サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-21 08:31:10  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Again people that play 100% legit are screwed. Very sad.

Maybe they wouldn't be if SE had updated Linkshell Community within the last (two?) year(s). As it is, SE hasn't so the LS community has no data for level 99 equipment and is fairly outdated. Guildwork is a free alternative that's more useful and comprehensive than the LS community could ever have dreamed of being.

And come on, 100% legit? Who gives two shits? The fact that you tolerate a shitty interface and are generally worse for it is pretty much your own fault at this point.
W/e makes you feel better about breaking TOS. The fact I don't have to have a 3rd party crutch to function makes me better not worse. You sure are defensive and took it to a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE level.

There have been many arguments on both sides, they've all been said and beaten to death. Simple fact, no one cares if you want to play "100% Legit" but I'm not sure why you care about a ranking on a 3rd pt site if being legit is so important to you.
Not sure where you got ranking had anything to do with it. It is a fan site not a 3rd party tool. Again to clarify. I am frustrated at se ls community failings.Not this site. Said that a few times already.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-21 08:31:19  
He has a voice! And needs to annoy us with it.
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-02-21 08:35:33  
It's almost as if the official forums didn't exist for such complaints.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-21 08:36:00  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
He has a voice! And needs to annoy us with it.
I am posting in a forum. Don't like it don't read it? I made a statement, clarified it. Get over it. I don't think the same way as you. People are allowed to do that.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-21 08:36:46  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
It's almost as if the official forums didn't exist for such complaints.
I have said plenty there. I have clarified my position enough. You are the ones derailing horribly now.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-21 08:58:14  
Not sure where you got ranking had anything to do with it. It is a fan site not a 3rd party tool. Again to clarify. I am frustrated at se ls community failings.Not this site. Said that a few times already.
Had your post said only "Wish SE would fix their community site" then you'd have gotten some +'s and no one would have said anything about it.

And this fansite is a supporter of 3rd pt tools btw. We have entire sections devoted to the support and aid of those who use them and the site itself utilizes 3rd pt tools in the form of data collection and guildwork. If you don't want to support that, I suggest walking to the AH instead and leave us dirty cheaters to do our dirty cheating.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2013-02-21 10:17:54  
would it be possible to give other trial weapons some achievement value as well ? making an Earth DMG+6 staff is equally if not harder than a Masamune85 , as an example .
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-21 10:21:04  
Meh.
What's next achievement for glowing VW items?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Godsmack
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Godsmack 2013-02-21 10:38:20  
Achievement for WOE weapons lv 99? i got 2 :p and 1 lv 90
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-02-21 10:39:05  
If they did armor, need to give people points for finishing a piece of salvage armor that requires an armor drop from a bhaflau remnants rampart NMs (my favorite game content to complain about in ffxi).
Oh the suffering/rage this zone has caused me+my friends haha.

Anyways lolranking.
By Zackan 2013-02-21 10:51:03  
Lakshmi.Antonios said: »
wish there was a way for xbox users to have access to this, w/o having to go on a pc and link up
Solution= Blow up your XBOX
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-02-21 11:36:36  
Is there supposed to be a message after you type /gw flush?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2013-02-21 11:47:33  
It would just saying 'Flushing...'

According to GW. Your plugin isn't running (or atleast not connected).
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-21 11:51:13  
Again people that play 100% legit are screwed because SE can't get their ***straight. Very sad.
Firstly, if you don't like Linkshell Community (you shouldn't) you (or someone passionate enough) should make a petition to get it changed. For players who don't play on PC, or do but don't trust windower or guildwork for whatever reason you may have (breaking of ToS should be your major concern), then you shouldn't wait for SE to give you an update when they have no plans to do so.

Either ask for the Linkshell Community website to be updated and support what other community websites offer and more, or have them integrate Linkshell Community into the Official Forums so they don't have to support both sites (like they are even supporting linkshell community~).

Using Windower and/or Guildwork is breaking the ToS, you can't ignore this fact, but you also can't ignore the influence it has had on the game. Many of the updates you have had the past 5 years were influenced by Windower. There are over a dozen updates that come to my mind right now that were inspired by what Windower has given to the community.

If you enjoy the vanilla experience of FFXI then good for you, many feel it is limiting though. That does not mean it's okay to just break the ToS without a second thought, it just means that it has become necessary for many to break the ToS to even enjoy the game, and for the large majority of players that wasn't even enough and have long since quit the game for good.

Anyone can see how this game has aged, and I know SE is giving us updates, very very slowly, to upgraded how our UI looks, and we will be getting a brand new UI soon (PC only). Unless you haven't played any other game in your life, FFXI would look very old and unappealing to you today. People want things fixed, to enhance the game, and since SE won't give an unfair advantage to one platform over another (they shouldn't), we are forced to break the ToS to do so ourselves.

I believe SE has accepted this on the inside, because when Windower or Guildwork receives an update, like this one, it improves the game experience. We are able to enjoy the game, outside of the game, having our profile be updated on community websites and interact with other players from other servers, all at no cost for SE.

Yes, Windower opens up exploits to gain an unfair advantage over players, some more than others. Using official plugins, besides spellcast or autoexec, will net you a slight advantage, but they are more UI enhancements than anything. Delving into Spellcast or Autoexec will break the chains that held you down for years on enhancing your macros the way they should be by now. If you're knowledgeable enough in spellcast or autoexec you can gain a far too great advantage over other players, but using it in it's most basic form is no different than what your macros do, except you have more lines. Then there are unsupported 3rd party programs that automate the game for you, that aren't supported by Windower, that give players a much too great advantage over others.

Whatever the case may be, if you use Windower or Guildwork you are breaking the ToS, but many don't care. It's their money, and if you want to play vanilla mode you can, if you want to enhance your game and modernize it a bit then you can, though you might run the risk of getting in trouble for it (very unlikely).

However, players should not be forced to break the ToS if they want their community profiles updated on websites, and this is where SE is to blame for this like you said. If we really want SE to support these things, we need to ask for them, and we need to push for them. They aren't going to update Linkshell Community anytime soon, probably ever, so if you really want something like this updated so players who don't play PC or use Windower/Guildwork can have updates to community websites, then you really should do something about it instead of being ignored year after year.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-02-21 11:52:04  
Yea, it was on. I type the /gw login stuff and it said 'You are already logged in'

I unloaded gw and reloaded it and then flush worked. I dunno lol.
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2013-02-21 12:08:23  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
mfw people take ffxiah ranking system super serious when in reality it makes you no better or no worse of a player than the next person.

I'm failing to see anyone take it that way?
Either way, there's absolutely no excuse for FFXIAH to not have proper achievement scaling.
It never was and never will be meant to show how skillful one person is. Your ranking should show how much effort you put into the game, which is pretty much what achievements are for in any case.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Neboh
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2013-02-21 12:15:01  
Shiva.Karichan said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
mfw people take ffxiah ranking system super serious when in reality it makes you no better or no worse of a player than the next person.

I'm failing to see anyone take it that way?
Either way, there's absolutely no excuse for FFXIAH to not have proper achievement scaling.
It never was and never will be meant to show how skillful one person is. Your ranking should show how much effort you put into the game, which is pretty much what achievements are for in any case.
^
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2013-02-21 12:17:08  
Something is not right with my achievement (points)
lastnite i was at rank 14 well idc about that, what i see was
that i had close to 320k points (achievements)
and today after mm like 9 hours later i have 247,640 points
i totally understand that peps are working and updating ***
so they can get a better rank, thats ok is even out of question.

But i never seen anything like this!!!
someone stole my points (Q_Q), there is others with this same issue as me?
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2013-02-21 12:35:41  
Keep up the great work!
 Sylph.Leafe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Leafe
By Sylph.Leafe 2013-02-21 12:38:36  
It might be a minor issue (and possibly unrelated), but I've noticed that the atma data for my character doesn't seem to be updating on my linkshell's profile. For example, if you were to look at my character's profile you would see that I have the Atma of the Apocalypse and the Atma of the Sellsword, but if you look at the Atma tab on my linkshell's page both of these are still shown as missing for me. Other tabs such us Crafts, Missions, etc. seem to be updating correctly (not sure about Abyssites, as I haven't gotten a new one recently).

Has anyone else noticed this? I never had a problem with the data updating on my linkshell's page when I manually entered them, which is why I thought it might have something to do with the update. Again it's not a huge deal, but I often use the linkshell page as a bit of a reference guide to figure out who has this craft, who still needs this atma, etc. so it'd be nice to know that the information there is relatively accurate.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-02-21 12:50:16  
Fenrir.Iinfierno said: »
Something is not right with my achievement (points)
lastnite i was at rank 14 well idc about that, what i see was
that i had close to 320k points (achievements)
and today after mm like 9 hours later i have 247,640 points
i totally understand that peps are working and updating ***
so they can get a better rank, thats ok is even out of question.

But i never seen anything like this!!!
someone stole my points (Q_Q), there is others with this same issue as me?

Did you edit your merits?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-02-21 12:51:04  
Sylph.Leafe said: »
It might be a minor issue (and possibly unrelated), but I've noticed that the atma data for my character doesn't seem to be updating on my linkshell's profile. For example, if you were to look at my character's profile you would see that I have the Atma of the Apocalypse and the Atma of the Sellsword, but if you look at the Atma tab on my linkshell's page both of these are still shown as missing for me. Other tabs such us Crafts, Missions, etc. seem to be updating correctly (not sure about Abyssites, as I haven't gotten a new one recently).

Has anyone else noticed this? I never had a problem with the data updating on my linkshell's page when I manually entered them, which is why I thought it might have something to do with the update. Again it's not a huge deal, but I often use the linkshell page as a bit of a reference guide to figure out who has this craft, who still needs this atma, etc. so it'd be nice to know that the information there is relatively accurate.

That's a known issue. I will look at it today.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2013-02-21 12:55:14  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Sorry, this is going to be a bother.

bgwiki uses the in-game name for key items, which capitalizes the first letter and keeps the others lower case. So "Scarlet Abyssite of Lenity" is actually "Scarlet abyssite of lenity" on bgwiki. Could you possibly change the links to that somehow?

The other option is to route it through the search engine, but that makes more work for our servers and we're trying to keep costs down.
Like:
Code
wiki.bluegartr.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=Sapphire+Abyssite+of+Sojourn

This should be corrected now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-21 13:04:58  
Thanks!
 Fenrir.Iinfierno
By Fenrir.Iinfierno 2013-02-21 13:33:47  
I didnt touch anything >< just did the easy steps 1 by 1

thank you.
 Odin.Cdgreg
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2013-02-21 15:50:33  
What am I missing here? I have merits capped on all jobs and my merit tab total shows:
Total Merit Points: 2,202
Total Experience: 22,020,000
Achievement Points: 81,474

Jinjo's merit tab shows:
Total Merit Points: 2,266
Total Experience: 22,660,000
Achievement Points: 83,842

Any idea how am I missing 64 merits? I manually edited merits like a year ago, but have not touched them since. The current source shows as GW.
By Squabble 2013-02-21 15:55:36  
Odin.Cdgreg said: »
What am I missing here? I have merits capped on all jobs and my merit tab total shows:
Total Merit Points: 2,202
Total Experience: 22,020,000
Achievement Points: 81,474

Jinjo's merit tab shows:
Total Merit Points: 2,266
Total Experience: 22,660,000
Achievement Points: 83,842

Any idea how am I missing 64 merits? I manually edited merits like a year ago, but have not touched them since. The current source shows as GW.

You would have to remove your Lv1 merits and take your others to Lv5. A Lv1 and Lv4 merit in tier 1 job merits is 1+1+2+3+4 = 11, whereas a Lv5 is 1+2+3+4+5 = 15. That is where the discrepancy lies.
 Odin.Cdgreg
user: cdgreg
By Odin.Cdgreg 2013-02-21 17:28:01  
Ah good catch!
 Fenrir.Demonmaniac
By Fenrir.Demonmaniac 2013-02-24 02:36:46  
How about extra points added for glowing weapons and armors such as Asteria and Borealis and Mekira Meikogai? That would be a neat addition ^^
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7