Rune Fencer=SOLDIER?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Rune Fencer=SOLDIER?
Rune Fencer=SOLDIER?
 Sylph.Kodachikuno
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kodachikuno 2013-03-01 20:16:31  
I am a big fan of final fantasy 7 and I noticed that rune fencer borrowed things from famous SOLIDERs. Like how Genesis enchants his rapier and the SOLIDER symbol on their belt. Wish I could insert pictures but check out the SoA site and the new rune fencer illustrations. How the job enchants their blades and the symbol on their belt.
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-03-01 20:23:36  
Short answer: Yes
Long Answer:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Knight

Genesis uses Runes and infuses his sword but he wasn't the first in the FF series to do so. The job class Mystic Knight/M.Knight and similarly named classes have been a hybrid melee/mage that wields a blade and focuses on elemental based sword magic in some way or form. Although FF7 doesn't have Job Classes officially, each character sort of pays homage to classic FF jobs (Cid=Dragoon since he has Jump limit breaks and a Spear; Aeris is a Geomancer as she has Limits that control the elements and she speaks with the planet, Yuffie is a Ninja since she comes equipped with the Throw Materia etc...) Genesis pays homage to the Rune Knight/Rune Fencer/Mystic Knight Final Fantasy archetype.

SOLDIER in general is an homage to Magitek Knights from FF6, magically infused warriors that are proficient with weapons and magic. In fact Cloud has the highest Strength in FF7 but additionally he also he the best, or second best Magic Power as well I believe.
[+]
By Altsmithra 2013-03-01 20:45:27  
but.. but.. I thought EVERYTHING Final fantasy came from FF7....
[+]
 Sylph.Kodachikuno
By Sylph.Kodachikuno 2013-03-02 10:28:38  
I always thought that mystic knight casts spells into their blade not using runes same as genesis but I can see that due to the fact you don't play as genesis and see him do it in the fmv and the limitations of the nes and super nes. I mainly saw the symbol on the rune fencer's belt is identical to the SOLIDER sympol on Cloud's and Sephiroth's belt.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-03-09 14:58:49  
Sylph.Kodachikuno said: »
I always thought that mystic knight casts spells into their blade not using runes same as genesis but I can see that due to the fact you don't play as genesis and see him do it in the fmv and the limitations of the nes and super nes. I mainly saw the symbol on the rune fencer's belt is identical to the SOLIDER sympol on Cloud's and Sephiroth's belt.

This:

Doesn't look like this:

At least to me.
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-03-09 17:34:32  
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Sylph.Kodachikuno said: »

This:

Doesn't look like this:

At least to me.
OMG I LOVE RED PANDAS <3 pointless but i had to
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-03-09 17:34:49  
FF3 Runic Knight, Celes: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Celes_Chere
 Sylph.Kodachikuno
By Sylph.Kodachikuno 2013-03-09 17:39:13  
that is it that looks like in crisis core. Here is the belt that cloud was wearing. Also the belt the hume rune fencer is wearing. I said I liked Final Fantasy 7 not that I don't like Crisis Core. Here is images of illustrating my point.

[+]
 Asura.Psubond
サーバ: Asura
user: psubond
By Asura.Psubond 2013-03-09 17:40:22  
why do people not realize that FFVII was not the first final fantasy nor what everything final fantasy related is based on?
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-03-09 17:47:53  
If anything, it does combine the Mystic Knight class from FFV, and Rune Knight (which FFVIs Celes was considered as, technically a Magitek Knight) more than FFVIIs SOLDIER.

I really get sick of the references that people think are being made in regards to FFVII and other games.
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2013-03-09 17:51:24  
Kinda see it, theres a circle and 4 sections. but clouds looks like a crown to me, while the rune fencer makes me think of a bird, specifically phoenix for some reason.
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2013-03-09 17:57:55  
Asura.Psubond said: »
why do people not realize that FFVII was not the first final fantasy nor what everything final fantasy related is based on?

Because ffvii broke a lot of peoples final fantasy cherries
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-03-09 17:59:46  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
I really get sick of the references that people think are being made in regards to FFVII and other games.

when u have around 20 games under a title, ppl are bound to find similarities between them. (especially in a series that used a lot of mythological references.)
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-03-09 18:34:18  
reading up on the 2nd comment. I'd say Aerith was more a White Mage than a Geomancer

In terms of FFVII chars to other jobs:
Cloud - Warrior / Red Mage
Barrett - Ranger
Tifa - Monk
Red XIII - Warrior as well sorta speak
Aerith - White Mage / Geomancer
Yuffie - Ninja / Thief
Vincent - Beastmaster / Ranger
Cid - Dragoon
Cait Sith - Useless! (if there was a class, it'd be Gambler I suppose namely in part to his Slots LB)
 Leviathan.Anonymous
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Caketime
By Leviathan.Anonymous 2013-03-09 18:42:58  
Cait Sith is a beast, clearly you were doing it wrong.
By Ophannus 2013-03-09 19:11:24  
Quote:
reading up on the 2nd comment. I'd say Aerith was more a White Mage than a Geomancer

In terms of FFVII chars to other jobs:
Cloud - Warrior / Red Mage
Barrett - Ranger
Tifa - Monk
Red XIII - Warrior as well sorta speak
Aerith - White Mage / Geomancer
Yuffie - Ninja / Thief
Vincent - Beastmaster / Ranger
Cid - Dragoon
Cait Sith - Useless! (if there was a class, it'd be Gambler I suppose namely in part to his Slots LB)

The jobs I listed for the FF7 vast are their actual originally intended job classes, not my opinions. FF7 was orignally set to nhave job classes for each character. Aeris is definitely a Geomancer with White Mage elements.

1) She talks to the PLANET
2)HealingWIND
3) Earthen Fury

Quote:
During early plans for the game Aerith was to have the Geomancer job class. Though the final product has no job system, Aerith's Limit Breaks manifest as her drawing power from the earth, a typical trait of Geomancers.