to the skill update, enmity shouldn't be an issue until the next fracture update happens.

Keep in mind a couple of things:

Tranquil Heart gives -enmity to your cures, so at capped but non-meritted skill, you're still getting -21 enmity that stacks multiplicative with the rest of your enmity equipment. Even with a low enmity in the equipment value, you're still sitting on a naturally high -enmity count thanks to that Job Trait.

Odin.Calipso said: »
Can't hurt to push to 50 if you can get it easily though.

This pretty much as well. We have access to so much potency gear there really isn't a reason not to cap -enmity if that is one of your prime concerns. You can pretty much cape with Arka IV, Bokwus gloves, and Gendewitha caubeen with a 3% cure potency augment. The latter two items above already has -11 enmity, so getting the remaining -39 in other slots should be incredibly easy.
By Mesic 2013-09-01 05:28:43  
What does the -na erase set put your recast for erase at?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-01 09:52:20  
Most -nas have a recast of 5 seconds with Cursna being the exception at 10 seconds (of course...)

The current set caps the Fast Cast cap and provides 25% haste (40% if you're being hasted).

Therefore your timing should look something similar to:

Base -na cast = 5.0 seconds
Haste = 5.0s * 0.6 = 3.0s
Fast Cast = 3.0s * 0.6 = 1.8s

Erase = 15.0 seconds
Haste = 15.0s * 0.6 = 9.0s
Fast = 9.0s * 0.6 = 5.4s

Cursna is slightly different because your Cursna set would be fundamentally different compared to your standard -na set (as well as the fact Cursna is a 10 second base recast).

Even without Yagrush, the set posted in that particular -na + erase section will cap fast cast because orison pantaloons +2 + Divine Benison will give you 60% fast cast. The hat + cape + neck afterwards will more or less cap fast cast (19%). You can add one of the accessories listed to cap the cast time.

Since Yagrush isn't achievable for the vast majority of players who play the game, a very good alternative may be Arka II as it provides a Light-Affinity Recast of -14%. If I recall correctly, this recast is added to the Fast Cast term, but I do not personally know if it helps the Fast Cast term exceed the 40% "cap" on recast that it has.
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-09-01 09:56:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
someone already posted a ss of 7% pot on head, here it is
I can't keep up with this gear set ish... it's changes like every other day..
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-01 10:32:46  
what what slot would be appropriate to replace for conserveMP in the curaga set

also with augmented gende. hat. we don't need curepot in back slot but i guess there is really no better Healing power cape than the 4 healing skill he potency cape already has
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-01 10:47:30  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

also with augmented gende. hat. we don't need curepot in back slot but i guess there is really no better Healing power cape than the 4 healing skill he potency cape already has

As long as you maintain the 50% potency with orison pantaloons +2, you can pretty much replace any slots you want.

Notably speaking, austerity belt comes to mind first and foremost. Earrings such as magnetic earring and Ammo such as clarus stone comes to mind too.

Also related: http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/pimpedout.php?set=691
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-02 12:54:56  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

As long as you maintain the 50% potency with orison pantaloons +2, you can pretty much replace any slots you want.

Notably speaking, austerity belt comes to mind first and foremost. Earrings such as magnetic earring and Ammo such as clarus stone comes to mind too.

Also related: http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/pimpedout.php?set=691

it was more a weighting issues like we can get 8conmp in head slots but its going to trade away to much curepower.

but waist earring and ammo slots looks really nice
if cure potency is capped outside of back slot im gueesing going conmp here as well is good to (only losses 4healing magic for 4 conmp)
By Norto 2013-09-02 13:36:22  

Altruistic Cape is 1 more Healing Skill than Tempered Cape, if you want a "better" option for power (and don't need the 4% cure potency), but I could definitely see exploring other options for that slot.

I agree with the notion that you can pretty much use whatever suits your play style after taking care of the vital stuff.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-03 02:13:54  
Norto said: »

Altruistic Cape is 1 more Healing Skill than Tempered Cape, if you want a "better" option for power (and don't need the 4% cure potency), but I could definitely see exploring other options for that slot.

I agree with the notion that you can pretty much use whatever suits your play style after taking care of the vital stuff.

ty i didn't know why it dint show up on my cape searching
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-09-03 07:24:54  
Could always go back to the errant/ mahatma cape!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-10 13:59:28  
pdt set has club + shield which is 21 pdt
earthsthaff + eisein grib = 22% pdt a better alternative in raw dmg prevention

also you can now make you idle set have 22pdt or 20 pdt + refrsh/regen with onerios grip in case you mp/hp is low. so a lot better utility for spellcast users
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-10 14:01:14  
earthsthaff + eisein grib = 22% pdt a better alternative an raw dmg prevention

also you can now make you idle set have 22pdt or 20 pdt + refrsh/regen with oneirso grip in case you mp/hp is low. so alot better utitliy for spelclast users

Sadly, eisen grip cannot be equipped by WHM.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-10 17:07:25  
the 24 defense on genbu's shield likely outweighs 1% PDT in a lot of situations, anyway.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-10 22:28:28  
earthsthaff + eisein grib = 22% pdt a better alternative an raw dmg prevention

also you can now make you idle set have 22pdt or 20 pdt + refrsh/regen with oneirso grip in case you mp/hp is low. so alot better utitliy for spelclast users

Sadly, eisen grip cannot be equipped by WHM.

DOH....
 Siren.Hermaeus
サーバ: Siren
user: Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-09-12 01:42:09  
im sure its out there somewhere but was wondering if nq mitra would still be a nice piece to have over gend head with augs any insight would be appreciated thanks
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2013-09-12 08:40:19  
I think they'd be about the same? Paean has 7mnd/healing magic, which would be about, 10ish power? And Gendewitha has 20mnd which is 10 power, unless the power formula changed again :3 so if thats right then i think they're about the same?
 Phoenix.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2013-09-12 09:00:27  
If I recall correctly, this recast is added to the Fast Cast term, but I do not personally know if it helps the Fast Cast term exceed the 40% "cap" on recast that it has.
There is no current minimum recast value associated with magic. Also, I believe the recast on staff is multiplicative with total recast term instead of additive with 80% fastcast / 40% maximum recast reduction term. Easy to test on RDM main, capped fastcast, and staff.
 Siren.Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-09-12 10:23:44  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
I think they'd be about the same? Paean has 7mnd/healing magic, which would be about, 10ish power? And Gendewitha has 20mnd which is 10 power, unless the power formula changed again :3 so if thats right then i think they're about the same?

well gendwetha head has the mnd on it has 10% pot+ and another 5% on top with aug, nq mitra would be getting aug of i belive it was 9% curecast time down on it, if i did decide to make nq i can still maintain the 50% potency but i would gain healing skill and the cure cast down. i tried that cure calculater and not sure if i did it 100% right but seen only a difference in 10hp for cure4 so not sure if thats helps with a little more insight on the situation
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-12 12:25:47  
Odin.Jassik said: »
the 24 defense on genbu's shield likely outweighs 1% PDT in a lot of situations, anyway.

Very true, now that defense is a factor again. Even include Shield Defense Bonus too in that regard, though we're not entirely sure how it works yet.

Siren.Hermaeus said: »
im sure its out there somewhere but was wondering if nq mitra would still be a nice piece to have over gend head with augs any insight would be appreciated thanks

Gendewitha caubeen itself can be augmented to up to 17% potency, allowing you to free up quite a bit of space in other gear for potency (A 15% head seems most reasonable, however). It also provides a good -enmity boost and some Haste for those who are looking at secondary stats. The head is 0.5 power short from paean mitra which can be made up in other slots where you will free up the 2-9% potency in. I'd highly recommend the Skirm II head since it provides quite a bit of nice secondary stats to boost its effectiveness, especially on the defensive side of the spectrum.

Phoenix.Warusha said: »
If I recall correctly, this recast is added to the Fast Cast term, but I do not personally know if it helps the Fast Cast term exceed the 40% "cap" on recast that it has.
There is no current minimum recast value associated with magic. Also, I believe the recast on staff is multiplicative with total recast term instead of additive with 80% fastcast / 40% maximum recast reduction term. Easy to test on RDM main, capped fastcast, and staff.

This test states that the staff is additive with the Recast part of Fast Cast unless a futures test has debunked this. Again, I'm not sure is this allows the Recast term of Fast Cast to exceed that 40% cap due to Fast Cap capping at 80%, but it's easy to test as stated before, I just do not happen to have a staff nor a RDM to test this with.
 Siren.Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-09-12 20:52:17  
Gendewitha caubeen itself can be augmented to up to 17% potency, allowing you to free up quite a bit of space in other gear for potency (A 15% head seems most reasonable, however). It also provides a good -enmity boost and some Haste for those who are looking at secondary stats. The head is 0.5 power short from paean mitra which can be made up in other slots where you will free up the 2-9% potency in. I'd highly recommend the Skirm II head since it provides quite a bit of nice secondary stats to boost its effectiveness, especially on the defensive side of the spectrum.

so stick with skirm 2 head? would it be feesable to think that maybe use the mitra for aga's or single target and skirm 2 head as well vise versa? or would it just be best to stick with skirm 2 head and wait for a mitra -1 to pop up?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-12 21:28:38  
so stick with skirm 2 head? would it be feesable to think that maybe use the mitra for aga's or single target and skirm 2 head as well vise versa?

Skirm II head should pretty much decimate NQ Hexed head in every facet possible. I can't really think of a time I'd use NQ Hexed head over Skirm II head short of a Cure Cast piece.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-09-12 21:41:19  
so stick with skirm 2 head? would it be feesable to think that maybe use the mitra for aga's or single target and skirm 2 head as well vise versa?

Skirm II head should pretty much decimate NQ Hexed head in every facet possible. I can't really think of a time I'd use NQ Hexed head over Skirm II head short of a Cure Cast piece.

so wait for a mitra -1 got it thanks ghish^^
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-09-12 22:06:31  
so wait for a mitra -1 got it thanks ghish^^

To be honest, I can't even think of a time where I'd use Iaso mitra over a decently augmented Skirm II head @_@.....
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-09-12 22:34:25  
I've noticed more and more that I've been using my -enmity cure build. It seems like a really nice trade-off. Capped -enmity versus ~100 more HP cured. I rarely cure for the full amount anyways, unless i'm dropping maybe a cure5 because of someone is in the red. Anyone else on a similar boat? I just don't see the point in going full-on cure power for fights that last 4-5 minutes or longer (delve boss/naakual)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2013-09-12 23:24:48  
This test states that the staff is additive with the Recast part of Fast Cast unless a futures test has debunked this. Again, I'm not sure is this allows the Recast term of Fast Cast to exceed that 40% cap due to Fast Cap capping at 80%, but it's easy to test as stated before, I just do not happen to have a staff nor a RDM to test this with.

Reread what you quoted, there is no information for recast in your source. It is true that the cast time reduction staves are additive with fastcast term, it is not true that recast reduction staves are additive with fastcast term on recast value. Also, 40% is still the cap on fastcast term for recast.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 17 18 19